(2008/04) April 2008

By Winter: The order is on the way to Singapore
happy.gif
The shipping cost is S$4.20 (US$2.74*1.53) per pack.
Please transfer the $$ to POSB Savings 102-18206-5
Exchange Rate : US$1 : S$1.53 (the rate that they deducted from my CR recently)
9 Oz : US$17.09 (S$26.15)

1) beans: 9Oz Pack of 2 * 3 (S$12.60)
2) maomi: 9Oz Pack of 2 * 2 (S$8.40)
3) na_na: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)
4) Lynn_: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$30.35)
5) Cherishbebe: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)
6) Joellez: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)
7) Maro: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)
8)goodbbb: 9oz Pack of 2 * 1 (S$4.20)

Collection Places (1 Dec to 7 Dec):
1) Bukit Panjang Plaza(weekdays evenings)
2) Little India MRT (6 Dec, Sat)
3) Bouna Vista MRT (6 Dec, Sat 2pm)
4) Hougang MRT (7 Dec, Sun 3.30pm)
5) Plaza Sing (weekends TBC)

If you prefer postage, please add postage of $3.75 ($1.50 + $2.25 (registered post))

By Serene123 : Playdate at my place this sat, any mummies interested. Next playdate will be the X'mas party.

Venue: Serene123 house
Date: 15 Nov
Time: 2pm to 5pm
Snack: Serene will provide

1. Serene + Roy Zak
2. Winter + Ernest

Diva

Wow. Ethan can swim quite long in the tub. my gal only manage to stay for max 15-20mins. then after tat, she will slp for the whole day. did he also slp for the whole day?

Hi mummies, sorry to interrupt...
but i would like to find out how much HT Brown Rice Cereal is your bb taking.

Mine is 6.5 months now and he can take 12 tablespoons each time!
The serving size is 5 spoons but it is too little for him.
I am worried about over feeding him but at the same time i am also worried that he is not getting enough so feed him till he is satisfied.

Can mummies who are feeding their bb with HT share the info with me.

Yvonne,

Yes, he surprised hubby and I by lasting so long!
Ethan cried and whimpered a lil but we held him and talked to him, and he gradually regained his confidence and continued splashing and bobbing about
happy.gif

We went to HX at Harbourfront and later popped over to Mothercare so Ethan had a long day indeed. We expected him to knock out but he was pretty alert, so we decided to shop a lil and he only slept on the way home.
He was starving after the swim though
happy.gif

Haha he didn't even nap when we got home as we expected, stayed awake till about 10.30 when he finally called it a night!
He's really surprising sometimes.. he's the one who swam but I'm exhausted! :p

Diva, a lot of people say that when they see her slightly chubby and very darn happy and playful.

But I struggle to ensure she gains weight healthily but she's still below the 50th percentile, and she absolutely will not drink milk except when asleep. then proceed with solid feeding she refuses fruit and veg purees and am so disinterested in her cereals on and off. It's really stressful when baby doesn't feed well and i feel so helpless cos I've done all I can. but just gotta keep trying..

When she's asleep I gotta feed her, and when she's awake gotta entertain her!

mummies, can your babies be left alone? mine cannot be alone for even like 10 minutes! even when she's playing on her own she wants somebody to be around or at least within sight. if not she'll scream or cry for attention and once someone appears she'll stop immediately and laugh!

last night so sweet, huby came home late and me and baby lazing on the bed (read: me trying to get her to sleep). she saw hubby and smile and hubby entertained her for a while. then hubby went away to take something she immediately frowned when he left her side. so sweet hor, i say she so young knows how to butter up to her daddy already.

Hi Diva...thanks for yr compliments
happy.gif

Ethan can soak so long? Tats good, mine soak ard 20mins only like Yvonne's gal.

Hi Angel, i try to take a pic tonight and post here.
I think Dana shld be able to drink barley right, maybe u can boil some for her and use it to make her milk?

mummies with Halo sleepsacks, what's the material like? I read someone describe it as T-shirt material? So it's soft and slightly stretchy like the Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe?

Want to get a second sleeping bag for baby. Deciding between Halo and The Dream Bag which is darn cute but more expensive and material like bedsheets (stiffer)? And Halo has zip down the middle but The Dream Bag has zip that goes round the side and bottom. Hmmm...

Angel, the water cushion should be easily available in the neighbourhood shops? It's like a chair pad only that it contains water. Ask around your neighbourhood stores that sells household items?

How is Dana? My colleague's baby also down with flu and cough and fever, already 1 week plus already. The flu bug this time is really persistent. Stay strong and positive!

lynn,

my son also under 50 percentile. need to force him to drink milk or entertain him while drinking milk if not won't drink. I can't get him to drink when he sleep cos he rather sleep. he look chubby in picture but when people see him in person, they will comment he's small size. my mum calls his sausage.
sad.gif

I kinda accept he's going to be skinny. hubby and I were skinny when young. I think as long as he's healthy and active I'm happy already.

Winter
Ernest is progressing so amazingly fast . you and daddy must be so proud! :D

dominic still can't figure out how to creep /leopard crawl . it's comical when he flails about on the mat .

Hi Angel, if u need it urgently...i can walk over to bugis and help u buy. But can u pick up at cityhall or suntec?

lynn, adel look chubbly
happy.gif
u did a great job!

I too accept that charis is small size and don't gain easily, she drink alot of milk but hate solid feed. Feeding her is very tiring. My mother say she work out alot, so don't gain much weight.

Is this normal? Do your babies climb on your body? even when you are standing up?

Hi mummies...so happy cos bb lucas knows how to clap his hand yest night when i say "clap clap hands"...very surprised cos i only show and guide him 2 days ago..and we are shock that he really can "understand"...but then he is still not able to sit on his own as he will fall backwards..

As for crawling..he can only crawl backwards...

Jo,
12 tbs is a lot wor n surprised it only came up to 5 serving spoon. How much water/milk did u mix w them? For HT BR, I use abt 3 chinese(ch) tablespoon + 3 to 5 ch tbs of water + 1 oz of fruit puree to mix. Usually it comes up to between 3 n 4 ch tbs of serving. This is for lunch. Hope this helps. If use HB BR, then it would be more/thicker as need more water compared to HT BR.

Winter
Ernest is very fast in his motor skills hor
happy.gif
Hope my ger will pick up these skills in teh coming months.

Lynn
Hahah i bgt the dream bag (bgt at bp) when shevon was 2m, then i sold away recently. It is pretty but hor i let her wear pj n she din need any blankie in aircon r of 25 to 26 degrees. Now i wonder shd i get again. Haiz, sell away too fast n now regret
sad.gif

Charismama,

Julian also does that. That's why I'm very scared when my grandma carries him. Also, he like to push against us when carrying him.

lynn, when i carry charis (she is facing me), she will step on my body and walk.. from tummy to my chest..

wonder if is it normal..

araid22, so it is normal.. I oso very scared, do he climb on everybody carry him?

is he very active?

it is good or not good?

I scared charis is a hyperactive child, she is like nv stop moving..

Julian can crawl forward but dunno y use only the right hand to push. These 2 days he likes to go on his fours and go forward backwards. Like riding horse. Very cute.

Charismama,

Julian is very very active. Ya. moving none stop that's why we also say he will not be fat one la. Hehe. Even the PD commented that he is very active. Haha. The PD couldn't examing him cos he kept turning to the front and crawl forward to get the toys. When the PD was writing things, he went to snatch his pen and pull his paper. Quite paisay. We have difficulty even to put on diapers for him. I'm thinking of changing to diaper pants.

araid22, same here.. too active untill i worry..

this morning she almost fall out from her stroller, my mother did buckle her up but she tried to stand up, it was scary!

Charismama,

Aiyoh. I can imagine... My son's like that. Just curious. Did you swaddle her during the 1st month? Some people say if dun swaddle kid tend to be very active when they are older. I did swaddle leh. But we only did 1 hand at a time cos he kept trying to get out of the swaddle. Maybe I ate too much crab during pregnancy? Haha.

active bb:

i have a active bb also. headache when wearing diaper for her too, haiz...

teething gel...

hi mummies where can i get teething gel? any brand to recommend? think my girl teething her gums must be painful. refuse milk from 8pm-1pm last nite. i can get very upset whenever she refuse to drink milk
sad.gif

Koori and Vonn,

Haha but I don't plan to bring him back again, the tub is too small!
I don't think he liked the neck float very much, he looked kinda uncomfortable and afraid of weird thing around his neck!
Gonna get him a wetsuit and bring him to the pool instead. It'll be more reassuring and fun to swim together
happy.gif

Cheesycake,

I used Dentinox teething gel on Ethan, worked well for him. You can get it at pharmacies.
I used to get upset when Ethan refused milk too, but if your daughter's milk refusal due to teething, then don't worry cuz it'll pass
happy.gif

Diva

Thanks. I will grab one later during lunchtime. Erm am not too sure if its milk's refusal. I suspect it could be lack of sleep too. She will give me this kind of pattern once in awhile. Chevelle rather go hungry then waking for milk at nite. Btw, how's little Ethan? Started teething already?

mummies

do you all give biscuits for your babies to chew on so that can relief the pain of teething? wat brands to get?

charismama: thanks i will try it
happy.gif

charismama: Byron is exactly the same! He will use his legs to climb from my stomach to my chest. And its super painful coz he uses ALL his strength that his little body can muster! hahaha.

Byron actually takes quite little milk now, I latch him direct all the way now coz i cannot pump anything out, and I only feed him cereal once a day (4 tspn). He is 9.3kg now. i suppose its still ok?

hi,

for those using samsung omania i900,can we skype to make free overseas call via wireless internet at home or wirelessSG outside?can we use msn webmessenger via the hp also?

Cheesycake,

Ethan is doing very well, thanks for asking!
happy.gif

He's already got quite a few teeth so there's no more teething pain since he's quite used to it by now I think.
He's got cute lil rat teeth as my mom calls it haha.. the only thing is I gotta be careful not to let him get hold of my hands otherwise he'll give them a good bite now :p

Chevelle is a very pretty name for a very pretty girl I'm sure
happy.gif

Sometimes Ethan prefers sleep to milk too.. Kids and their whims!

Scubababe,

Last time I checked, Ethan was almost 9kg. I'm gonna weigh him again when he wakes up.
Byron's definitely doing fine since he's not drinking much but still growing well!
happy.gif

Keep it up momma!

cheesycake,

my son also very skinny. I hear or see other babies fat fat I really envy. he's little above 6kg only. my pd say he's a small baby at birth so it's fine. as long as double his birth weight at 6 months can already.

they happy, eat well and healthy ok already la. maybe they just cannot be fat. feeding him is so stressful.

Jules mum
my boy is heavy but can't move on the mat LOL so I envy that yours can creep around already. babies never fail to give us something to worry about!

Size of babies

think its got to do with genes ba. my gal weigh 2.3kg at birth. now she weighs around 8kg. cos when i was young, i was chubby. think she kena my 'fats' :-( hope she will not grow up fat.

Simp,

I dont use so much water le. I dont measure the spoon of water. I just add and mix it to the texture i want le.
Today i gave him 10 tablespoon and 3 teaspoons of pear puree and he finished up. Dunno why he is taking so much but guess should be ok i hope

simp, you bought The Dream Bag at BP for how much ah? I've a seller quote me $45, $46 and $48 for Little Flower, Jungle Friends and Animal Parade respectively. For size 18-36 months 0.5 tog.

I've bought one Little Flower from her already, super cute! And I let Adel wear it at night even though she's already in footed PJs. I used to cover her with a blanket but she keeps kicking it off or chewing on it. Even though I set my aircon to 25 degrees and lowest fan setting sometimes it's still cold leh.

Mummies, i jus bought the silver fish...the seller said dnt need to soak and i tried its not really salty.
Any idea?
1874498.jpg

cherish
the bib is so pretty. cant wait to come back sg to check them out
happy.gif

Lynn
Yah i think abt that kind of price. I got the little flower or the butterfly and sold away at a loss bn. Haiz. The bag is really big. That time i bgt the 6m, 0.5tog. Pretty but my ger dun think can take it as she is scared of heat. Maybe she has her reserve bah so cannt tahan heat. Hb n i slp w blanket on though normal bermuda and tee not on pj like my ger. In fact that time she keep having nite mares that pd suggested lower or higher the aircon by 1 degree. We lower to 25 from 26 degree and less mares for her. So funny rt kekekek

cherishbebe, I have the same bib! so cute hor.. I counted I have like 6 of these bibs but they're so useful in catching the drool (plus it looks so cool).

my girl doesn't climb up me. but when i lie down with her sitting on top of my tummy she'll insist of standing up and 'walking' over to my neck! and then i'll choke and cough and she'll find it super funny!

today tried giving my girl cereal again (gotta start over again at 1 tablespoon of cereal), same thing she took the first couple of mouths before grabbing the spoon. then scream and cry if i refuse to give it to her. end up she won the battle. i fill up the spoon, hold it in front of her and allow her to grab the spoon while i guide it towards her mouth. then she'll eat. hiaz..

but got improvement today. yesterday she shoved the spoon into her mouth and held it there so can't eat properly. even held it tightly there that i can't pull it out. today she let me pull out the spoon. and towards the end she will pull the spoon out of her mouth. mealtimes are so boring for her she must find something to do??

just brought her for her jab and told my PD about this. she says a bit too early to start self-feeding. but since she insists just play by ear. this whole feeding thing is very baby-lead for me. mummy has got no power
sad.gif

yvonne: my girl's birth weight was 2.35kg. ur bb has gained so much weight...

Jules' Mum: same here my girl also very skinny. but she has double her weight by 6 mths also. now 7 mths+ still below 6kg...

Cheesycake

yup she put on alot of weight. maybe bcos she is not choosy. she will just eat or drink watever is given. The only thing tat she sometimes reject is EBM. sad sad men. try so hard to bring pump to office to pump for her but she dun like. think will be stopping soon liao. supply is dipping liao

cherishbebe..
dont mention, i also received the bibs.. yr girl so cute with the cherry bib..
my hubby says my boy look like girl girl when wearing the 'tangy treats'. wear for a while only cos my boy cant stop licking lor.. sigh, wil try to take a pic tonight :p!

Re: weight
bring my boy to pd this morning cos running nose for a few days. sigh, only 7.9kg, a bit of increase only from last month. he is born quite big (3.6kg) but his weight increase really slow. as he is also not drinking lots of milk. PD says at least 500 to 600 ml is ok..

also confirm his anus got tear due to the hard stool and poo poo many times, given medication to apply
sad.gif

Back