2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Hi MSH, I also had very bad morning sickness during my 1st trimester. Started at week 6 and ended only around week 14. I had no appetite for anything and will vomit at least once a day (usually evening). Don't worry about bbs not getting enough nutrients...my doc said even if vomit thoughout pregnancy also will not affect bbs...Just remember to drink lots of water / fluid (2 L per day) cos may get dehydrated if vomit too much. I drank 100 plus (chilled) cos I had no appetite for water.

Hope this helps.

hi msh, yah me too. dun hv the appetite for the 1st 3mths..gynae told me morn sickness will double of those having singleton.during tat period, i dun hv the appetite to eat, hate chinese food,cant stand the smell of cooking, this will result in me dashing to the toilet..
gynae told me to drink 3litres of water & 100plus too..so i alternate in between 2..worst, i was ordered to eat four egg whites everyday for 2wks plus..nw i dun dare to eat eggs liao..will puke even if i saw any eggs on the table...hahaa....but lucky, my morn sickness wear off once past 1st trimester. n my appetite is gd now..can eat chinese food lor...
but still cant tahan the cooking smell oh n fish oso.dun worry okie?

Merry X'mas to everyone!!

oooohhhh....its christmas in few more minutes liao!

625791.gif
Ho Ho Ho.....I m on the way
625792.gif

625793.gif

thanks Verona and Okeanosmao,

i jsut merlioned my spaghetti dinner, second time today. when cleaning up, nose bled also. hubby checked internet and it said its normal to have nose bleed. scared me man, cos i never had nosebleed in my whole life b4. i know wmy father will surely say quick drink jia jia liang teh. hhaha.

i feel better after vomit. today my mom asked me to vomit whenever feel like it, no need to hold back, last week, i was holding back so much, thought its better not to vomit.

i need to improve on the water intake though, i'm taking about 1.5l now. my first trim ends just b4 CNY, can't wait for that so that i can enjoy the festivities since i'm definitely not able to enjoy this christmas!

Merry Christmas to all.

ladies, one more question, after vomitting my whole dinner just now, i'm feeling hungry now leh.... eat again hah? i scared leh. how ah?

Verona, so your confinement lady only took care of your triplets for 1 week only? Can u pass me the contact info of the lady?

Merry Christmas to all!!

MSH,
welcome to the thread
happy.gif

I also had terrible MS from 6th to almost 16 weeks. I will vomit everything i ate...what kept me going was glucose, ribena and plain bread. Dr advised me to drink glucose to store sugar and water in body, i couldnt eat any oily and windy food. I was able to hold some food once i started to narrow down to the certain food, most of the time i ate porridge and steamed fish without oil, I couldnt drink water at as i din like the taste. I actually lost two kg in my first trimester but doctor said not to worry as the babies are too small and they can get enough food. Important thing is u should let ur body dehydrated ok? if u have vomited everything and feel hungry eat small amts of non oily or spicy food.

I have a few questions to exp mummies:

Is nursing pillow, breast pump, sterilizer, nursing clothes very important to buy before delivery? If yes, which brand is good for nursing pillow and bottle sterilizer?

oops! i have one more question....I find the babies movement esp kicking is very minimal lately, in fact not kicking like before at all, i do feel movement occasionally esp in the early morning. Last time i used to have constant movements and lots of kickings, just soo worried if they are doing ok or not? Is this normal or should i inform the doctor?

Sorry for the many questions just worried
happy.gif

Thanks in advance!

<font color="aa00aa">30 weeks ++
next appointment on 4th Jan</font>

Welcome to all new mtbs!

Hi Twinsmom
How are u lately? i get tired very easily after that diarrhea induced contraction. that's why hardly login lately.

Abt ur third question, I have read it at an website that it is normal to feel lesser of their movement as they grow bigger cos there are not much room for their movement. so not to worry ok. as long as u do still feel them moving ok liao.

u can sign up for membership at www.babycentre.co.uk to learn more about ur pregnancy. =)

32wks

Hi Mummies,

Could any of you share tips on BFing? Like Best_Twins, I'm also wondering if I should get a breast pump soon cos' there's no way to BF 2 at the same time right? After offering the 1st breast to 1 twin, should we offer the 2nd breast as well? How do we know if the milk supply from 1 breast is sufficient? If not sufficient and the 1st twin sucks from both, then what does that leave the 2nd twin with?

As for night feeds, if we have to keep waking up to feed the 2 munchkins, wouldn't it be very stressful? Should we BF one and feet the other with expressed milk?

So many things to learn....

MSH,
oops! sorry not "let your body dehydrated" supposed to type "shouldnt let your body deydrated" :p sorry for the confusion

BK,
Oh poor thing u....me too get tired la...especially if i walk or stand, so most of the time only sitting down. Nowadays i cant sleep well at night cos of severe pain in my V area....think its ligament pain (thats what doc said last time) now its getting worst and i suffer to get up from the bed to go to the loo....feel like crying at times
sad.gif
I m trying to sleep on my left side most of the time so its soo painful on that side.

Thanks for the website and assurance, i thot it must be the case....will read up
happy.gif

hi alethea

My twins have not latched on yet, cos they are prematured and still learning how to suck. They rely on feeding tubes and expressed milk now. i try to express my milk every 3 hours in the day. As for the night, since they are not at home, i still have the luxury to sleep thru the night without waking up to feed them. Only thing is the next morning, my breasts will be hard and full. haha... can see milk oozing from nipples, quite a mess, so i had to wear bra and nursing pads even when i sleep.

One thing i learnt from the nurses is that u have to try expressing ur milk 2-3 days after delivery. u can check with ur hospital, i'm sure they will have electric breast pumps for u. During the first few days after delivery, the milk production is very very little, so dun get disheartened, continue to express even when they are not ready to suck or feed them if they could latch on. The quantity will increase soon.

i also find that drinking warm soups do help in increasing breast milk. Warm beverages like milk and milo also very good. Only thing is will make u sweat like anything.

i am using an electrical dual pump. haha... but hor, only one outlet at a time cos i got prob coping with 2 pumps at the same time.
happy.gif
Me the clumsy type. Most likely, i will use expressed milk at night when my babies come home. If the feeding time for both ur babies are the same, i guess one of them got to use expressed milk??

hi mommies

Currently, i clean my breasts using warm water only... Any idea wat should be the proper way to clean our breasts?? i'm not sure whether i am doing it correctly.

hi ladies
i am back
happy.gif

chloe
i clean with warm water only too. sometimes didnt :p
do not wash with soap leh cos will dry up the nipples

hi alethea
i feed babies with EBM mainly cos i cant feed 2 at the same time
happy.gif
and furthermore milk from 1 breast is sometimes not enough to fill baby up and like what u say what is left for baby 2
happy.gif
so to make things simple i express out to feed them although latching on will increase supply. But i feel i have more important things to handle lor
so as long as they are full, i dont mind pumping out then feed them later. cos looking after 2 is very tiring liao i dont want to be stressed out by the breastfeeding

Thanks, Chloe and DoggiesMummy.
happy.gif
Think I must quickly go get myself a breast pump. Or should I wait for a week after delivery, to confirm if I really have milk? Or will I most certain;y have milk? *scratch head* Is Medela or Ameda dual electric recommended? M not prepared to get the Medela PIS cos it's $600plus.

thanks mommies, for the MS tips. I'm adjusting and coping better, I have realised there is nothing anyone can do for you, you just have to acept it. HAHA, at first I thought the dr need to prescribe some med to relieve teh symptoms.

Can I check with you ladies, did you have staining in 1st trimester? my dr seem very concerned, but my colleagues all say very common one. the stain is like pinkish in colour. and not very oftern, most often in the monning when i wake up and after first pee.

Hi All...

Hope all mummies and mtbs are doing great...

Can anyone here recommend me a good gynae in KKH? Currently i'm a subsidised patient but thinking of upgrading to pte. But not really sure how and which gynae to choose. Especially if i've got to do C-sec as i think i'm quite paranoid abt this issue now..hehe!!

Pls advise...

Hi Mummies
V bz and tired over the Christmas break.
I KO for 3 hours on Monday aftn....
Now looking at b/day cakes, cos my boy and the gals' b/day all fall within the same week...

Alethea
Did u ask me about the stroller? U are right, the front and back stroller can't accom them when they were young.. cos the front can't recline all the way. I/hb used to sling one each. But now the stroller is v handy cos they can sit.

FYI there is rental of breast pumps if u dun wanna purchase one yet..

As for waking up, u wl hv to take turns. For my case, I took one while hb took the other. Altho I did feed them bm, for the nite, I gave them formula milk cos I gotta rest...

bestwins
There is probably v little space for ur twins to move about but u still gotta watch for their movements..

MSH
I had no staining. Since ur gynae is concerned, beta find out what can be done.

msh
i had staining then my mum made tonic for me then ok liao "weak womb" my mum say. cos it happens everytime i accidentally take "cooling food"

stylo,
thanks, ya i think so....but hor the movement is very prominent since yesterday...very confusing. May be the bbies were sleeping for a week? :p dont know. Today the kicking and movement was so bad that i had to jump out of my bed at times. Cant wait for my next appoinment so that i can clarify all these.

hope everyone else is doing great!

<font color="ff0000">31weeks +</font>

stylo,
so nice to have all the 3 of their birthdays on the same day
happy.gif
they wont worry so much ya? Do u clebrate all on oneday or on the exact day?

stylobb, doggies mummy, thanks.

hmmmm.... it could be cooling food hor, cos i dun care one, anything also eat, as long as i feel like it, but i kind of no idea what is cooling and what is not leh.... so gong gong. actually i don't eat much, everything 2 mouthfuls only. hubby said last 2 weeks wasted alot of food. is grapes apple guava and kiwi fruit cooling anyone? kind of my staple food now

i better try to take note. can share what toinc your mum made? my sis ask me to go TCM, get some herbs to boil but i resist herbal intake leh.... maybe i should consider. and not be "iron teeth"

grapes will cause phlegm unless it's those small dark red types, those are good

tonic (black chicken extract)
clean black chicken, break the bones using the back of chopper
place a big bowl in wok over water (for steaming)
place a plate (inside) over bowl, put chicken on plate
boil for 3~4 hours
juice from chicken will be extracted and collected in the bowl

thanks doggies mummy!!! i feel like having the chicken juice now! i was hearing alot about it b4 i got preggies, but not sure what it is really for. will get hubby to do it for me tomorrow. your description very clear, i understand. the bowl is bigger than the plate right?

but i got some qns:
black chicken got fats anot? need to skin the chicken first? why must break the bones? can take this as often as i like?

hi doggies mummy, this chicken juice is good for wat ah? i know since i got preg, i can't seem to eat vege or fish, and that is worrying me lor.. the only thing i love eating is the small tangerine oranges!

when do we start buying all the items for babies and us ah? for breast pump and sterlizer, which brand is good? i hear for steriliser there is one brand can fit all kinda of milk bottle brand? is that better? any other tips for twin moms? i am in the 15 week today, and start getting worried about what i should start buying or not..

also when to start looking for confinement ladies? do they stay overnite in your house?

Hi hi... hope all of you had a great holiday.

Stroller - Front / Back .. the frt seat cannot be recline fully so cannot accommodate infant. But if u hv no intention to bring them out when still young, then can consider.

I got a side by side Maclaren Twin Traveller. It was really useful and 1 person alone I can bring the boys out to NTUC or park for a walk.

Chinese herbs - my gynae told me no chinese herb until 12 weeks. My cfmt nanny advise me to drk red date tea everyday. But I only drk it 2X a week... my babies are born at 37weeks then weighing 2.8kg and 2.6kg.
After 12 weeks, I took birdnest and "dong chong chao" on alternate weeks. On weekday when I feel tired, I will tk Chicken Essence.
Try to reduce caffine intake as caffine can cause smaller babies. Fruits.... I took lots of kiwi.

Mooch - once yr pregnancy stablised. u can start shopping for the necessities (milk bottle, clothes, diaper and nappy etc) suring yr 2nd trimester, dun wait till 3rd trimester... u will be too big to walk by then.
Pump - I use Medela PIS cos I find tt bfg 2 is almost mission impossible. Sterliser..I use Pigeon Ripid steamer as is can fit all size. To me is as long as it serve the purpose and price is reason I am okie with the brand.
Milk bottle - I think Avent is the popular one but I find replacing the teat is vey expensive so I use Pigeon normal bottle.

Cfmt nanny - book early. Popular ones are usually fully book 1 yr in advance!

thanks GApple! any recommendations for Cfmt Nanny?

Chinese herbs - my doc say can, but i have always not taken much chinese herbs so am quite weary of it.. what does the chicken juice and the red date tea do for the babies and us?

how many milk bottles and the impt items should we buy ah?

sorry i suddenly like today on panic attack like that..

thanks GApple. wow, your babies very good weight. you took very good care of yourself. err,, how to boil the red date tea haaa? i thought of taking essesnce of chicken, cos i'm strting to developing craving for plain porridge and bottled cai xin, so unhealthy. i'm eating this and the few fruits i mentioned above only. dunno how the babies will grow.

mooch, we panic different things, i'm still pacnicking on my poor appetite cos i'm only 6 weeks. how many week are u at now?

hi MSH, me at week 15 today. i also quite upset about my food intake, cos i love all the unhealthy food, and that is really not me normally. i used to love vege, and fish. now i can't stand them. now i love burgers and coke!

yeah i think i should start on the red dates tea and chicken essence and anything else easy to make and good for the babies lor.. i also worried.. how to make the red dates tea?

you are on 6 weeks, so still MS? i kinda over on my MS, but each morning i kinda gag on my toothbrush leh.. also dunno why..

aside from that i just feel tired all the time, and wanna go pee all the time!

you having 2 as well? or 3?

i just started on MS week 5. this week, quieted down alot leh. i'm quite worried, if babies is developing fine, but hubby say think positive an dtalk to babies. tomorrow going for scan, hope got heartbeat. i'm having 2.

when did your MS get over?ya its time for you to start the bu already , think i first trim, cannot bu too much, but at the same time, i scared no appetite affect the babies. i also don't know how to make the red dates tea, dunno how many to put and boil for how long. wait for one of sisters here to help. hehe.

Hi all mummies-tob-e/mummies

bestwins
Decided to celebrate the gals on their actual day but for boy, we wl get him a cake.. scared of hving too many kg of cakes around!!

GApple's advice is good, esp the shopping part.. cos I'm sure u can't walk/stand much once u hit third trimester.
Front/back stroller - one person can handle too but I always hv phobia... my steering skills are not v good.

I also used Medele PIS...
My steriliser is Avent.. recently kaput liao..cos used since my boy's time...
Bottles - my boy used Avent. The gals used Avent and Nuk bottles. Find the Nuk teats can leak.. but the gals can take, so I just left it.
Don't buy so many bottles..
Did not use cloth diapers, cos too troublecome, did not want maid to be overworked for that...
Btw, Nepia brand NB has 60 diapers per pack, v good to use.
I did not get confinement nanny. Had a good maid and mil and mum helped.
He/I took the nite feeds.. (proud that we did it tho it was v tiring.. haha)

Btw u all need to buy bouncers too.

mooch
Must eat nutritious food leh.. .not junk food.. haha.. U only 15 weeks.. long way to go leh...

msh
All the stuff GApple mentioned, I didn't take!! Haha..
My mum was afraid of giving me herbs incase too bu...

My gals were est. to be 2.5kg in stomach but turned out to be 3.2kg/2.6kg at birth.
But twin 2 is faster and more agile than twin 1.

hi styloBB,

wat is bouncers? heheh
happy.gif
yeah lor.. i try so hard to eat nutritious food lah.. so somehow like the only thing can quench my thirst is coke!

thanks for all your tips
happy.gif

mooch - the first cfmt nanny I got was lousy (recommend by my sis friend), so I sack her after 1 week. The 2nd one (who was the one I wanted to engage initially was booked then) is very good but she is fully book till nexxt year liao.

MSH - I had very poor appetite during the first trimester also. No MS but intake of food was so little tt my MIL/PIL start panicking and even thot of buying KFC for me...haa haa haa
No worries abt tt, is normal.. very soon yr appetite will grow. I try to tk nutrient food like milk, oats, cereal or fruits in between meals.

Yes I agree with Stylobb, dun buy too many bottles. I had 12 then.. so ridiculous! My friend actually taught me to buy only 2 (1 big &amp; 1 small) for each bb then after feeding, wash it and soak it in the sterlising solution then u can use it 30minutes later again.. no need to steam / boil so many times. Very useful if u are pumping, imagine having to steam the funnel every 3 hours!! But the solution tablet have a very strong cholrine smell which you my not like it. Then u can use the money to change the bottle more often. My friend told me she read a article that mentioned bottles shd change ev 3-6mth cos the sterlising may cause it to emit cancer causing toxic. But I nv follow la.. imagine got to change 12 bottle every 3-6mths.. very siong leh!

Red date tea - jus like the one u drk during cfmt. Red date, longan, Tang Sheng, Pao Sheng etc, boil it and drk it like a normal beverage or jus 2 cups a day.

hi GApple,

my EDD is 22 June, perhaps you can pm me the contact and i try? is it expensive ah? for confinement nanny?

red date tea - can put herbs ah? safe or not?

wow, so good, stylo baby, u even took better care. wish my babies wil be strong and big like yours and Gapple's. must learn alot from all the seniors here. me really greenhorn in this field.

gapple, my hubby also wanted to order KFC for me, but i don't think i can stand the smell. the red date tea for now, i just boil red date with longgan can? i don't know what paoshen, tangshen bla bla bla one.

one other problem i have is water, not been drinking enough, according to advice above, supposed to drink 2-3 l per day, i only drink less thatn 1.5 l. hehehe... so last nite got hubby to buy ribena syrup, today half day already took 1 litre, so its good improvement. so really, alot to learn from you ladies. hope you all don't mind me asking lots of qns.

msh
yes bowl bigger than plate
happy.gif
u can put some erbs inside the bowl if u want. but plain is strongh enough too
happy.gif

dont bother to remove the skin, during P we need fats for babies development
happy.gif

break the bones so that the essence inside easier to come out
happy.gif

i took once a week, but in 3rd tri dont take cos the tonic will not reach the baby, and we will get heaty easily

bottle cai xin very salty dont take too much

mooch
the chicken juice is for strenghtening the womb

confinement lady will stay over. and we need them too cos looking after 2 babies is no joke

Stroller
i bought the front back type. can lie down for the back seat but front seat better to sit cos will kena the back seat brother

bottles
oh the bottles need to change so often ah. realise the bottles and pump changed colour abit yellow. bottles can change la but pump ...
sad.gif

GApple
U reminded me, I beta change the milk bottles.
My maid likes to save for me.. I only see 2 Nuk bottles, wonder what happened to the remaining 7???

How, can u explain the bouncers to mooch?? Hahaha..

msh
Feel free to ask questions leh, I'm sure the mummies wlbe happy to help.

I like the red date drink but I only drank during confinement.

Bbs' good size until kena overbleeding after delivery.. haha...

Who eats bottled cai xin? No good leh.. if keep eating, may cause more leg cramps... too high in salt...

mooch
CL - sure to charge more if she knows is twins.
It's just me, I can't stand another person in my house...

oh no!!! i'm taking the bottled cai xin, die la,... this is the only thing i can take these days!!! what else can i take with porridge? any suggestion?

aiyo, so lazy, and scared got smell. i will try. this next one is real stupid, don't peng, any recommendaytion what kind of fish?

MSH, i also have probelm with drinking plain water, ribena help me alot.. but now i can drink plain water a bit if with ice. nowadays i mus take drinks with ice already.. i think if you pan fry the fish first, the smell will not be so strong.. if you lazy, like me, i marinade the pork ribs, and throw in the porridge to cook together. so come out porridge is tasty.

Doggiesmummy, eat oily fish is good ah? i must try man, but like MSH, smell of fish now will kill me, but i used to love fish so much. i will also try to make the black chicken juice. no need put herbs right? i will also make the red dates drink to try.

confinement lady - if anyone got good recommendations, do let me know?

Hi Mooch
I paid $2650 for my CL of which $250 went to the middlemen. So the CL only collects $2400. She is very good at cooking (not just confinement food but also meals for the rest of the family). She is able to handle housework and both babies on her own, without any help from me at all. Plus, she takes care of both babies at night, so I could get good night sleep and rest for my confinement period. I will try to bond with my babies during the day time while feeding them. If you are keen to get her contact, please PM me cos I may miss your posting (no time to log in frequently nowadays).

By the way, she will be a stay-in CL as she is from Malaysia. If you contact her directly, you can negotiate the charges and skip the middlemen fees.

hi twins mommy, thanks! i jus pm you.
happy.gif

is that about the price for nannies? she can speak english? cos my chinese not so good.

wow your pork ribs porriddge does sounds good but i one time eat very little only , u cook once and eat 2 meals? i quite jialat, cos my hubby don't take porridtge, so each time i cook less than half a cup, just nice 2 small bowl for myself.

Back