(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

wonder baby
poor thing, i dun believe in chicken pox vaccine, cos i had encounter many ppl with vaccined still had it. only helps to minimise the symptoms. i think got to stop BF if u are taking the med acyclovir. Take care and drink lots of water.

sgn
the dr only gv me anti histamines. feeling a bit heaty now. last time when i was young, my classmate had chicken pox and i purposely go near her hoping to get it..but i nvr..now so old already and with vaccine, i also dont know where i got it from

wonder_baby,
Poor thing. You still need to take care of Chole now right...It must be tiring.

I remember I got it in Primary 6, and it was quite tiring. I was almost sleeping the whole day. Drink lots of those cooling water...will help with the heatiness.

hope you get well soon.

wonder baby
it's like that one will get chicken pox 1st and the next time will be herpes zoster. it's due to low immue system.

janet
thx yup hv to take care of chloe. she was super cranky earlier coz she didnt want her morning nap. now zzz oredi

sgn
what's herpes zoster? shingles? i noticed my immune system is also quite low

today bring Javen to Jurong east library to v\borrow some books then head down to the mac at sci centre for lunch. saw theres another water playarea but need to pay to go into the sci centre and then the water playarea. very temnpted to go in but cos near to Javen nap time so didnt go. just let him play ard outside the centre instead. the weather is a killer today. i was almost soaked thru with sweat after running ard with Javen.

sgn
i went to buy the hou cao san on sat too. bought it at compass pt. bought 2 sets (equivalent to 2 pack of hou ning). $158. so now i'm a member too cos just last week, i bought 2 pack of hou ning n a few pack of bao yin dan.

wonderbaby
take care hor..heard if got shingles, will be more terrible than chic pox. remember dun scratch urself. after recover can appply whitening cream to lighten the marks if u not breast feeding.

thanks cheezel
how to prevent shingles? so far quite lucky coz only 1 on my face which is juz under my ear so cannot see

mummies
re: toilet training
how can i retrain my girl to use the potty? she is rejecting the potty. when i get her to sit on it, she will not poo or urine

re: rice
what kind of dishes can i cook for my girl to eat with rice?

thx

wonder babý
i aso dunno how to prevent shingles.

Re: rice
theres many dishes u can come up with...steamed/fried fish, steamed egg (can mix with chopped carrot, minced pork etc), steamed minced pork with mushroom, beancurd with minced meat and egg, soup (carrot potato soup, chicken soup, all kind of soup....) javen loves soup and he always request for soup when having his dinner.
In fact, i think our kiddos can eat what we are having for meal now. sometime, i just cut the vege, meat etc into tiny pieces for him.

Re: potty training
not too sure also le. how abt geting those cute potty to arouse her curiousity?? get those pretty ones and get her to sit on it??

wonder_baby

oh gosh, sorry to hear about yr chix pox! I'm sooo scared of getting that (though I've gotten it when I was 18). then how if chloe sticks to you? Must be worrying. hope she doesn't get it. Take care...

sgn

shingles sound scary. i heard it's painful coz it attacks the immune system rite? Urgh...

cheezel, nellu

yesterday we went to the zoo! Hubby's cousin had free passes so we tagged along. Weather was hot but the zoo was so shady so wasn't that bad lah. Adam witheld his sleepiness till about 4.45 pm! He slept during the polar bear feeding. If not, this boy really can tahan not sleeping man... tsk tsk..

Wonder_Baby
Hope you get well really soon...Meanwhile, got anyone to help you out to look after Chloe?

I also took the vaccine lei...oh dear...I hope mine will work for the rest of my life.

As for dishes to make for your gal...it's very much like what Cheezel has mentioned..other than that, you can steam veggies (chopped finely), make potato patties (requires more effort & time though), steam pumpkin (sweet & nice to eat!)...

Smalldreams
You must have taken alot of nice pictures at the zoo..can post on your blog share with us.
happy.gif

Janet
Jonas had the jab on his thigh.

cheezel
thanks for the dishes suggestions. when javen shares your food, what abt the salt, soya sauce, etc?

smalldreams
ya she still sticks to me like glue and wants me to carry her..no choice.can only pray she will not get it..but she keeps pointing and touching my spots and say 'eeee..'

Springdance

I didn't take much pics - it was hubby. He used his 14 megapixel camera which Im not keen on, coz always gotta resize before uploading. Will let you ladies know when I finally get around to uploading them
happy.gif

For about 45 mins in the zoo i didn't let adam get off his stroller, coz i know it'll be hard for us to contain him after that. True enuff he ran all his might, zoomed here & there once he was out and refused to sit back in there! Hmph. he only went back to stroller after the water play/ dry play area.

btw, the zoo was crowded yesterday. I think it's the school hols. If not,shouldn't be so crowded. Adam enjoyed the animal show too. he had a fun curious time looking at the animals climbing on rope above us. hehe.

Wonder_baby

For me I'm not too particular abt salt, soya sauce etc. I just let adam eat. As long as not spicy. Oh btw, someone let him taste some seafood and he broke up in rashes on sat night! Sighs. we brought him to GP who prescribed some oral med, and he's fine.

Btw, Wonder_baby, don't eat soya sauce when u got chicken pox k? I heard that'll make the marks take longer to go away.

Today is 2nd time I place Adam at my IL's place full day coz both hubby & I gotta work. TOmorrow my folks will be back from their holiday so, yeahh...

springdance,
thanks for the info.

smalldreams,
I was lucky that whenever i brought my girl to zoo, she will be in the stroller. If she refuses, I will distract her with all the 'animal' talk.

btw, did adam have his 18th booster on the thigh?

small dreams
how long u stay there? normally morn will be less crowded.

wonder baby
if we going to let javen have a share of the food....normally will be les salt or if its soup then we put gan bei instead of salt or soy sauce. but then abit of it is ok la....

CD
too bad the apple drop...hehe...jboy must have enjoy himself.

we going next week....hopefully the weather will be good.

CD

we were there from 11 am (first stop, KFC) and left at 5 pm. so about the same time u spent too :p

Janet, yups, jab was on thigh. Then the other thigh, pneumoccoccal. Hehe.

Btw I taught him to say "zoo". I'd ask, Where did we bring you to today? And he would reply , "Thooo!"

hehe.

cheezel
ya memeber more hua... btw ky's cough and running nose had stopped but contiue to give hong cao san cos can heard his stuffy nose. total gave 3 dose very ex hor.

cheezel
actually i tink jboy threw e apple .. banana at least there's abit length he dares to feed. But apple, too close to our hand:p

I tink the most enjoyable part is still e kids world. especially after all the walks ard e zoo
happy.gif

Cd
lots of kids at the kids world? now holiday....think the zoo will be vey crowded.

sgn
yeah. really exp. i bought 2ji which can be divided into 4 dose. left one more dose....Javen has almost stopped coughing n running nose but aso stuffy nose. today give him n see if recover, else prob will buy some more or give him bao yin dan instead for the stuffy nose

CD

Kidzworld - is fun, but is crowded! I can't imagine it on weekends.

Wonder_baby

So cute
happy.gif
Has chloe started talking proper?

sgn

So when we meeting for lunch huh? hehe, always got something on rite..

smalldreams
she still mumble jumble a lot..but she has been combining 2-3 words.
what time did you bring adam to the zoo? i've not brought chloe before..coz mornings hv to bathe her, get her to poo, cook n feed her..then 3pm she'll nap till 5pm.

wonderbaby

i brought adam to zoo at around 10 plus. He really can tahan without nap till 5 pm! Usually I play by ear, and let adam go and see how things are. but i feel safest when i'm out with a stroller so should adam need to sleep, he can just sleep in the stroller.

I've not started toilet training. but yesterday at 3 pm, realised he hasn't peed! so maybe it's time. Personally i think quite hard to train to poo leh. It comes, unpredicably rite? ehhe.

smalldreams
wow..he nap at 5..then what time did he sleep that night?
he can tahan his pee! chloe's bowel movement is normally in the mornings. today she surprised me by pooing in the potty. but hv not started for urinating.

Christmas in the Tropics
Orchard Rd - Marina Christmas Lightup 15 Nov 2008 - 2 Jan 2009 Fr 28 Nov, Every Fri, Sat & Sun (7pm-11pm)@ Orchard Rd: Sweet Family members will hand out free candy and take photos with shoppers.
Sweet-making demonstrations in the sweet huts along Orchard Road. Roving drummer band.

Barney & Friends at IMM, 25-30 Nov 2008:
1pm & 7pm weekdays.
there's an extra afternoon show for weekend (will check the poster again when i go back)

Sesame Street LIVE Show
Marina Square, 22 Nov-7 Dec
Tues-Thurs: 1pm & 7pm
Fri-Sun: 1pm, 4pm & 7pm
Meet-n-Greet for first 40, no purchase required.

A Very Barney Christmas
ALL showtimes: Tue-Fri: 1pm & 7pm; Sat & Sun: 1pm, 4pm & 7pm IMM, 25-30 Nov Lot 1, 2-7 Dec Plaza Sing. 9-14 Dec BT Panjang Plaza, 16-21 Dec Meet-n-Greet - Spend $30

Mr. Men & Little Misses
ALL showtimes: 1pm, 4pm & 7pm
Anchorpoint, 21-23 Nov (Meet-n-Greet only) Centrepoint, 25-30 Nov Causeway Point, 2-7 Dec Compass Point, 9-14 Dec Northpoint, 16-21 Dec Meet-n-Greet - Spend $30

Winx Club: Enchantix Christmas
United Square, 28 Nov-14 Dec
Showtimes at 2pm, 5pm & 7pm (No shows on Tues) Meet-n-Greet - Spend $30

Hello Kitty Show
ALL showtimes: Tue-Fri: 1pm & 7pm; Sat & Sun: 1pm, 4pm & 7pm Junction 8,
25 Nov-7 Dec Tampines Mall (L4), 9-21 Dec Meet-n-Greet - Spend $30

Pooh & Friends
Takashimaya B2, 28 Nov - 8 Dec
1pm, 3pm, 5pm & 7pm
*No show on 2 Dec

Transformers LIVE!
Takashimaya B2, 9 Dec-14 Dec
1pm, 4pm & 7pm

Power Rangers
ALL showtimes: Tue-Fri: 1pm & 7pm; Sat & Sun: 1pm, 4pm & 7pm Bt Panjang Plaza, 2-7 Dec Junction 8 (L3), 9-14 Dec Meet-n-Greet - Spend $30

Precious Moments LIVE! Show
Suntec City, 5-14 Dec
Mon-Fri: 1pm & 7pm
Sat & Sun: 1pm, 4pm & 7pm
*No show on 9 Dec
~ Fun with Bubbles - Mon-Thurs: 3pm, 4pm & 5pm

Meet & Greet with Dora the Explorer
Parkway Parade, 28-30 Nov (Dora & Diego); 2-7 Dec (Dora) *NO Shows Tue &
Fri: 1pm & 7pm Sat & Sun: 1pm, 4pm & 7pm Meet-n-Greet - Spend $30

ANG MO KIO HUB has the following:-

Bubble Blast & Snow Sensations

28 Nov to 25 Dec, Mon to Thu - 8pm
Fri to Sun & PH - 6pm & 8pm
L1, Main Entrance

Come and have a ball of a time frolicking in the bubbles and snow! Open to kids of all ages, including those who are young at heart!

Showtimes subject to change/cancellation due to weather conditions.

Looney Tunes Christmas Carnival Meet & Greet

5 to 14 Dec, Mon to Fri - 1pm & 7pm (no show on Tue) Sat & Sun - 1pm, 4pm & 7pm B1, Exhibition Hall

Christmas Holidays will never be the same again! Your favourite Looney Tunes friends, Bugs, Tweety and Sylvester are coming to AMK Hub's Christmas Carnival!
Enjoy the high energy fun and games with the Looney Tunes stars and don't miss the photo-taking opportunity during the Meet & Greet!

Limited seats per session. Admission on a first-come, first-served basis only

wonder baby/ smalldreams
shingles usu chinese call it 'snake' it's due to low immue and catch the virus. like cheezel says it's more painful then chicken pox.

cool daughter
thx for the info

sgn
ohh..shingles is the 'snake'.
how long does it take for the blisters to start drying for chix pox? cant wait for mine to dry off and the anti histamine makes me so groggy tht i snapped at chloe when she doesnt want to nap this morning
sad.gif

CD

thanks, but now the problem is whether i can get out of the house with adam. hehe. usually just switch on thomas and friend for him on tv. hehe. bad mummy :p

wonder_baby
he slept again by 9 pm. phew. I knocked out too. so tired!

Cool_D
Jordan boy very daring hor...feed the big big elephants..I think if it's my boy, he will probably tug onto me closely like a koala bear. kekek...

Smalldreams
Then I think you might as well load in facebook...no file size limit...just upload...super easy.

Adam can sit 45mins in stroller...that's VERY good already.

Wonder_baby
I am letting my boy have rice soaked with soup for dinner. Lunch is still porridge. But very sad to say, he's really slow with rice...can take like one hour to finish one small bowl. His weight gain is very slow and he's quite petite in fact...Signzzz....

springdance

hey, mind sharing what Jonas' weight is? did you match it against the graph in health booklet? I saw Jonas' pics, I thought he doesn't look that small leh... Ok what
happy.gif

Adam is 11.5 kg, height, i think less than 80 cm. Short or not? hehe. compared to Josh & Jordan who are tall!

I also let adam eat rice soaked with soup sometimes. but other times, I just feed him rice (dry) with chicken etc. Don't worry Springdance, I think at least jonas finishes his meals. Adam will scoot off to play after 4 -5 spoonfuls. He even burps! Burping is a sign he's full already rite.

smalldreams

Adam should be more than 80cm ba? the last time i saw him, he seems tall. Javen 85cm at 12.6kg. so Adam should be in the ok range. i didnt match the graph le.

SD
dun worry....Jonas may grow to be like his daddy.

wonder baby
takes around 2 wks to dry up.
can u stand not taking the anti histamine?

smalldreams
ha ha we also trying to toilet train ky, now he know how to tell us when he wants to poo poo but sometimes it's just false alarm or we are wondering is he trying to tell us he wants to pee pee????

sgn
2 weeks! that's still a long way
sad.gif

i didnt take the anti histamine this morning. will take later nearing chloe's aft nap and at nite
chloe also says 'mm mm' when she urines. then i ask her shh shh or mm mm then only she replies shh shh..think she is confused between poo and urine

sgn

eheh well there's no short cut to toilet training :p

wonder_baby

cheer up ok! 2 weeks will pass by fast.... (thru chatting here..hehhe). Do you have a helper while u're unwell? From what I can remember, I didn't take any oral med at all when i had chix pox. All I had was calamine lotion. To make it worse, my PC broke down and i had no access to the net. Suffered!

smalldreams

ha ha ha.... ok i shall ask ky tonite to tell mummy want he wants shh shh ok.....

as for meeting up for lunch:
my lunch strictly 1-2pm and got to be back to office on time cos i'm running a clinic, customer waiting... ha ha ha.

sgn

oooohh..r ya a doctor? hur hur hur :p

I took half day leave today. Went to airport to fetch my parents & sis who just got back from a 10 day holiday in spain! *envy*

adam, with less than 1 hr of sleep earlier, had a fun time running around. at first he was a bit blur and tripped and fell..heeheh..but after that, full swing running around!

Smalldreams
Jonas about the same height as Adam...but hor, he's only 10.6kg....small size rite? Haizzz...

Cheezel
I sure hope Jonas will take after his dad in terms of physique when he is older...he so small-sized now...look more like a DiDi to Javen.

Been quite "Fan Niao" about his lousy appetite actually...I was sharing my woes on this in Apr thread.. :p

<font color="0000ff">Janet, Nellu, Cheezel, CoolD and Mum at Work</font>

Have collated the feedback from all of you. Seems like everyone is OK with the meetup on 8 December, next Monday.

So here's the confirmation details:
Date: 8 Dec, Monday
Time: 10.30am
Venue: Sol Playground Cafe at Turf City (200 Turf Club Rd, #01-21)

Have made the table reservations under my name...so just quote my name when you arrive and the waiter will show you to our table.

Seeya all next Monday!
happy.gif

Spring dance,
dont worry so much lah...I used to be like you, very worried about my girl's appetite. But i realised that if i feed her until fat fat now, she sure wants to loose weight when she grows older, so what for. so now, I concentrate on her calcium intake only, and gives her supplements (as and when I remember:p).
stay happy ok?

SD
yeah...agree with janet. as long as jonas is eating well then ok liao....doesnt matter it take how long....my mom also tell me not to feed javen till fat fat else next time need to go slim down.

in fact, alot of pple tell me javen looks mature ....many pple ask me if he is 2-3 yrs old when they see him. so young look so "chao lao".......look like his daddy. hehe

SD,
thanks for organising.. and to the rest of the mummies, thanks for accomodating my time! Josh is difficult when it comes to sleeping. We really have to protect his sleep, o/w he'll fall sick and also get over hyper and over cranky.

abt Jonas' eating, i heard that multi-vits with lycine will help to boost appetite. have you tried? I dun really have much suggestions except my cold-blooded, hard hearted treatment: when josh refuses to eat, i take away the food. no snacks no milk to supplement. only will give food at the next feeding time. hehehe...works most of the time. but recently Josh also gets picky abt his food.

I did, however, from the beginning, insists on certain good habits at meals, which i still continue till now. and I take away the distractions when it's mealtimes...i find that it helps.

wonderbb,
oh no. chix pox...better take care! is chloe vaccinated against it? hope it works...if not if she gets it then can be rather troublesome...but then again, get now better than get later..

btw, Josh got chix pox when he was only 5 mths old... wasn't that tough to take care of him, except trying to stop him from scratching!

2 weeks is a safer gauge. most pple by 1-1.5weeks would have recovered from chix pox liao..but usually dr will advise to stay quaratined for 2 weeks so that the virus will be completely cleared.

smalldreams,
i also sangat envy your parents and sis!! I had wanted to go to Spain with my gf 2yrs ago. had to cancel the plan when i found out i got preggy with josh...
sad.gif

neber mind...i'm gunning for Geneva next yr...fren getting married...good time to go holiday!
happy.gif

cheezel,
hmm..from your photos, javen does look like a bigger tod...maybe it's cos he's got a lot of hair??

nellu
i also did insist on certain good eating habits like no toys during playtime, sit in a high chair to eat etc...but its a bit diff cos my mil is the maincaregiver and she always let javen has his way.....now she even allow him to run ard the whole hse while having his meal. only when i blow my top at javen, then she quickly put him in high chair....now if javen run ard, then she will put him in high chair but he still play with toys. if i;m feeding him, i will be done with his feeding in 15=20mins time. but if mil feed, will be 30-45 mins. i just close one eyes......

dunno le....prob ba....heheh...prob next time i shave his hair off...hahhaa....

Re:talking
javen recently can form simple sentence like " Mi Mi buy Guitar"...."Dad Dad naughty"...."Dad Dad drive car car" etc......

cheezel
when you steam tofu with meat for javen, is the taste bland? thought of steaming for chloe but scared she will not like

nellu
my blisters doesn't seem to be drying up.
sad.gif
chloe has been vaccinated and i'm also hoping she wont get it. the scratching part is what i'm afraid of. cause i cant even get her to stop scratching her mosquito bites even when her skin is already bleeding. how did you stop josh from scratching?
wow! going to geneva! envy envy!

Back