2007 Buangkok Mom??

May....Yes theres one kiddy academy at blk266..
Is quite near....walking distance nia...
Yippee...Im getting my key on e 6 Mar...cant wait liao...

hehe.. i got my keys liao! gona b neighbour soon!
i'm waiting for my boy to reach 18mths old then put him in my office's childcare.. at least he will b v near mi ma..

adeline,
kiddy academy @ blk266? i oni noe there's a PAP school called "punggol south".. @ Blk 277..
and got two enrichment centers @ the mrt there..

we suppose get keys 6march too! but we delay abit .. coz my girl still small (3mths) din wan to move in yet ..

reno:
we were there on sat & sun looking @ showflats.. u gals did any homework yet?
ve viewed flats done by some. tink "Coos" & "inspiration id" not too bad. got one "rangers" din get gd comment frm a resident there..

slimz
Yes, theres a kiddy academy at 266 but price wise is abit high i found another one at blk 201A which is further away but still walking distance hehe only $395 a month after subsidys...will enrol my son there. Me a sahm. U a sahm too? my gal 4mths old now.. hehe only 1mth differences..
Yup we already engage a contractor.

hong seng yu .. guess i din c b4 wor.. dun sound familiar at all ..

gg back to work nxt tues le .. suddenly feel like being SAHM .. wan b wif my bb during her 1st 6yrs which r impt for her self development ... =[

slimz, I think this will be a passing phase. I had the same feeling when I returned to work after 3 month maternity leave. but I'm now bk to work and settled down to the tempo of worklife. U will look forward to going home to give the children a big hug and be rewarded with a broad smile after a hard day's work!

may,adeline,wan
how's the new flats? i was there a wkend ago n went to view showflats.. one of the flat owners wait 2mths for hdb to re-do their bedroom flooring wor.. u gals beta chk out the floorings..

hi all mum.
hi slimz.. come in liao.. hehehe..
me still waiting for my keys collection near buangkok mrt.

any mummies here hav any gd recommendations for gd infant care centre?

hi slimz.. well.. found some defects and i got the guys from hdb service centre, blk 277C to rectify.. they got it done rather fast worh..

cloverluv.. hw old is ur bb? i think there's one at fernvale worh.. but dun knw if its gd..

May,
mine's 3mths old..i called up kiddy academy at compassvale side but they hav like 17 babies already.. and lots more ppl on waitin list on april onwards...

slimz,

I heard from my bro-in-law about the defects too. lucky his flooring ok, except for minor defects. don't have the details though.

what we don't like is the slanting window ledge. can't do much and toddler will knock against. must childproof his house cos my children will be staying there. will inspect again before they shift.

oh..the ledge..many people box it up..
i'm intending to box it up too.. den can use it to plc foto frames, potted plants etc =D

box up also scared children knock against and pulling things down cos the height is within their reach

Hi May & cloverluv,
I am staying near Buangkok mrt too. I have just withdrawn my son from Kiddy Academy infant care, so they shd have one vacancy now.

But I would like to tell you that this infant care a serious manpower shortage issue. That's the reason why I am withdrawing. They are taking 17 babies, and most of the time, they did not meet the 1:5 ratio required by the MCYS.

So, pls do not consider putting your babies here. If you need further information on this infant care, you can always PM me. I just don't want anymore mummies who get "caught" like me
sad.gif

wan,
hmmm rounded the edge of the boxed ledge can?
hhaaha.. cant do anyting to prevent pulling tings down le..
my girl oni 3mths now.. by the time she noes how to walk n pull tings .. my bedroom shall b out of bounds to her (oni master room has the ledge..) her play room shall b her room..
the most is put tings dat wont break on the ledge??

slimz,

my 3-yr old son likes to sit on the ledge to look out from the window. have to be careful in case he falls off...

my 6mth old girl started to grab things within her reach already. gotta to survey all the fragile things are not put at the lower level. so no potted plants & photo frames...

so how has ur baby reacted to you going back to work? sometimes I still miss them when I leave the house in the morning. I always tell my son mummy have to go out to work to earn $ to buy 'chee cheong fun' for him. hehehe

May,
I stay at anchorvale but my IL at buangkok. so I will drop my kids there with my MIL after finish reno. see u around!

wan,
my girl "bo sim" one .. hahaha.. or dunno issit she tot i dun wan her le..
coz wen i come hm she dun wan tok to me or smile @ me ..

may,
i'm getting it oni in May .. now still scouting for renovators lor .. but we ve been popping by there recent wkends to look c look c other pple's reno .. we even met our neighbors upstairs .. hahaa.. coz dey were renovating so we pop in to c ;)

slimz,
fret not. my son was like that when I went back to work. but over time, he understood why parents need to work so can't stay home with them. during my 2nd maternity leave after I gave birth to my girl, I spent more time with both of them. I believe in spending quality time.

with all the reno works, I don't think I will pop by buangkok for the time being. probably will bump into you after june?

wan,
dun tink wan a 2nd child le.. hahaa.. one enuf to K me liaozzz =P
dunno if we will b able move in by june .. coz heard frm the other owners that there a lot of defects and HDB contractors take veri long to replace the defects.. ..

slimz,

my son was the only child in the family for 2 years. he doesn't know how to mix with young children. but my baby girl is very friendly and can 'play' with his brother. if you only intend to have 1 child, let her mingle with children her age. my son abit 'dao dao' (stuck-up) now at the age of 3.

by the time u move in, ur baby will be around 6-7months. she will start to learn crawling and grab things. so be mindful when u buy furniture & do reno. dun have all those sharp edges. I kept my coffeetable cos the edges was too sharp and my son need space to ride on his tricycle!

Hi slimz,

Me started my reno liao should be finished by early april. So happy finally can live in my own hse. Luckily mine is normal one no bay window. If not oso dangerous cos i have a 22mth boi n a 4mth gal.

wan,
hmm.. my HB side got 3 nieces/nephews liaozz.. shld b ok bah.. i mean my girl will ve chance 2 mingle with dem .. haizz c how first bah .. hmm ..
i intend go that baby furniture shop @ novena ..tink its "flexa".. denmark shop .. to look c look c

adeline,
we were not aware of that bay window wen buy the flat .. even if aware.. were unable to link it to bb lor .. hahaa..
my girl is unplanned de lor .. heheheee ..
anyway my baywindow is oni in master bedroom.. her room dun ve so its still manageable .. can forbide her to come into masterroom unless we r ard .. ..

it's good to plan your furniture layout with baby/ children in mind. when I got my anchorvale flat, I wanted everything to be sleek and minimalist. after my children came along, my house is flooded with toys and baby stuff all over the place. believe me, you will need alot Alot ALOT of storage!

hahaha... dat's wat i told HB .. no pt reno too pretty n put so much $ in it .. coz will get messy in time with baby's stuff... furthermore too pretty oni for pple to c during hsewarming.. hahaaa aft dat no more liaozz.. shld jux save the money for bb instead

hi all
Me oso Aspella mummy..moving in to 275B next month
My ger is 18mth and boi is coming to 5mth
working mum...expenses too 'siong', cannot afford to be SAHM
happy.gif

slimz... i pm u liao leh.. no reply from u worh...

jankenn.. mi prob moving in end of next mth! im staying at 277B

haiz...everyone.. i think renov is such a headache leh.. searching for furniture also a big big headache leh

Hi Jankenn

We can high five..Our kids almost e same age.
Mine are boi 22mth ger 4mth plus. I stay at blk 277A

may,
jux check my mail.. yeah.. near .. near .. veri near .. hahahaa oni 2 floors difference =D
can go visit u wen u move in .. hahaa..

hoho.. errmm.. im wondering if u r the same person i met the other day in the lift leh... keke..tat person also 2 floors difference leh

huh!
wen ??? i oni went there on weekends de .. last wkend din go .. coz wen expo baby fair on friday, sat went fren's hsewarming, sunday went wedding dinner

sori, hv not been logging in for couple of days...coz my girl's down with fever on and off..paed oso cannot tell wat kind of viral infection...dengue's ruled out, phew! but still hv to take antibiotics...hopefully she recovers soon

oso too fatigued now..not even sure if i still have energy to move hse coming wkend...haiz..

slimz...ya, mi oso hooked on SMH sprees...every week oso receiving parcels, tink my MIL freaking out soon! hahahaha...

may...agree furniture hunting is one BIG headache esp when u wan affordable modern ones yet muz b child friendly e.g. round edges, unbreakable glass...

i saw my 12th floor neighbour during previous previous weekend... errmm... saw her in the lift and spoke abit.. hehe

jankenn.. u moving in tis weekend liao?! v fast leh! i tink h hor.. i didnt take note on child friendly for my flat leh... aiyo..on no leh...
but then my boy's room will b child proof la..sort of his own play area...

my girl's room gg b w/o any furniture.. ve bot the bumper mat from BP here .. will jux ve tat on the floor for her zz-ing, eating, changing purposes .. hahaha... mulitpurpose mat ..

wah slimz..really multi purpose mat leh..keke.. i also bought tat mat.. will hav tat in his room too.. gonna be a weekend mum.. sad...

i'm currently stying wif my mum on wkdays coz she is looking aft my girl in the day wen i work..
wkends den bring bb bk amk (my IL place) to zzz ..
but wen our new flat ready we will bring bb hm everyday coz my mum plc is nearby @ IMH Buangkok.. will try not 2 b wkend mum unless bz n tired ..
i'm in audit line.. so there are a few mths in the yr wich i will b v bz .. and some mths shake legs =P

not likely to move in this wkend...dd still down with fever...mostly likely still stay with in laws till she recovers...need all the xtra help now..

any mummies noe where to buy stuff around our area? I oni noe rivervale plaza coz dat's where I get my cheap milk powder from the chinese medical hall..

slimz.. i bo bian leh.. my mum stay at bukit merah.. wan to stay over during weekdays like u.. but my mum says i v extra there.. keke...

may,
I was a weekend mum after I had my elder son. that's y my son not that close to me when he was a baby. with the little sister coming along, I bring her home everyday or my IL stay over at our place. when the new flat is ready, it will be nearer to shuttle between anchorvale & buangkok. hope everything works well.

slimz,
I'm also thinking of removing the furniture away for more floor space after the new flat is ready. more space for little ones to play. but have to watch out for my son who may 'accidentally' trip over little sister...

jankenn, down wif fever? she went for jab huh ..
i duno where to shop for stuff leh .. is hougang green market near?

may,
Bk merah is far.. indeed veri far from buangkok.. guess i'm lucky ..

Back