2007 Buangkok Mom??

Vamiga, with the young families moving in, not too worried that they can't start a class. what I did was to e-mail PCF to indicate my interest. kiasu mah!

the kopitiam oso 24hrs??!!! hmmm... do dey ve tv set there?? i'm a soccer fan ... hope will ve euro cup 2008 .. ..

no tv... yet. my hb also looking forward to canceling the starhub subscription for sports channel to save cost. but so far no tv. hopefully they will add on later.

hi gals... i think kopitiam is 24hrs bah.. but unfortunately, my hubby and FIL went to try the food today.. and review was.. not gd worh... sigh...
Vagima..wat is Little steps?

May,

Little Steps Programme is PCF pre-nursery class for 30mth above.

Haven't tried the food at kopitiam yet. Hope the zichar is nicer than that of coris coffeeshop

oh no... no tv .. urgh..
wan ask ur HB go give suggestion leh .. heee.. else dey open 24hrs no one will go de..coz no entertainment leh..

food not nice huh.. dat day i wanted sometin to munch on .. saw the fried spring roll.. dun look nice.. was 5plus in the aftnon.. tink the spring roll not fresh crispy le..

Another coffeeshop opening right?
So still got hope lah~
Just curious, any free shuttle bus service ard Buangkok side?
My side at Compassvale got free services fr Rivervale Mall, Punggol Pt & Fernvale Pt leh.

Hi May,
Which stall did ur hubby & FIL try?
(So that i can avoid too)
hahahaa....

the other coffeeshop is halal. usually where there is kopitiam, there is banquet.

with MRT, I dun think they will have free shuttle.

slimz, go mcdonalds to watch football. got a brochure yesterday saying that they will screen euro...

I meant free shuttle for Buangkok residents to nearby malls e.g Hougang Mall (it has a free shuttle for nearby offices during lunch time).
Sengkang station here has free shuttles to IKEA & Parkway too.

1 mrt stop away from compasspt & hougang mall, very difficult to justify commercially. let's wait & see

vagima.. hmm.. they tried the yong tau foo.. he said so-so only..
then the ba chor mee.. he said yucks! haha

i also yet to try the store there.. hmm.. abit reluctant to try liao leh... keke

the very night b4 opening, the workers are still putting up the lights and ceiling panels while the food stall people are preparing the food for opening the following morning. I was told the yong tau foo stall has flies hovering over the food display area where u pick ur selection. give them abit of time to settle down if u dun want to have upset tummy!

ewww... tat sounds abit disgusting lor.. wif flies hovering over the food display area... yucks.. well.. i think better dun try the food so soon..

hey gals.. my boy's birthday coming soon.. abt 2weeks+ time.. im searching for nice cake... probably 3D kind.. but lost leh.. dun knw where to find.. any idea??

wan.. which MAC??? but we no car .. boo.. watch le take cab home huh.. hmmm .. i oni watch selected teams ... HOLLAND HOLLAND & HOLLAND
haaa

May,

dunno abt 3D bday cake. more interested in winning 4D. I bought a bday cake for my hb's bday today at BakerInc opp NTUC, newly opened yesterday. yum yum!

slimz,

vamiga has already suggested the 3 nearest mac from buangkok. I walked from buangkok to rivervale mall b4. just straight down punggol road, good exercise!

wan.. i haven move in yet.. haa...
but tink the nearest from my mummy's place @ IMH buangkok .. would b hougang point liaoz..

Hi Wan,

E-creative really has 4D cake leh!! LOL
Glad to hear the Bake Inc's nice. Yet to try this branch.
happy.gif

Hi Slimz,
When r u moving in?

4D cake? i tot only got 3D cake leh
anyway, i just confirmed a 3D winnie the pooh cake for my boy.. hope its nice...

i walked past bake inc tis morning.. seems nice leh.. probably will giv it a try..
hubby said the mixed rice frm kopitiam is not bad la.. but abit exp.. hmm..

slimz,

d u watch the holland match last night?

may, vamiga,

the bakery is worth a try! can also use kopitiam card FYI

vamiga,
u mean bake inc ve other branches? i nvr heard of them b4 leh...
duno wen den move in leh .. reno expected to complete by tis mth..

may,
u got the cake from e-creative?

wan,
din watch ..={ if i go watch no1 to feed my girl her nite feed.. haa.. or i'll ve to bring her to HG pt le.. but i am VERY HAPPY with their results .. 3:0 win over Italy .. heeee

bake inc oso can use the card wor.. i'm gg apply le.. heee .. tis week i go over c reno shall apply..

btw, saw a banner saying there's gg b a Sakura Thai Jap restaurant 24hrs too.. its nxt to the kopitiam i tink..

Hi Wan,
Thanks, will get the card. Wanted 2 apply at compasspoint years ago but it suspended the program then.

Hi Slimz,
Reno completed then can move in anytime after wash wash wash..
bot ur new furniture already?

Hi May,
Literally 4D cake leh
See: http://www.ecreative.com.sg/cakes_details.asp?PSID=867
kekekeke...

Which is ur design?
Or u customise?
How old is ur boy?
Must tell him not to cry when cake is cut hor
My friend's 3yo son burst into tears when his 3D car was cut.
Last yr my son also wanted a 3D bus but when i told him will b cut then no more, he changed his mind & chose the power rangers in outer space, so as to keep the fighter plane & mini power rangers.
This year, he already set his heart fot toy cars.
Told him get a cartoon cake then toy cars as separate present but he still want them on top of the cake. So messy to clean them up 4 him. Sigh...

wow! I like the cake. should have got it for my hb's bday. mb order for my father's bday instead.

little boys like the toy car. I showed my 3yo son pix of the cake from another thread. I think he will cry if we eat the car too. 1st bday normally blur blur, dunno what is happening. so I was planning to just let my son choose the bday cake for the sister. he will surely choose what he likes.

wah... gd! sakura thai!! seems like its really a great investment to buy flat here!! yeah!!

oh.. vamiga.. my boy coming 1yr old niah.. keke.. so i think he wont burst into tears.. keke

can buy another soft toy with winnie for him so he still have something after eating winnie? buy I think little boys like toy cars more. my boy has a big box of toy cars. I couldn't figure out whether it is papa or son want to buy/ play...

Hi Wan,
My elder son also has a small haversack of cars. He always likes to bring 2 w him when we go out. So some get lost v heart pain.
Now i only buy those cheap cheap 10 for $4-5 type 4 him.
hahahaa...

I make my son responsible for his toys. If he wants to bring them out, he will carry them around himself. He always use a big bag to carry until he realise he has no strength to bring all, he will pick & choose based on what he wants to play only and not too heavy to carry. We always travel to & fro sengkang/ buangkok. I want him to plan what he wants to do based on his timetable. hopefully he can be more independent when he goes to nursery

haa.. all boys like cars.. i oso bot car for my girl.. haa.. those motorised car .. and a motorbike =P
my sister scolded me for being siao.. my girl oni 6mths, cant crawl, cant walk .. how to play in the car =P

Just bought e western chicken cutlet.

Warning!!!! very expensive!!!!!
$7.90....

Never eaten such a expensive chicken cutlet in foodcurt...

vamiga..wan.. i think i buy the winnie hor.. is more coz i like it leh
i wan to buy 3D car design for him but then his cousin already having tat for his birthday.. so i dun wan a similar one.. moreover, he dun hav preference yet.. so hack.. jus buy wat i like.. keke.. probably 2nd birthday, he will tell mi wat he wan and dun wan liao.. keke

slimz.. im like u, wan to buy alot of toys which obviously my boy dun knw how to play yet.. n often will b niam by my mum.. haha.. she's watching wat i buy lor.. so cant anyhow..

adeline..is it nice? if its not nice, then wah.. bo hua liao leh.. keke

foodcourt everything expensive, I heard. never step into it myself tho.

1st bday is more for the parents. baby usually dunno what is happening. my son only understand the concept of bday after 2nd bday. now he is in charge of putting the candle, singing bday song, and cutting cake for everyone's bday. for little sister bday, he will also be in charge.

I also enjoyed shopping for children. esp after I have my girl, I have excuse to go to little girl's department. so cuuutttee! but when I buy something for baby, I will buy something for brother, to be fair. seldom buy things for myself nowadays...

Hi Slimz,
Can understand how u feel abt buying toys.
Now i m more cautious. Partly bcos now i m a SAHM but mainly bcos not much space at home liao.
More inclined to buy for elder son bcos think he quite careful w his toys so can hand them down for his didi in future. Now his didi is already playing most of his out-grown toys liao. Didi quite cham hor?
hehehehe...
Sometimes i will buy a new toy 4 the baby just to balance things up abit.

Hi May,
Luckily u dint fancy a Barbie gal cake!
hahahaa...

Hi Wan,
Sometimes i think we just trying to realise our own childhood dream when we buy things for our kids. Dont u think so?
happy.gif

Hi Adeline,
Wow, the cutlet so ex!!!
Nice or not?
U walk 10min to my place this side lah, the western food at Blk 303 coffeeshop quite nice leh & not as ex. I like its chix cutlet, BBQ, fried chix & fish & chips. Rojak here also nice.

Btw, was there w e kids this evening at the playground near fairprice, so many centipedes!! Crawling all over the ground, under the plants etc. U all dint complain to town council huh? R u under Pasir ris-Punggol Town council or Hougang?

Went to recce the 2 enrichment centres on both side of the train station. Think the staff at Learning Habitat is friendlier.

Quite impressed w the file of artwork by its past students. Some even win national prizes. Now only 5 kids in the class as its new location.

Might sign elder son up 4 its art class when we r back fr HKG in mid Sept if it has a weekday night class then. Now only Sat 12.30pm slot, so hot! unless we drive over.

$180 for a term of 12 lessons x 1.5hrs. Materials fee $20 for paper & crayons. reg fee $5. Quite reasonable hor?

At least let him learn some drawing & colouring techniques.

vamiga,

u r planning to go hk? I haven't been travelling since I have children, abt 4 yrs liao. everytime want to plan, something happened. yesterday night news say bird flu. my ILs are the protective type. haizzz...

my son told me only blk 277C has centipedes. he is very careful not to step on any of them when he walks back from ntuc. nowadays, my hb bring him to ntuc almost every evening after dinner

Hi Wan,

I also v long din't travel liao. Only been to KL/Genting recently since 2nd pregnancy. V cham 4 me as i always bitten by travel bugs 1.
:b

HKG is no-choice. Hubby going there for 2-3 mth training & can only fly back 3 weekends, so we decided whole village, incl maid, to fly over lor.
Most likely stay there 1 mth till he finished his training. Finally can bring DS1 to disneyland liao. It has been at least 7yrs since i've been to HKG.
But going Macau 3D2N this Sat tho, w 2 kids & w/o maid bcos it's hubby's co. incentive trip 4 family, so not nice to bring maid.
I anticipated cham liao, sure can't zz well or eat well.
hahaha...

i tink new estates alwys ve centipedes one issit?
rem that time my mum moved new hse oso plentiful centipedes.. but aft a while dey all disappear.. not sure if its coz some1 complain & actions were taken to get rid of them...

wah... e parking attendants here are very onz...

dh and i went over to my bro's place in the late afternoon and saw a parking fine on bro's windscreen. bro has not offically shift in yet, so no season parking coupon. we took it up to hand over to my bro and strangely, the fine was timed as today's morning. we all thot that this place is free sunday parking.

few hours later, dh n i went out to ta bao dinner up and on our way to pick up the car, we saw 2 attendants and doing their rounds. so we quickly went to chk out dh n bro's cars. luckily dh wasn't fined yet but bro was fine a 2nd time on the same day! another $20... we quickly went up to the attendant n ask. luckily one of e attendant is a supervisor and void e 2nd fine on the spot since both were issued on the same day. he told us that this place has no free sunday/ph parking and that there is 3 shifts for this area and another one will be coming in e nite.

so, driving mums n dads, remember your coupon... e supervisor also added that this area has no nite parking. once after 10.30pm, all lots turned into season parking even thou there are "white" lots. this is stated on the metal info plate at the entrance of the carpark.

remember to tell ur visiting parents/friend to park elsewhere if they are staying over for the nite...

sat nite we went over c our flat oso saw 3 of them! my BIL parked his car in the basement CP, din put coupon coz we oni c flat .. den my HB was looking out the windows and saw the 3 aunties..
den we immediately went off.. in case my BIL kenna fined..

wau... sat, they went there. sunday, they were there again. looks like they really go over everyday liao.

wan, hard to buy early leh... cos i dunno when i'm shifting in. as for bro, will tell him to do so soon.

coris/aspella/atrina/staying near buangkok mrt mummies, any of u are starhub mobile svc user. is e reception gd there? anyone face prob with no reception at certain places?

Hi Banazz,

My hubby is using starhub mobile, 99% of the time ok.
There r times when pple can't get thru to him even tho phone is on. But then same thing happened to my dad who is staying in pasir ris & using starhub.

Our starhub maxmobile will drop lines almost every hour if we login in the evening tho. We complained to starhub but it said bcos maxmobile is the same GSM network as mobile phones, we might lose connection if network is too busy.

Hi ladies,

Do b careful when ur children r playing at the small playground near Fairprice.

This a.m., my elder son was twirling in the red turning cup & it couldn't stop. He was crying so hard for me as i was sitting some distance away feeding my baby water. So at 1st i dint realise he was having problem, as he had been playing w it last week too.

Luckily an auntie passing by, helped me to stop him from twirling further. She told me other kids were having problem stopping it too. We tested it & realised that the cup is way too loose.
So do b careful, okie?

yes, my son also scared of the swirling red bowl. he don't dare to climb on it anymore after he feel dizzy after few rounds. standard signage will also say 'parental supervision is required' at all playground, so hdb will not be responsible for anything happening there. as long as the leg can't touch the floor, u can't stop the swirling urself.

scv so far so good. if reception no good, call scv tech helpline. they will ask u to off the box, reconnect and they will resend the signal. I heard if u don't subscribe to scv sports channel, u can also watch euro on indo channel if u use booster. save $

Back