2007 sahm n bf mom

Fiona/ Drperbaby,

Oh I see.. both of you make me feel that my house is quite dirty as I don't really clean it everyday hahaha..

Maybe I'll be more sensitive towards hygiene when my son starts crawling
happy.gif

bena no lah.... my hair is long so, i can always see hair on the floor and i cannot take it... so i gotta clean the hse daily... if not my hair became carpet on the floor... kekekekeke plus my boy crawl everywhere in the hse... so tt is also the reason why i need to clean daily...

Dryperbaby,

I am opting for natural birth. But doctor say it will depends on the situation on that day cos i am very petite in size! Hopefully BB will cooporate with me on that day!

FionaO,

I also fancy baking before preggie. Always bake on every weekends! But now too lazy liao. I even sell pineapple tarts for the past 2 years but this year cannot liao!!! Got to look after BB le!!!!

Jacelyn
ya talk to u bb, i was schedule for induce and i was very loss n worried ++. who knows water bag burst 2 days b4 induce so save me the induce pain.

hi mummies,
I'm new here. Have 2 girls- elder at 4 Y and younger at 3 mths plus. Will be SAHM for one year..still pending NPL approval from company..meanwhile I'm on 1 mth lve till 29 Jan. currently MIL is staying with us to help look after the baby. She'll be returning Kuching in few wks time.

fiona and dryperbaby, thanks for sharing on being SAHM with 2 kids
happy.gif

hi amy
welcome!!!
after ur MIL returns to Kuching will u be getting any help?
not easy to look after kids esp when u have 2 to look after.

Hello ladies!!!

hope all had a good new yr
happy.gif

my laptop konk up so havent been able to log on the last few days(went cold turkey) n my son started sch so last few days very kangcheong esp the sch bus bits...Well he seems well settled in sch,now my morning is only with my gal...

Welcome Amy
Its not ez to be sahm to 2 or more kids with no help,lets pat our own shoulder!!
Im sure you'll do fine,dun stress yrself.Is yr gal in sch?Yr 3mth muz be very cute..this age they starts reponding to play so very fun
happy.gif

Bena,no lah,i dun clean my hse everyday,i clean alt day.I hav to do marketing n prepare charcoal for my soup for dinner so no time to clean everyday.I cook eveyday except weeknd whereby we go out dan i only cook my gal's ikan kurau porridge
happy.gif

Jacelyn,both my kids were induce..
my son had cord round neck at almost 38wks n we had a natural birth.He was ok..
My gal was induce at 38wks as she was oredi weighing 3.3kg n i wanted natural birth so gyne was worried she'll be too big for it.We decided to induce 4 days later.It was sooooo tiring as she didnt was to come out,i push for 2hr on top of labour for the whole day.My gyne gav me 2 more push b4 she wheel me for c-sec.I was determine not to hav c-sec as it'll be hard on my recovery.We didnt hav any help n no confinemt lady so if i hav c-sec,i wont be able to look after my son n bb.I prayed so hard n my gal came low enough to hav vacumn suck out,n she was 8pound!!n im only 152 in height n weighing 59kg when i went to pop.Im noy sure if u consider dat petite in size.

hi ladies

just chance upon this thread today. i am a newly sahm with a 5 mth old baby. i latch on my baby all the times unless i want to go out then i will express.

can i ask u a qn? do u have this problem? during latch on, we carry our baby very close to our chest n this actually give them a close security. so much so that when i put the baby down on the cot, he will wake up cos the closeness is "lost". i love the bond that i have with my baby but its the making him sleep part is giving me a headache. my mum says all latch on babies r like this. do u all have this problem?

also my son still wake up 2 times a nite. 2 am n 5 am. is it bcos bfing baby gets hungry easily? waiting for him to hit 6 mth n at least he can take some cereals.

cin
i dun know is it true but some ppl say the bed is cold n hard as compared to our body. my son also once his buttock touch the bed he will open his eyes.
now my boy is 7 months old, 8 months next wk but he's been waking up 2 times at night, i think he is growing teeth n feel uncomfortable.

Hi ladies!!!! hope you all had a nice or a decent weekend
happy.gif
I was at a birthday celebration of a family member n my cousin brought along her 7mth boy whose a bf bb.Wat shock me n hub was the mom was feeding him food of the table!!Im talking about sharksfin soup,fry noodle etc etc.He's only 7mth n eating adult food n the grandparents r so happy n proud.Where is the mom's commonsense??Im talking about a 29yr mom n they are so health conscious dat they insist bf the bb,but dan can give adult food...still got the cheek to ask me if i let my gal eat.. goodness...

Dryperbaby,hv you been bz?Havent heard fr u....

Cin,my 9mth gal is like dat.If i carry her to suckle to sleep,she'll wake up d moment her ass touch the bed.However if i let her latch on on my bed,i'll take out my nipple when she dozes off n she'll still be sleeping.If yr boy sleeps in the cot dat might be tough...My gal learn to sleep thru fr a wk after she turns 8mth.I let her cry out after i realize she was comfort sucking..Im not sure if it was solid food as i didnt intro solid to my gal til 6nhalf mth.She oso wakes uo twice a nite at dat age...my galfren's gal is 2 days older dan mine n we went thru the same thing...

Sgn,whey when u going to try let yrs cry out? hard pain to try??
happy.gif

fiona dear, you miss me huh... yup been busy, my sil just gave birth, so now i am helping my sil to wipe/bathe bb because my mil and her scared to do it... so been running ard a little... lucky they stay across the road...

Hi

Can i check. Can we wear wired bras wen BF? Will it hinder our BM? Cos i went to buy nursing bra the SA told me that day time muz wear wired bra as a support to prevent sagging and nite time non wired bra. Can somone pls advise me?

Jacelyn
i used to wear wired bras but after delivery i tried not wear wired bra n i still get block duct, since then i changed all my bras to non wired!
my friend who had blocked duct few wks ago says LC told her to avoid wired bra to prevent block duct!

Hi ladies!!!Wat a nice n cool day,if only the temp will go downlike winter in perth,We can cuddle our bbs w/o being hot,bothered n sticky...

Hey Dryerbaby,yah i thot hw come you mia,was worried dat you sick or something..Fello sahm so in case need help
happy.gif
You muz be super bz dan helping out,im surprise yr mil dun dareto clean bb..Hw did she manage yr hub dan??

Jacelyn,i TBF my 2kids n was told by Mrs Wong(LC of TMC)not to wear wired bra else it might hinder milk flow too causing low supply n blocked duct.I wear Bonds's tank top,i got fr Seiyu bugis juctn(bra section)Its a singlet wif bra support n no wire,i can put nursing pads in too.I wear dat at hm n when i went to give birth.At the hospital you'll be nursing every few hr so i find wif tanktop its less clumsy..sorry im a image conscious mom so bf oso want to look pretty
happy.gif
I never own any maternity clothes in my life hehe!!

Hi fuschiastar,welcome to our chitchat thread for sahm or wahm
happy.gif

I agree dat wif 2 or more kids,you need routine else nothing gets done.I watch Supernanny n she oso encourages routine.Is yr boy nursing well? it muz be tiring foryou now...

hi zoe... welcome to the club... once you have a routine and used to it, life will be much better... dun worry...

fiona, i also dunno, mil got 3 kids leh... but she told me that last time nurse come to her hse to clean up baby for her... so i guess, she forgot how to clean baby lor... anyway, they did not have any confinement lady, my mil had to do so many things, clean, wash clothes and cook for everybody in the hse and plus need to wake up in wee hrs to help my sil with her pumping session... she not enough sleep now... and my sil hubby doing nothing much dun even dare to carry his own baby lor... so i told hb i think you gotta talk sense to everyone in that hse... if not the one suffer will be his mother... i dun mind dropping by to help bathe bb... anyway it is fun thing to do but in a long run, my sil and her hb needs to learn how to manage lor...

Hey dryperbaby,
my goodness,they should be thankful for all the help they are getting..i didnt have any,no nanny no mil no maid juz me n hub..Wif son was ok as only 2 of us,he nurse i eat,he sleep i sleep.Hub did the cooking during confinement when my gal arrive.We teamwork,he look after son i look after bb.We did pretty well,of cos there were maggie mee days or mac delivery nites.We tingkat for 2 mths after confinemt..Im puzzled on why yr mil need to help on the pumping??Ya,i think all should learn to look after themselves n bb..else yr mil will collapse fr exhaustion..Didnt they go for any parenting class by the hospital?

fiona, my mil wake up to steriize bottles for her, so since she is awake, keep her company or maybe need to feed bb milk using bottle lor... they went for some class in hospital before giving birth, i also dunno.. i also nvr go class... i hope they will wake up their ideas man..., i also dun hv confinement lady, my mil just cook for me and bb and my toddler, i take care... i hope next time our children not like tt lah... must trsin them to be independent...

Hello all
happy.gif

another dark cool day....i was watching Oprah talk show juz now while putting my gal down for nap.The topic was abt miltiple birth.This american lady had sextuplets(6 bbs)!!!She TOTAL BREASTFEED them!!!! All 6 babies til they were 6mths old!!!Here i am complaining wif only 1 bb
She pump 50-60 bottles a day...the power of mother's love....

Dryperbaby,i agree totally,better train our kids to be domesticated n independent.I sometimes find young parents r very reliant on their folks n they will leave juz about everything to mil or maid.As wat my mil said throw them to the sea n to sink or swim is up to u.I remembered when i gave birth to my son,totally inexperience oso blur blur went thru.We didnt go 4 classes as i read alot..get yr hub to talk to them lah else yr mil will suffer....

Jacelyn,yr due date are getting closer right?? You got everthing ready?I got a piece of advice,get nappycloth.No..my bb didnt wear them,i use to place under bb's head on the bed so in case bb throws up abit of milk after feed (can be quite often)i dun hav to change bedsheet all the time
happy.gif
I learn this fr my american fren..

Hey fuschiastar,is yr gal in sch?

fiona, exactly... anyway, yesterday my hubby talk to them... i hope some words get into their heads... i just dun understand my sil also, bb is just 5 days old, and she actually pumping her milk to store and feed through bottle... i told her so many times, now it is time to latch on dun feed through bottle... but she insisted that her friend is doing the same way... now both her nipples are sore... oh well, good luck to her... she pumps for one hr and get little amount of milk only... geez... if it was me i gave up lor, i rather latch on...

hi everyone
happy.gif

still trying to get my little boy into routine
sad.gif
not sucessful today. he's suppose nap fr 9-10 but only slept at 10 and still sleeping!! i'm using the gina ford book.. yes my older girl is at cc full day for now til i can drive again then will only be there half days..

little boy up!
happy.gif
gotta go

FionaO,

Yeap, my EDD is 13 jan which is this sunday. And i still dun have any syntoms at all. Except keep going to toilet, lower back aching when stand too long and very frequent hardening of tummy!!! As for BB items i have got them all ready. Now is the waiting of BB arrival!

Zoe,

What is Gina Ford book all about? Where can i get them?

Hey jacelyn,aaaaaahhhhhh so fast!!!! i bet you are nervous,excited etc etc...enjoy yr sleep now becos once the bb arrives,dats wat you'll be missing n lacking
happy.gif
Gina Ford teaches on training bb on strict feeding time n sleep time i think.I did dat with my boy but find it hard to follow esp since bf is feed on demand..You can get fr any major bookstore..

Dryperbaby,
sigh..well its up to her now to take kindhearted advice..yah if me i'll latch on,save all the trouble of sterilising,washing,rather use the time to sleep
happy.gif
..actually my gal latch on all the time..i only started to express when my booby was producing alot of milk. Since i didnt intro bottle to bb til 2mth, i let my son drink my ebm or put in my milo..

Hi fuschiastar,wow yr gal can tahan whole day at cc?You going to put her in sch?My son's been in SFX Kindergarten after my gal was born.I wanted to put him in a shh with kindergarten so i dun hav to transfer him later.He'll juz graduate fr there b4 going pri sch..He takes d sch bus..Argh..gotta run..kids fighting!! My 9mth gal has juz learn to yell at the korkor n 'fight' wif him!!

fiona, ya lor, i also think so... that time my gal also latch on all the time, every hrly..., i think it is normal for the first few weeks bah... but i guess she cannot take it liao...

anyone of you heard of berriesworld? they specialize in mandarin language classes. i thot of sending my gal there...

Hello all moms....
sun finally come out today or else i hav to put my laundry into the dryer again...My soup on the charcoal stove n the flr is mop,so now i can 'lar kopi'
happy.gif

Jacelyn, r u getting a confinement nanny?I heard as the CNY is juz next mth,most of them r charging much more...

Dryperbaby,i always come across this sch in mag but havent really chk it out.Hw old is yr older? I juz sign up my son 4 speech n drama by the sch n dat is oredi an additional of $180/per term on top of sch fees..I hav to neg wif hub over the weeknd b4 he agrees..My galfren n i almost had to resort to victoria secret to get our hub to agree..Our hub thinks dat our boys should play n 'catch spider' n not stress so early.Hmmm... not ez for hub esp since he's only breadwinner n he has to pay all our insurance too....Which part of spore r you in?

fiona, my gal is 3 yrs this coming june... i just want to make sure her mandarin is tip top when she goes to school... so i want to send her to this class. i am staying at woodlands... i manage to convince my hb to let her join the class, just tt now they dun hv afternoon class yet... so waiting for them call me if they hv any...

yup today so sunny, i very happy... kekeke can hv dry laundry

Hey,
Anybody read the ST home page?Its so tragic,a 2mth bb boy died after indo maid bump his head on the toilet bowl after bath n fail to inform anyone..by the time they realise,its too late... Having a maid has its pros n cons i suppose..juz when i thot of having 1..

Dryperbaby,seems dat we r the only 1 on this thread now...maybe jacelyn when to 'pop' oredi since her edd is this sun.The rest all mia liao..
Im in Buangkok,but near to yiochukang dan the mrt.
I will send my son to chinese class but maybe i wait til k1 n see wat the sch offers.He's in nursery now n the class has chinese teacher whose teaching them chinese.They hav 10 chinese storybks to cover 4 the yr..He's learning to sing CNY song fr sch,coming hm n sing "gongxi gongxi"..He's chinese teacher says he speaks like 'angmo' speakin chinese
happy.gif

Think dats te problem when we dun speak chinese at hm.My galfren n i joke dat next time our boys will hav to share chinese tutor esp since they r going Catholic High n hav parents dat suck in chinese..hehe..
Yr gal in sch yet?

FionaO,

Yes i did engaged a CL. But think i got to pay extra already. Usual price is $1800 now think clash with CNY have to pay $2600!!! I see how the situation goes cos the CL will only stay with me for 28 days. If lwft only a few days i ask mother in law to cook for me.

Dryperbaby,

All mummies are bz with thier children ma... Its not my turn yet. So you all still can see me active in the thread. By the way wad brand of diaper do u all use? Can recommend me? As i see there are so many brands in the market not sure which one is good....

Fiona, ya lor we are the only one in this thread... true lor, we dun speak mandarin at hm so hv to outsource by going to classes... my gal not in school yet, usually i am the one teaching her at home abit abit, because she is hyperactive and have short attention span... sigh... so as she plays i need to teach her bit by bit...

jacelyn, we thot you gave birth liao... hehehehe... wow the price for CL so ex huh.. phew... and only for 28 days huh... not 30 days? as for diaper, i am using drypers and ntuc diaper. i think it is not bad leh... and also not so expensive

Hey jacelyn,hehe ya we thot you went to 'pop' bb out
happy.gif

My nieghbour juz had her bb on 29/12 n their cl only stay for 21 days n charging $1800..Anyway she's juz in front of me so i offered my help todo her cooking after her cl leaves..Im a sahm n cook everyday for my family so an add mouth wont be much diff
happy.gif

When my gal was a bb,i buy NB pampers(TMC uses the same).We oso use Pro Kids a brand we found at CK departmental store.After dat its watever brand dats on offer,EQ or drypers.I oso let her use bumwear..When her thunderous thigh got big,i switch to huggies as their tape doesnt cut her,i like it.i buy fr shengsiong..but the jumbo pack ones r cheaper(84pcs for M sz)They hav diff size packing so you muz check properly b4 you get.Im a typical mom when buying diapers,i always chk ST for any supermkt offer.So for now she uses Huggies n bumwear,my son only use when nap time so i use ntuc or Nofrills..or bumwear pullup..

Dryperbaby,on top of hsewk n bb,you still can teach!!Peifu yr patient,i dreaded the idea next time i hav to monitor my son's hmwk..i flare easily i think.Im oredi going crazy getting/ nagging him to drink his milk.He takes 30mins or more to drink 200ml of milk..

fiona, i just teach abit abit only lah... she also cannot sit still too long... now she recognizes her alphabets but numbers still a big problem... so now i am trying to teach her to recognize numbers daily... i hope she get it soon..., when we are out i will also teach her here and there about her surroundings... that took him so long to drink his milk... you give him formula or normal milk? my gal hates formula, the moment she taste it she will nvr drink it... so i just give her packet milk moo moo brand.... that one she will drink within 5 minutes, finish, sometimes, i hv to tell her to drink slowly but she always forgot...

Dryperbaby,i give him pediasure..my son is on the small side..he juz turn 3 on dec n weigh only 13kg when average kids his age is 16kg n above..He can't take too big meal or else he'll vomite..He hates formula too but i think he juz hates milk in general..
The milk problem started after he turns 1 n i got so worried dat i brought him to his ped at Forum Shopping Ctr..
My hub always hav to scold him every morning as we end up rushing for the sch bus becos he took so long.He only drink in the morning,im getting him to drink my ebm either at nite or b4 nap.D other nite he took 40min to finish my 80ml of ebm!!!I almost wanted to take the pipe so i can pour down his throat!!!He's milk intake has been a big headache 4 us..
Whey,tell me wat milk yr gal drinks n where can i get it..Do you give to her cold or rm temp or warm?

Jaclyn
pampers NB is still the best esp for 1st time mummy it comes with indicator helps tell bb pee pee or poo poo.
another brand is nepia comes with indicator too, but not sure have NB size cos i started using when my boy is 2 months old.
my friend's advice was to use good diaper for the 1st month as bb's skin is very delicate.
Tips: to use cotton wool to clean bb's skin after each pee or poo, so far my boy had never experience nappy rash!

Hey jacelyn,

wah...i oso wan to shake leg
happy.gif
Tomrw weeknd yeahhh can go out n spend hub's money
happy.gif

Hub juz got me this laptop for xmas present so havent got round to going anywhere other dan here n my yahoo to keep in touch wif my aussie mates..
btw,juz thot you might wan to hear this...when i went to TMC Parentcraft to treat my engorgement, i overheard this new mom who called the LC saying the cl wans to feed new bb red date water n if its ok...most cl i knw are fr malaysia n hav strange practises which can pose harn to bb so do be careful
happy.gif
The lc at MtA seems quite helpful,she went to my coursin's hm at the early days to help her establish her bf routine..
You dun worry lah,you hav us here
happy.gif

we'll be rooting for you to perserver!!!!
Hav you got the bb's bathtub?My neighbour got a tub 4 bb but when she saw mine she bought the same one.Mine has a 'slide' to place bb so i can concentrate bathin my gal w/o struggling to balance while soaping her.
You got yr hospital bag ready?Need us to do check list wif you?

fiona, my gal also small size leh she is only 11 kg plus at 30 months. she eats alot. i guess she got her father genes, skinny... and got the mother genes eat alot... hahahaha.... the packet milk can get from ntuc/cold storage, its brand is Moo Moo. i also let my gal drink my ebm, she can just gulp the whole 50-80 ml in one breathe leh, i always scold her... headache... i scared she choke.... but again nvr listen... sigh... wah red dates water to bb, crazee rite...

jacelyn, i usually, take warm water and a small towel to wipe my bb bottom to prevent nappy rash. so far so good.

Hi fiona,

So nice of ur HB got u a laptop. I thought of buying one for my christmas but in the end i choose a diamond ring. Cos at hm got desktop already.

As for CL, mine is from malaysia too. Dunno about her skills yet till she is here with me. Hopefully is a skillfull and helpful one. If not i think i will cry arh.

Lactation consultant does home visit? Did ur cousin pay for the service? Mind help me to ask??
Not to wrry so much now demand = supply. Am only afrid of sore nipples then i can't let BB latch on! Heh heh, also got u all in the thread to help me out as well...

I got all my BB items ready long time. And hospital bag packed in early december but think now covered with dust alreadi.... Everything ready but BB not ready to come out!!!

jacelyn, sore nipples is normal for first time mum. i got bleeding and crack nipples and i thought my nipple going to drop off, hahahahaha, but i just let my gal latch on, once they latch on after awhile the pain is gone. must endure a little bit, once your nipple is alright, everything goes on smoothly... i think if you pump in the early days also, your nipple will be even sore so latching on is the best for the first few weeks and it helps yoru supply to come in faster too... :)

Jacelyn,
Ya agree with dryperbaby. You know books always say that as long as you latch on properly your nipples won't be sore. I find it quite untrue actually. I am quite sure I latched my 4 month old son correctly after he was born but still end up having sore nipples. So I stopped latching for 2 days for the nipples to heal and pumped instead. Then realised that pumping also will make nipples sore! But if don't pump and don't latch will kenna engorgement. In the end gotta endure the pain and it really got better after the 1st week.

Regarding diapers, I actually like Mamy Poko more that Pampers. My son has fat thighs and somehow Pampers leak on him.

Fiona, I think I stay quite near you. I'm staying in Hougang -very near to IMH
happy.gif
Can I ask why do you use charcoal for cooking and not gas?? *curious*

Hello Bena!!!
we thot hw come you mia??
happy.gif

I stay in buangkok link which is next to ihm..
my family like to drink soup n i find putting the soup on charcoal stove n simmer for half a day makes it tastier..I still do my reg cooking on stove but if i do dat for my soup,my pub bill per mth will be rocket high.My son oso know, charcoal is to make soup..

Jacelyn,wah got diamond leh...
I oredi got 1 when we went shopping for a gift for cousin.Hub not the romantic sort,thinks practicality more impt..
I never experience crack nipple but it was sire the first 2wks.I use palmers nipple cream after i feed the bb..

kids up oredi n i need tofeed my son milk n goin to be late for church if he takes long time to drink..bye

Hi all, I came into this thread initially but after a while MIA. seems like few of u staying at buangkok / hougang area.

Fiona
I staying at Buangkok Crescent, so we're quite near to each other.

fiona, i blur abit the packet milk brand tt i giving my gal is smoo... hehehheeh...

bena, ya lor sure got sore nipple one, now i bf my boy also sometimes, my nipple abit pain once in awhile when he constantly sucking my nipple so hard... but lucky no crack nipples, tt is the worse kind... actually i think pumping can make it even worse when your nipple is alr sore... ouch... any other way also need alot of endurance... kekekekkee

Hi YL,yes i thot i find yr username familia
happy.gif
glad you r back...I hav 2 slavedrivers at hm,wat about you?

Dryperbaby,yah lah i went cold storage n couldnt find any moo milk!!I was at causeway pt yeaterday hub likes the ubi keuy at the bakery in cold storage..the metro oso very big..
Dats mean its magnolia's smoo milk?You give to yr gal aat rm temp or warm?
sigh...think my neighbour's going to give up bf after 2wks..She intro bb bottle when she came hm fr hospital..but during confinmt she develope rashes which she suspect is fr the alcohol use for cooking.She needs to be under antibiotic which is Augmentine(bf safe).When she came back fr the doc,she told me dat she has to stop bf becos take med..I told her dat its ok to still bf wif Augmentine..
1)Why she never ask doc for a med dat is safe for bf?Ultimately the choice is yrs right?

Fiona,
My boy is now coming to 25mths.

U want to intro packet milk to your boy? My boy likes Magnolia fresh milk. try nt to give those UHT milk cos it has more preservatives than those chilled fresh milk. I give the milk cold from fridge.

Back