2007 Buangkok Mom??

Wan,
Nursery level they got jolly phonics, music n movement n art. Most of e time is learn thru play. He is using his mei mei CDA acct. Haiz....just heard his class teacher quit there will be a new teacher.

slimz, faster have #2 to open CDA account lo...

Adeline, last year Beatles' form teacher changed 2 times, went thru 3 teachers in a year. but Nursery teacher followed them to K1 and de likes his teacher alot. he also likes mdm phua who always give him words of encouragement and snacks

Hi Wan & Adeline,

Do ur boys hv to wear sweaters in class?

Our side PCF super cold till freezing & most teachers don't bother to switch to fans when it gets too cold.
sad.gif

Just to elaborate on John Langrehr Thinking Programme (JLTP) which is one of the enrichment programme for K1 at PCF. My son did not sign up but I'm paraphrasing from the brochure in case any of u can contribute or is interested to find out more:

More than 20 essential skills on creative and critical thinking will be taught....

The JLTP is based on well established principles of thinking psychology. The program developer, Dr Jogn Langrehr, is a leading international researcher and author of 25 books on creative and critical thinking. He has taught in Australian & American universities during the part 30 years helping to develop students' thinking.

Creative Thinking is the ability to escape usual or dominant pattern stored in our brains in order to find novels or unusual solutions and products.
(Creative Reversals, Creative Consequences, Creative Comparisons, Creative Design Analysis, Creative Problem Solving, Creative Uses)

Critical Thinking involves asking ourselves probing questions about features of information in order to make judgements about it
(Distinguishing Facts from Opinions, Identifying Sure from Unsure Conclusion, Identifying Relevant from Irrelevant Factors, Identifying Causes from Effects, Asking Probing Self Questions Considering Opposite Points of Views)

for more info, check out http://www.jltp.net

My girl has signed up 4 enrichment classses(chinese,science,english and JTLP),so far the JLTP is the one she enjoyed most...cos with games involved.

Hi Cherie Mon,
So 1 day 1 enrichment or?

Hi Adeline & Wan,
Most likely will sign Jb up for Nursery at ur side next yr. Shld b 8am class unless there is drastic changes to his sleeping pattern.
What slot r u looking at?
Let me know when registration starts ok?
Ta!

vamiga,

enrichment once a wk. JLTP is thu 12noon-1pm. other classes other time slot

enrolment is around May every year

Vamiga,
Will inform u once its ready for registration.
Havent decide 8 or 9am. Most probably 9am.
Wan,
Wat does u mean by art? is it using oil pastel? or art n craft? or mix?

ah! u girls making me so tempted to put sr in buangkok pcf for the companion!
urgh.. duno wat's my mum's take on such arrangement ...
its either 8-11 or 9-12 issit?

cherie,

can you share more on JLTP? I want to 'steal' some ideas for my home teaching sessions with the kids. is it more role playing and Q&A? my son likes the speech & drama class. he is practising at home 'as small as a mouse', 'as big as a house'...

I'm signing up meimei for Nusery next yr, but still deciding between 8 or 9am

adeline,

I have posted some art pieces de did in school on fb. so far, there is a fish and power ranger. Uncle Patrick is their art teacher, the only male figure in PCF, I think

slimz,

u should discuss with ur mum. Being FTWM, we really dep on our caregiver's schedule, location, convenience. I also 'relocated' kids to buangkok due to this reason

wan,
teacher give them a pc of drawing,the children use their imagination to add something onto the drawiing.e.g. an elephant drawing,my girl add a bow on the elephant head and a skirt.she told that this is an princess elephant who is having ballet dancing.
happy.gif

thanks cherie.

I rem de said teacher amy did a scribbling exercise with them. scribble something, then start to add eyes, ears, nose, legs to become some animals (elephant or others). I'm asking meimei to scribble and de to add in the details. it's quite a fun activity esp for those who have more than 1 kid to entertain

wow.. so active here... im also interested to sign ayden up for the pcf! So adeline and vagima.. we go together hor!

Pcf starting jazz dance at K1 as part of their curriculum. Just pay for dancing shoes. Looking forward to my dancing boy performing

Hi
I am staying in sk, near buangkok mrt. Anyone knows of any nanny willing to take care of 2 mth old bb? I am just out of confinement, looking for nanny to take care of my bb start April 2010.
TIA

Hi May,
ONZ!
R u interested in 8 or 9am class?
Adeline & Wan will hv priorities bcos their older sons r already studying there.

Hi Wan,
Wow! e Jazz dance will b conducted during normal sch hours?

Hi Sharon & Constance,
I'm staying in SK too! Had "gatecrashed" this thread since v near to Buangkok.
hahahaa... :b
Constance, perhaps u can paste notice at nearby lift lobbies? Most nannies at my block had moved away, so no lobang.

Hi May n vamiga,
Decided on e 9am class so at least i got some time to do household chores then fetch them together on 12pm. More sensible for me then 11am. Still got some time to eat breakfast with hubby n meimei after sending my son 1st at 8am.
Wan,
They starting e music enrichment had to pay $24 for e instrument no other charges on e normal lesson time oso. Hopefully is fun for them.

constance! you r here! heee .. oh, ur #4's nanny huh? not sending to infantcare?

any mummies sending ur kiddos to jenius plygrp? so far we oni managed to find this wich has sch buz service for 3 hr playgrp...

adeline, I'm also more for 9am too. I can send my girl b4 I go work. MIL can pick both up at 12noon.

I'm ok with 'within curriculum' enrichment. so it's at nursery level? sounds fun!

my colleague's girl at marine parade pcf is having 'learning with lego' within their curriculum. pcf trying to have product differentiation

Hi Shanon,
tot u moved out of the neighbourhood liao. #3?wow n congrats! I'm pretty satisfied n occupied w 2. How is everytin? When due?

im definitely interested in 9am slot.. btw, adeline.. ur boy in "I can read" at kovan? How's it?

Vamiga.. ok.. we be the first mummies to register ok.. im a kiasu mummy!

Hi constance! im staying at 277B.. maybe we would have met each other.. just don't know who we are only hor?!

Hey shannon! congrats!! wow.. i confirm surrender at 2 liao.... brave leh u! keke

Adeline, 12-3pm enrichment seems like not at this branch bcos the pamphet says transport provided. Add is hougang, the other punggol south branch. U have 1 yr to consider. I'm definitely not signing up

Ya,Wan I actually stayed at my mum's place for quite sometime but now moved back home. I can closed my factory after this 3rd one due in May as I wanted a girl very much.

Hi Wan

The PCF intake MAY for Nursery, K1 & K2??

Hi May

Im staying @ 277C, maybe we too oso passby or meet b4 hehe...

Shannon, so #3 confirm girl? I also wanted a girl, got 1 but character more tomboy than big bro. DNA went wrong...

ger11, availability deps. Nursery yes but K1&2 r kids promoted from previous year, so dep on how many placings left. Ur girl next yr nursery also right? Considering pcf?

shannon.. ur no. 3 is gal? gal is sweet!

ger11... next blk only leh.. i tell u.. most morning and evening, 1 woman with a baby in carrier and a toddler in pram.. like a siao char bor rushing to/from childcare.. its mi liao... haiz...

wan.. i also v scare my megan will be tomboy leh.. so i keep buying dresses for her... try not to let her play korkor's toy cars etc.. stress man.. coz im a tomboy when i was young.. v chor lor.. always go catch grasshoppers with brother and play soccer.. pray hard she wont be like mi...

Wan & May,
how I wish my girl behave like tomboy, at least not to worry that she was being bully by other kids...esp the boys. my girl too "gu niang"

cherie.. ur gal always being bullied?
dun wan la.. i prefer gal to be "gu niang" lor.. realli.. tomboy u also headache lor.. jus ask her to tell teacher when she is bullied lor..

May, y u describe urself like that. Met u so many times, always swee swee, never expect u to b a tomboy. Ur hair grew long very fast hor. Cut short now so long.

Cherie, nowadays boys get bullied by girls...

Wan,
yes,i did told her that if she was being bullied,she must tell her teacher,don't keep silent.

She too gentle that her boy classmate complained to me that she was running slow when play catching game :S...no choice cos her playmate r boys.hope she can be tough a bit

May, we stay 2 floors apart i oso hardly cya ard lor.. hair long liao huh?
these days my ah lao overseas, we hardly home coz i camp over with sr @ my mum's so tat i dun ve to carry to-and-fro in the mornings in heels !

Hi hi dun miss out me. I oso stay very near to everybody, 277A.
Wan,
They revise e content eligible for nursery kids oso n pricing went down to $300. Ya i noe is at blk452 not gg to let him join 1 to 3pm is his nap time. Anyway he has e enrichment to occupy him so no point gg to e extra enrichment. Ur son in K1 is there homework every week? Does u noe wat is been learn everyday? Some of e kids in my son class gg to transfer out they said learn nothing here always play toys whereases other preschool learns alot. ISSIt true in K1 level?

May,
Yes, my son in I Can Read at kovan. Will let amber go next yr when she's in nursery. My son has a favorite teacher there likes her alot. He learns alot over there can pronunces A-Z phonics. Just a short 3mths he learns everything wherease at PCF e teacher oni teaches 5letters.

adeline,

yes, my MIL very capable. we have another 1yo upstairs with my FIL. my girl wants to tag along to fetch gorgor.

my son learnt alot at PCF. he was a mandarin speaking boy last year b4 he started Nursery. within 3 mth, he switched from channel 8 to 5. now he get scolded by grandpa for speaking too much English at home cos ILs only speak cantonese & mandarin.

At Nursery, he learnt jolly phonics which I tot is quite appropriate for his age, cos sing action song, easy to remember. he learnt many songs that I dunno. he will come home and teach meimei. meimei learnt the 'good morning' and Chinese New Year song from him

he took 3 mth to adapt to nursery and cried everyday. u can never imagine how my MIL drag him to school every morning. we were glad he grew out of that phase and enjoy school now. most PCF mummies would have witnessed that.

I dun sign my kids for any enrichment (except playdates! last year) bcos I prefer the bonding time with them as I'm a FTWM. his reading ability now is around Peter & Jane Book 6 (as a rough gauge if u follow the series) I must admit my current job gives me the flexibility and my boss is supportive. so u can see me sometimes making 'guest appearance' picking up my son. of course the 6-days childcare leave counts...

I support learning thru play bcos it will sustain children's interest. mb my son is quite systematic and organised. I can see his progress within 1 year. he will finish his homework every fri b4 taking his nap so that he can enjoy his wkend with us.

for K1 curriculum, I rem I have shared somewhere.
Once a week, they have Jolly Phonics, Music & Movement, Maths, Art & Craft, Speech & Drama. Twice a week, they have outdoor/ gym. Everyday, they have Chinese

Every Fri, he will bring home 1 English and 1 Chinese worksheet. I find that his word recognition for English is ok but not Chinese. Altho he speaks fluent Mandarin, he can't recognise words, so can't read Chinese books. I'm trying to brush up his Chinese reading standard now to prepare him for P1 standard

just realise today is the last day of term 1 but K1 has no show & tell or meet the parents session. Nursery have?

Wan,
Thanks for e valuable feedback. Kind of worried y some of them want to change school. Looks like they learn alot over there. No meet up with parents oso. Last friday is e 1st time he bring back some of his work. Does they have spelling or tingxie for K2?

I dunno abt K2. I came to know all the curriculum thru my son. I can see his progress so I'm assured about the standard. but he did complain that some friends in class keep talking non-stop and disturb him trying to listen to teacher. hahaha

last year we had show & tell le...almost cried when I see my son perform for me...

itching to ve an easter day event on 3rd april.. any mummies gamed?
do some easter crafts .. makan etc .. i not catholic.. wat else is done on easter day?

Hi Shannon,
CONGRATS!! :D

Hi Wan,
Don't worry abt chinese word recognition at K1, just read to him & let him enjoy the language. Pt out key words based on their interesting shapes etc. Kids picked up v fast. Jx was drilled by his pcf to write alot of chinese in K1-2 till he can write words like crab for his K2 tingxie. *faint* Even his P1 chinese next term is not going to b so tough. Seems like MOE will b focusing more on oral chinese in next few yrs. Can't they just make up their mind?

Hi May,
If i m not wrong, PCF registration for non-siblings is 1st-come-1st-served so must queue early to have higher chance into preferred time slot. From the polls here, seems like 9am is more popular than 8am tho.

I rem having to waitlist for a a.m. slot for Jx's K1 in his PCF even tho we r 1st few to register on Day 1.

Hi Slimz,
Hunt Easter Eggs!
happy.gif

Our Easter weekend plans not firmed yet, so can only confirm if i can join in the fun closer to the date.

Re Jenius Kindergarten, saw the website. Same mgt as Tot House?

Back