2007 Babies going to P1 in 2014 :)

I've already settled books and uniform!
Don't wanna queue this Sat at the orientation...
Wah u managed to settle everything before orientation? Uniform n PE attire are from different suppliers and the online ordering for textbooks was only available the night before which I see no point ordering n collecting in December. Spent abt 2 hrs after briefing to settle everything.

Wah u managed to settle everything before orientation? Uniform n PE attire are from different suppliers and the online ordering for textbooks was only available the night before which I see no point ordering n collecting in December. Spent abt 2 hrs after briefing to settle everything.
YUP!!!
Uniform & PE same supplier so easy to settle. :)

Online ordering for us was available 11 Nov. I've ordered for delivery to my place on 1st Dec so we don't have to lug since there's no parking allowed in the school tomorrow at the orientation & nearest carpark is like 10min walk away!

Then I was lucky in some way coz there's a huge public carpark just beside the sch and the textbooks are not alot.

hi littleonesinmylife
I was there today. bought uniform 2 wks back and the PE attire too but books not done yet as we had to rush off somewhere else after orientation. prob order online or pop by bookshop then pay & go - I heard from other mommies they are prepacked so quite easy to pay & go. I just couldn't get Mrs Lee's timing on when we can drop kiddos off in the morn. Seems complicated with buses, shuttle buses and private cars etc etc ... u have the link on where to see the slides she flashed today @ Orientation? :)

If yrs is from Pacific Bookstore, then everything's prepacked in a box and the staff will take out items that u do not want to buy.

hi littleonesinmylife
I was there today. bought uniform 2 wks back and the PE attire too but books not done yet as we had to rush off somewhere else after orientation. prob order online or pop by bookshop then pay & go - I heard from other mommies they are prepacked so quite easy to pay & go. I just couldn't get Mrs Lee's timing on when we can drop kiddos off in the morn. Seems complicated with buses, shuttle buses and private cars etc etc ... u have the link on where to see the slides she flashed today @ Orientation? :)

I ordered mine to be delivered to my house on 1st Dec. Don't wanna bother with lugging books around. LOL!

Actually... I didn't listen. Cos they said the slides will be uploaded ontp school website and the class blogs for us. So I'll just wait for the slides. LOL!
I was busy chasing my younger one around as he couldn't sit still. Left the daddy to listen.

The class teacher did brief again in the classroom. All I listened to was that I need to print his class & name big big, paste on front windscreen before driving into school.
I've already prepped that and laminated nicely. Need to prep for 5 cars lah (mine, hub, dad, mum, bro), so need to do it early. I only remember we drive in slowly, they see class & name and will get the kids ready to board.

Oh, drop off kids in the morning is not my duty. Is the dad's duty. But I rmb she said try to drop them by 7.20am if we are driving. There will be reading time and some activities to occupy the kids while waiting for the shuttle buses to come in from King's Road before they official start the day.

Hi mummies excited to see this thread! Will be sending my daughter to studentcare within the school compounds! We had orientation a week back and we settled everytime except PE attire coz the queue moved too slow! Will be going back this Friday to pay studentcare school fees, deposit etc.

Anyone with child going studentcare too? I am really hoping the new bus vendor has a school bus for studentcare children! Otherwise, it is very tough to pick up my child and also rush back to pick up my 2 other kids from childcare.

Hi, new to this thread but looks like everyone is excited with the pri 1 adventures!

I'm going to send my son via sch bus, cos scared of the jam along bt timah road.... But poor thing has to take the bus at 610am for sch....

bought the books during the orientation, paid for the uniforms but yet to collect (most likely need to alter as the skirt is way too long..)
gosh.... another month to go, my little piggy is going to P1.
Student care settled and hope DD love P1 and this student care..

how's the orientation? mine was very boring, orientation was very poor though the school is quite popular here..

Any Facebook group for this? May I ask what kind of school bags are you all getting for your kids?
Heard most of the books will be kept by the school. So no need a big bag.

Im aso tinking of which school bag to buy...those cartoon one cant? i cant rem my mom fussing over this during my time.

not thinkg of After sch care coz my gal agreed that she will simply 'entertain' herself after sch bus drops her. hope not too risky a choice.

Btw she was tested on oral english and hanyu pinyin one-to-one on orientation day at st. nicks. i wouldnt know had she not said this as parents were separate from kids during orientation.

Books except those price not out cost $90+, 3 sets of uniform n 2 sets of PE attire cost $70+

hi hi, my boy requested me to make lunch box for him for P1 next year, do you mummies plan to do that?
I can only think of sandwich at the moment, any other idea for snack (lunch box) for P1 kids?

oh hahaa...my dd made the same request last night too! think maybe scared to buy on her own. I will pack bread/biscuits or cake. Will make sure some snacks in bag just in case=)

I think hor...skip lunch box first 2 days..becoz they have buddy to bring them to canteen...that's the only time they can learn...after that,c they got confidence lor...have to learn somehow...

I will be preparing some snacks for dd either rice ball/ sandwich/ biscuits
I scare $2 not enough for big eater like her plus time to q to buy food etc..

my gal going WRPS... any mummy with kids going WRPS also?
Have you bought the Maths text? is it 2nd edition or 3rd edition?

hi mummy,

WRPS (Woodlands Ring) right?
i think i already bought all the textbook.
have to check which edition for the maths text..
i go home check, let u know again.
i rmb i completed except one, not maths text.

yess, time flies... my boi is in P1 tis year...
Any recommendation for P1 enrichment class around serangoon ctl and circuit rd area for my boi.
Kindly leave a msg here/PM me if u knw any, thank you. :)

Hi Audrey, can you add me to the group? Just realize both of us have kid in P1 this year. I am already your fb friend but not sure which group you create for the P1 kids.

getting used to waking up at 5+ in the morning, and reporting for a full day of work after that. =)

child seem to like everyting so far. hope its the same for all p1 mommies

Back