(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

Tinsel_elf

me busy la.. a lot of meet-ups with suppliers and conference calls to germany..

Gathering
where? when? let me know
happy.gif

Those who have been to Jacob Ballas Children Garden, any idea how long we would take to explore? I've oso heard comments that it is more suited for older kids, izzit true? Thinking of bringing krissa there after SSO BB Prom on 05.12.2008. before her followup wif doctor in the late noon.

eliz: when are u leaving for HK? Eat more more, shop more more, spend more more!!!

nor: how's house hunting?

irene: u taking over angeline's role as spree queen? hehehhe....

Update on Krissa: think her wound gets itchy as it is healing, thus my poor girl scratched till it bleed. hubs will be bringing her to doc tmr, hopefully her wound will heal well. meantime, she's still as active & playful.

Tinsel
HKG Trip: 4th - 8th DEc
happy.gif

Oh my, K scratched her wound till bleed?? No good ah, got cream to stop itch??

KRANJI "LONGKANG" FISH FARM seems fun!!

<font color="ff0000">For gathering</font> – I can’t do it on weekdays, at least til Dec. I have 4 days leave to clear but reserving 1 for Lissy’s Kindergarten Orientation and another for Wairah’s MMR, which I have not re-schedule yet.
Saturdays are best for me.

Hort Park – what activities to do there? Never been there la

<font color="aa00aa">House Hunting</font>
Price is very tempting ~$350K compared to my buying price of $196K!
I need to settle some legal matters before I want to sell my current flat.
I can’t afford to buy now.. not until the price dips next year, or so my agent says.

Tinsel_elf
Glad Krissa’s still active despite the itchy phase of healing..

eliz: ya, the fish farm does seems fun!!!

nor: hort park...never been there too. one super big playground wif various themes? for ur house, wait lor, price will sure dip further given the gloomy economy ahead.

Jacob Ballas: No one's been there?? Everybody's bz? Where's all the other mummies???

ok ladies!!

gerber is on the way!!!!!!!!!
as expected!!! rate was 1.54 for both shipping and the gerber itself..
sad.gif

so much difference from what we used to get it from !!!!!!!!!

will email you gals the breakdown. let me know if there is any problems
happy.gif

Cheers
irene

Hi mummies..

Its been a tough week for me!! As usual, Aaliyah is still crying like crazy in her infant care centre. Im getting a bit worried cos the teachers told me she refused to eat, drink milk or sleep..Now my in-laws are telling my hb to throw the towel cos they cant bear to even imagine their grandchild would be crying like crazy. Next mth my mil is quitting her job so she float the idea to hb to look after aa. The problem is im not keen with the idea at all. She is so spoilt in my in-laws' place. They treat her like a queen..there is nothing she cannot get..everything is ok..I realy dont want her to end up there. Hmmm...life can be pretty hard sometimes!! Im so so so stressed!
sad.gif
TOday she didnt go to school cos now having running nose..I reali wish she can start being independant and stop crying in school. It would make everyone realli happy..

I am so tired..every weekdays i will send her to the centre and see her cry and go to work with such a heavy heart. Then at work i will think of her and call the centre up after a few hrs and usually i can hear her cries thru the phone. Then i will rush to pick her up (her centre is reali far away). Takes me ard 45 mins to fetch her and another 30 mins to reach home. Once i reach home, she will cling to me like there is no tomorow and i cant do much..even when i change
clothes she will sit down and look at me..then when i eat, she will be sitting on my lap..then i will have to play with her until she sleeps around 10-11pm..Gosh! I am reali tired! Do u all feel the same way? Then the next morning, everything starts all over again. Sorry i had to vent out!!

Hi Zinta,
Hang in there!!! I can understand how stress &amp; sad u feel everytime AA cries for u when u leave the centre. But if u throw the towel now, it'll be even more difficult the next time u want to put AA back to childcare. Kids are smart, they know how to attack their parents' weakness. Maybe u can try to psycho her on how nice it is to have friends to play wif, new things to learn etc. Think there are books &amp; info on net on separation anxiety &amp; how to make kiddos feel better abt school.

Its very natural for grandparents to dote on their grandchildren but I think ur hubby has gotta understand y u would prefer ur mil NOT take care of AA. Its important that ur hubs is ur ally. Only then can he get the message across to ur mil.

Grit ur teeth &amp; hang in there!!!!

<font color="0000ff">Zinta</font>
This is my 2 cents worth.
I understand its difficult for you now as Aaliyah is not really cooperating in the current day-care arrangement. But do not succumb as what Tinsel had said; it will be far more difficult to re-start again.

I fully empathized on how you feel and your concerns about grandparents taking care of Aaliyah. Again, your hubb plays an important part here to provide support for you. It’s not easy, talk it out and I hope things will fall into place for you, soon and steadily
May I suggest that for now what you can do is bring her to places where there are lots of kids to play and slowly retreat to let her play on her own. Fidgets and the Explorer Kids are places where the indoor playground will attract some interaction even if you don know the other parties to start with.

If you need some company to go to these places, you’re welcome to join Irene and me, we’re planning to meet up for play date with. Aaliyah can play with Kaelyn and Wairah.

Oh, you can sms me 9747 5955. I’m taking Wairah for a trial class at Tumble Tots Jurong East this Sunday morning. Where do you stay?

<font color="aa00aa">Irene</font>
When?? 22 or 29?

Tumble Tots trial
Anyone wants to join Wairah and me for class this Sunday 10.30am at Jurong East centre?
It’s a once-a-week weekend class which involves parent participation.
You can call the centre 6897 0413 to book a slot.

Quote from the website “This class is for children who can walk confidently. With parental participation, the confident walker is now encouraged to climb, jump, roll… and other elementary physical activities that help stimulate body awareness.”

http://www.tumbletots.com.sg/tumble_tots.html

Nor/Irene
22nd go where?? Can megan join? Haaa..

Zinta
Hang in there. I hear already also wanna cry..
But if you strongly believe this is good for AA, then you must stand firm.

Ladies
I just came back from Expro, Crocs sale.
Its so crowded but so worth it.. Most shoes were going for like $20-25!!
I bought 6 pairs and half are for megan. hahahaa..

Eliz
That’s a good buy for crocs shoes! Especially for adults size…. I still can’t believe I spent $59 but its damn comfy la

22 Nov
we still don’t know where to go.. of course Megan can join K and W.
Have you gals been to Disney café at Anchorpoint?
We can let them play at Ikea’s playground after that..

Nor
Yes, very much so!! I just bought 1 pair for myself coz cldn't shop longer.
I sneaked out during lunch and had a 3 hrs long one.

Is there such a cafe?? hahaha.. I'm so mountain turtle.
Fine with me.. Just keep me in the loop
happy.gif

Nor
I got that for Megan!! haaa.. Planning to go back tmr to get one for myself!

Hmm, ofcoz not the latest models.

I didn't managed to shop much as i went during my lunch time.

The crowd is scary!! but for $25 a pair, its worth it.

I had to buy more to cover my efforts. hahahaa..

yah surely must buy more, bo hua man if queue for hours to pay for 1-2 pairs.. waste time

thinking of the mad crowd is such a turn-off la and parking at Expo is a test of crank course and patience..
see tmr i free to go down with the girls or not. if go early hopefully not that bad.. what time u going?

Nor
If i'm going, shd be early morning like 10am??
That was what i thought and so bought 6!!
I got extras lar.. Size C6/7.

eliz,
i went to the crocs sale too! got a bit carried away, think i bought more than 10 pairs (mostly for C, 4 for myself...) too bad they ran out of sizes for some of the designs i liked (maybe lucky, else i'd have spent more!) the queue is crazy, spent 1 hour shopping around, 1.5hrs queuing to pay! but worth the amount paid...

nor,
sales are from 14/11 till 16/11 10am to 8pm. heard that they have new stocks coming in tomorrow, so might be worth it to go down... but be prepared for a loooooong queue. i love the mary janes, so cute (tempted to go down again...)

thanks shymz.. i'm stil at home now.. have a bday party at noon and can only go after that. mayb i park the girls at home and head down on my own.

Nor
I just heard from my GF there's a HUGE Q just to go into the hall.
So glad i went yty ah! But they are still replenishing stock..

irene,
aiyah, didn't know u wanted the crocs... nvm, if i manage to psycho my hb to go down again, i sms u, keke
happy.gif
want to get the mary janes in more colours....managed to grab 3 yesterday (still on a high after the shopping spree)
still want to get my celeste suede...

eliz/shymz/irene

i didn't go today.. after attending bday party i was so drained by the afternoon heat, i went back to nap with lis while wairah played with me helper..

dono if stil got mood to go tmr after wairah's trial class..............

nor : ermmmmmmmm.. if i were u... i wont even bother to go...the queue.... is............................................ (no comment)

the queue was .....

ermmmmmmmmmmmm u ladies know the game ladder snake rite... IT WAS WORSE THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! mr spy went " I rather pay the extra marni and u get from dept store" hauhauhuahauha it was that TURN OFF!

irene,
i just transferred payment for the gerber stuff to you.
aiyah, forgot u stay around that area. when's the gerber loot arriving? want to collect from u when i go down east area

Back