2007 sahm n bf mom

mummies, any one tried those gym for babies ? I thought of trying out for Brandon but I dont want to sign up any package or is it per session basis ?

mami35,
talking about how we mummies bring kids out on stroller and run over pple's feet, blocking ways etc.
mummies bring kids with stroller up bus, a hassle to commuters, so some say we shld take taxi blah blah blah...

hi mami35.
My daughter has been with gymboree for the past 5 months and counting.
You can just called them up for a trial session. And then if you like it then you sign up for the session package.

re: stroller

was so mad when i read the forum discussion on the newspaper!

these pple are way too much! when i was pregnant, NOBODY (ok, except for a few rare lucky days) bothers to give up seat for me, now they're complaining we shd leave our darlings at home if not take cab! gosh! i tink all these pple deserves a real tight slap! really xyz them!! they prob are not (and never will be - i'm so mean but really angry) parents hence dun understnad we mummies also need to get OUT of hse for a breather it's only human rights - whether mummies or not! and not every1 could afford taking cab to and fro everywhere she goes. if they find out strollers a hassle on public transport and dun like us, jolly well get out and take cab enjoy the privacy why arrow us to get out instead?!!!

i really curse those ugly singaporeans sigh!!! was soo soo mad with these inconsiderate and totally brainless suggestions.

gosh mummies! all the babies are such a charmer!

how come all looks bigger than their age?~?!!! hee ;)

hi mami35,
hee..sorry i didn't know about fireworks on end aug wor...so can't answer your query.

Re: stroller
Yah i agree with gretel! hardly anyone gave up their seat for me either when i was preg in the MRT train. thats the saddest thing about singaporeans.
yes! we mummies REALLY need to take a BREATHER too!!

mami35,
Brandon has a cheerful smile. yap, all piggies r so charming.

can check w mummies here, when we can stop sterlising bottles for our bb? I stopped sterlising when he's abt 9 mths but i would still rinse w hot water.

Re: Stroller
so ANGRY knowing pple complaining us. What's wrong w us taking stroller up MRT or bus? They are public transport & we pay for our fares. And we r not rich mummies tat can take cab everytime! Even we can afford taxi, but $ must be well spent too. They shd become parents one day to understand us(if they r not parents yet). Like what ichigo07 & gretel said, hardly anyone gave up seat for me when I was preg in MRT. And now when I push stroller into the train, also hardly anyone give way, most will rush in b4 me, like so scared that i will wheel over them. But there are still some nice pple around, they will let me take their seat if i sling my bb. Hope this "some" can become majority then Singapore can be a gracious society to live in.

hey gretel, babydoll,
know what, we should write to the forum and give our feedback on the stoller issue.
let the real mommies speak!!!

for me, i try not to bring the stroller as its so cumbersome. now i use the baby carrier which is quite convenient. but wait till the baby gets really heavy or outgrow it, and i'll prob have to use the strollers. poor thing, they wouldn't be able to walk as far as we could, can they? also i don't think i'll be able to carry a toddler for morethan 5 mins.

mommies,
we should meet up soon. we have been 'talking' to each other for so long yet have not met up.

anyone know any suitable place? weekday afternoons are better for me. :)

afternoon mummies...
Ugly singaporeans..in my face always!!
U know wat,my younger sis was so furious that we snapped pix whilst in e train or buses.Not that we wanted SO MUCH for the seat...
1631502.jpg

picture speaks louder
for the whole 20mins or so bus ride,nobody offered us a seat even though ds fell asleep!!

chergamine!

tat's wat i just did ytd!!! was on the train and this visibly preggie woman standing IN FRONT OF THE PRIORITY seat - wat an irony!! this TEACHER was marking her papers and took 2 looks that preggie woman and IGNORE!!! gosh!!!

i used my camera to snap a pic and am going to send it to STOMP! heck! if they dare to do such things, they ought to be shamed!

hi jaime,
agree, maybe we shd combine efforts & write to forum.

I am ok to meet. Where is a gd place that can let babies play w each other & we can ve noon tea
happy.gif
any suggestion mummies?

I also dare not take stroller up the bus, dun think bus driver is patient enuff to wait or anyone willing to help me bring up. I usually sling my son if i need to take us.

Wah gretel, Teacher also like that! They shd set good example leh... wat a shame!

babydoll,
thank GOD the ride was quite short and im not too tired to carry him.Was on his sling but he got cranky(sleepy) so..
Not much of a shoulder ache jus a lil backache though.

Hi mummies,
Theres a meet up tomorrow at bambini playclub located at kallang leisure park (opposite indoor stadium)at 3pm.
Please update me whether you are keen.
Thanks.

I never bring the stroller out myself as I know i would not be able to handle it, hopefully more people would change and be considerate to us with kids.

re : BPA free bottles
noticed that tommee tippee will have BPA free bottles, anyone can comment ? Can pigeon teat fit the bottle ? Thinking of changing from avent as the bottles leak at times

thanks babydoll, Brandon does have cheerful smile but he is the total opposite when he does not smile !!

Jamie, did you meet up with vally or will there be another meetup ?

Hi mami35,

for BPA free bottles, I'm using this brand call 'MAM' from Mothercare. Highly recommended by the staff there over their own Mothercare brand. Good thing is, I can use forever, well sort of. haha

For normal clear bottles, you should throw (not literally pls but give it to the recycling co, since its plastic. SAVE THE EARTH!), once the bottle becomes cloudy or has scratches. That's what the sales staff told me.

Hi all,
the meet up at go go bambini (kallang) was great! mainly cos there wasn't a crowd. :)

there's a meet up at my place @ kembangan, next Thur 21 aug, 3pm.

can anyone make it ? :)

I do bring my stroller along with me even when i am alone with my daughter. Just that i take the cab to save all the hassle .
Also because my combi stroller is light weight , can stand alone after folding and its a one hand click function stroller.
Yeap bambini playclub was great as there not crowd at all . Although the place for infant can be quite small but well, we are there to meet up and chit chat .
Hopefully more can join us the next time round.

jaime, yes i saw at mothercare but it comes in 3s per pack and also only 160ml and only in pink so i did not get it. do you know if the teat can be interchange with other brands ? eerr why you say can use forever ?

I would like to join the meet up but your place is very far for me and so it is going to be an adventurous trip, I will try to make it /clipart {smile}

vally, your combi sounds great leh, which model and how much did you pay for it ?

is this bambini playbclub special for children ? what food do they serve maybe can check out over the weekend.

jaime/ mami: actually BPA-free bottles need to be changed as regularly if not more than normal bottles as all plastics still break down with use.

there seems to be only very limited BPA bottles in spore, i saw some new Nuby ones but the teat looks so big. Also saw some sprees for the Gerber bottles but they dont come in wide neck
sad.gif

babydoll, i read that can stop sterilising at 6 months if i remember correctly, but i am still doing it though DS is 13 months, it is just habit on my part since it does not take up much time just 10mins at a click of the button.

there are actually many more choices for BPA-free plastic milk bottles now; there are aprica, pigeon, nuby, mam, piyo piyo (kiddy palace), bfree, evenflow. There is also a cute new range brought in by a local organic store, http://www.loveforearth.com/products.php?category_id=73&PHPSESSID=a4049e9ee9298f2186129c878fd176a6
happy.gif

If you are worried about BPA, you should also watch out for the toys that you buy; many big brands like fisher & price, etc are not made with safe plastic. Also if you use plastic bowls, utensils for your baby's meals.

sleek, oh thanks for the info, i did not know the brands you mention are BPA free like pigeon, piyo piyo cos did not see any lables on them.

yes you are right about toys too, but there is just not enough info flowing to consumers to make informed purchase decision. who would expect problems with big names like F&P, mattel etc.

I have also not used plastic spoons and bowls for feeding at home

mami: not all pigeon and piyo piyo are BPA-free, you have to look for the PES bottles, normally yellowish-tinged and cost more. Taka's baby fair is selling the pigeon PES at a slightly discounted price.

For toys, generally the european and UK brands have a much higher safety standard and dont use BPA as compared to the american brands.

Btw, I'm still undecided if I want to go to the BMSG mass bfeeding session later
happy.gif

hi mami,the MAM bottles come in 260ml too, but still in 3 in a pack.

hey sleek, when should we change the BPA bottles then? when I see scratches? Thought I can use it 'forever'..haha cos the mothercare staff says I can use it for a longggg time

mami, can't PM you as it is not activated.
what's your hp? so I can give you my address.
you can PM me here.

btw, how old is your child?
see ya!

sleek, so did you go to the BMSG after all ? It was raining that day right ?

thanks i would never know to look for the PES label, went to kiddy palace but dont have wide neck .. hmm maybe i will get 2 standard neck hope can get it at the taka fair

Jamie, sorry i did not know i did not activate PM, have done so, also PM you, my boy is 13 months

HI MOMMIES..
oh yes sleek,
did u go to the BMSG mass bfeeding session?
wanted to go down clarke quay aft so long..so we went down.
ds had lots of fun,chasing after balloons..wat else!!
btw,any mummy/s used medela swing pump?verdict?

I didnt go to the event, hahaha so lazy to go and ended up napping with my son
embarrassed.gif

cher: how was the mass bfeeding session?

hey hey sleek,
me too tied up with work to go down.. heehee...

chergamine,
agreed with you on the ugly sporean ways.
TOTALLY. gov encourage us to "chiong chiong chiong" mah, so everyone think of own-self than think of empathising and sympathising... :T

mami35.
combi miracle turn. $629 . Bought it at kiddy palace.Best investment so far as she is willing to sit there for up to 40mins which is very rare and she can even fell asleep in it.

Ah and maternity leave is now 4months.Govt is really desperate for us to increase the number of newborn.

thanks sleek for info on BPA free bottle & toys info. I try not to use plastic utensils at home to feed my bb, think all plastic r not safe due to wear & tear.

jaime, ur place v far... I stay at West. Will try to make it next time. My son recovering fr his flu. Dun wanna to spread. Poor him, snore v loudly & wake up crying cos can't breathe properly.

vally, maternity 4 mths. Gd for working mother. I think allowing mothers to work at home or creating more part-time job in a certain extent will help to boost the fertility rate. It's not easy to find a part time job in Singapore. I'm looking around one that can let my stay at home to work...

govt is only desperate for working mums to have more babies, as usual nothing for the SAHMs!???!

baby_doll: if you're worried about plastics, best is to use glass bottles for baby, but now have to worry about breakages since our kids are old enough to throw their stuff all over. Plastics with the #1, 2, 4, 5 are still okay, http://www.care2.com/greenliving/which-plastics-are-safe.html, but unfortunately baby milk bottles are generally made under #7 which is generally the # for PVC.
happy.gif

hei,
babydol..u stay in the west?which area?me..jurong..way to the end!!

sleek,coolmama,
turn out was not as great lah(e mass bfeeding)as previous yr.but the people were nice..most importantly,my ds had fun!!scrambling around and created no unnecessary 'nonsense' LOL...i happily sit back and enjoy the talks whilst he toddle around.'stealing' other kids ballons

4mths maternity lv..
woah...ya..as usual nothing for sahms..

government desp for newborns,
tell me about it!even my gynae kinda 'promoting' BIRTH!!LOL
ladies,last i offered bottle to ds was when he's 2mths(duration of 1wk)..now occasionally ill put ebm in his straw mug to sip.and ive stop expressing for quite a while..guess all my bottles have turn yellow

yup they always say sahm is a choice so we should not complain !!! so angry ... like we are having an easy time ! we do sacrifice our finance status to be with our kids, though it is a choice but we are bringing up the next generation, we want quality people not just quantity.

do we have a place to donate our bottles, i mean some of them lightly used ? it is such a waste to throw them away.

ladies, do you know of any place in orchard or central that would be good for us to meet?
hehe, ya i know, kembangan is v far for some of you.

how about United Sq, Globetrotters? Though I'm not impressed with the service.

or Great World City? Grace Kids co. is there but never been there before.

or airport even...very spacious but far for the westerners lah

i'm also complaining to my hubby on ...nothing for SAHMs one!!!!

i don't think its by choice we want to be SAHMs more like the situation calls for it.

do i want to leave the baby with the maid to take care solely without supervision? NOOO

how about infant care where I have to pay on ave $1500 /mth for full day care? WHERE GOT THAT KIND OF $$ TO SPARE. MINUS TAKE HOME HOW MUCH LEFT? MINUS ANOTHER $1.5K, NOT ENOUGH LEFT FOR MORE MILK POWDER OR PD COSTS FOR THE FREQUENT COLDS, COUGH OR WORSE HFMD!

so how? stay at home and take care of my little angel cum monster. though my mental devt is slowly deteriating cos not enough 'adult' mental stimulations. and looking more & more like an auntie :-(

lol singapore flyer, unite square all not really convenient for west side. Great world city still ok
happy.gif

gahmen is $$$ face la; that's why our society is getting less gracious, less civic minded, ruder and not interested in having babies!!!! Cos they are like 'our' parents who are constantly teaching us how to be materialistic and that $ talks!

Vivo city is another alternative too.
Having kids are not as easy as what the govt thinks.
With our small spaces in condo and hdb.
I am staying with my parents in a 3 plus 1 bedroom condo. And having 3 kids are not logical at all. Where are the rest going to sleep?

jaime, PRECISELY!!!

sigh.

i was trying to find the article in ST forum ytd to share with everyone...but can't seem to find it...

anyway, the gist is, a SAHM write in and say AGAIN, we're forgotten, she suggested giving incentives to daddies who are the sole bread winners for household where mummies are SAHM. very insightful, simple and i believe will work solution - unfortunately ignored by govt cos like the mummy puts it 'we're deemed as non contributing and wasting taxpayers' money hence NOTHING for us'...her last sentence was 'we are women, we can bear children and we are willing to do so' (provided you dun forget us and give us all the necessary support!) i tot tat was such a wise view pt and speaks volumnes/ downpours of our sorrows!

will try search for the article online agn, if time allows... k k going 'catch' my child for dinner soon, these days darling's not eating well so worrying
sad.gif
i hope the phase will pass soon...

Hey Jang!

yes yes mummies, go read that article, witty and smart heehee. thumbs up for the writer ;)

HOLIDAY
i'm bringing darling son for his 1st trip and it'll be a road trip in perth, v anxious of his meals...

any good advice?

Hi Jang,
Thanx for the link.
READ IT!!
recently someone(just a passerby) commented to me
"U dun love your old job?" "Now just SIT at home take care baby only?".."Aiyah,just send childcare lah!"

hows that?

If my mum is not present, Ill just gave her my 5cents worth.
I may be a young 28yr old mum but i stay at my own house and i take care of my son all by myself even when dh goes on his outstation trip..last was 6mths away!!
All this while,I got all sorts of discouraging comments.But I know wat im doin is all for ds and dh supports me(dat matter most).Im not deterred,just a lil hurt..No?

chergamine,

aiyo oh no my heart goes out to you! i'll tell tat insensitive, IGNORANT and completely irritating busybody OFF!

no need to bother too much abt such pple. they dun know the pains of looking after our ds and won't know the JOY we enjoyed, enjoying and will enjoy more as a SAHM. pity them haha.

no need to be hurt. other than your ds and dh, you have ALL of us here - moral support! hee ;)

Back