2007 sahm n bf mom

Hi moms..weather alittle strange today..or maybe juz me..

Dryperbaby,
me too me too!!!I oso came menses yesterday
sad.gif

feels grouchy n hates the tummy cramp n backache
Think maybe dats why my supply went down abit.. My mood feels like the weather today,abit cloudy.Luckily hub has to bring oversea guests out for dinner so i onlyhav to cook for kids n myself..
Hmm..kids when sick can be very cranky n whinny,
we juz hav to be patience n cuddly wif them.
Is her temp. high?Keep a look out esp at nite as dats when the temp will spike to high very fast.
Last yr CNY midnite,we hav to rush my boy to TMC emergency bcos of high fever..the nurse advice us to feed paracetamol every 4hrly for nite but day can stretch 6hrly.There's this virus going round dats somewat similar to dengue but not as fatal so watch yr gal ok..take care yrself too
happy.gif

FionaO
me too had my menses after so many months after delivery n i prefered to be preg ha ha.
i felt super tired n still had to work n look after my boy.

Hi sgn,
yah dun fancy the feeling at all..i told hub this morning when he msg dat today is my blue day
sad.gif
Btw who looks after yr boy when you are working?

fiona, thank goodness my gal is alright now. it is just one day kind of fever... now she is active again as per normal. lucky now my menses is not so much, hope it will go away soon... find it rather weird having menses after so many months...

sgn, ya man, i also prefer preggy time, no menses... kekekekeke

FionaO
i bring over to bb sitter hse lor.
my mil not keen to let me have maid cos i'm staying with her.

dryperbaby
sure preggie better, everyone sayang n no need to do hse work ha ha ha.

Fiona, Dryperbaby, sgn,

Just curious, when after delivery will our menses normally come? Mine still not in sight and my boy is coming to 5 months this CNY..

sgn, alamak, you so pampered huh... so lucky...noone really sayang me lah when i preggy, i still do hse work per normal... till full term... kekekekekekke

bena, my first menses which is few days back, my boy is 8 months... so i guess yours may not come so soon bah... dun come so soon better mah... i wish mind dun come so early... i was hoping tt it will come when my boy turn 1 yr old... but too bad come alr... heheheheh

dryperbaby
1st grand child mah sure PIL kan cheong n i got history of fainted at bus interchange n market when preg.

my boy just turned 8.5 months this wk. our kids age very close huh. i was hoping my menses comes later but it came when my boy was 8 months old.

Bena
i heard ppl says as long as BF menses dun come but i think it's a myth. i think when our body get used to the BF mode our body will regulate back to our normal mansturating mode.

sgn, mine also first grandchild, noone really bothers... hahahaha, second one also same... hahahaha... i dun really mind actually... yup our boy abt the same age, ur boy born in May?

i must say tt you will not come menses for first 3 months of tbf... after tt menses can come anytime... because after 3 months bb drink less frequently so chances of having menses is higher as the months goes by... especially when u hv intro solids to bb...

Hello ladies
happy.gif

is everybody still in grumpy menses mood like me..yesterday mental block so duno wat to write or say..strange..Wat is everybody's programme during CNY?

Dryperbaby,hav you intro fish to yr son?Shop N Save got ikankurau on offer.I went there after seeing my son up the sch bus dan the auntie told me.I bought the whole tail part n only cost $7.. Dats my gal's 5days supply..CNY coming so surprise dat ikankurau still got offer.

Bena,my menses came when my gal was 8mth..
I think when you intro solid to bb n yr body dun produce dat much milk,it'll start the cycle.Sigh, hav to wear tampon again every mth..
My galfren didnt get hers til her boy pass 1 n her gal is same age as mine n she hasnt come yet.

Sgh,wah so nice..my son oso 1st grandson leh plus my hub only son...i still muz do hsewk.I think dats the plus point when stay wif inlaw..
I didnt wan to so i was very clear abt us having our own place when we get married.I juz compromise by staying close by.We are in buangkok n they are in hougang,only 10min drive away.My mil super neat n clean person so i dun think we can stand each other if live together.

Fiona
my hb is the elderest son but he prefered to stay with parents i ok cos MIL helps to wash n iron my clothes n she will made sure our meals taken care ( but her cooking sucks) hee hee i close 1 eye lor.
i also like to throw my things around but PIL dun dare to tell me off.

fiona, i haven intro fish yet, i just tried, powdered silver fish put in his porridge for his lunch today.... so far so good. really cheap huh, my gal is eating ikan kurau....

sgn, my boy born on 18 May...so ours are may babies yah... actually he came out 3 weeks earlier than edd...

wow fiona,
yah..envy u leh..having such nice neighbours. mine are all quite 'big' liao...so it's all 'aunties' neighbours, my hubby and I are the youngest i think..haha...

Fiona, Drperbaby, Sgn,
Wow all of you have your menses at 8th month. Is this coincidence or what.

This year is my son, Zac's first CNY. I think I'm more excited that him hahaha..

Hey I wanna learn from you all what kind of solid food to give Zac for a start. I'm totally clueless and dun even know what an ikan kurau or a silver fish looks like and how to choose fresh ones! Really a failure when it comes to cooking, and always very envious of mummies who can cook and do smart marketing!

Hey Bena,goodness Zac is sooooo cute!!!!
My God,dat booby n stomach..who's a bigger sucker to him,you or hub?Soon you can intro the bumbo seat to him dan he dun hav to lie down all the time
happy.gif

I spoke to our ped n BF Support Gp,if you TBF zac,dun hav to start solid too early.I intro Heinz's organic rice cereal at 6nhalf mth for lunch only.Started wif 1tsp mix wif bm..after 1wk,i slowly add organic puree carrot.I use Heinz or Carrefour jar food or i puree my own pumkin.I started charlotte on porridge(using slow cooker) when she started teething..i intro fish only after she turns 8mth..I dun use slowcooker anymore as she dun like porridge too soft n i grate or chop the veg for her.She eats the same for lunch n dinner.I put in a thermal flask to keep hot so dinner time is still warm.Dun feed so early lah,,remember their organs are not very strong so try not feed solid so early,sometimes you get allergies problem.In order to continue bf n my supply,i didnt give her dinner til she was almost 8mth.I oso give organic baby oats for morning.Aiya all this you can give later lah..you juz need rice cereal n bm for start.As for cooking,you'll learn as you go along.I was never a cook until i became a mom.Now i can even start a charcoal wif 1eye close,so all got hope.My hub oso teach me hw to choose fish n i hav alot of cookbk at hm
happy.gif
though i seldom got time to experiment.

Amy,yah..my neighbours are nice..we always enjoy our gathering makan session
happy.gif

Sgn,wah you are like the queen of the hse leh
happy.gif

mummies, ask u all here...i hv been reading abit on organic foods for bbs...whats ur opinion on tt? cos have some commments tt its good to 'expose' bb to all kinds of foods to build up their immunity. jus like the case of 'not sterilising' everything they use e.g.bowls etc...

my views are if i intro 100% organic to my bb will she hv problem in future if being exposed to non-organics? cs i dun believe in giving part organic part non-organic..tt defeats the purpose in giving organics in the first place, isnt it? or m i wrong?

Fiona,
Thanks
happy.gif
It's definitely me.

Ya, I won't intro solids till he's 6 months. So I'm giving myself 1+ month to read up and learn abt solids. Else I'm totally clueless. I've saved your advice somewhere so that I can read it in more detail
happy.gif
Btw, I wanna get a charcoal pot too
happy.gif
Inspired by you.

Hey S@l,
i do agree wif you to a certain degree...haha debate time!!!!
I give charlotte organic food when she first started out..eg,Heinz organic rice cereal,organic puree carots(jar) or other veg for about 2mth b4 i slowly intro non organic like thai rice grain which i use to make her porridge.I oso intro fish to her at 8mth bought fr supermkt.If we hav to be 100% organic dan me the mother has to eat organic too else my bm wont be hor
happy.gif
I believe in exposing but practise commonsense..

Bena,
wah so nice...glad i can be of help.Hwever do remember dat it takes practise to use charcoal ok so give up so fast ok
happy.gif
I remembered when i first started,my flame kept dying n i end up using 3 fire starter..n oso i didnt knw dat charcoal is not suppose to hav flame so mine end up wif huge fire n soup boiling n charcoal finish within 2hr..
Do you hav anybody to guide you n oso can you standby Fire Station no hehe
I put my stove near kitchen window so the smoke goes out immediately n not into the hse.B4 you start do yr hmwk n see in the morning where is yr wind direction..I cook potato carrot soup today,i juz chop everthing n throw into the pot to boil n then start charcoal.Once the coal is hot,i transfer pot over dan i close the little sliding dr n dan do my hsewk
happy.gif

s@l/fiona, i also intro organic cereal intially, after that just buy normal food lor... anyway organic so expensive, but i must say that organic carrots taste much better than non organic ones... so if you wanna intro carrot pls buy the organic ones... ur bb will love it... the rest all the same to me...

Fiona
not queen anymore after my boy had came along. now he's the little king!

Bena
wow wow wow little han bao bao. ha ha ha my boy never so cubby even he is TBF.
starting bb on solid was fun, i bought this book called 'First Food' thru SMH, it's
good cos it teach u what to give bb when bb are at different stages n what type of food to advoid.
they have lots of recipe inside too.

Hi ladies
happy.gif

Yeah...its fri!!Gals which brand of diaper are yr bb using?

dryperbaby,yah organic food are so expensive.When i was in melbourne the organic rockmelon only cost me $2..fresh fr the farm.It was so nice n sweet.I always so heartpain to buy in spore,i think its at least $5..My son had organic food for much longer time dan my gal.
The only organic food she's taking is her bb oats fr cowhead(canada).You cookfor yr daughter?

Sgn,haha you've been de-throne!!!
We the mom always becomes tranparent after
kids appear hor.Yesterday hub kana fr me,He came hm n hug n kiss kids n nothing for me.I juz told him dat im still here(roll eyeballs)Dan he felt bad..

Bena,its good to look around n find a book dat best suit you.I hav a few books too but in the begining i find it overwelming.I sometimes come across other moms selling cookbks on the WTS thread..I always go booksp to read first to b4 i decide if i want to buy.Next time you can come my place to see oso
happy.gif

Aaaaahhhh my gal wans to poo liao i gotta let her sit toilet chat later

Dryperbaby

Hi fiona,

I finally gave birth on 14 jan. Now having trouble expressing my BM. Cos keep having block ducts and the milk expressed for both sides is only 60ml! Massage lady helped me to cleared already but still come back. Each time i pumped for like 30 mins for both sides. I thought my Medala pump is no good so bought another pump - Ameda still the same amount achieved! *Sigh*

So miserable till like i going to give up. I try to express every 2 hrs also the same!!! Oh man, its so tiring.....

fiona, yes i cook for my daughter... only i did not cook for myself and hubby.... kekekekeke... lazy lah... yup man organic food in Singapore is crazily expensive lor... sometimes quite ridiculous also...

jacelyn dear, why are you pumping your bm? now supply is not much gal, you gotta latch on... pumping is really horrible at this stage... if you wanna pump, you should pump after your bb finish latching on... dun make the same mistake as my sil... but now she finally give up and let bb latch on only... which is best for her and bb...

Hiiii jacelyn!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!
I kinda guess you 'pop' since we didnt hear fr you the last couple of days
happy.gif

so....hw was yr delivery experience?Finally i can say welcome to sleep-deprive club
happy.gif

Yes my dear gal hw come you are pumping at such early stage?
I dun think its necessary to as im afraid yr nipples will sore n plus yr bb need to suckle in order to stumilate yr breast to produce.You will be very depress n tired.Go to our pass thread if you hav the time.I think we did talk about this..Pls DONT intro bottle so soon(after 4wks) ok else bb will take bottle n will reject yr breast.Dats wat happen to my fren.if you need to talk to me can pm me yr no. ok
happy.gif

meanwhile do take plenty of soup n fluid n rest.When bb eat you oso eat,when bb sleep you oso sleep.First 2wks is the toughest i think..
Demand=Supply Supply=Demand

db,Shop n Save oso got promo for Huggies Dry diaper..i use this for my gal as her thigh always kana cut wif other plastic tape..Wat about yr boy?

jacelyn,
congrats! bf is like that..dun give up yet..it's tiring and takes sometime to get milk supply established. i know it's easier said than done. I've been thru it twice now..so my experience is that really must let baby suckle at initial 2 wks and based on baby's demand the supply will kick in gradually. dun get too stressed over the 'pathetic amt'. it's not 'pathetic' anyway, 60ml is quite an achievement already.

fiona is right too- take plenty of fluids and rest well, most impt is to be 'stress free' then milk will come in.

s@l, for organic, me not into it..$$ is one factor and we learnt that there're many definitions/classifications of organic food actually and i dun think what we have in s'pore is 'truly organic' though label says so. we learnt more about organic stuff when in usa, the people there really go all way out to make sure the land, water, fertilizer are all 'organic certified'- that's 100% organic then. some mistaken that so long no pesticide, means its organic. I'm one of those goondos lor..hahaaa

Jacelyn
i was also pumping like u with 60-80mls every 3 hrs, for the 1st month. as i was lazy, i only latch bb 10mins each breast everyday till my supply enough for my boy. u got to relax then milk then will set in.

fiona
i'm using nepia n mamypoko, now toilet training bb so only use 3 piece of diaper per day.

Hey Jacelyn, this are no. for spore breastfeeding support gp=6339-3558 or you can talk to this irish LC fr TMC,margaret=9119-3502 if you need help n in doubt.

Hey amy,
i think its true about organic products in spore.I spoke to some ppl n realize they hav no clue dat organic products are more dan juz no pesticide on it.It aus,in order to get organic certification,they study the history of yr land, n apperently the materials you use on the farm eg timber pole to fence has to be of organic too.

db,sgn
im letting my boy use bumwear pull-up for noon nap,but i told him its shorts so he cant peepee in it.He goes toilet b4 he takes his nap so for the last 4days its been dry
happy.gif
Im letting my gal use to sitting on the toilet wif jr seat.When she wans to poo,she has this look on her face so i'll tell her to hang on n rush her to the toilet.Ive been pretty accurate so far.Im not so hardworking so will not add on to my workload by intro potty..sigh..son is having abit of cough n hub abit kancheong esp wif cny juz round the corner..

Fiona
i dun like pullup pants difficult to wear for my son esp he likes to turn here n there when putting diaper for him.

hi fiona,
ya lor..abt the organic stuff- the ang moh are very pro hor..they will go all way out to ensure the authencity of organic.

hi sgn, how old is your son? i agree pull up pants are difficult to use. I have problems with them with my elder girl. I used nepia pull up , find it easier to pull up then mummy poko ones.

amy
my boy is 8.5 months, oh really i have not tried the mamypoko pants yet bought sometime ago, tried huggies one not good. nepia's good? ex?

i'm not organic supportor too.

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all the advises. But i tend to have blocked ducts easily. And my boy doesn't want to latch on already as the initially days my milk kick in only on the 6 days and his demand is not enuff so i intro bottles to him. Now i only express out my milk for him.

Can someone please tell me hw to sto the milk from coming cos my breast are really red and painfi\ully. I want to stop breast feeding already. Too tired!!!i dun wan to try anymore....

Jacelyn
u got to hang in there, let ur bb help u ur engorgement prob. bb will get used to ur breast just try when it's due for feeding when he's hungry he will suck.
u have confinement lady to help u?

wow i join my confinement period just pump, eat n surf the net (SMH) hee hee.
i also ever think of giving up BF as i can't catch up with with my bb's demand just give FM when ur BM is low.

jacelyn, poor gal... must be painful and tiring for you. how come your breast is red? is there any infections? do you have fever?... dun stress yourself ok... maybe for now you just stretch hours between the pumping, your milk will slowly go off... try your best to give bm as long as you can take it... bm is best but there is always fm if you really too stressful and tired... rest well and eat your multivits + omega 3...

jacelyn, yes pls try to let ur bb latch on. i had bad engorgement when my milk came in day 3 and 2nd week had blocked ducts. tats cos milk keep increasing and pumping alone is nt enough to empty breast hence u have block ducts. actually is a 'good sign' cos it means u have lotsa milk! when i had my 1st bb, i dun hv much milk (due to ignorance) so i nvr had blocked ducts or engorgement.

my bb helped me to clear my blocked ducts as i kept latching her and 2 feeds my blocked ducts were cleared. hang in there. me too felt good and worth all the sleepless nights and broken sleep when i see my 2.5mths old darling thrive so well with my BM.

dun give up so soon. whoever told u BF is easy is definately wrong!

Hi ladies
happy.gif

juz came back fr farrer rd,brought my son to the gp.He's caught a cough n slight runny nose.Thought since hub may be flying tonite better bring hin to the doc b4 it gets worse...

Jacelyn,
you poor thing
sad.gif

I know hw painful it muz be as ive been there..
if you read my past chat,i shared my difficult bf journey wif my gal..I had blk duct 3times which got infected.I had fever n chill n bodyache etc n had to see breast surgeon at Mt E
It wasnt fun at all let alone bonding.I had a good cry wif self-pity n even thot of giving up. but after a gd cry,i decided to perserver.
In TMC if you wan to bf,they wont use bottle but cup feed.I told my neighbour to take some cup hm when discharge so bb can drink glucose water wif cup to hydrate b4 milk come in..
Try yr best n take yr multivit..its tough in the begining but it gets easier n once you get the hang of it,you'll enjoy the bonding time wif him.
Alot of cl not very encouraging n educated on bf, you'll need support team.Do call bf support gp if you need urgent help.I use to call them alot..
As wat sgn said,let bb suckle when he's really hungry dan he no choice but to take yr breast.
Bb can be train,they are very smart..
Wat i do oso is when my gal drink right side,i express the left side at the same time..if yr breast pad is green in col means you hav infection so be careful..YOU ARE NOT ALONE,we are here
happy.gif

hello moms,
wah all bz issit?
I was watchin Oprah talkshow last nite n the topic was autism...She interviewed this hollywood actress as her son was diagnose wif autism.The struggle she went thru n the treatments she gave her son..Wat scares me was dat her son started to show signs of autism 3wks after the MMR vaccine.Im sure you guys are aware dat some parents suspect dat there's a link between MMR vaccine n autism.Even the US are doing a study on it now.I remembered when my son was due for his MMR jab,i delayed it as i was oso worried.R you guys aware? Sigh....when reach my daughter's turn to jab,its going to be another emotion struggle

fiona, yes i am aware of the autism connection b/w mmr. tt time when it was our gal's turn, i also delay until she was 18 months before we go for mmr... very scary yah... lucky nothing happen... soon it will be my boy... i think i will also delay...

db,
yah im quite concern about it.I oso delay my son's mmr til pass 18mth.We were in perth dan n he had the jab a mth after we got back..i cant imagine having to go thru the emotional rollercoaster again.The actress did a food diet for her son n he was alot better.She cut wheat,diary n food colouring out of her son's diet n she saw a tremendous improvement.Ive read b4 about wheat n diary free diet.They are oso good for kids dat hav bad sinuses n allergies.Do you know dat red n yellow food colouring affects a kids behaviour?

Back