(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

i seldom replace brandon's meals with outside food.. cos most of the time he is just being tam jia, asking for mum mum whenever we are having our meals. so I'll feed him his food while we are eating and or will either give him a little bit of what we are eating to try and see if he likes it or give him his baby biscuits. i have not exposed him to fries or any fried food either. i'm still cooking his food without any oil and seasoning..although there is nothing wrong with giving our babies with the food that we are eating now lah. according to babycentre, our babies can now eat whatever that we are eating, just mash or chop to smaller bits for them.

this boy always seems to know what can be eaten and what can't. whenever we walk pass a restuarant or anything related to food, he'll say "mum mum" even without seeing any prior demonstration from us that indicates that this is a food and it can be eaten.

my gal is also still taking home-cooked porridge. In fact she doesn't really take well to outside food. sometimes when i give her what I'm eating she will spit out. she still likes her porridge so no choice always have to bring her food out else she will be taking baby biscuit. Also dun like to expose her to junk food too early.

wow, seems like i'm the only mommy here who is exposing my girl to all the junk food...for myself, i personally feel dat i shld let her try everything so next time she dun become fussy eater....so far so good...she doesnt seems to be rejecting any particular food...she loves mee mee and bee hoon. for my girl, last week cos we stayed out too late and didnt bring her porridge out so we gave her wadever we ate and when she is full, she will spit out the food. Even at home, when she is full, she will either turn her head away or spit out the porridge so we use dat as a clue.

u know why i specifically mention french fries? cos she was fed french fries when we were in australia. later, i came to an agreement with my HB, not to let her eat that again. i dun mind giving her the fish within the fish fingers, but not the oily batter itself lor. so the same logic applies to french fries. when she grows older, she can take all the fried stuff that she wants, but not now.

i dun think by not letting her eat junk food, she will become a fussy eater. which kid dun like mcdonalds? seriously, i have not known any kids who dun like french fries lor.

Hi,

me so long din came in liao. Was busy at work now that training has completed.

Jene, my deepest condolences to you and your family. Especially your mum, must ask her to take care.

Regarding Rice, currently have not replace a meal for Wayne but whenever we are eating, I will feed him, he can eat quite a mouthful of rice. And I will feed him hor fun, mui fan, hotcakes, french fries etc.

Recently I bought a packet of those breakfast cereal call Cheerio, he loves it too. Very nutritous cause it contains 10 vitamins and is good for snacking.

Nowadays Wayne very tum jiak, keep saying mum mum. Even after finishing a big bowl of porridge he still want to eat. Ran out of stuff to feed him liao.

Wow, Mummies,
Thanks for all the sharing. So I'm not the only one who still keeps bringing Zavier's home cooked porridge out too. Thought most of you would have started on outside food, tat's why I asked. For me, I just felt that the little bits and pieces of food from outside is just to let them taste the flavours n tastes but simply not enough to replace a full meal.

Wayne's Mummy, where do you buy the Cheerio from?

since we are on the topic of food, just wondering what do you all give for breakfast, use to give my gal cereal for breakfast but she is starting to reject cereal and she also doesn't really like those gardenia bread. any cornflakes we can give them? headache what to give her.

Hi mousy pig
My Zhe Lei's daily meal as follow:
a) breakfast - cereal (different kinds)
bread with cheese or
toast garlic bread or
bread with egg or
muffin, donut, cake (I baked)
yam cake(my mum make)

b) lunch - porridge with steam egg with meat or potato with silver fish, fry egg with silver fish or fish porridge or
udon mee or macoroni or fry kwan tiao

c)Dinner - Rice with veg, fish or tofu & soap
- long bean rice

Hi Eileen,
How do you make steam egg? Got to batter the eggs first then steam? Do you mix the steam egg into the porridge?
And also how do you make the long bean rice?

I'm still feeding my gal porridge meant for 9-12mths....really dunno what elso to feed her since we don't cook at home...so got to cook specially just for her...

Hurray,
to make the steamed eggs, u crack the egg into a bowl, beat it and add some formula milk about 50ml. stir to form an even mixture. steam for about 15 mins or until its cooked.

has danessa started on egg white yet? now its safe for them to eat egg whites now.

Breakfast for brandon:
-Cereal with fruits
-wholemeal bread with cheese spread

Lunch/Dinner:
-pasta shells/macoroni/alphabet pasta/spaghetti with salmon/fish/minced meat/mixed vegetables with tomato paste or soup

Hurray
For the long bean rice, I fry the long bean, meat, mushroom & dried prawn then put on top of the rice to cook. But I didn't feed him the mushroom & dried prawn & I serve him with soup. This is our adult easy dinner.

Berayhugs
Only cold storage sell cheerios and it come in 3 different types 1 is original(yellow package),multigrain(white package) and apple cinnamon(green package) but most mothers buy original due to the facts tat it only contain 1% of sugar if i remember correctly.

Hi bearyhugs,

Yup, I bought it from cold storage. And I bought the multigrain one. It is lightly sweetened too.

Hi garfeld,

Thanks for answering on my behalf
happy.gif

Hello Ladies! Long time no "talk".
sneak in some time to come in cos Kate still sleeping.....:p

Outside food? I'm one of those strict mummy.... I dun let her eat anything outside... if she wants... only her bb biscuits.....cos of salt and sugar...
oh...I find cheerios a little bit salty.... those sugar very low...this is in comparison to the bb biscuits I feed her lor...

Kate eats brown rice and Wu Gu Mi... but I will add a bit of white rice to it... cos too much fibre also no good.. she love it.... dun really like white rice though... :p
we also cook oats + brown rice ....
She's allergic to egg white.. haiz... will try again when she's 18 months... hopefully it will pass.....

kelly
Zhe Lei has the same shirt as yr boy, got a few pcs white & pink. The potty also similar to his. Now he is more willing to sit on the potty but sometime also refuse. Now didn't give him wear diaper so sometimes he will poo or pee on his pant if forget to bring him to toilet.

hi everyone

really mia for very long liao....hm...still remember me?
happy.gif
busy with work and also with Gabby. din even go for the year end gathering...sigh...envy those who went for the trial class...now i only bring gabby to nearby places...cant stay out for long cos she can be so cranky and her mummy tire easily...i also cant carry her longer than 10 mins...too tiring and gynae advised not to but cant stand not carrying her...she is very sticky to me... but everywhere i go i have to bring my maid along or else tak make it....one more month to go but scared at the same time for those who know wat happened last time...feeling so stressful that i keep waking up in the middle of the night.

anyway hope things will turn out well and go smoothly....

btw wishing all of you a happy new year hehe abit late

Hi Karin...nice to hear from you!! we are all wondering have u 'pop' already kekeke...where u normally bring gabby to?? maybe we can meet up at some evenings...

My Zhe Lei is having fever since Saturday. Yesterday went to Terminal 3 to send my hubby to china for business trip. Then bring my boy to see the doctor when we saw a raffles clinic there. The very old doctor just confirmed he is fever & can't tell us what caused the fever & gave him the fever medicine. Yesterday he was ok but last night keep on crying. This morning also crying but still can eat a bit. Will bring him to see his PD later because fever quite high & want to know what cause the fever. My mum said maybe he miss his dad so keep on crying. Don't know is that the reason but quite disappointed at the doctor at T3.

hi karin,
don't stress about it too much ok? everything will be fine, only 1 more month to go! jiayou and hang in there k..!

peng,
maybe can have another sengkang/punggol meetup? hehe

Stacey...yah loh our SK/PG gang kekeke...any suggestion??

FYI...Masden Swim School does have trial session @$25 for 30min session but can only accomodate 5 per time and only on weekdays only!! i think weekends are fully booked as wat Hurray mentioned...

Karin
Nice to heard about ur updates anyway hang on there and the bb will pop out sooner then u realize it.

Wayne mummy
No prob.

Just came back from the PD, my Zhe Lei's fever is because of sore throat, block nose.
The doctor at Raffles clinic which we went yesterday is not doing his job. I have told him to check his throat & he said is ok. I have told my hubby & he was angry too. Still charge us for $30plus & so irresponisble.

hi Eileen,

my fren's son was also down with fever for more than 2 weeks. he had a few types of anti-biotics from GP..but still not ok.. after that brought him back to PD..he was diagnosed for "middle-ear infection"..after prescribing the correct medicine, he was ok in 3 days..

Jene,
my condolences.. take care...

karin,
jia you...

sigh... JK oso start having slight fever since yesterday. body abit hot.. don't know whether the fever is due to his constipation (already constipated for a week liao, everytime poo poo little hard solid bits) or is it due to his growing molar...
think tonite better go see PD or else me "bu fang xin" to leave for biz trip on wed.

ok.. PD said JK's fever is due to his 2 growing MOLARS!! alamak, i tot onli one on the left and when doc forces his mouth open to check his throat, we saw another one growing on the right... no wonder PD ask me y his cheeks abit red and swollen.. and i stoopidly told her he has always been like tat :p
PD oso sim tiah him cos she say usually 1 molar is already damn jia lat and he has 2 at the same time... ok now really must brush his teeth everyday liao.. total of 10 of them

Hi Mummies,
Think weather these days are really unpredictable and causing all our bbs sickness too. Zavier also came down with slight fever yesterday. Suspected that he caught a chill on Sunday cos we brought him for a swim and it was quite windy when we reached the pool. Thereafter, went to Robinsons to shop n might hav caught a chill cos the air con was super super cold. Sigh... he refused the cool pack on his forehead, kept taking it off! Just have to keep forcing the meds to him now.

Bought some good deals from Robinsons sale though and revamped Zavier's room. The Disney Mickey bedlinen for kids were all very nice!

Thanks Stacy and Eileen for your recipes. Shall try out the steam egg one weekend...think i gotta give the long bean rice a miss cos' we don't cook at home for adults...so it would be a waste to throw away the dried prawn and pork...

Peng, Stacy, Karin
Ya...we should arrange for the punggol/sengkang gang to meet up for coffee or breakfast one weekend. Haven't bump into pama and chin chin at Punggol Plaza for so long....

need some advice here. when u cook pasta for ur kid, what tomato puree u use? wanna let my gal try pasta one of these days.

Eileen,

Don know whether u mind to pm me your handphone no....just incase tonight I needs your help when baking kueh bangkit...
happy.gif

Hello mummies,

Long time no talk...
I m joining the #2 club too... was tested positive n confirmed pregnant for 7 weeks, edd 10 Sep, can see the little fellow's heartbeating... however last night i had some spotting n my gynea had asked me to rest for the whole week, was given duphaston...
sad.gif

hopefully I can enjoy eating my CNY goodies...

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can feed our babies normal yoghurt from the supermarket?

By the way, I have overstocked on First Teeth toothpaste last year. Anyone like to get one from me, please PM me. Will let it go at $12 inclusive of postage.

jaline, do take bed rest hor and dun move abt so much....i had bleeding not spotting during my 6th or 7th week oso and was admitted to hospital. gynae told me restrict my movement to within the ward dat i am staying and toilet visits niah....told me i am not supposed to walk around and was given a hormone jab to stabilise pregnancy as well. i was given duphaston and luckily the bleeding stopped after a day. i was so terrified of losing my baby at that moment! luckily i did not have any pain in my tummy if not high chances dat i may have miscarriage. gynae said it is juz nature's way of getting rid of unhealthy foetus and told us dat there is nothing much we can do except to be positive abt it. so THANK GOD that our baby is safe. so hor, u better be guai guai and dun carry yr girl during this time hor. Gynae said if u wanna carry her, then sit down and carry so at least u will not bear all her weight. take care in the meantime and REST REST REST.

betterworld, i gave some normal yoghurt to my girl and she seems ok. cos she saw me eating and want oso and if i dun give she will make a big fuss so i gave her some lor. so far no allergic reaction. she is oso ok with whole egg...gave her egg white and yolk liao. now she is teething again and itz farnie how her bottom only got 2 pearlie white and the top has almost 6 now. dunno y the bottom one doesnt sprout out more.

betterworld
My hubby also feed my boy normal yoghurt when he is eating n my boy asking for it. I am surprise he loves it because I don't eat yoghurt n scare of the smell.

Morning....

Thanks a lot, I m feeling much better after yesterday's rest...

Mei Lik
I got quite an early morning sickness as compared when having Nouvelle, luckily not that serious kind...

Starmoon
I had spotting oso when carrying Nouvelle, had to take a month hospitialised leave for bed rest, really bored cos can't do anything except rest n rest.

So, any more mummies expecting #2? can start to list down liao. kekekeke...
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,
Jaline, congratulations! So meaning you were already preggie the last time I saw you at the GUG class? Hmm....

Mummies, Zavier came down with fever since Monday. Yesterday, fever subsided and then came down with whole body rash. Brought him to see PD again and confirmed that it was viral infection. Rashes is in fact a good sign -> road to recovery as according to PD. But really heartpain to see cutie zavier covered with red spots leh. Think got to confine him at home this weekend liao... poor boy.... sigh. But he seems quite active like not sick leh.

morning mummies,

Jaline
Congrats! Looking forward to see all the #2 babies..

Any babies addicted to their pacifiers?
Nowadays Ashley will ask for it..this morning she said "du-du, please"..
We try to give her only during bedtime .. dunno when we can kick her habit..

Back