(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

brenda.. my hubby was quite upset with the sch today.. cos enzo injured his head while in class and when i asked them how, they (the 2 teachers) had no idea.. so he said paying 1.4k per term there and they dun notice when a child falls?? but oh well.. not ez for 2 adults to monitor 8 toddlers also i guess.. sigh... is that quite normal even in other schools?

Thanks for all your answers about toothpaste and pillows.
I went to get milk enzyme toothpaste for T. She sucks them in keeps asking me to put more on the brush. Like Jovann, she will swallow the water and pretend to spit out.

Mmh... for the pillow, I think I better start to look for something appropriate for her. Her baby pillows are too small now (her head will roll off them once she turns sideways), and it seems the adult pillows we are using on her now is too high for her.

Hi emma, what school is enzo in now by the way? oh dear, i Hope enzo is okie?

Brenda and Peachie, think kindys generally go by as long as your kid turns 3 in THAT yr of enrolment, it doesn't matter what mth. Even Chiltern tells me that. I think the 30mths applies when there's childcare facilities? or toddler care levels? so that they will "graduate" the kid from toddler care (18mths to 30mths) only when they reach 30mths, into pre-nursery/playgroup/N1?

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Em</font></font>, wah!! that's pretty bad.. 2 teachers to 8 kids ratio is considered very very good set up but still can have slips la.. I supposed there's no excuse for them not to notice that Enzo fell. So maybe it's time to shop for a new school? HARRY PORTER?!?! heehee..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Phoebe</font></font>, no le.. any one else worth looking at?

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Butts</font></font>, oooh I was actually refering to the MOE's regulations. I don't wish to step on their toes if we're not doing something legally right ma.. anyway the coast is cleared!

Hey Mummies!

Long time no see! Its nice to find the Sep 06 thread alive again.

<font color="ff6000">Congratulations Emma</font> on your second pregnancy. I look forward to see cute baby pictures of your 2nd one.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Fresh Milk</font>
Just want to check if anyone started giving fresh milk to their toddlers. Do you give them fresh out of the fridge or warm it up a little so that is not so cold.

Hi Emma,

Gosh, Enzo's fall sounds bad. But I guess the critical issue here is the teachers even had no idea that he fell!
sad.gif
To me that is unacceptable. Any child who has fallen should be monitored for internal injuries, especially if the head is injured. The teacher to student ratio sounds fine. Maybe you feedback to the school and see?

Clarence fell once in school too. Basically he was climbing up the slide and he lost his balance and fell. The principal of the school called me and apologised, and asked if I wished to bring him home right away. It was a flesh wound, but they did monitor him for the next few hours. I think reporting a fall to the parents right away is the minimum expectation. Hope this helps.

Hi Pigeon,

Clarence loves fresh milk! But I give him his fresh milk more as a treat than a regular replacement for this formula milk. Sometimes I give it to him cold (if it is a hot day and he is not down with flu/cough).

<font color="0000ff">Hi Peachie,</font>

Thanks for sharing. Chloe loves fresh milk too! Especially when cold. Pouring cold milk from the fridge is so much more convenient though than making milk from powder. But the traditional chinese always say that its not good to drink cold things. So I don't dare give it to her too often.

Hannah loves fresh milk too but usually i bought her those UHT milk packs. Now they come in kids-friendly packaging. Sometimes she didn't drink her formula, so that's the best substitute i could give. She drank it straight out of the box, unrefrigerated.

Trinity drinks fresh milk too.
She usually has her formula bottle around 6am, and drinks cold fresh milk from cup during breakfast at 9.

We will warm it up only if the weather is cold or if she is coughing or having running nose.

Hi hi! It has been so long since I post here. I almost cannot remember my id and password. Do you all still remember me? Smiley here. I have No.2 already too. That's why MIA for sooooo long. Been super tired with my pregnancy, now super busy with 2 children.

<font color="0000ff">Hi Hi Melisa,</font>
Thanks for sharing on the UHT milk packs. That's a good idea. Will check out the variety of UHT milk at the supermarket when I do my shopping. Do you know if there is any difference in the nutritional value between UHT and fresh milk?

<font color="0000ff">Hi Angeline,</font>
Thanks for sharing. Wah! Trinity gets up so early. Does she get back to sleep after the morning feed?

<font color="0000ff">Hi Smiley,</font>
Congratulations on your new born. Is your 2nd child a boy or a girl.

Are you a FTWM? It seems like there's going to be baby package announce soon. Your tiredness may be erased by August.
happy.gif

Personally, I'm wondering what the government will be giving out this time round. <font face="wingdings">K</font>

Hi Pigeon, my second one is a boy
happy.gif
And I am a FTWM. For the past weeks I have been a maid too, as my maid is away on home leave.

My girl has been refusing solid food for many many months liao. Basically she takes less than half a bowl of rice every day. She does not eat beehoon, noodle, rice nor porridge. She only asks for milk and milk and more milk. Anyone has this problem?

I have only let her take fresh milk once, that's last Sunday when we went to Mos Burger when she insisted to drink our ice milk tea. So we ordered the Meiji fresh milk for her. Otherwise, she's still on formula. Oh, she drinks breastmilk too, as I have excess now since my boy cannot finish all, I give my girl breastmilk also.

Hi Smiley!

I'll be a maid too in 2 months time. My maid's contract expires in Oct. BTW did you have to offer a pay rise to get your maid to renew the contract? How long was the home leave? I have not discussed this with my maid.

My daughter Chloe is not a milk person unless its breastmilk. However, I noticed she does eat better if she gets to play with her food i.e. while her hands are occupied, we take the opportunity to stuff food in her mouth. Hee hee. She's not fully self feeding. Hope that helps.

Hi Smiley,
Good to see you back in action. How old is your second one. Post picture ok.

PG,
Trinity falls back to sleep after her bottle and usually wakes between 7:30 to 8:30am.

PG,
I would think that the children packaging of UHT milk matches the formula milk closer than fresh milk. UHT has lesser amount of lactose for sure, b'cos I'm lactose intolerant so I can tell.

Angeline,
So nice to see recent picture of Trinity! She's going to be a great chef one day! hehehe.

Smiley,
Hey nice to you back here. How old is your 2nd baby? So excited to know more Sept mommies have seeconds already. Hannah is also very fussy about food. Sometimes she totally rejects solids and have FM 4-5 times a day. Other days, she rejects FM and have other drinks and solids. So I let her be lah. I believe the terrible two stage is when they're going through a massive discovery of independence. The "I-decide-what-I-like-because-it's-my-body" stage. LOL.

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Laura</font></font>, fresh milk at home is a all family drink, for us, we prefer PURA. Nice and creamy.

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Melissa</font></font>, if I'm not wrong, UHT milk is Fresh Milk (or in raw, it's called White Milk which is just milked). UHT is just a method to 'preserve' or plainly, to extend the shelf-life of Fresh Milk. I'm not keen to give UHT if Fresh Milk is available cos I suspect the UHT treatment could kill the good nutrients in White Milk. I'm not too sure if I'm right but I'll just continue to give Fresh ones
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Angeline</font></font>, T is a good help! I won't even let A come near when I'm cooking or baking :p

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Smiley</font></font>, of cos remember u! or maybe remember Clarisse more. heehee.. <font color="ff0000">CONGRATS</font> on having no.2!! yes, pics please!!

<font color="0000ff">Angeline</font>, Trinity looks so grown up baking those cookies.
happy.gif
Was it hard to guide her along? Your pictures look like the house is hardly messed up. When I think of baking cookies with Chloe, I think of all the mess she'll might make.

<font color="0000ff">Melissa</font>, thanks for sharing that. What do you mean by "children's packaging". Is it a special type meant for toddlers?

<font color="0000ff">Laura</font>, I've given farmhouse and pura and either magnolia or marigold to Chloe. Basically I look for the ones that are 100% pure milk. Some of the milk sold on the shelves add flavouring and other stuff (not so pure). I prefer to avoid them.

Pigeon,
Trinity has had a few practice session in baking with me already, so she is getting better at it. She does take instructions quite well. Pictures are misleading, the kitchen floor and table was quite messy at the end of it. But it all part of the fun to spill milk, use flour to draw on each other's face, get fingers dirty with squashing the dough, etc... I definately recommending baking with toddlers, its a very good bonding excercise and teaches alot about 'science' and maths unconsiously.

(PS. lucky for me, its the maid who has to clean up the mess)

Pigeon, so sorry for the late reply. Yes.. I did give her an increment and it is 25% higher than what she got previously. She was on home leave for 2 weeks and boy, I was busy man... asking around how to renew her work permit, how to get air tickets and stuff.. basically to gather all the advices I can get coz I don't want to end up in a situation where I renewed and paid for everything and then she decided not to come back from her home leave.

Hi Angeline, so cute of Trinity to help out. Hahaha! Even I can't do that! Heehee... It has been years since I last stepped into the kitchen. I must confess I am a bad mummy. I don't even cook porridge for Clarisse.. :p

Brenda, it's so nice to see your blog on Arianne. She's so lovely and pretty. Usually when I check out your blog, it's for her photos, not your recipes.. heehee.. coz basically as mentioned above, I don't cook. Arianne is so lucky to have you to cook for her.

PG,
If you go to NTUC or Cold Storage see the Magnolia Smoo brand. Packaging design is more kiddy.

Brenda,
Thanks for correcting me about UHT milk. YOu're right, it's made of fresh milk but preserved to make it last longer.

I got this from F&amp;N's official website about Magnolia Smoo milk. I always buy this brand b'cos it simply tastes good.

<font color="ff0000">F&amp;N Magnolia, the Singapore’s most trusted milk brand, has extended its portfolio to include a new milk product, F&amp;N Magnolia Smoo UHT milk, specially developed for children. Besides packaging and great tasting which are designed for kids, more importantly, F&amp;N Magnolia Smoo milk, made from fresh milk, is a nutritionally enriched dairy drink adapted for children in today’s society. The carefully considered nutrient content, fortified with Taurine to boost children’s brain development, makes F&amp;N Magnolia Smoo milk popular with parents alike. F&amp;N Magnolia Smoo is the smart choice for nurturing smart kids.
</font>

1628751.jpg

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Melissa</font></font>, no worries
happy.gif
actually my father used to supply stainless steel products to such F&amp;B factories, some produce UHT milk. Ermm.. the process not very clean la.. so for me, I like to stick to as little processed as possible products cos it's not possible to rear my own cow and milk it my own! heehee

Brenda,
Poor mommy like me just take whatever's cheap lor. Besides I'm lactose intolerant so i drink more soy than fresh milk. I still can drink fresh milk but must make sure i got nothing to do that day b'cos i will spend most of the time going to the toilet and dealing with the diarrhea haha. why don't i just get the lactose-intolerant pills? b'cos i got phobia of swallowing pills! heheheee.

Anyway we oso drink from our own sewer what (hello new water), so what's really clean? Just thinking aloud lor.

i remember going to indonesia and getting traveller's diarrhea there. i must've been too clean in sg. dunno if that's a good thing or not. that's why i chose not to introduce anything organic to my kids. afraid that their resistance will not be as good. so a bit of "dirt" is ok. last time during kampung days kids can play in the longkang in the rain and not get fever, but nowadays, a bit of rain oso can kanna fever. hehehe. just laughing at myself.

melissa.. so true.. my mommy was juz saying, that last time they will play in the mud, walk ard barefooted in the kampung, step on dung/droppings also no HFMD.. now everything detholised alr still got so many viruses going ard... *sigh*

now enzo's juz recovering from running nose and cough he got from his classmates.. tsk tsk tsk..

Emma,
yeah we think being clean can give the best of health but now makes us in dilemma right? i think being too clean depletes immunity lor. that's my 2 cents thought. not to imply that i'm so dirty okay! hahaha.

last time i play in playground when it was all built on sand, even chew on coins and never bother to wash my hands first before taking any food by hands. i was a healthy child, very seldom get sick and i never got that BCG shot during primary 6 and sec 4. i did get a bit hao lian at that time hahaha. then now i become a bit paranoid about cleanliness and hygiene but i'm letting my guard down already.

btw, i never regularly sterilized Hannah's bottles. only did it once and twice in the blue moon and i wash everything in cold water. she's fine. doing the same with Tricia, my new baby.

orr maybe some of you here will start calling me the dirty mommy already kekeke. but it's all good lah.
happy.gif

Emma,
forgot to ask you. did u let Enzo take the flu shot? think he should. i haven't given Hannah the flu shot yet but i had given her the chicken pox vaccine just b'cos i never had it myself keke.

melissa.. enzo has taken ALL the shots.. hahah.. v KS parents... even the pneumococcal also took 4 shots cos he took it since he was a baby.. PD says all done, next shot will be in P1.. phew!!! keke

hi mummies,

never know this thread become active again....so happy to see u all here
happy.gif

long time nv chat liao.....

Emma,
saw Enzo n Ashley photo so so cute.... long time never see u all liao... miss e 2 little kids, cant imagine if all of them meet up together with Zhaohui they will sure be snatching toys.

Emma,
Zhaohui playgroup ratio is 2teacher to 16children but there is once Zhaohui fell e teacher also got tell me wat exactly happen when i go fetch him..... so i think u should bring up this to Enzo'z teacher tat if he happens to fall in sch pls inform u so tat u can monitor him..... didnt know u r paying so so much for his playgroup.... he is attending 2 or 3hrs playgroup?? e church one isit?

elaine.. ya lohz.. the ratio is 1:4 that's y we're paying premium fees, yet they still dunno how the kids fall.. happened to another boy too.. when i was there accompanying enzo, the boy juz fell off his chair.. the teachers also dinno what happened.. sigh.. but now enzo is familiar with that place and the teachers there, so it will be cruel to bring him to another sch.. so shall juz cont till he's older...

Is everyone else experiencing a very loooong screen of this page? how to make it small again ahh? so irritating got to keep scrolling to the right to read all the posted msgs
sad.gif

Bren
the only way is to wait 4 this pg to archive then a fresh one will b loaded. Its coz of the pix tt was loaded by angeline... its 1 series by itself, so tts why...

u quickly post ur recipes or sthg lah, to make this pg quickly disappear. keke
lol.gif

OH hahahah! so everyone is experiencing it too? aiyo *pengs* I kept thinking it's my stoopid screen! so much so for a computer dummy..

How about I refresh everyone's memory a bit on my past montage works? :p

bren.. do new ones.. what theme shall it be??? juz try and see how many u can get lahz..

i love looking at their baby photos.. esp when they were so chubby then.. now.. tsk tsk tsk...

I love looking at the montages and recall how the babies used to look. How much they have grown in the past 2 years.

Yes yes, lets do another montage. Bren, you come up with a theme and we response. OK.

what themes shall we do now.. hmm.. lately its so hard to get them to pose for the cam..

how abt laffing merrily??? or angry expression? or cute expressions like pouting and stuff????

Back