(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

Hi Kate,

U may try to contact Karen. She used to be my confinement lady. She is quite popular & her schedule
is always quite pack... u can try your luck. Normally if she cant, she will refer her friends to take over.

Her contact - 81635259
happy.gif

dear all

i heard from my friend that babies more than 3 years should be wean on powder milk and given those pack ones. is it true huh?

they mention about milk cavatives on bb's teeth, esp when they drink milk to sleep, its not good..

any ideas on these?? :p

kindly advice

Joanne,
blur me, hb told me is antiboics for JK's soar throat.

HAPPY Teacher's day to Catherine and other teachers here
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Apologies but am searching for a Babysafe Mattress for baby.. Do pm me if you've any to let go, with the condition, dimensions, pictures etc.

Appreciate it lots and thanks! =)

Augleo: Sorry for the late reply...u should have sms me...nope....gp gave my younger son (@ 10 months and 17month) anti-bodtics for his uti and cough...

Catherine & mummies,

last wk, ch8 前线追踪 topic about tuition.
a pte tutor "tuitions not only meant for poor grade students, those in good grade they come here for higher level knowledge"

e.g. Sec 1 students ask for Sec 3 assisgnment
Sec 3 ones ask for A level standard.
this male pte tutor disclosed he earning at least S$50K annually.

Next day morning, the newspaper there is a topic about tuition again.
Statistic shown, more Singaporean parents are hiring pte tutor (1 to 1) for their 3 yo child.
Parents spending S$80 to S$100/hour on their 3yo phonic.

**if i don't spend on my child, she will feel left out**
**must 先苦后甜, next time my child will appreciate my effort**

Reading all these make me stress...hahaha!
single income in a household like mine, how much is enuff to "help" my children???
hope i won't b the one 打肿脸充胖子.
stressful parents & children!

Hi All,

Wondering if you have introduced toothpate with flouride for your kids already ? My gal is also an April 2007 kid and am trying to get her a suitable kids toothpaste with flouride. She can't tolerate even the slightest minty taste which she thinks is HOT !

Anyone has any recommendation ? Tried locally available Oral B, Colgate and Kodomo. All was rejected. sigh ...

hi Mummies,

I'm looking for Di Zi Gui classes for our 3-4 YO to attend.

Anyone knows where there's one at the west area?

pls PM me
happy.gif

Augleo,

Being a sch teacher, I can understand why students with tuition sometimes does better...cos nowadays, students' workload is very heavy couple with stressful liefestyle, most students are unable to concentrate in classroom. One-to-one teaching helps in this way. However, it also depends on how far the teacher is willing to go to help...I do know quite a no of teachers who teach half-heartedly...

Dear mummies, I am providing Weekend Chauffuer Service in a luxury 8 seaters MPV. Will be driven by myself. I can send your family to a location comfortably. Car seat and booster seat available for kid and baby. Pls sms me @ 90990650 or email me [email protected] to learn more. Limited slots available in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011.

I have 2 x 900g Karrihome goat milk 3-7 yrs old.
Letting go at $35 each, own collection or meet at Somerset.
Expiry 2012 Oct.
Interested PM me

I hv 4 tins of 900g Pediasure for sale as my boy change brand.

Letting go at $32 per tin but if u take all 4 tins then can sell at $30 per tin. Collection at buangkok mrt.

Vanilla favor expire Jan 2012 x3
Strawberry favor expire Sep 2011 x1

Serious buyer and no neg pls!!

Contact me via pm.. Thanks

mummies

I have v sad news. Cindy passed away this morning. I got this from her FB status:

Cindy had fought a good battle with lymphoma and passed away peacefully this morning in our home. She is privileged to have friends like you who made her short but beautiful time on earth a more memorable one.
Alvin Ng
Hubby

pri schl:
mummies, any1 has any thots or experience to share abt being parent volunteer in pri schl?

jus realize the the parent volunteer registration has started.
knowing being a parent volunteer can't secure a seat....

in year of pig 2007, alots of bb right?
ard 42,000??

trying to understand wat is 2A, 2B, 2C phases.
got 1A anot???
happy.gif

Hi! It's been a long time since I logged in. Don't know if anyone remember me?

Augleo: Wow! So fast thinking of P1 already ah? Which primary sch are you planning to send JK to? Anyway here're the phases:

Phase 1: For children who has a sibling studying in the sch

Phase 2A1: For a child whose parent is a former student of the school and who has joined the alumni association; or whose parent is a member of the School Advisory/Management Committee

Phase 2A2: For a child whose parent or sibling has studied in the sch; or whose parent is a staff member of the sch

Phase 2B: For a child whose parent has joined the school as a parent volunteer or whose parent is a member endorsed by the church/clan directly connected with the school; or whose parent is endorsed as an active community leader.

Phase 2C:For a child who is ineligible for or unsuccessful in earlier phases (usu. higher chances of getting in if staying near sch within 1km)

Phase 2C Supplementary: For a child who is unsuccessful in gaining a place in a school of choice at Phase 2C

Phase 3: For those who are not S'pore citizen or S'pore PR

All these information can be found in MOE website :)

hi Joanne,
yes, i'm residing @East.
i thot of visit the school n MOE website next yr but during the CNY period, keeps hearing parents w/older kids pouring lots of info to me. can't help to find out more info now.

hi fransea,
i do rmbr u
happy.gif

saw ur family photo in "drypers papa"
thks for sharing the phase info. so many cat.
will go in details in MOE website.

Hi augleo

So u will b putting yr child in nearby sch ma?
Which sch is near u? Me maybe put in nearby sch but still
Not confirm yet cos my hb gog to b posted to changi soon and I'm staying in west area sigh

Hi gals.. It's been a long time.

Many things had happened since the last time. Many new borns, and we've lost a dear friend.

Anyway, birthday coming soon and time to rack our brains yet again. Can't decide on cupcakes or a whole cake for cutting for G's school celebration. What do you think?

Sigh.. My friend also mentioned about enrichment classes. He said my kid will lose out in school coz she won't be on par with the other kids. This is the truth, but as a parent, I want her to enjoy childhood! Isn't it sad to be having tuition at 3yo? They should be spending time at the playground or doing crafts, etc. Am I being lazy? What do you think?

ya so sad..
sad.gif
life is so unpredictable..
sad.gif

ya lor..so fast our dearies is going 4 this year..
happy.gif
yeah!! :p

nowadays enrichment class is about playing also.. not that academic.. but not sure about the tuition you are talking about.. i sent my gal to I Can Read program - a program which teaches them from simple phonics to reading

i ask my gal if she likes, she say she likes.. i guess as long as they enjoy then will be ok ba..

Gene,
me too, thot of cupcakes or whole cake.
cupcakes easier? no mess, 1 each.
this yr, tot of celebrating JK's 4th b.day in his schl. if cfm, it will b 1st time.
since this is JK's 1st time...i was thinking wat if JK unwell on the celebration day...hw huh?
cake can't postponed right?

exactly! tat wat my frez told me...no enrichment class, my child will lose out in many areas.

as mentioned, during CNY i was "fed" some info. of pri schl...starts from pri 1 students will b segegrating elite ones n so-so ones.
so-so ones, they will adapt bo-chap attitude wor.

Jo,
enrichment classes are expensive to me leh :p
looking for gd n cheap ones. kekekeke!

Me not signing her up alot of classes la.. Hehhe just try lor.. Actually it's my hb wants de, not me.. He say It's time for her to pick up something instead of just going to cc.. Not enuff.. :p me look at those courses from community center , youngest is 5yo.. Also can't go have to wait til
Next year.. Haha :p

Ya, many of those enrichment centres are out to suck the blood out of anxious parents like us! I'm also trying to look around for some good programmes which are good, engaging and affordable. Prob phonics will be good since it teaches something really useful.

G attends this Chinese enrichment in school on Tues for an hour. Something like drama class but she totally hates it! She'll cry and insist her form teacher accompany her and that poor teacher has to stay back for an hour just for her. When I ask her why, she says coz she dislikes this Chinese teacher coz her breathe stinks. I wonder if that's something she made up, or the Chinese teacher's breathe is really that smelly, or the class is that boring. So I won't continue for the next term lor.

She's currently taking ballet, which she dreamt of, ever since she knows. She says she loves the teacher and she loves the dress. Well, simply said, that's nothing she doesn't like abt ballet, except tying a 'bao' on her hair coz she prefers it 'long long'.

She also mentioned she wanna attend gym and art classes. But nothing about 'learning' type. So I'm unsure if should send her to the phonics class. You know, not cheap, somemore have to pay registration, deposit, buy materials, etc.

Gene
Haha really ma?
happy.gif
yr gal so cute ;) u can try those community center. Might have affordable phonics class, at least if not good, then wont b so xin tong also :p just a suggestion la.. Ya my gal also always say she wants to join ballet.. But I haven't found one for her.. :p still considering arithmetic, art class for her.. All under community center one hahha :p

Gene & all,
hello, long time no see... time flies yeah...

I am not going to sign up any enrichment class for Ashton & Adeline... Let them 'play' 1st.. if they are really interested in anything, let them do it when they entre primary school

as for parent volunteering, if you are interested in any school, you should start now cos I heard you've to be a volunteer for at least 2 yrs.

not necessarily you must join the school as volunteer, be a HDB-RC member (active member)also can but at least 2 years.

For Ashton, Hb is an ex-Kwang Hwa Primary School's student but he lost all his report cards, he went to school to ask if they can find his record & he got a letter from Principal that it can be used to register Ashton when the registration for P1 start under Phase 2A1

hi lynn, long time no see.. :p

talking about primary sch, me chiam leh.. my old school was torn down long ago and my hb pri sch is not near us.. sigh..
sad.gif

oh must use report card to prove one eh? sigh.. mine dunno throw til where liao.. u so lucky leh.. :p no worries.. :p

Yeah, we are lucky. Just tried the luck, if cannot get in then it's still enough time for Hb to join RC member to get another school.

Jmon,

Ya, long time no see! We should arrange another lunch soon!

My hb was from Ai Tong, but unless we move back to Bishan area, I don't think so. My school now housed the Examination Board, coz it moved to be combined with Fuhua Pri in Jurong East as my neighbourhood aged. Another option is to enrol her in my step-daughters' school at Pei Tong at Clementi. Got direct entry I think. I don't think I'll do any volunteering work la. I heard both volunteering and donation do not guarantee securing a place leh. I find that too 'risky'.

Oh u shifted to the west side ah?! That's shows how long I didn't log in. Yeah, we shd do a lunch soon.

Abt volunteering.. Hb's colleague joined 福建会馆, shifted to Bishan & be a volunteer, yet still can't register her kid into Ai Tong.

Some I heard the schools will tell u straight that they have enough volunteered parents.. Not easy to be a kid these days.

Hi mummies,

Anyone with kids 4-7 years old interested to go for a Free music trial class at Serangoon gardens, burgley drive?? It's a new building called Lifestyle Hub if i'm not wrong.

Sending my twins there so thought maybe can meet some SMH mummies there to chit chat while my twins having the FOC trial.

Please pm me for more details like the map and school name.

Timing should be 11plus am.

Thanks

Hi Gene, r u from Pandan Primary?
I graduated in 1994, hw abt u? Where do u stay now?
Im still at Teban Gardens moving to BP in 2013... Hehe... Had send my application for my 2nd gal as PV in NYPS and got acknowledgment from them in March...

Hi to All Mummies,

Am looking for Enfagrow 1.8kg etc (Netherlands) bought from local stores, do let me know if you've any excess that you would like to clear off, would be keen to take all if the price's ok. =)

Pls PM me if you've any.

I wanna ask you all. Gladys kept pestering me to get her ears pierced. But was wondering where's a good place to get it done?

Gene,
it has been a month, Gladys gets her ears pierced? during my time, done in goldsmith shop
happy.gif

pierced in clinic will b safe?

mummies,
long time no meet
happy.gif

wanna to join us next Friday meet up?

Working mummies, any annual leave to clear? come and join us.

If can't take leave and u work near Raffles City, do come and say hi
happy.gif

mummies & toddlers meet up
date: 17 jun 2011 (Friday)
Time: 11:30am
Venue: Shokudo @Raffles City B1-44E
will meet at the playarea sitting.

Gene

My girl got her ears pierced done in goldsmith shop last year during Guan Yin Dan.
Her godmother brought her there and said is a good day to do ear piercing.
She didn’t cry and told me no pain.
1 of her ear got infected few weeks later, believe she keep touching the ears.
So bring her to see doctor and let them closed up.

Recently asked her whether she wants to do another ear piercing again, guess what? she says yes with no fear….faint!

So bring her to do another ear piercing at Power9, Northpoint.
No infection this time, 1 month later return to the shop to remove the stud and replace with silver earring.

You may try Power9 at Northpoint 3rd floor, they use ear piercing gun and charge $4 per ear for ear piercing and will give a small bottles of alcohol to prevent infections, very useful to prevent infections.
happy.gif

Hi, Just to share!

B*dazzle Jewelry - Professional Ear Piercing
Disposable cartridge ear piercing system prevents the spread of communicable disease. Specially formulated ear care solution prevents infection and hastens ...
www.bdazzle.sg/

Abt ear piercing, i brought her to Bdazzle on 17th May coz we were at Wisma. She was still in high spirits until she freaked out at the eleventh hour, while we were choosing the ear studs. Now she claims, "i'll pierece my ears when i'm 5 years old." Well, we shall see.

Back