(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

lezy,
ruth looks v slim built leh =) so i think really heavy bones.

arielle is lighter, but has a fat and chubby face so appears much fatter. my hubby likes to call her "ah pwee"

artemis
hope i'm not too late. tempted to get the sunglasses too. my order as follows:

Item #1: striped sunglasses
Size: 4-7
Color: hint
Price: 1.99
URL: http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=446191&langId=-1&exp=n&catTree=27151,27690,27812&clearance=0
If OOS: Drop

Item #2: sporty sunglasses
Size: 0-2
Colour: army camo
Price: $1.99
URL: http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=457644&langId=-1&exp=n&catTree=24651,24704,24902,24916&clearance=0
If OOS: Drop

USD Total : 1.99 + 1.99 = 3.98
SGD Total : 3.98 x 1.4 = 5.57

will trf the $ once i hear from you. tks.

Gar, any recent photos of 'ah pui' arielle? ;)RaeAnne was still 6.8kg when we weighed her at her 5mths. Not sure about her height though, long time never measure. :p

kirsten
it could be a sign of teething. any redness on the cheek?
if you are worried, better bring bb to see doc to determine if there's ear infection 'cos like what you described, the ear area is uncomfy.

anyone wants Pampers NIGHT L size?
i got 2 packs to let go. 1 is BN unopened, another 1 only used 4pcs. 56pcs in a pack.

letting go at only $32

PM me if keen

dear sunny
Thanks for replying. He only like to scratch his inner ear. I dont think is ear infection because he is active and playful. I dont see any redness on the cheek

For mummies that bring baby to hwa xia for a swim, what did you let your baby wear or go naked? Isnt it cold if we let them go naked. I scared baby might catch a cold there. Is the indoor enviroment aircon or

Hi lezy, jeannie,

No problem.

Hi kirsten,

According to BW books, feeding at night actually encourages the baby to wake up and also affects their day feeds which I think you are experiencing. You may want to try not feeding him when he wakes up in the night but increasing his feeds in the day. I know it is tempting to latch on at night when he wakes cause he sleeps so fast after latch on. :p I can identify with this. But you have to be persistent or this habit will be formed and harder to break later and you would be more exhausted.

Hi leila, Stephie,

Noted your orders.

Hi goodbbb,

Please transfer to POSB Savings account: 109-37121-1. Do indicate your nick.
happy.gif

Hi crystal,

Received your payment.
happy.gif

RE : Children's Place Spree

Anyone else? If not, I order already.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
The Children's Place Spree 2 July 2008
ChildrensPlace Spree 20080702.doc (43.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

RE : BP on flashcards

Thankful only left you. Is your order confirmed?

kirsten, i believe 4-6mths...some babies experience teething as a difficult time. I'm also prepared to have Ruth 'thrash around' nowadays. I can feel her teeth coming out liao (especially when she's almost falling asleep at the nipple and just CHOW down on it-i'll jump slightly). She also drinks abit less now - though she has always been doing 3oz every 2-3hours. Last time she finish very fast, nowadays she will eat n play..sometimes dun finish the last 20-30ml.

Daytime my mum (caregiver) says she hardly sleeps long. usually 15-30min then wake up liao.

I think babies will keep changing here and there...i'm generally not very alarmed at her changes cuz well, adults also have 'phases'/good or bad days etc, babies are human too. They also hve bad hair days mah. :p My Ruth even has 'temper' periods - she dun wanna smile means dun wanna smile. Will just sulk. That's the only thing we're trying to correct that since it may be quite detrimental to her outlook on life if she always sulking. So when she sulk, we try to cheer her up and tell her dun be like that etc.

sunny..i don't see any redness..but i definitely feel the 'bite' - especially when i put part of my finger for her to 'chew' (she loves it cuz she can bite hard without fearing pain as opposed to when she bites her own finger).

Gar,
ya...Ruth isn't really bloated at all...but somehow already past the 7kg mark. I figure she will be quite 'big built' in future cuz i'm quite erm bigger than average myself and my hubby very tall.

i do hope she takes after my hubby's makan genes - eat n eat dun grow fat type, plus also his health genes - no bodyaches type. Rather than me...have to work very hard to keep fit...and always have many different bodyaches.

Sigh. anyone back to pre-preg weight? those who have slim down PAST pre-preg weight not counted arh.

me...sibei sian...still cannot wear pre-preg clothes. argh.

Lezy,
I think my girl is the true monster leh... at 4th month, she's 7.9kg and 63cm...

Artemis,
My order is correct. Will treansfer to you tonight. Thanks a lot!

bb flipping,
My girl has learnt how to flip from back to front, but she still dunno how to flip back... how long will they take to learn flipping back and anyway we can teach them?

pre-preg weight,
I drafted my slimming plan a month ago but can't wake up every morning to exercise... I think I hopeless liao... I can wake up to do some stretching exercise and then fall asleep there... :p

kirsten
i read that digging ear can be a sign of ear infection. but, last time my gal also liked to dig her ear. when we checked with the PD, she said it's due to dryness and asked us not to worry.
happy.gif

lezy
i can wear back almost all pre-pregnancy clothes liao. some tops can fit 'cos my shoulder seems broader... and of course 'cos of the bust area.... some tops still can't fit. will have to wait after i stop bf...

snowbelle
i think we can guide them to flip back. but not so much on teaching them. i will wait for my boy to learn flipping by his own 'cos we are not sleeping with him in the same room, i worried that if he can't flip back at night, it would be dangerous. so, i leave it to him to explore. :p

RE : The Children's Place Spree

If no more orders and orders are confirmed, I will be placing orders at 12 noon.
mime_msexcel.gif
TheChildrensPlace Spree 20080702.xls (49.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Changed to Excel cause find it hard to read in Word. :p

Artemis

I understand what you say. But if i dun let him latch he will cry. Because he feed very little during the day that why i gave in during the night. Actually he was not like that in the past, he only wake up once. I suspect he is growing through so changes.

Sunny
My baby didnt dig his ear jus scratch the outer ear only. could this be dryness as what yr pd say

Lezy

So how much does ruth drink in a day. Sometimes mine only drink 3 oz in 4hrs as compared to the past 5-6oz. I see him biting his teether quite strongly.

I also havent lost my weight. so sad. Thought they say breastfeeding lose weight quite fast. haiz or it depends on people.

Artemis
oops, sorry, short pay you $0.01 cos i calculated based on total USD. will trf $0.01 to you after lunch. tks.

crystal

is there people there to look after the baby? or the staff will leave after putting the baby to the pool. Thanks

Snowbelle

Wow your baby is 7.9kg so good. so how you feed her? care to share

kirsten,

think ruth drinks about 5 FM feeds of 90ml (3oz) a day. That makes about 450ml IF she finishes.

(10am, 12pm, 4/5pm, 6/7pm, 9/10pm - estimated timing - changes all the time actually.)

I latch her on about 3 times a day - but i dunno how much is my supply. Maybe about 60-70ml perhaps cuz she finishes within 5-10minutes. And 5-10 minutes normally includes "PLAYING" - whereby she will stop and smile/chuckle at me.

[latch 6am (1 side), 7am (1 side), 1/2pm (1/2sides), 10/11pm (2 sides) ]

So i guess 450ml + 180ml = 630ml a day?

Nowadays she also takes water especially if very hot weather. Occasionally also giving her some HEINZ jarred fruity stuff and teething biscuit.

Very fun to watch her eat. heh.

RE : The Children's Place Spree

Order placed. Unfortunately, some items are OOS:
- dressy ruffle coat (http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&amp;storeId=10001&amp;productId=450423&amp;langId=-1&amp;exp=n&amp;catTree=25851,26140,25913&amp;clearance=C)
- striped sunglasses (http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&amp;storeId=10001&amp;productId=446191&amp;langId=-1&amp;exp=n&amp;catTree=27151,27690,27812&amp;clearance=0)

Stephie and Isobellies, please email me at [email protected] your account number for refund.
mime_zip.gif
TheChildrensPlace Spree 20080702.zip (6.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hi, Kirsten
Maybe teat size is small?

Hi, Lezy
My baby only takes 210ml total(120ml at 12pm + 90ml at 3pm) when I am not around from 8:30am to 6:30pm. I latch-on 5am, 8am, 7pm, 9pm. Guess my gal get around 500ml from latch-on.

But at weekend, she demands latch-on every 2 hour. (I want to maintain milk supply also). Still trial&amp; error to see why she takes so little ebm nowadays. Last month she can take 130ml*3 feeds.

Iang/Kirsten

My girl had the same problems as you are both experiencing now. She was feeding very little, less than 3 oz each feed and worse, was breaking up her feeds into 2 or 3 feeds. she will get distracted or simply refuse to drink or needs to be entertained. As a result of not taking much milk in the day, I found that she woke up many times at night for milk. It also coincided with her growth spurt. She would lift her legs and thump hard on the mattress and then pull at her ears. I didn't know what was wrong so I just fed her at night but it encouraged her to wake up many times to feed.

So in the end, I adjusted her schedule from 3 hr to 4 hr feeding intervals (I follow the BW routine). It's very hard at first cos she will feed little bit and then 2-3 hrs later cry for milk but my caregivers simply persist and refuse to feed her. They will drag her to 3.5 hrs and slowly to 4 hrs. By the time it's 4 hrs, she is so hungry she will finish the whole bottle. This process took me 2 weeks. Now, drink milk means drink milk, no playing, no singing, no distractions. She takes 5 oz per feed, total of 4 feeds in the day and 1 dreamfeed at 11pm. Now back to waking up only once a night at 4am but I think this waking is habitual, not real hunger, so I hv to work on breaking this habit slowly.

If your bb is waking up often and at irregular times at night, it is most definitely hunger and could be growth spurt. Tank them up in the day by giving them more milk but it could be tough as they may not want to drink much. If that's the case, put them on a routine.

Lifting of legs and pulling of ears, I believe, could be due to them learning some new motor skills. Nothing to worry, it's a phase that will pass.

I oso agree with Lezy that like adults, our babies have good moods, bad moods, good days, bad days. If we as adults can't be consistent in our moods, how can they?

Artemis,

Pardon my kiasuness...but can i post my GAP n ON stuffs for ur 4th Jul orders...don't wanna miss it again...
happy.gif
got chance to shop now then i shop lor....hahaha!!!

Item #1 :Athletic mesh tank
URL : http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26210&amp;pid=561393
color :utah sky
If OSS : Drop
Size :6-12 mths
Price : US$7.99

Item #2 :Raw-edged beach graphic T
URL : http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26210&amp;pid=561134
color :eek:ff white
Size :6-12 mths
If OSS : Size :12-18 mths
Price :US$ 6.99

Item #3 :Ringer T
URL : http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26210&amp;pid=561141
color :eek:ff white
Size :6-12mths
If OSS : 12-18 mths
Price : US$6.99

Item #4:Vintage leather double-pronged belt
URL : http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=26294&amp;pid=553036
color :brown
Size :34W
Price : US$6.99

Total no. of items :4
Total in US$ : 28.96
Total in S$:1.4*28.96 = 40.54

Thks so much!!!

hi

my bb also taking very little bm through out the daytime while i was at work (recently become SAHM). i was sick worried and brought her to see PD last fri. OMG she only put on 100g for past 2 week .(PD told me that they should put on ard 500g monthly) faintzz ... i guess she dun like bottle feeding.

so now i fully latching her and no more bottle feedoing but i feel very tired and cant spend much time for my no.1.

has any mummies experienced the same ?

feeding baby other stuff...

i know many of u prefer to stay till 6months then feed her 'solids'.

we just cannot tahan la!! cuz every mealtime, she will look at all of us putting things into our mouth. and she will like....lunge forward and look excited. so we feel as if we're leaving her out.

(we = me, hubby, and my parents).

Artemis, so i left with only one item? So i transfer you <u>4.99 * 1.4 = 6.99 </u> in awhile.

Artemis, you using UOB card?

Now UOB got 12% off SHIPPING CHARGES at Vpost.

Exclusively for UOB Credit Cardmembers!
Enjoy one-time usage 12% OFF vPOSTUSA / vPOSTJAPAN shipping charges.

Here’s how to enjoy your discount
Step 1 : Shop at any US or Japan websites and ship
to our vPOSTUSA / vPOSTJAPAN address.

Step 2 : Charge your vPOSTUSA / vPOSTJAPAN
shipping charges to your UOB Credit Card.
Enter PROMO CODE: 083TN39

Step 3 : Receive your items in Singapore!

Promotion ends : 31 August 2008

Terms and Conditions:
- To enjoy a 12% discount on your vPOSTUSA bill, enter promo code 083TN39 when paying for your shipping charges.
- The discount is applicable only for vPOSTUSA shipping service, no minimum amount required.
- The discount is applicable only for payments made via UOB cards.
- This promo code is valid for one-time usage, from 1 July 2008 to 31 August 2008.

sunny,
My girl also sleeping in her own room, so sometime can hear her neh-neh in the middle of the night... coz she can't flip back and no strength liao... just hope she can learn how to flip back soon.

kirsten,
I think my girl so heavy coz she don't like to move much... not so active so didn't burn the fat... she's on formula... drinking 6oz per feed every 3 hrs... she sleeps a lot at night... she can sleep from 7+/8pm to next day 7pm... sleep a lot like her mom... that's why put on so much weight. :p

Hi, mummies,
i am new to this group, i have 3 kids, who born on April 2004, May 2006 and February 2008. Hope can get new friends here...cos i may need lots of sharing from you guys..

Regards,
Athena

Add Your Message Here

kirsten:
could be teething time?

i used to wake up and try to feed by bb @ night when he thrash abt in the play pen (he is not really awake).. lifting his legs and slamming down again. hands scratching his face and ears also. when i latc hhim on, he will suckle for less than 5 min and zzz again. gradually i realised that if i leave him alone, he will evenutally stop.

perhaps u can feel ur bb's gums when u are cleaning her mouth. see if there's any bumps @ the gums. but then teething period maybe a long one.. so u might not feel the bumps yet
happy.gif

anyway, some mummies here also exp bb reducing their milk intake. i check w dr, he says its ok as long as bb is gaining weight steadily over a period.

kitsune,
here's a shot of my ah pui =) arielle is not heavy, 6.6kg at 4.5mths but she sure looks v chubby haha...this pic is her in her "baby gorilla" pose

1527380.jpg

garfield
arielle's cheeks are so chubby! feel like pinching them ;P

ur hubby v cute. call his daughter ah pwee.

belle_mommy/athena
welcome to the thread.
happy.gif

snowbelle
ur gal drinks and sleeps well. so envious, can sleep for 12hrs at one go. mine still waking up at nite (sometimes 2/3 times
sad.gif
). think i 'spoilt' him cos i usu latch him when he ngek ngek at nite. must learn from experts here not to latch him at nite so that he'll tank up during the day.

leila
4 july got super sale huh? sigh, the item i wan always OOS. *angry*

artemis
my posb savings a/c number is 135-00486-3. i also hv bal with you from gap spree cos 1 item is OOS. Let u decide which way is easier for you - (i) to refund me and charge shipping charges later or (ii) use both bal from gap and children place sprees to offset shipping charges. am fine with either way. tks.

lezy

actually i dont want baby to be heavy, just scared they are underweight only. I think average size would be the best for them.

jass1408
U are saying i should not feed him in the night is it?I try to pat him to sleep but he dont want keep crying then i bo bian let him latch then he keep quiet.I guess is teething problem that why he keep waking up. thanks for your advices shared.

bkgal
My baby was not like that before. In the past feedinh interval was 3 to 4hr except now dun feel like drinking and some feed can drag to few hr then completed. As a result, it wastes my milk. heart pain man throw away so much milk. i think now i will wait till he hungry then give him milk.

lezy:
i'm still fat... sob sob sob. even gained 3 kg. how how?? 10 kg to go now... can't go on diet also leh. no time to exercise leh. plus... 2 sat back i slip and fall on a puddle of OIL @ shopping centre! super suay! my tail bone pain pain.. dun dare to exercise

thanks for the compliments =) chubby hor...i oso dunno why cos she's not that heavy. when i bathe her, she has four folds of fat on her upper torso machum michelin mascot. i wanna take pic of that too!!

arielle can't really sit up by herself unsupported. if you notice in the picture, she's supporting herself by leaning her weight on her hands (and hence we call this the baby gorilla pose).

Hi jass1408,

Refunded to your account:
To Account DBS Savings Plus
020-4-058182 Jass1408 SMH
Amount S$15.64
Transaction Reference 1781913070

Hi Stephie,

Refunded to your account:
To Account POSB Savings
135-00486-3 Stephie SMH
Amount S$12.84
Transaction Reference 1781918813

Hi Berry, Isobellies,

You want me to refund you or wait for shipping?

:p I did not notice that the amount wrong.

RE : Spree Updates
mime_msexcel.gif
Gap/OldNavy Spree 30 June 2008
GapOldNavy Spree 20080630.xls (29.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>
attachment_icon.gif
TheChildrensPlace Spree 20080702.xls (49.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Back