(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

row: my boy will slurp up all the porridge and beef, cos' we sliced and then chopped up the beef.

funny: since their consumption is small quantity, just use a chopper to chop up will do. i don't recommend u buy minced beef off the shelve, cos' u never know what type of other parts they may add in. Buy fresh fillet steak or ribeye steak and then sliced and just chopped it up.

darmae: my boy's diet only consists of chicken, fish and beef, no pork for him.

Btmum: I also used the first teeth toothbrush, the one using the index finger to slot in one. He loves it and also will find it funny to bite my finger. Can't explain how i get him to like it, guess it just comes naturally for him to like it.

funny,
negative.... maegan dun like water at all. totally opp from her gor gor who can drink 3-4 tumblers (600ml) a day. maegan rarely finish 100ml of water per day lor but tat is by spoon feed.

hubby say maegan is like him, dun like water, while darius like mummy, a water buffalo. hahaha

re : diet
i am not that strict as before liao. but will try to take fish and more vegetables. lunch for me pretty fixed.. either fish noodles soup, yau tau foo or jap at ichiban.
i try to stay away from spicy food though...

voice,
any particular reason to omit pork?

low,
thanks for ur concern. maegan still coughing.. still alot of phelgm. am planning to bring her to chinese doc this sat.

Low,

Summer can drink more than 2 pigeon mag bottle of water daily becoz since she born I train her drink plain water. Nw whenever i ask her" wan to drink water", she like veri excted n sometimes can drink ard half of the pigeon mag capacity at 1 go(like veri thirsty). I seldom let her drink gripe water. Birth until haven't finish 1 bottle of gripe water. Juice she oso drink but nt much coz her digestive veri gd...usually poo ard 2 time a day. Scare eat fruits liao still drink juice too "liang" for her. I tried barley on her once...but she dun like leh...

She oso eat a lot of fruits(usually more than 2 types) every morn... Veg oso put a lot n more than 2 variety in her porriage...

Voice,
Oic...Okie will let her try beef...Thks!

HI funny,

My En En is also a water buffalo. She will get very excited at the sigh of her mag mag water. She will walk around the hse with the bottle and half a bottle will be gone.

Strange gal..Knows how to hold the water bottle to drink water...but refuse to hold her milk bottle to drink milk.

Re: Flu jab
En En just went for her flu jab last week. Very cheap only. $25/ jab. Made her take because we are going HK end year. So better be safe.

funny,
hahahhaa.. so summer takes after u.
its tough to get maegan to drink water. she always give a bitter look when presented with water. machiam we want to poison her lor.

we also give her 2 servings of fruits per day.. heng she take lor. usu will choose those 'water-loaded' fruits like dragonfruits, watermelon, apple, pear etc

poohwei,
wah, En En oso another water buffalo. so gd.
yeah its gd to take flu jab as a precaution. although maegan and darius both took flu jab in march. she still ended up having flu. haiz... PD say she caught a different strain as the vaccines dun cover all strains. so unlucky.. poor gal

Darmae,

Summer "chao ai" fruits. She tried more than 15 kinds of fruits... I tink she like the most r peaches, grapes, dragon fruits, rock melon, apple n pear.

Darius n Maegan diiferent in liking water, izzit becoz different way to get them drink water when they were juz born?

Poohwei,

After Summer had her filled, she will spilt out some water to play, wet the flr n her clothes...dunno wat to do wif her...scold her n beat her(beat until her hand veri red) oso no use...she will keep on doing it...

low,
now she's having phlegmy cough and super runny nose. Fever no more, and she simply detests plain water! Usually is ok, but started from yesterday she saw her magmag cup she crawled away as fast as possible from me.. Gonna make her chinese barley drink today, hopefully she drinks.

Porridge with any types of fish also she rejects. So ended up giving her plain porridge with nothing inside. Just use vege stock. Today will try porridge with tofu and asparagus.

Now this mummy also having fever, eeks. Now bringing her downstairs for some fresh air!

really hope all babies who are sick will get well soon. baby yz appetite for milk comes back finally yesterday and we fed him rice cereal twice yesterday. finally so long after few days of no solids! but see water will still struggle like mad. really envy those babies who love water.

Heee, just weighed Jordan this morning ... he's 11.3 kg now.
happy.gif
At least I am seeing his weight increase now, ever since I switched him to Gain IQ. Previously he hardly drinks any milk ... now I'm so glad to see him finishing his milk each time and gaining weight.
happy.gif

funny,
its the same way we offer water to darius and maegan leh. darius nv reject water since birth. but maegan, aiyo, each time we gave the bottle, she will push it away and gives a 'yucky' look.

i guess mayb its because maegan was BF much longer.. darius only for 3mths. not sure if its the cause.
heng she luv fruits too... like ur summer '超爱' lor. hee, like ur description.

fau,
ooh... must take care ah. after brewing the barley water, u must take some too!

ecookie,
nice to hear that baby yz's appetite is beta liao. it pain to see them on hunger strike

fau: poor mummy, pls take good care of urself too! drink more water!! n yah dahlia like yz, see water like see yucky drink! he hates water now!!!

Darmae,

Hahaha...then let Summer talk to Maegan if they ever mit up...Ask Maegan to drink more water...Nw Summer like to disturb ppl irregardless of BBs, toddlers, children or Adults when she is outside...Let her be frend frend wif Maegan...Hahaha....

talking abt drinking water....

Clara also dun like water...but she loves soup..even water cres soup she also like...soup with ginger she also drinkss...but she dun like bottle fruit juice...

atinarin, pls dun be dismayed. pls be strong.

funny, nynke does drink waterd aily, but not a lot, think maybe 2-3 ounze. She just started the mag mag too. tried on her when she was 9 mths but che choked and few days back tried again and she managed to drink well with it. i made either barley, green bean, chrysanthemum or hay-gu cao daily. my elder one gets heaty v often so i try to make such liang cha for her. nynke drinks them too, abt 2-3 ounce.

for diet when bf, i dun really care leh. i just try best to drink more water. btw, I've put on weight..ever since helper is here....

atinarin, don't despair.. please take care.

mummies, i bought wolfberries just now. impulse buy coz i read most of you add wolfberries to your porridge. what are the advantages of wolfberries and after boiled with porridge can it be consumed?

atinarin: what do you mean by unsuccessful? Take care and be strong for your family ok. Am sure there are other options to explore.

Darmae: Samuel is 3/4 chinese, 1/4 malay, so no pork for him, haahaaa! My house is pork & lard free.

Atinarin: What you mean by "unsuccessful"? What did the doctor say? Will this thing cause danger to your life or it's gonna be a chronic one which doesn't cause immediate harm to your life?

wise u mean clara don't like water, don't like fruit juice just like soup?? hee..hee.. thought last time u say she in infant care drink lots of water?

Hope all mummies and babies who fall sick get well soon!
happy.gif

Yes atinarin what u mean by unsuccessful.. don't be despair u still have loved ones by ur side that care lots about u and all of us so must be strong k!! update us when u are free.. we love to hear from u
happy.gif

low,

she dun like water...never say before she likes water...but infant care will "force" them drink water...and yes she dun like fruit juice also...she love soup...can drink lots of soup..but glad that she will still take water although she dun like...but she will ask for water when she see me drink in cup...haha..

low,

cook dinner then she will have soup to drink...no cook dinner then got to spoon feed her water...she dun like to self-feed water...use her sippy cup as teething toy...if not got to give her water when i drink..cos she love to drink from my cup...

voice,
so sam sam is ba-ba. so his 1/4 malay came fm u or hubby?
my colleagues nicknamed me siti cos i dun take pork. kekeke...

darmae/low, he is not ba-ba lah, he is malay. hubby is 50% chinese and 50% malay by blood. So Am chinese, so it makes samuel 3/4 chinese and 1/4 malay. haahaaa!

Re: Fruits

My daughter loves fruits too. On weekends, she will walk around the whole living room, open her mouth and say "ARH!" at whoevers is holding a piece of apple or pear. But if you force her to sit down to eat, she will become grouchy.

Funny,
Ayden drinks abt 3 to 4 times of 125ml Avent bottle each day.
We will leave the bottle on the table n he will crawl there n take n drink..

Low,
Mayvis n Ayden still coughing n running nose..
I also down le.
I hv very bad throat infection till the extent i lost my vocal. n the whole neck very painful.. Sianz...
I on MC today..

Atinarin
Could it be the side effect of the GA??
Take care

Am proud to announce that Samuel has successfully weaned off pacifier, haahaaa! He has been in cold turkey treatment for almost a wk already.

I threw away all pacifiers on the 2nd day of his cold turkey treatment. Initial was tough, he kept crying especially daytime, think my maid overused the pacifier on him during daytime when he not asleep too. I told my maid she is partly responsible. Now he is getting used to no pacifier when he sleeps.

funny, very simple throw away all pacifiers, then u won't be tempted to give in. In fact, i got 2 brand new avent orthodontic pacifiers which i bought recently, going to sell away. Anyone keen?

Tiny, huh really huh....juz let tat throw all away...dunno Summer will can't sleep or nt...Samuel can sleep w/o it initally...if can't sleep how?

Mummies,
GUG trial confirmed to be on the 26th oct (sunday)at 2pm. I need the following particular for the trial:
1. child's name
2. child's date of birth
3. mummy or daddy's name
4. contact number
pls pm me
happy.gif

yoki,
noted that you are on the waiting list
happy.gif

GUG Trial( for 8-18mth):
1.Corrine
2.Phoebe
3.Corrine's Friend
4.Peapod
5.Florence
6.Nate (if in the afternoon)
7.bb_piglet (cant do 19/oct)
8.darmae
9.Funny76
10.Irene
11.Poohwei (prefer after 11am, cant do on 12/Oct..hehehe)
12.magoo

waiting list :
1. yoki

pacifier weaning:
My earliest childhood memory was when my mom was weaning me of my pacifier. She placed my pacifier outside our kampung house after coating it with sugar, so the next day it was covered with ants. I cried when I saw it and immediately refused my pacifier hehe.

blue & voice, my girl also eat the beef lah, but small quantity, so the meat on the bone or ox tail already enough for her, no need to buy extra beef for her, haha

funny, I clean her teeth with a wet cloth, hv not introduce brush yet.

hi again everyone, im back home at last. my girl was so happy to see me.
but i cannot carry her cos both groins were cut and hurts like hell.

the doctor could not reach the blood vessel that had leaks, after 6 hours of trying, cannot.

now the only other option is to cut through my eyebrow. but i dont want to go through it again, its really a terrible experience going through GA, regaining consciousness, moaning and unable to breathe or mve and the docs all didnt understand that the tube down my throat was choking me. Then to lay flat for 6 hrs and getting the worst backache ever, awful.

now its a matter of checking for the eye pressure and whether i lose any vision.

i shd've known that it wouldnt work. so many bad omens....2 glasses broke on Saturday, in the hospital, they had to poke my arms at 3 diff locations but stilll couldnt get an IV through...the moment i stepped into SGH, i got my period...haiz....all that suffering for nothing.

atinarin, they released you out of hospital so fast?! i can imagine the regaining consciousness after GA part. went thru that after undergoing a removal of an infection on my buttcheek. throat felt so dry and i felt so weak and helpless.

hope you're recuperating well, i'm sure the smile of your girl will cheer you up a bit, if not a lot
happy.gif

Back