(2008/03) March 2008

So many nice food!

jerejoy
come back for x'mas!!!

Petrina
D&D wrong date! ask them change! :p my d&d is on 8th december kekee.. next week.. 1st prize laptop and 2nd prize full dvd cinema theatre system with LCD screen.. i so excited! hope they call my name lol!

babypink,

I will hv a tissue by my side when u uploaded the pics. haha!

Adeline,

I wish to but I will miss my dog. Hope to see u all nx yr with our babies ard.

Christmas Potluck 21st Dec Friday
Venue: kais place in Bishan
Time: 6pm

1)kais & hubby - Roast Chicken, Shepherd's Pie
2) babypink & hubby - Spring Rolls, Bee Hoon
3) Adeline & Hubby & Kimberly - Drinks!
4) abcdisney n gal - fruits
5) clover & hubb - double cheese baked pasta
6) babyde - ice cream or desserts any suggestion? will reach at 630pm
7)katechow - lemper( indo style baked glutinues rice with chicken shields wrap in banana leaves)
8)mummynorman, #1 and #2, maid - almond jelly, agar agar
9)Babe Dude - Ginko Barley with Chestnut Dessert OR Black Glutinous Rice Dessert with Coconut OR Redbean with Black Glutinuous Rice.

Sum Total : 14 adults and 4 kids!!

Hi Mummies! How are things with you? I didn't have time to login for a long time since my holidays 3 weeks ago as I'm now an official SAHM with 2 kids. Needs to wash and cook, simply too much to handle. Lucky for me today, kids are at inlaws place so I can take a short break :p

baby Dude

Sorry, would appreciate if we do not have any sweet dessert. I'm afraid of sticky mess. Sorry about it.

7)katechow - gado gado ( indo style of salad)
9)Babe Dude - Ginko Barley with Chestnut Dessert OR Black Glutinous Rice Dessert with Coconut OR Redbean with Black Glutinuous Rice.

Still need someone to make some western salad..,,

10)aly & hubby - honey baked ham

<font color="aa00aa">Christmas Potluck 21st Dec Friday

6) babyde - fruits (reach at 630pm)
7)katechow - lemper( indo style baked glutinues rice with chicken shields wrap in banana leaves)

btw kais, i bring the whole fruits then ur maid cut it lah.
what u ladies like? maybe i bring dragon fruit, guava, grapes and stawberries. hee...

linda,
i also cant sleep this few days...feel so sleeply. ZZzzz.........</font>

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_3500/travel_site_101371/allviews/

6) babyde - fruits too
9)Babe Dude - can make salad?

The next one on the list can bring paper plates, fork & spoon ?

<font color="aa00aa">abc,
let me know what fruits u bringing, coz dun wana bring the same one...or u bring 2 types i also 2 types diff one?</font>

<font color="119911">Christmas Potluck 21st Dec Friday</font>

6) babyde - disposable cultery? will reach at 630pm
9)Babe Dude - salad ?

<font color="119911">Total headcount = 15 adults, 4 kids :</font>

<font color="0000ff">kais</font> - u mean babyDe bring cutlery rite ?
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">babyDe</font> - a suggestion, wat say u ?
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">aly's</font> honey baked ham sound delicious, change to cultery like very wasted ! :p

PS: poor jerejoy :p pls have more tissues on standby ;)

Actually.. drinks do u ladies prefer plain water? cause we cant drink much soft drinks. if yes, then maybe i only get a bit soft drinks and the rest cultery. i am fine with any. just let me know since i really CANT cook!

Adeline

That's great. Yup, i've no objection to no soft drinks. Very unhealthy as it's full of sugar.
happy.gif

Let's hv another shot at the list again:
Venue: kais place in Bishan (221 Bishan St 23 #11-179)

3) Adeline & Hubby & Kimberly - Cutlery & some drinks
6) babyde - Fruits.
9)Babe Dude - salad ?

hmmm, i was just thinking that we need some kid-friendly food for the gathering. not sure if the selection is ok for kids.

bbpink, not bringing yr girl along?
happy.gif

clover

hehe, see how lah..i dun noe if hubby can take leave and drive me & kelicia there..cos he usu can't leave on the dot

if not, he will go straight fr work to kais' hse and i will take public transport there myself

PS: looks very yummy ur baked pasta
happy.gif

jialat, my colleagues comment that i look like i am about to deliver since early this week

i am decided to start charting..is this food intake excessive?

<table border=1><tr><td>Date</TD><TD>Bfast</TD><TD>Lunch</TD><TD>Dinner</TD><TD>snacks </TD></TR><TR><TD>26-Nov</TD><TD>1 corn bread, milo, milk, curry puff, hot dog bun</TD><TD>Tom yam Noodles, pancake</TD><TD>Sambal Long beans with tau kwa, cheesy brocoli, sweet sour fish, rice</TD><TD>"1 tapioca chips,1 corn bread, 3 oranges,2 bananas. Passion Fruit </TD></TR><TR><TD>" </TD></TR><TR><TD>27-Nov</TD><TD>2 kit kat, 1 corn bread, 2 milk, 1 mocha</TD><TD>Laksa, 1 nutella, 1 chng Tng</TD><TD>Not Yet</TD><TD>2 corn bread, 1 box of cookies </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

ok set... i'll get fruit juice and cutlery! the hard job of cooking will leave it to u ladies hehee.. i go eat... :p
For kids food, i am fine with anything.. my girl can just stick to her milk!

Babypink,

Your food intake seems ok to me.

This is what I'm having today (not much different from other days):

Breakfast (7am): 2 slices of wholemeal bread with olive oil butter & 1 bowl of muesli with full fat fresh milk
happy.gif

Morning tea (9.30am): 1 Alpen cereal bar

Lunch (12pm): Yong Tau Foo (8 pcs), 1 slice of papaya

Afternoon tea (3.30pm): 5 mini oranges, 1 cup of yoghurt & 1 chocolate roll

Dinner (7.30pm): (Planning to have) Rice with stewed chicken, potatoes and carrots. Fruits - Half a mango, half an orange. (Fruits share with hubby so half each)

babypink: mine...

Mon
Breaky - 2slices bread wif nutella, leftover old chang kee's 1 sotong stick & 1 crabclaw stick
Lunch - Small parts of leftover chicken
Dinner - Nil
Supper - 1pkt instant kway chap soup
Drinks - throughout the day, plain water or longan water

Tue
Breaky - Nil
Lunch - leftover chicken thigh part n drumstick
Snacks - 3 sticks of Dove Amicelli, 2pcs digestive choco biscuit, 1 handful of grapes
Drinks - throughout the day, plain water or longan water

Looks like alot also??

My meals

Mon
Bfst: A cup of milk with cereal and a slice of multi grain bread
Snack: 1 cereal bar
Lunch: Briyani mutton :p
Tea: 1 prata kosong, 1 egg prata n teh cino
Dinner: Baked rice with grilled fish (which i couldn't finish)

Tue
Bfst: A cup of milk with cereal and 2 slices of multi grain bread
Snack: 1/2 cup of plain yogurt with mixed nuts
Lunch: Rice with stir-fry vege/chicken and braised belly pork (i cooked these first time and proud of my culinary achievement)
happy.gif

Tea: Nil

Dun think my intake is a lot. My biggest meal of the day tend to be lunch. I find that I can't have a heavy tea and have dinner in 2, 3 hours.

clover..
ur tues meal is healthy.. i can never do that! haha..

you all so healthy!
i'm taking Mac, KFC, pizza... -_- today ate popiah and beancurd with longan + 2 pancake..!

Blue_skies

urs look like a good example for me to follow
happy.gif

Petrina

looks very little in fact..u skip certain mealtime ?
happy.gif

Clover

Monday sound very attractive, esp the brynani and the pratas

the baked rice did u cook urself..how u make ;)

lunchtime u normally cook for how many..sound like hard work..

ur snacks r healthy
happy.gif

Hi Petrina

hehe, no wonder..tat's y end up ur intake looks too little

u r a fan of nutella ?
happy.gif

i m, i bot the a dozen packaging kind fr a shop late last week ..today gone liao..din buy bottle kind of nutella

adeline/babypink, i try to eat healthier for bb's sake lah.

adeline, i shop for healthy snacks when i do my grocery shopping. its a good thing that i dun feel like eating fast food. of coz once in a while, i wld indulge myself, like potato chips.

bbpink, i cook for myself lor, but the portion is enough for 2 small eaters. haha. i cook abt 3 times each week. last weekend i cooked steak for my hubby.

i had the baked rice at eighteen chefs, simei east point mall. i think its easy to make tho. butter rice, cooked meat/seafood, white sauce and lotsa cheese.

btw, hard to find good prata and briyani. my fave prata is at Tohirah @ Jalan Kayu. Their prata is cooked with olive oil (or so they claim). one day we must go and try together.
happy.gif

wow

all yr food so healthy...i am beinnging to feel guilty =/..jus ate my old chang kee fish ball and carrot cake...=/..

Update on JL Expo Sale

hmmm...find that there's not much variety for bb's stuff...cant even find pigeon disposable nursing pads...though there's the lucky baby brand...3 boxes (24pcs/box) for $10 (didn't get cos dunno good or not..) what i gotten for bb was only a toy(a row of 3 soft toy-typed rattlers to be attached to the front bar of the pram) and a milk powder container...

but there's some mummy stuff though - got some nursing bras at $8 each and a pair of vincci slippers....

oh...and they are selling plenty of snacks...kekeke...

aly
i didn't ask if there's additional discount for robinsons card holder but i paid using it so i assume i'm entitled to the overall 5% discount when they send me the bill.....

anyone knows any baby fairs coming up??
happy.gif

babypink: i super big fan of nutella... my hb always say i use bread to match nutella. n not nutella to match bread... haha
I need to buy big bottle. cheaper... my consumption is high. compared to normal ppl....

babypink: actually i love anything tats choco sauce... ice cream i need to put fudge sauce... cornetto i'll buy the royale collection type...
I also love hazenut taste... so i eat the dove amicelli n kinda bueno lots...
I have to control so i only shop for those items once a wk. buy my supply. finish liao cannot stock up. only allow myself tat portion per wk...

<font color="0000ff">clover</font>

hehe, u sound like a food lover too..

jalan kayu sound far :p i noe they are famous for roti prata, but the one using olive oil is my 1st time hearing..is the taste qually good as the unhealthy prata
*and reminds me of the yummy durian prata i had this sun, but fr bt timah)

after u cook, do u have to clean up as well ? i always think cooking is quite fun , but the amt of bowls and plates utilised ( when i cook) and which need to be washed is massive..

<font color="0000ff">Petrina</font>

actually, i should switch to bottle kind..more economical as well..the box kind if must use with bread i use a box per slice..

but i prefer to eat it on its own for nutella
happy.gif

tat's y maybe i m hesistating to buy bottle kind..scare it will be gone fast

PS: i am a choco lover myself ! my fav is almond roca, the pink packaging kind, think only cold storage carries..but kit kat, van houten, ferrero, dove, smarties, mars, snickers, bueno also can
happy.gif
recently i taste this box of mint choco which is shaped like ricola sweet packaging..very nice too

i was just telling hb this morn tat when i was young, dad used to buy kit kat by the cartons..i eat until i got high fever, bad headache and sorethroat..i feel so lousy tat i swear to stay off kit kat for life..

OF COS i din keep my promise :p

bbpink, yeap! i love to go around and try food. yeah, i find the olive oil prata good thats why i have it frequently.

no maid! so of coz i wash up lah.

oh yah, <font color="0000ff">clover</font>, Rice Table is nice..i saw in ur blog

maybe for jan 2008 gathering , we gals can organise a dinner there
happy.gif

PS: Rice Table is not abt rice..they got a lot of nice dishes which we can eat on its own..not too spicy for those who dun like hot food..think less than $14 per head
happy.gif

Lunch more worth than dinner, maybe we go on a public holiday or weekend lunch

Suntec branch closed down liao..but nevermind

Cuppage one also better..food review said tat branch is the best

http://www.ricetable.com.sg/

wah... babypink... havent dec... u already thinking abt jan...
I think we every mth also can have gathering... except mar n apr 08...

hehe, <font color="0000ff">clover</font>..u r rite..tat's y i think lunch more worth it..

i just called and checked
happy.gif
public hols, weekend lunch all $13.80

Petrina

if feb gathering must early feb
happy.gif
think some due in early march will deliver in feb too

hehe..i saw clover's blog and really tempt my taste buds liao for rice table..i went to suntec one b4 it closed down

ok, i will start posting the jan gathering after dec 21st :p

with the rising groceries and marketing rates, i just propose to hb to double my current allowance after march 2008, since 2 babies also mah

i think he is going to get Postnatal Depression

haha, babypink... tell u hor... my hb already kenna Post Natal Depression b4 the birth of our son...
Men tend to think further faster...

<font color="aa00aa">babypink,
i will be bring fruits during potluck.

i went to rice table rest once, their food v nice n many are spicy....hee....i like. keke...</font>

Back