(2007/02) February

jelly, ok lah..u can definitely afford to put on more lor. And I'm sure u will lose your weight very fast. Are u intending to let Ah Xi sleep with u in your room after mei mei is born? Isn't it gonna restrict your hub and you when u wanna do something R(A)? I know catz will say i perv again lah...but true mah hor?? :p

hahahahaha means your tummy also very big hor?? I tried to put on my husband's belt the day before and i can't even put it on lor. Whahahaaha

I agree catz granny's rest. sounds really good ya?

jelly, wanted to ask u. Are m'sians very particular about wanting a baby boy? I have this taiwanese friend who is having her 2nd baby now and it's scanned to be a girl. Seems like her PILs already told her to try again for a baby in 2 years' time. She not happy of cos lah cos she actually wanted 2 only. The MIL can even tell her tips on how to get a baby boy.

my mil recently asked me if we will want to have a 3rd baby. I flat out told her No, and i'm happy with having a boy and a girl. I think her plot is to have us move back to aussie so that she can play and look after her grandchildren lor. She keeps telling me to go over to melb whenever I'm free together with the 2 kids and just leave my husband here alone and that she will look after us. Walau...how can right. She also never tells me such things when my hub is ard.....I think my hub will flip if he knew lor.

my hub and i did joke b4 that we will just send the 2 kids over to melb for 10 years then after that take them back. hee hee but only joking lah......:p at least for now. hahahaa

btw, jelly....can do me a favour?

When the crazy8 stuff arrives tog with your bill, send me an sms with the total amt I owe u (including postages, shipping etc), your bank account name, bank account details ok? Cos i think i will just forward your sms to a friend to help me transfer the money to your account first just in case i'm too tied up. Sorry ya for inconveniencing you.

catz, this morning i was just telling hb that I am so round now
sad.gif
He said its ok, will be fine once I delivered. wow, famous grandma. I must go and try your granny's restaurant the next time I am in KL.

crabtree - usually before christmas, they will have sale for cardholders, last yr I think it was 30%, u can wait till then??

jelly, our EDD is quite close, I am 31 weeks now. I was not only around, I even helped to shift the furniture. My maid is pretty useless, initially she is supposed to help my hb but she is so slow, I asked her to go and watch over A instead.

milkie, what are some of your hb's stuff that u threw away? my hb hoards stuff too, he has car mags dating from 1997, where to find the space to keep all these rubbish?? I have similar problems as you. I have my evening dresses, winter clothes and bedlinens in the wardrobe that is in A's room. So I will need to clear some of these stuff and move them to the study room wardrobe which contains hb and my casual clothes in order to free up space for A's and meimei's clothes. I have absolutely no idea what are stored in the top shelves so really tempted to climb up and look at it.

On top of that, I need to clear the storeroom so that maid can move in.So many things to do, the thought of doing them already puts me off
sad.gif

jelly, if you spreeing with milkie hor, you gotta go and prepare pig's head already
happy.gif
Hahahaha...

cherry, crabtree is a lot cheaper online even with the international shipping costs. I cannot live without the la source and gardener's hand therapy.
happy.gif

milkie, yes chinese ppl like boys to carry on the family name lor. esp taiwanese who are quite traditional.

sigh... talking about my granny's restaurant makes me hungry too.. haha.. we eat all our lunches and dinner there whenever we're in KL
happy.gif

cherry, teach u a way to clear your stuff. Just find a day where u can dump A with your in laws or leave A with your hub to look after and then concentrate on the task of clearing stuff room by room.

Get the maid to climb up on the ladder and get the stuff that is in the upper shelves of the wardrobe which was what i did too. Just sit down on the floor and open up and throw things that u don't think u will ever use or have not even thought of using.

I threw a lot of his clothes, jackets and stuff that has not seen light since we moved here. I threw away stuff that his previous colleagues have given him as token of appreciations etc. I threw away books. Mags i have a habit of clearing our mags mthly so i have no problems with that. I threw or rather gave away some of my bags and shoes away to the cleaner. I also gave away some of my old clothes to the cleaner cos i think only she is small enough to fit into my older clothes.

my evening dresses, winter clothing, bridal clothes, and some of my bags my parents have helped me to bring back to indon so i have more space here.

cherry, u shd try to do the clearing up room by room but don't leave it too last min lah..else u get very pek chek. CLEAR the storeroom asap and get the maid to move in there....might as well get her used to her living quarters in future. hee hee

walau..catz u very evil leh. U must remember that u are dealing with a preg woman who has soooo many things to do leh.....very ke lian ok. Of cos i need reminders lah...

U know last friday i went out to meet a friend at novena square...and then u know what happened? When i was in the cab and reaching destination, i realized that my bag had nothing inside. Luckily i was carrying my hp with me cos i happened to be using it when i left my house. And thank goodness my friend already reached novena sq else i have to go back home to get the right bag lor. Super blur lor.....

catz, but my friend is the taiwanese lady but her hub is a m'sian. The guy's side the one who is insisting she has a boy .... I'm just wondering if she really cannot have a boy then what's gonna happen?

Cherryale..Hehe..Always hear u complain about the maid..she must be real jialat..haha..Yup try to clear room by room like milkie said..sometimes to throw stuff u must close one eye..and just THROW! Hahaha!

Thankfully we dont have much "rubbish" with us to our new place when we moved..cos I tried to pack n throw stuff thoroughly..but we didnt have enough time to pack everything..Anyway those stuff left behind in Bishan..my PILs were too helpful or too kan cheong for us to move out all the stuff so they can reclaim their space..so they helped us pack into boxes..then we realised so many rubbish inside lor..one day before the lorry came to bring the left-overs(our move was done in 2 separate occasions)..I went over to unpack n pack again..Extra work lor..was telling hubby we are paying the lorry to move rubbish into our new house..haha..was so fed-up!

milk milk, our plan is to move Xi and her meimei to the next room (which we are gg to convert to as kids' room) after my confinement. The room is not ready yet as we dun want to shift furnitures here and there now so gotta wait till after my confinement. So now we just try to let her use to sleep on the mattress first. Had discussed wif hubby, he still prefer to let her sleep on mattress instead of a bed cos he said it's safer! He scared his precious daughter will fall from bed. Told him can get bed rail but he insist loh. (*&&#@&@

Re: boy. I think most elderly wld prefer to have at least a boy in a family loh. My PILs are very fine and never asked me to try for another boy or watsoever. But my mum ha when i told her this time a gal again, she sound disappointed and immediately add on that nvm, can try again for a boy.
sad.gif
She even told my aunties they all that next time i will have a boy! *faint* I think this is not becos she favour boy more, just that she feels that a family should have a mix of boy and gal. She has been asking my elder brother to try for a gal (as he has 2 boys) and my 2nd brother to try for a boy (he has 2 gals).

Actually aust is nice mah.... can consider to migrate there next time. If we save enuf money next time, will consider to migrate there for retirement too. haha....

Re: crazy8. I will sms u when the stuff is here. Not worry u will run away lah, hehe....
happy.gif

Cherry, aiyoh.... pai tou lah, dun simply move things around. Leave it to ur hubby and whoever can help. If they can't do now, then wait till later.

milkie, i think its a chinese thing to want boys in the family. I have a colleague who has two girls, her mil gave her so much pressure that she is trying for 3rd one now even though the second girl is only 6mths old.

errrh, A has been sleeping with us since day 1 on our bed..we manage to have meimei..so nothing is impossible
happy.gif

my mil will tell me the opposite...two kids more than enough, dun even think of no.3..

charis, yah, just dun get me started on my maid, the list is endless. even my hb is typically quite slow also find her incredibly slow, so can u imagine someone like me who is rather impatient, can die of frustration.

jelly, unfortunately i cannot wait till later, if not I will keep thinking about it
happy.gif
cos I am pregnant and big and fat now, there are so many things that I cant do on my own, got to ask my hb to help, then its so difficult to ask him cos he will be either playing game, reading newspaper etc, must be like a broken record, keep repeating before he will move.

milkie, i think i should throw away his clothes too, packed them up and send them to salvation army. maybe i should bring my bridal stuff to my mum's plc, my previous wardrobe is almost empty except some of my mum's clothes. good idea
happy.gif

yah u are right, maybe i should clear the storeroom first. But this sat i have gynae visit, then sunday is A's class and we are out from 1 to 8pm, probably got to plan for the following sat.

Milkie, I prefer gal leh, I find boy too much for me to handle. Also, I've got name for gal but headache with name for boy leh.

Catz, Mdm Kwan??? Hahaha... My sil just went there for meal last week.

Jelly, you can afford to put on more wt. How did u manage to shed all 16kg???

Cherryale, I feel like a penguin recently with my bottom so big.

Giggler, I opposite.. prefer boy.. 'cos my boy is so much easier to handle
happy.gif
Hehe.. but agreed that it's not easy to find nice boy names.

Jelly, you too skinny la!

Charis, I also moved a lot of junk thanks to my hubby's packing method of not throwing anything away! :p

cherry, waaah you busy girl.. pls hor, take it easy, dun go into premature labour from all those exhausting activities and stressing over the maid k?

milkie, so we onz wednesday har? tutus a bit delayed.. she cannot dye some of the tutus the correct colour :p

Catz, your Beth is chilli padi mah. Hahaha........ I really have big headache now with boy's name leh. Thinking of changing name for Sher also cos pple always mistaken that as gal's name.

cherry ah..... u shd still try not to do all these moving thingy lah. I will be so mad wif my hubby if he only cares abt his interest! Last nite he suddenly go to storeroom to clear the multi-tier drawers.... He said he buay tahan the messiness!!!

Gig, how i shed all the 16kg ha? Painful way. When Xi was just 4th month, i kena appendicitis, gotta hospitalised and under the knife. That was the hardest period for me.... not only gone are my appendix but also i stopped bf Xi after the operation. Sad sad....

jelly, your hb has initiative, good for you. My hb will do it but just that he has to balance all these with other interests, so ended up I had to remind and remind and remind. very tiring. There are times when I do get angry and said forget it, we will not do it and started to do my own stuff. After a while, he will apologise and offer his help. So, maybe "lau hu bu fa wei" he is not scared
happy.gif

catz, that's cos timo is such a good kid, not all boys are like that.

gig, i also feel like a penguin and walk like a penguin at times,so ugly. honestly I feel much bigger this time round than when I was carrying A even though weight wise, its about the same. Think its the shape, its much broader
sad.gif
I cant wait to lose all these weight after I gave birth and buy a whole set of new clothes.

A was very cheeky, he put one ball underneath his t-shirt to imitate me
happy.gif
naughty boy.

jelly, ya, I rem abt your op now. So you more determined with bfg this time round?

cherryale, A so so so cute...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Same here leh, this preg makes me so much bigger and broader, really like a penguin. Really no mood to take any pic of myself at all.
sad.gif

cherry, I have very very very few pregnancy photos too.. too depressing anyway
happy.gif

SAHM gathering- tomorrow or next week? Next week's lagi better for me cos school hols

cherry, ur A is sooooo cute, imitate u preggie. My hubby will help if he could. But sometimes very frustrating when he kept forgetting the stuff i asked him to do. Then u shd "fa wei" so that ur hubby will be scared....
happy.gif

Gig, ya, i am more determined to bf longer this time...

Same here lei... did not take much photos for this preggie unlike the previous one.

milk milk... Saw YR's photos in the Facebook! Macam supermodel, all dressed so pretty pretty and sweet! Her uniform is unique! U embed her name to the uniform?

Hey SAHM mommies... PVL, Catz, milkie, Charis,

Tomorrow at my place onz.
- Playsession from 930am-11am
- I'll attempt to bake an apple bread for snack... you're welcome to bring your own snacks too.
- You can also bring your own toys too... hee, Soph doesn't have that many toys, so in case you're afraid your kids will be bored
happy.gif

- Have SMS-ed you guys my address!

Sorry I didn't log on to confirm yesterday... my study was in a mess and I couldn't access my laptop properly.

just did my own spree for gymboree
happy.gif
still cheaper than buying from stores. I cant believe the pricing in stores nowadays, for a very simple dress, it is like SGD59.90 or more, for a cardigan the cheapest I found was SGD39, mostly were in the 40s or 50s..so expensive!

huskie, SAHMs,
Just managed to log on now. Sorry. My church pastor passed away. So I've been busy helping out at the wake. Will try to make it tomorrow if I'm not needed at the wake OK? You guys go ahead first.

cherry, teehee
happy.gif

PVL, oh dear, was it a sudden death? My church's founding pastor passed away 2 months after diagnosis of cancer. Think everyone was utterly paralysed in shock and grief back then. Hope you can make it!

Huskie, erm, what do you need me to bring har?

Catz,
My pastor was 48 yrs old. Had cancer for 5 1/2 years already. Was stage IV even upon diagnosis. This year his relapse was quite bad so he's been out of action most of the year. We had our grieving 'session' on Sunday. Then yesterday people started visiting. SOOOOO many. Sooooo crowded and busy. Today, my kids are really tired, so we're home to sleep, and my PT help is here, and Sarah has swimming at 6, so after her swimming, we'll go back to the wake for the service. If we're not too zonked out tomorrow morning, I'll probably go to huskie's lah.

Sahms..Sorry not so good news too..I just spotted Yael having runny nose..it seems that he had on Sunday, then ytd ok..but this afternoon run again..so I have to monitor it..if its just a cold then we can make it tmrw..but if its tied to flu symptoms..then we better stay home dont want to spread to the rest. So sorry.

PVL..Sorry to hear abt yr pastor.
Anyway u take care too..dont over exert yrself ok?

PVL, oh dear.. and yours is a v small church right? Must be so tiring for the kids but more so for you! Gosh, hope to see you guys tomorrow.. 'cos looks like it's only confirmed with milkie and me for now!

Charis, hope Yael is not sick leiiii...

If PVL can make it..u all go ahead lah..I can join in next time..or next time round my place lor..haha!
Anyway, I try to confirm my attendance by tonight..if not latest tmrw morn.

PVL,
So sorry to hear about your pastor. 48 is really young
sad.gif

Just curious, what kind of cancer did he have at such a young age?
You better take care of yourself too and rest well, esp. now that you're preggers!

Charis,
Hope Yael is OK. Lots of flu bug going around now!
Today Soph had a play session with my neighbour and she also started sneezing a fair bit. I also hope she's not coming down with a flu, but just dust or cold.

Eh SAHMs Catz, milkie, PVL, Charis,
How? You girls wanna postphone? Hmm... but then cannot see milkie's "watermelon" tummy liao! :p

garfield, alamak... commit suicide? Yikes.. very tragic!

huskie, shall we decide at 8.30am tomorrow? PVL and Charis, pls SMS me then I'll relay the no-go message to huskie.

Catz,
OK, you let me know in the morning. At that time, I'll probably be walking Sophie (yes, she insists *sigh*) and cannot access Internet.
Pls also let milkie know alright?

Thanks!

Maybe should get a "high-tech" phone like yours which can access Internet... but hee, I am quite tech-unsavvy!

huskie, it's really quite easy to set up Gmail on the Nokia phones.. really really...

OK I'll be comms central.

Catz,
Eeeeks.... I don't like Nokia! Swapped my Sony Ericsson for a very thin and slim Nokia last year, but it died on me after 3 weeks. And their customer service is not the most friendly... have to wait so long!
In the end, I changed back to a Sony Ericsson - bulky and manly looking, but it survived all of Sophie's throws
happy.gif

My contract will be up soon... eyeing the iPhone though *drool*

Don't be surprised at how unsavvy I am - I'm one of those who used to tell my IT guy my connection is down and it's cos my LAN cable wasn't plugged in! :p

I'm eyeing the iPhone too but heard it's not great for ppl like me who rely a lot on wireless LAN..heh.. plus I don't think it's very robust unfortunately. I hated my Sony Ericsson.. tak boleh tahan.. it was a bit wonky after a few months. Still go back to Nokia after everything is said and done.. but not the slide type la. Just candybar type la.

Morning gals...

huskie, hubby bot me an iphone last month. But i think it does not suit ppl like me who seldom use hp to go online for music or games. I use only the basic functions: talk, sms and take photos. And it is really quite frustrating when i try to make a call or sms using my iphone while driving becos i always touch the wrong button! Ooopss... not suppose to call or sms while driving. And iphone cannot take video as well... B4 iphone i use Sony Ericsson after many years of Nokia. I like Sony Ericsson as it seems to be more stable compared to the Nokia phone i used b4. But then sms wise, Nokia phone is still the best to press and use loh...

jelly, waaah your hubby so good to you! So how do you switch btw SG and MY mobile phone? Hubby has multi-SIM from Singtel 'cos he uses camera phone on weekend, weekdays cannot use camera phone.

iPhone.. yah heard it's really lousy for rushed SMS or dialling
happy.gif

i dun like the iPhone, it is very very difficult to sms when driving, ok i know not supposed to sms when driving but sometimes its a short "yes" or ok kind of stuff but I am hopeless with the touchpad. My hb has been using the iphone for more than 1 yr already and i still dun like it. I am using nokiaE71 now, not too bad
happy.gif

how? everyday I am like a zombie when I have to come to work even though i sleep at about 10 or 10.30pm...will taking chicken essence help? I am taking peppermint tea every morning to keep awake.

I am on leave this friday
happy.gif
havent plan what to do, cant do spring cleaning since hb is working. Perhaps I will bring A out to shop
happy.gif
he likes the little tikes car so will be buying that for him as christmas present

Catz... We have another handphone for Msia use. Hubby has two handphones too... One for sg use and another for china use. Ya.... iphone shd come wif a pen or wat easier to sms or dial as the buttons quite small for big fingers like mine. Haha....

garfield,
Aiyoh, how come your colleague committed suicide?

huskie,
My pastor originally had cancer of the nose (deep inside the sinuses). But earlier this year the lungs became the main problem. Then it was in the liver. Cancer can hit at any age. It's a terrible disease.

jelly, wah so cheem
happy.gif

OK everyone, I got VIP 30% discount from Gap/ Old Navy.. drop me an email with your orders if you want to order. Don't wish to open up a big spree on the forum.

hehe catz.... i am doing a private spree of Gap/On too... I got 2 discount code of 30%... still waiting for orders from my frens...

Back