(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

good morning mummies
happy.gif

mylvera, start to count down so early har? got somethin on after wrk?

pixie,

i will wait for the HOPE relief cream from yr sis & will collect both stuff from u altogether from JE ok? Thanks!
happy.gif

good morning mummies !!!

ytday my maid went for her 6mthly check up and the doc found out tat she has hard lump on her pelvis area so ask to send for scan. So last nite I brot her to my gynae for a scan and shows tat she has a few fibroids which no need to be alarm. But besides that she has a 8cm big cyst in her left ovary.... SIGH.....

Gynae say better cut it out and hv to test whether cancerous or not.
sad.gif

I have actually booked her to go back in June for 2 weeks and I have also informed my boss that I will be taking leave during that period. But now seems like she needs more rest after her operation back in Philippines... Recovery period for such op should be around 3-4 wks rite ? I really duno what to do now... very fan now leh.

Chaye, can ask agency to send a replacement maid in that two weeks? U train first if Worse come to worse if old maid doesn't come back in time then u switch maid lor.

Steph hope cream doesn't help for me. Tried to apply when preggie but still itchy. Only steroid cream works. :p

pixie

additional info :-

gynae says normal op is $5k if found to be cancerous cell got to remove womb uterus tubes, everything inside will cost around 8-9k wor. Insurance doesnt cover these...

so immediately he advise her to op in Phil. Hubby suggested giving her a small token for her op in Phil which I am ok rather than paying $5-10k for it to be done here.

My concern now is whether can she come back in time to work. How's her recovery period as each individual's rate of recovery is diff. Who is going to take care of my kids !!!

pauline

I took over this maid from my sister and she has been with the family for 14 yrs le. I will have to get a new maid directly from agency but not replacement wor. But I worry how safe can I leave she alone home with my 2 kids after I train her for 2 wks lor...

aiyo a lot of thoughts running in my mind now

Chaye,
As what I know, assuming if it's a cancer (**choy, choy, touch wood**), it depends of which grade of cancer it is, if it's a higher (advance) cancer, then may need to do chemo/take drug/other therapy also, which can be a very long process and the patient will be very weak. The surgery alone maybe will take 2-4 weeks to recover, by avoiding lifting heavy stuff and rest properly etc.

kam

u r right leh.. It didnt cross my mind that if it's really cancerous she cant even come back to work hor. aiyo lagi headache !

kitsune,
u apply HOPE cream to where? yr tummy? i order for R, wanna try it on him as he got mild eczema...his ankle, behind his ears all red dry patches & now weather so hot makes it worse
sad.gif
Hope the cream can help loh.

Morning, mummies!

Chaye,
What a headache! Yes, I think Kam is right too... Then if suay is cancer, have to be on long term medication which are you ready to pay as well? So looking at it, seems like changing maid is the only choice? (although like not very good but can't rely on a sick maid to look after your kids)... You are already helping to pay some medical expenses so should be ok bah...

Is there another relative who can help to come by your house 1 or 2 weeks to watch over the maid during your working hours?

<font color="ff6000">pixie,</font>
u got my sms??
eh...i ate moldy bread before leh but nothing happened to me
biggrin.gif

my hb saw little spots of mold appear on bread &amp; he call to inform me but i already chomp it down my throat!

krystle
I can only activate my mum which I hate to do cos she has osteoprosis and not walking probably and need a walking stick to move around. but no choice de she has to come.

steph !
haha my hubby ate mouldy bread b4 and nothing happened to him too

Chaye,
Why not get the gynae or a surgeon to get a biopsy of the tissue to do a proper diagnostic (I don't know how much that will cause though, or check if the insurance covers that). If it's a benign cyst, then all your worries will be gone. If it's a cancer (**choy choy, touch wood**), then you can start to plan now (get a new maid, put kids to cc, etc), which you have about 1 month time, rather than wait for her to go back to Phil and wait for the results, then everything will be very rush. That is if you really want to keep this maid and she is really of good help to your family lah. If you are already thinking of changing maid, then ya, what Krystle said is right lor, you already agree to pay part of her medical cost, which is fair enough already.

chaye,
gynae say yr maid cyst is what type of cyst?
i got ovarian cyst aka blood cyst &amp; is also 8cm big! i had a lap (key hole surgery) to remove it &amp; recovery period is less than 3days to a week.
yr elder gal in P1 already? maybe cc is another short term option till u managed to train a new maid to take over?
me lagi sian...still got pple offer their maid to me! crazy pple!

Kam, chaye,
additional info:
usually for such big cyst (anything bigger than 5cm), gynae wll strongly encourage to remove it completely, will not suggest to get a biopsy of the tissue unless the patient is of old age, not suitable to undergo opt. The gynae dun want the patient to undergo opt twice, they rather do it once &amp; for all. Furthermore if the patient is still young &amp; wanna start a family, gyna will sure recommend to remove it since is near or at the ovary...indirectly affect/harm re-productive system de.

kam
Oh can do biopsy first huh ? gynae din suggest such to me ytday ! hmph Later call and check with him.

and Steph
cyst can be removed by key hole surgery ?? wow ! I didnt know that too. Maybe back in Phil also can be done this way hor.. But I guess not many expert in doing key hole surgery yet.

Ya my gal P1 now. Sending her to after sch care is not an issue to me but it's my boy who is still on waiting list to all the 3 cc around my area. sian

chaye,
my lap opt was done in 2004 leh &amp; key hole surgery was pretty common liow. key hole is not just open/cut one hole but i had 3. some pple had max 5 holes! But recovery rate is faster &amp; healing of wound is better
happy.gif
no ugly scar.

omg really ah ! how come my gynae no suggest such key hole op de. I hope there's such op in Philippines !

Maybe I can ask her go back seek doc's advise then let me know so that I can take it from there hor.

Oh if it's cancerous (touch wood choy choy choy) and got to remove the whole womb it cannot be done by key hole right ?

chaye,
if it's cancerous (touch wood choyx3) &amp; gotta remove the whole womb, answer is NO...have to be done via traditional surgery
sad.gif
and have to depend on what stage is the cancer...if spread to other parts of the body/bones/organs then jialiat liow
sad.gif
long term treatment/chemo.

update update

Just called gynae and suprise he's free to talk to me. hehe..

Biopsy
Cannot do cos it's not on the breast or anywhere else. It's inside womb at ovary must take out then can determine.

blood cyst or tumour or not also hv to take out test then know.

Key hole surgery
cannot be done cos it's 8cm and at her age 39 it's too risky and most likely will have complication and he suspect the cyst may not be so simple given her age and not married and no kids. Usually these ppl will fall under high risk with complications.

he still suggest that she do it back in Phil to save all the trouble.

chaye,

i agree with yr gynae... to go back to Phil to do the surgery. U wun know wat's the complication of the cyst. cant be taking her in .. looking after her after her surgery.

sorry if i sound heartless. but we got no sympathy from our employers if we were to apply leave to look after maids.

chaye,
mylvera mentioned a good point, at least back in philipines, ur maid will have friends or relatives to take care of her.

RE: Vitamins to booast appetite
Anyone had any recommendation? Xavier start to get choosy with food and refuse to eat much. He had slim down quite a bit. sigh

Hi Mummies,

i am going to do a detail scan tommorrow,Gleneagles is charging 249
and Alvernia is charging 88, i have appt at both sides tommorrow but gynae say she never liase with Alvernia before. Should i go ahead with Alvernia? I really don't know how come the price difference so great. She called me again to warn me that she never saw the report from Alvernia before so don't know how it is like, isn't all the same? Gynae gave me until 1 pm to decide which one to go.

grumpus
Thanks! will go pharmacy and look ard. :D

Luv
The difference so great? Think my detail scan also $200+.. maybe u can called and ask in detail..

ehem.. too late now..have u decide.

Luvv,
Too late for you now. I checked my blog, it's only this scan I didn't record the cost :-( For my 3D scan, it's $180, so I guess the 20 weeks scan should be around this figure too. I was with TMC.

Keep us update your bb is a boy or girl!

Thanks Icy and Kam,
eh my gynae extended my dateline till tommorrow morning..even though i confirm with her that i'll go GlenE for the peace of mind, well i asked her if GlenE one consist of 3D scans, she say no. I am a bit 不干心 for the extreme difference lor.

Kam,
TMC is only charging 126 for the detailed scan but they are full for their appointments already.

luvv, when i preggie, i went eastshore for detailed scan also ard $200. i tink ESH and GEH is same group of companies, so they tend charge more?

Luvv, Kam.

I think $250 is the standard charge for detailed scan at GlenE... I was charged the same for both my deliveries... But I never did it there as my gynae does not have the facility. Instead he referred me to another gynae located in Camden Medical Centre. So I also paid $250 too.

Yes, definitely is w/o 3D... Know it is expensive lah but if that is what gynae prefers then I just go to the one he recommends... In my opinion lah, since he is the one reading the report, maybe she is more familiar with how GlenE does detailed scan... What I am afraid is that she may feel that the other hospital reports are short of something and wants you to retake again? Not that I say other hospitals's report is no good. Just that different docs have different styles, that is all...

Luvv,
Generally GlenE is quite known for its higher charges lah.. So if you want to be delivered in GlenE, got to be prepared for it loh.

Just curious, your previous gynae not in GlenE??? You changed gynae???

kystle/aqua,
i guess Parkway hospitals now standardised their charges? When i had my girl, i only paid $117 (included GST) when i did the scan at GlenE, i had a shock for the huge increase.

Kam,
just called GlenE, no 3D scans, they say the scan will takes around 1hr, so they spend more time then other hospital, could that be the reason..lolz..

Luvv,
I remembered when I did the detailed scan at TMC, it's definitely not as long as 1 hour. If the bb is cooperative, think can be done in about 30min. Only if bb is not cooperative, then have to spend more time, but still the same charge leh. To me, a detailed scan is a detailed scan. They should have a standard list of things to check for mah.

Luvv,
OIC.. maybe that is why she prefers getting GlenE report bah...

True lah, big surprise to you coz now you are paying 2x the amount... That means I also a big "carrot" loh.. being squeezed such expensive amts for 2 deliveries some more... But I am quite willing to pay lah since have coy subsidized.

usus co pay for healthcare or hospitalisation.
for maternity expenses, some big co will buy additional insurance coverage
happy.gif

Aqua,
75% of the maternity costs. Then delivery charges max can claim $2500 for natural and $3500 for c-sect. Coy also pays for healthcare and hospitalisation in full for panel docs and hospital (cap at $30K/yr/pax).

Back