(2007/02) February

JC,
your gals are big already.. hope u will have a boy for this pregnancy. i am hoping for a gal, but still the same olg words, healthy baby will do, boy or gal nevermind...

Hi starlite

I only experience sore breast only at wk 4-5 but nt now at wk 6.

Hi Bitbit, welcome!
This is my first time expecting.
happy.gif
I do hv change of taste. Last wk was hving vry good appetite but nt this week.

Koh,

Let's hope so...sometime just can't get what you want. Nevermind also lah...like u say most important healthy. Go for no.4 ...ha...ha... my hubby say he want to hv 4 kids. I nearly fainted he thinks so easy.....to go through 9 mths of pregnancy & to look after the kids.

JC,
good that your husband wan 4.. my HB onli wan 1, so this second is an unplanned one, he says after this one must ask doctor to "tied" for me.. this world is funny, those who wan, don get wat they wan, those who don wan, will get it.
i myself wan 3 kids, but financial wise, he say 1 enough...

JC,

My boy is coming 19 mos.

I am already 35 this year, and still having the 2nd child only. Quite late hor. I had a m/c b4..

i think hv to go for the amino test, I think they call it triple test but what are the 3 hv to go back and flip the brochure.

Hi bitbit and koh,

Dont think the pink pill is obimin.The pill is really pink in colour....somemore like those shocking pink one.

I took obimin for my first pregnancy. It's just a multi-vit. for pre and post natal. Think it will help with bb growth but dont think it will increase bb weight lor.

Anyway, my current gynae dont seems to favour obimin cos he said made in dont know thailand or phillippines so quality not so good. I also dont know how true is that.

He claimed that his multi-vit is made in USA. It cost me $8 for one-month supply.

Hi all,

Just want to do a poll here. Do you want to know the sex of your bb before birth?

I intend to keep the sex of the bb in suspense till birth. This is my 2nd child. I dont mind boy or gal seriously but I have a strong feeling that it will be a girl. Any other gals here got such feelings?

starlite,
your 1st baby is boy or girl?

For me I want to know the gender of the baby before birth even though I dun mind boy or girl, as long as the baby is a healthy baby. As i already have a boy, I hope for a girl for this round.

I used the old-wives method to predict gender of my baby also predict is a girl, juz for fun only lar.

Hi leomom,

Yep, i experience a change in taste bud and smell bud. i cant stand the smell of pple frying onions or garlic when i use to like it last time.

Hi starlit

I share the same feeling as bitbit, as long as bb is healthy. If we knw the gender early, cn grab any cheap sales clothing for bb too.
452608.gif

But i don't mind keep the sex of the bb in suspense till birth whn i am hving 2nd one.
452609.gif

Hi bitbit n JC..

Congrats n welcome!

This is my 2nd pregnancy..My first was a miscarriage early this year..Im 6 weeks plus now.

38 FUN WAYS TO GUESS UR BABY'S SEX:

It's a boy if:

You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the extra weight out front
Your belly looks like a basketball
Your areolas have darkened considerably
You are carrying low
You are craving salty or sour foods
You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
Your hands are very dry
Your pillow faces north when you sleep
Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
Your urine is bright yellow in color
Your nose is spreading
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles
You are having headaches
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number

It's a girl if:

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
Your left breast is larger than your right breast
Your hair develops red highlights
You are carrying high
Your belly looks like a watermelon
You are craving sweets
You are craving fruit
You crave orange juice
You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
Your face breaks out more than usual
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
Your breasts have really blossomed!
Your pillow faces south when you sleep
Your urine is a dull yellow color
You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number

Hi Starlite,

check this out, juz for fun.
http://www.motherhood.com.sg/tools/gender.asp

test it on your 1st baby's case, see if it was correct?

Starlite how old is your boy now? Mine iscoming 19 mos liao very noti one, was born in monkey year.

Charis, i also have 1 m/c before but that was few years ago. Was very very sad almost fallen into some mental unstability.. but then I successfully conceived my boy and delivered in 2004, now have to jia you for the next one and so happy after so long time of trying, finally preggy again last month. Hope this one is a safe one for me too...

koh, your chart of fact is really fun, keep me guessing ler
happy.gif

Nowadays I dun crave for anything, jus feel like vomitting when I think about food... can't stand even my favourite food. Juz now I bought a bowl of Yong Tau Hu, after sitting down, I feel like pouring out before even taking a mouth of it. Gotta take it bit by bit till I really cannot swallow...

Nowadays feel like my tummy expanding and my breast become bigger. Anyone felt the tummy cramp? I do have sometimes, so scare to see any bleeding.

As my boy everyday want me to carry I really scare at later part i cn;t carry him, I will feel very "nei jiu" leh..

Any1 shares the same expereince?

leomom u r funny, hahaha

U noe, I first glance thok your nickname was "lemon", then you were asking about "lemon candy", later I see clearer then I can interpret your name as "Leo Mom".

452703.jpg
Dun angry ok..

starlite,
think the soreness of my breast reduce quite a bit already.. ehem dunno why..

I would wanna know the gender for my bb, actually i dun mind which gender, but can do shopping earlier. :p I have a feeling is a boy even through both hb and myself would prefer ger ger.

hi bit bit,
This is my first bb. :D

I feel like I am getting night sickness, I feel neusea at nite and keep burping up to more than 10x when I wanna sleep.. so terrible.

HI JC,
yeap my friend already told me that this yr cny, she got the CL from Msia and it cost her $3K.. this is terrible.. anyway fortunately my mil will be doing confinement for me.

bitbit,

used the motherhood calender. Ehh....they predict my 1st child sex wrongly lah.

this one, they predict its a girl. My feeling is a girl. But then again, recently my feelings all going haywire, the things i guess are all wrong

So I may be having a boy afterall.
happy.gif

Hi ladies..

Haha..talking about gender..well..i jus had a dream last night, I have a baby girl..Haha..so will jus have to find out later if its true..But im ok with a boy or girl..but confirm not twins lah..only 1 sac..I tot i was having twins..haha..I told my hubby, then he was like 'what!!' Haha.

Starlite did you use your lunar calendar to age and month.

For eg you guess agar-agar conceive in English calendar June, you must got and find during that day is lunar calendar WHEN.

My one was predicted correctly leh.

Charis, just curious about twin. If see 2 sac means twin? I thok both the baby sharing the same sac? means 1 sac also can have twin? Which one correct har?

bibit,

aiyo..sorry lah...din know month of conception shd also be lunar calender. tried again. if thats the case, mine is a boy leh...

I thought I saw lemon too.......

Leomom.....
I guess as long as we eat in moderation everything is fine.

Icy,
for my 1st & 2nd is done by my mom. But for this one. she said huh...CNY ..later need to pray...
SO how.....aso dun know how.....

bitbit,
looks like we are the older ones
i think amino test is not tripple test. Amino test is i think they will poke a long needle into your tummy to check. (cho yang shui)....

Hi bitbit..

That's an interesting question..

I've ever read up..there are different types of twins..

Briefly..if i recall correctly..twins should have 2 separate sacs cos they separate first then implant on the uterus..But some twins seem to share the same sac..means they share the same placenta etc, then one have less chance to survive or will be underdeveloped..something like tat..

Hmm..let me find out more..better not deduce..

This is some info regarding TWINS. I got from a website..

There are 4 different types of identical twins, depending on the length of time after conception the fertilised egg splits. Each category generally relates to the number of placentas that develop during the pregnancy and the number of fluid sacs that surround the babies. The medical terms used to describe the different identical twin types combines the following syllables:
mono = 1
di = 2
chorionic = the placenta, as well as the fine membrane that lines the uterus, encapsulating the amniotic sac and baby(s).
amniotic = the fluid sac(s) the babies float in.

To describe the categories as follows:

Dichorionic and diamniotic. These types of identical twins develop 2 separate placentas and 2 separate amniotic sacs (similar to fraternal or non-identical twins). They generally occur if the fertilised egg splits before 3 days after conception.

Monochorionic and diamniotic. These identical twins share 1 placenta (monochorionic) but develop 2 separate fluid sacs (diamniotic). This is the most common type, accounting for around 75% of identical twin pregnancies and happens if the split occurs between days 3 and 8 after conception.

Monochorionic and monoamniotic. These twins share 1 placenta (monochorionic) and 1 sac (monoamniotic). This is the rarest type of identical twins, occurring if the split does not occur until 8 to 13 days after conception. Monochorionic/monoamniotic twins are associated with more pregnancy complications for the babies. These are discussed in health variations for multiples.

Conjoined or Siamese twins. In very rare circumstances, the twins do not split until the 13th to 15th days after conception. This leads to the babies themselves being physically joined together to some degree, as well as sharing 1 placenta and 1 amniotic sac (monochorionic and monoamniotic). The joining may just involve the babies skin on some part of their body (being easy to surgically separate soon after birth), or it may involve the babies sharing vital organs such as their brain or heart (making surgical separation more involved or not possible). These babies need to be born by Caesarean, with any proposed surgical separation being performed at some stage after they are born.

Acardiac twins. This is a very rare type of twinning that is similar to conjoined twins, except the babies share one heart. Separation may be possible, but the second twin cannot survive. However, the condition itself is also life-threatening for the first twin because of an overload on the heart trying to support both babies. This can lead to heart failure (in 50% of cases). Again, the babies need to be born by caesarean and any proposed surgical separation is performed at some stage after they are born.

The splitting of a developing baby to create twins is not possible once the pregnancy is more than 15 days after conception.

NOTE: Identical triplets are referred to as 'trichorionic' and 'triamniotic', meaning 3 placentas and 3 amniotic sacs. With different triplet pregnancies having various combinations of sharing placentas or sacs. If 2 babies are identical in a triplet pregnancy, they may share 1 placenta and/or sac, with the 3rd baby having their own placenta and sac.

mummies,
i want to do a chart for our prediction of gender for our babies .. compare when we are 4 mths preg, see if the calendar are accurate.. please update me.
thanx.

charis, learn alot, thanks..

My family no history of twins, so no chance of twin for me. One baby already very thanks to TOP already.

JC, u r having 3rd one then turn 35. Me now 35 already = 2nd baby only.

JC so u and me same age ah? which animal yr r u born?

leomom u 33 still young no need to do the amino test. I was 33 when I have my boy also. U born in Ox year?

bitbit,

me...."oink....oink".....

me dun mind twin but only saw one sac so shd be only one right.....

Yes bitbit, me born in the year of ox.
happy.gif
how old is yr boy boy now. mmm... can't image me coping w one in the tummy, another running here & there? oh...15min more to go... can't wait to go home. Me going back to make dao hu, prawn, veg soup. Hubby bought me a preg meal book. Share w u gals nxt week.
452898.gif

JC me also oink oink, hehehhe

but think my this one should be a doggy coz EDD before CNY next year hmm... and moreover my 1st one was taken out via c-sec, so this one probably also, if so then c-sec will be scheduled even one more week earlier than EDD, very high chance is doggy baby liao.

U all leh?

leomom, my son is coming 19 mos liao.

i am going to pick him up at the childcare now, I knock-off at 5.15pm, but today hb got OT not coming to pick me leh so I hv to pick my son by taking bus there.

leomom, dun makes me drool lah... got prawn eh,, yummy...

Here is one small pix of my son.
452906.jpg

Starlite, I have the gut feeling about the sex of the baby also.

I just got this feeling that it will be gal
happy.gif
My hubby also thinks will be gal
happy.gif

Hi all MTBs...

Initially tot i can join this thread as my last period started in end April...

I didn't have menses for May... tot maybe 'strike' le but 19th June week had brown discharge... n this week got clear discharge with streaks of brown... tested with Clearblue but was negative... den go GP hopefully can get answer the GP said its every normal for brown dischage n some serious cases even miss menses up to 6 months ask me dun go see gynae... he said even if i go gynae the gynae will prescribe the same medication he's going to give me now... he said, pregnancy kits if Negative CONFIRM negative... if positive, could be false positive... so he gave me medicine to 'let my hormones drop' to trigger menses...how?

Hapybaby, did the gynae do U/S to confirm that you are not preggie?

Cos if your LMP was end April, then you should be 8 weeks going to 9 weeks preggie now, should be able to see the fetus clearly, with heartbeat.

If U/S confirm no baby inside, then you can go ahead and take the medication to trigger menses
happy.gif

hapybaby,
The rates of false positive is very low, as compared to false negative... That's what I found out last time from journals.
Do watch out for ectopic pregnancy. A beta-HCG bloodtest is the most accurate to determine pregnancy. Last time when I had an ectopic pregnancy, I tested 4 positives and 2 negatives... So a negative does not 100% confirm it's a negative.

Hi Hapybaby,

I agree with Mrs Wong... Better be really sure before you start on the medication. The brown discharge might be spotting? How about trying another home test kit? Odd that the GP prescribed you the medication without even doing another test I think. I had a negative during the 1st week my period was late too. After 3 days when I re-tested, the line was sooooo faint I still couldn't be sure.

Good luck!

HI Mrs Wong / Lyn / Winnie...

thanks for your gals' response... i went to the GP but upon hearing i tested 'negative' he straightaway prescribed the medication to trigger menses for me... he said since the first day of my last menses was late April, its not possible for the test to show negative at this stage and he didn't do U/S or Pregnancy test for me too... so i asked if it is ok to seek gynae's opinion he said dun need, gynae will also prescribe the same medication for me... If preggie, could the brown discharge be 'spotting'? if implantation spotting normally take how long? thanks!

habybaby, some pple will spot throughout pregnancy. Implantation bleeding should have been over in a day or 2 and is usually v early in the pregnancy.

I have heard of pple testing -ve for various reasons. Safest way is to do blood test or U/S to confirm if preggie or not.

Maybe you wanna get another opinion. this time, dun mention you tested -ve, if they ask, just say haven test, would prefer to test at clinic
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Wong

Can I check with you, how much will Dr Woo charge for delivery? I understand the package price of $800 is for antenatal so when the time comes for delivery, there will be more charges right?

Also, does Dr Woo only deliver at TMC? Any other hospital that he is affliated with besides TMC?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi hapybaby..

I think u can try test again..if u test negative again then u should see a gynae..cos the spotting is kind of unusual..jus to rule out an ectopic..But dont worry, if u not pregnant..it maybe nothing..could be hormonal imbalance that sometimes happen..when there's stress or when u recovering for a bout of sickness maybe..

But its good u confirm with gynae n with an ultrasound..

Hi ValC.....thanks! How are you now????

Me was spotting on last wed and went to see my gynae straightaway! I'm same case as Charis, 1st one was miscarriage and hence, so worried over the last few days...was given injection and medicine and was asked to stay in hospital.....luckily its over. Can detect my bb's heartbeat....so ladies, must take care
happy.gif

Autum, depending on which clinic you see him at, for Northern Hope at PP, he got delivery packages that is inclusive of hospital stay. You can ask the nurse for a brochure, it is quite comprehensive.

For his Tiong Bahru clinic, I am not too sure how he charges
happy.gif
You can ask Mr Iceblue
happy.gif

He delivers at Mt A and TMC. He might also go to other hospitals, I am not too sure cos other hospitals are rather inconvenient for me so I din bother enquiring. You can call up his clinic to ask
happy.gif

Good morning ladies.. busy morning.
happy.gif
sneak in for a break.

bitbit, yr son is really cute.
happy.gif
U full time mommy?

Hi doggy, u take care too. Great, u r back!

Hi Charis, I will only be seeing my gynae nxt sat, which is 15July. mmm first time scan only see a sac, i thk this time shd see the heart beat.
happy.gif

hi leomum..

How many weeks along are u? At around 6 weeks u should be able to see heartbeat..but sometimes later..also depends on how well the gynae wants to use his ultrasound actually..or how good the ultrasound is..Cos I've seen 3 gynaes..diff gynaes have diff skills..

Back