(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

piyo,
did your maid give you a clear answer that she'll not continue her service? they can be quite fickled minded sometimes, better to tell her straight about your concern. but by sending her back before her contracts end...ya it does seem kinda unfair. so you think through and speak to her again. And also must ask her what's her concern that makes her want to go back, but doesn't mean you must give in to her lah...at least there's still a chance to negotiate.

piyo, i agree with fiona, it's good to hv a honest talk with her. sometimes they just wanna pay raise, and it's $10 or $20 they're talking abt, then u can consider if u wanna keep her.

but as to whether u shld let her know b4 hand tat u r sending her back... i would advise not to alert her in advance. coz i hv seen/heard too many cases of things happening at home when the maids are alerted of their departure date.

piyo,

What do you mean by "she may not be able to renew her contract"? There's a diff b/w "does not want" and "may not be able".

If you're sending her back early, I suggest you don't let her know in advance. I won't take chances. And don't tell me about "ren2 qing2" and stuff. I hv heard enough stories from my relatives about their maids recently, some of whom have worked for 10yrs with them.

And I don't see anything wrong with sending her back before the contract ends, esp if she has no intention of continuing. To begin with, she has every right to terminate the contract even before the contract ends. So there! If you feel bad, you can always give her extra $ to "compensate".

I suggest you find out why she "may not be able" to continue. Like leobbsmom say, sometimes they just want a pay rise. Else, she might just be worried that she'll hv problem coping with 2 kids when your 2nd one comes along. If I were her, I'd be worried myself. :D

leobbmom,
hey i juz went bk n check the list u updated...u r expecting liao is it...that is y no 2 u wrote as TBA....hee hee...see...i nice nice or not...;)

Hi piyo,
Re: Busybuddies Trials

I'm fine with b/4 CNY or after CNY
happy.gif

Re: Maid Woes
I also agree with Fiona & leobbsmom. It really is difficult to find a maid that you can trust and leave your precious child with them. Moreover, you also have to think abt training, basic conversation, the bits & pieces of the way they do things and ways they handle situations. . .Its just too much for me to handle lor.

My maid also hinted that she wanted to go back when her contract ends in August. However I'm also trying ways and means to keep her cos my kieira very VERY attached to her especially at night. Kieira would not even want me to step into her room when she wants to sleep at night! Aiyoh.....she cry like killing pigs when i want to put her to sleep. My mistake - to let maid sleep with kieira.

If she really wants to go back then got to plan early liao. May I suggest that you enroll megan a few weeks earlier before you pop no2? That's to get her used to CC and also not to let her think that she was "dump" in CC after you pop no 2.

Anyway, I don't see any wrong in sending the maid back early leh. You are still paying for the air ticket mah. Better to release early than to clash with your confinement etc. Then got time to find replacement.

Haiz. . . . .headache right
happy.gif

piyo,

I'm ok after new year for the trial.

As for yr maid issue, I also feel that it would be better not to let her know early since she's alone with megan at some parts of the day. Heard many horror stories too.

However, you may also like to find out why she may not be able to renew the contract.

hi, all mummies
rushing to put down my name for the trial before going off for early lunch.

BUSYBUDDIES TRIAL - BUSY BODS
Trial fees $45
Max no. of tods: 12
Duration: 1.5hrs
Date and timing:
This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm or
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

Pls put your name/bb's name down so that we can do a poll which Sat we would like to go for?

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Yoshi/Kieira
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Augustmum/ zac
4. Yoshi/Kieira
5. amberlyn/jord
Pls add on

Hi Fio, leosbbmum, Leia, Yoshi and Augustmum,
She wants to but "may not be able" to renew the contract. She knows she won't earn much if she only comes here for 2 yrs but all along during her stay with me, she did tell me she always haf a hard time to get a consent from her hubby to continue. Her stay in Singapore spans across 7yrs but it's all go bk, come bk, go bk, come bk after contract ends...She called her hubby ytd and hubby said no. That's y headache..

Hmmm, so u all agree it's ok if we dun let them know we are sending her back earlier? just feel a bit bad cos after all she looks after megan well..

Yoshi,
I also rely on her quite heavily for megan.. I have to wrestle with megan on the bed if I put her to sleep (she simply wnats to play with me!) but if it's my maid, very fast, she sleeps liao..

re: busybuddies trial
Let's see the response for these 2 weeks date.. if it's god we continue? if not, we postpone? ok with that?

piyo,
ya dun let her know if ya sending her back early, no matter how good she is, their mentality is very different from ours.

re: sleep with maid/put to sleep by maid
honestly, it's a really bad choice and i'm sure you all know that.
it may pain you to see your child struggles and cries if you remove her from the maid, but what happen when the maid leave for good? better to start getting them used to us since they're still at this age then to let them carry on like this. If a new maid comes along , dun let the same thing repeat.

heee.......augbb, yeah!!! i'm expecting!!! now in the 6th week. =P

getting the preg blues now, unpredictable appetite, dull mood, n tiredness... cant wait to get over the 1st trim.

Leobbsmom CONGRATES!!!!

Fiona,
Ya.. its so tough to get her to smile at times. She got a nickname... Ice princess HAHAH! But lately she is alot happier and will smile more than last time... Maybe is the time I spend with her more than e past yeah. Hows ur preg getting on? Going to know gender soon? My detail scan is after CNY lo... BB leg so tight again so i assume its a gal again hehehe Can save alot too yeah Recycle hehehe.

Hi mummies,
kelly sms me during my lunch that she is at Mt A now, having contractions every 2-3mins. She is 3cm dilated. Think she will pop today???

Hi leobbsmum,
After reading augbb, I also went to look at the table again... Congrats!!! seen gynae liao?

Cynthia,
Natalie looks pretty! When is your detailed scan? Mine also after CNY..got a feeling it's a ger since did not see her gender last scan
happy.gif

Fiona,
ya agree bad idea but sometimes bo bian..will haf to try to reverse the cycle :p

thanks mommies for your well-wishes!

hi piyo,
i hvnt seen a gynae, think wanna go at 8th week when the little one is slightly bigger, and easier to spot the heartbeat.

my girl is sleeping with my mom since birth, and they r so attached. just when i tot i wanna let her get used to sleeping with me, i found out tat i m preg. sigh... i cant sleep with her liao, coz i'm a super light sleeper, every little sound will wake me and keep me awake ALL nite..

but yes! i'm excited abt this 2nd preg. =P

Piyo,

My detailed scan on the 15Feb 230pm @ TMC. U leh? Who knows we same date hehehe.. by then I will be about 22weeks lo. Cos all appt book liao so no choice after CNY.. hai alot going to ask mi during CNY again. Sometime I think maybe its e feeling count.. cos when I have Nat I also feel its a gal hehehe. Hb also wishes for a gal which surprises me.. He realise they can have gal-gal talk in future :p

I think kelly is going to POP!!!! Every 2-3mins confirm liao yeah! Keep us updated.

Leobbsmom,
Lucky ur gal sleep wit ur mum so U can have enf rest too meantime. Nat sleep with us but on the floor & I am also super light sleeper, so I will always keep waking up at night make sure she is still breathing!!!! Jialat.. If not I will be awaken by her little movement too... haiz..
This 2nd preg, I seems not so excited. I also doesnt know the reason. Maybe placing all my heart to Natalie and felt I am not giving enough whilst 2nd one coming too... haiz..
So when you be due? 6 weeks can see gyane too liao hehehe

leobbsmum,

Congrats!
happy.gif

piyo,

That's how it is when then maid is married (and perhaps have kids).

May need to hands-on more from now on to wean Megan off maid at night.

My uncle/aunt gave the maid's hb some allowance for him to stay at home in Indon to look after their kids, so that the maid can cont. working for my uncle/aunt in sg. They also gave the maid's hb money for the kids' education. During the 10 yrs with my uncle/aunt, the maid will go back to visit once in a while. The last time she went back to visit, she never came back (she was supposed to). They waited for her at sg airport on the day of her expected arrival, but she nvr show up. They check with the airlines and realised she did not board the plane. When they attempt to call her (hp and home in Indon), she didn't even hv the decency/courtesy to pick up the phone, or to return call. Oh well... So work for 10 years also like that. *sigh*

Hi leobbsmum & cyn,
Megan sleeps with us on our bed since birth till now.. I am actualy a heavy sleeper till I haf Megan.. will be waken up easily by her cries and gungfu stunts.. now worse, kicks! just last night, I was woken up when her left leg landed on top of my nehs!! so painful and sudden!

I am quite excited over this 2nd preg, dunno y and I hope this bb will stay as long in my tummy as megan
happy.gif

hi leia,
wa, your uncle/aunt very good huh..I agree with you - work for x no of years also like that.. my mum's maid also fly aeroplane recently. She left b4 xmas last year after contract ends, saying wil come bk.. end up never call us and when my mum called, she gifs lots of excuses and as expeted din come bk (btw, she has abt $1k of salary with us still after remitting bk the rest)... so if my maid says not coming bk, thk just let her go, no point forcing cos wil sure fly aeroplane...
I am just worried how megan would cope with the "loss" and accept another new caregifer

cyn, i tot wanna see a gynae too, but nurse advised me not to, coz if if bb is too small, then might to go back again... dowan to take so many MCs yet... =P

i dun intend to announce to my colleagues yet until my tummy really pops out and i need to wear maternity clothes.

Leobbsmum,
good lei! pop in sep, ML till dec! but may lugi a bit on public holidays..then go back work in Jan09! I din announce to my boss and colliqs till last week!

Trial fees $45
Date and timing:
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

Pls put your name/bb's name down so that we can do a poll which Sat we would like to go for?

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Yoshi/Kieira
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Augustmum/ zac
4. Yoshi/Kieira
5. amberlyn/jord
6. babyboy/ Keiran
Pls add on

If it's a No-Go for the above 2 Sats, i am fine with after CNY too...
Thanks Piyo! : )

piyo, EDD shld be mid Sept, then will go back in Dec... sianz..

will lugi 2 hols... must go back b4 8-Dec !! (hari raya haji) hahaha!!

BABY GIRLS
mommies, do your girls like to play with a doll now? likes to comb their hair, feed them milk, give them pacifier, take out their clothes...etc??

Sherv just asked me to paint nail polish for her last Sun, and i did for her toes! hahaha!!! vainpot!!!

Hi leobbsmom,

JH dont likes dolls lei.. she prefers to play with cars/ army soliders/ trains/helicopter & dinosaurs...

gave her a baby doll to play with but she will throw it away ....

Piyo,

Wow think Megan & Nat can be kongfu fighter! Nat love to kick me and land on me when she slep at nite, so i must let her sleep on floor cos once was so pain my tummy hurts so much & gynae scolded me!

Leobbsmom,
I rember I see gynae when I was about 8 or 9 weeks cos that time shld be able to see bb liao.
Hmm Nat didnt like to play with dolls leh. She seems more boyish to me lo... prefer blocks, cars etc...

Hi babyboy,
Noted
happy.gif

Hi Jesline, leobbsmum and Cyn,
Megan dun like dolls too 9mayb cos I never introduce to her). She prefers toys like cars,trucks, helicopters, trains like thomas the train. The only girly toys I think she likes are hello kitty, mickey mouse, winnie the pooh, barney and of cos her DORA!

Cyn,
Megan also prance on me a few times since I am preggie - either head knock head, body on body or her mouth on my chin.. so nowadays, I also scared, I either turn sideways, sleep on my left or I put my bolster in bet us (ard tummy area) so that she kicks/knocks the bolster instead of my tummy..

heee....seems like Sherv is the only one who is into dolls... and she loves balloons/balls.

still rmb the last trials at MY GYM, she was only interested in the balls available there! hubby said shld hv just bring a ball for her and let her play on her own there! =P

Piyo/Fiona, ya, u beta be careful with our tod now. their strength is quite powerful now, and can cause injury to us. esp when the moves or blows kenna our tummy, my mom is very scared whenever Sherv goes berserk! hahaha... like an ah siao!

re: trials

BUSYBUDDIES TRIAL
seems like many can make it on 2Feb.. anymore mummies wanna join?

FIRST STEP PLAYGROUP by KIDSLOFT
I emailed Lavinia last Sat on the trial for this class and now in the midst of arranging the dates and time.. It would be good if we put it end feb or beg Mar? let me know your pref? It's tentatively Sat afternoon, timing to be advised by her. Meanwhile, can chk out details here:
http://kidsloft.wordpress.com/

Trial fees $45
Date and timing:
Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm

This Sat 26th Jan 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Yoshi/Kieira
4. erin/Kayden
Pls add on

Next Sat 2nd Feb 1.15pm
1. Piyo/Megan
2. jokojoko/aidan
3. Augustmum/ zac
4. Yoshi/Kieira
5. amberlyn/jord
6. babyboy/ Keiran
Pls add on

hi piyo,
i can't make it on sat morns on mar cos i have driving lessons except for 1/3. guess i'll give that a miss.

Hi Leobbsmum,
Congrats!
My ger also don't like dolls leh. Everytime when we try to give it to her, she'll shake her head. or worst, throw it away. Only interested in balls. Haiz...not very lady like hor.

Hi Kelly,
A Big Congratulations for becoming 3rd time mum
happy.gif
Rest well and welcome to the world, bb stella! May you grow up prettily and healthily
happy.gif

Hi piyo, Thanks for updating and arranging for trials. I am ok with kidsloft too. Timing to be decided later and preferably weekends.

Hi mummies,
Kelly popped ard 3pm. Stella has umbilical cord ard her neck 2x. She pushed herself out. Stella is now in NICU cos of breathing difficulties and low sugar level...

hi Erin,
AIYO! you blur liao! I wrote tentatively Sat AFTERNOON lei, not mornings.. so can make it not???

Hi yoshi,
Megan loves balls too.. tat's y you see so many balls at my place last week
happy.gif

Thanks Yoshi! ya, dunno why they just love balls! =P iregardless of sizes, and even balloons! =P

piyo, pls keep us updated of stella's condition. thanks! will pray for her.

wow....so dangerous to read abt the umbilical cord around neck. I had my own scary experience too when i gave birth to first one.

So mummies that are expecting, please be very careful abt bb's movement especially around due date ya. If bb kicks alot, it may also signal distress leh.

piyo,
are you planning to visit kelly? if you are arranging, pls call or sms me ok. I'm going out of office after i post this.

kelly,
congrats!! Rest well and hope stella be out of NICU soon...

piyo,
pls let me know if u all intend to visit kelly as well...

Kelly just called me.. she sounded ok, told me baby's blue, got wet lungs and hence breathing difficulties, got to draw the mucus out but shd be ok
happy.gif
baby weighs about 2.6kg, head circumference about 32cm
happy.gif

those who would like to visit Kelly, when would you like to go down? natural delivery is 3d2n right? so either tonight or tomorrow night? Let me know your pref... think tomorrow night better? what you all think? I am checking with her on her check-out date.

Hi yoshi,
Shauna has cord ard her neck too? yours is normal delivery? Stella reminds me of Megan too, cos also cord ard the neck 2x and not growing.. very stressful for mummies!

piyo,
when jazzele is born, hubby also say my gynae say she has her cord around her neck too but i am not sure if its 2x....scary...

Glad Kelly & gal are fine.

Leobbsmum - Congrats.Do take care.

Guess some of our babies are kungfu fighters..Gen has been one since young. She slept in between me & my hubby at night..keep kicking, punching etc us..buay tahan.

piyo,
Pls send my well wishes to Kelly and hope Stella gets better soon! I can't make it at nite bcos need to rush home to take over from mil and get her dinner.

cynthia,
me also super light sleeper, i dun remember the last time i had really slept since 1st pregnancy. i know everytime when denise moves, will check on her when she makes any noise.

leobbsmom,
ya denise also very rough when she plays, i try to keep my tummy away from her as much as i could. but sometimes she'll still insist on sitting on my lap and lean on my tummy, makes me breathless

Back