(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

Ivy,
Last year was just to try out and see how Isabel will respond in class. Other than walking around the class sometimes, she's quite ok le. But 1 day the teacher commented that she kept lying down on the floor. Apparently she was sleepy and konk out when reached home!

bbloh and fates,
I emailed Mok liao. Once confirmed, see ya!

Ivy,
It's this sat 10am I think?

bbloh,

Will the trial suit our toddler's age group? Can't find much info in the kampong's webby?!

Ivy,

COme lehhhh

<font color="0000ff">fates,
Should be suitable since it's stated that:</font>
"We offer parent-and-child music &amp; movement and play programes, which focus on newborns and toddlers up to 3 years old."

Hi Ivy,

Think X and R sama sama can be good friend. his fav activities is hi 5 thu, he dun like barney. Same video day in n day out, he not sianz and will keep asking us to ON for him...keke

Would love to go to the trial but cant this week. Going malaysia... u guys try it out n let me know lei...thanks!

<font color="0000ff">Sherrie,
Are you registering Isabel or Zach for the trial? If it's for Isabel, Mok said you haven't sign up leh.

fates,
Mok confirmed that you have registered for Jarrett when I e-mailed her just now. C ya!

Ivy &amp; others,
Join leh! Maybe we can have a mini makan gathering after that.</font>

joyce,
X will switch on and play the disc himself! last resort is off electricity then he will keep pressing the buttons.

trial:
this sat? cannot...got ppl coming my house.

yo SS1

i have PM u
happy.gif

Happy V day!!! "Love is in the air!"

My boy kenna fever mysteriously last night
sad.gif

Found him hot when i got home in the evening, and immediately gave him Calpol. Hope he get well asap if not gotta give this Sat a miss....
sad.gif

Must be the mandarin oranges' ..

<font color="0000ff">fates,
What is Calpol?

Did you receive any PM from pinkapple regarding some dance classes?</font>

<font color="0000ff">My friend from another forum is considering to enrol her son (also May 2006 BB) in dance classes. She's trying to arrange a trial class but the date is not confirmed yet. If you're interested, you can let me know your e-mail addr, contact number and kid's name, and I'll put you to her.</font>

Here are the dance classes which I'm considering...

<font color="aa00aa">1. The Boogie Bug</font> is starting a new class for 18 months to 2.5 year-o-s.
I think they do more than Dance. It's more like a music programme i think.

venue: Dance on Us
near Scotts Road.

It'll be on Sat. Timing should be 11am or later.

<font color="aa00aa">2. Bill's Kid-Danz</font>
New class for 2 to 3 year olds.

Fri 4pm.
same venue as as above

<font color="aa00aa">3. http://www.swingapore.com/dancebabes.htm</font>
There's a class for 2 to 3 year olds on Sat 12 noon.

For more info:
http://www.toyboxedu-tainment.com/programmes.htm

Hi Ivy,

Am reading some mag n there is an article on education for bbies..now having 2nd tots of letting him stay at home n do nothing but play..

thinking for sending R for some enrichment courses during the weekend..any good recommendations

joyce,
weekends, wat do you do for him?
if you plan activities like painting, going to parks, reading then its the same as enrichment classes minus the virus! haha..

mummies
just got back from bangkok short trip on tues...waa lots of posts to catch up on!

re May babies bd celeb
count me in too! would love to meet up wif the rest of the May mummies here...

milo66
my ger is oso on the wait list for NY kindi cos my close fren sends her dd there &amp; she raves abt their mandarin focus. We reckon that since we speak English primarily at home, it's a good idea to let her build her Mandarin foundation in an environment that is pro-Mandarin. however, not sure abt her chance of getting in, so i'm still sourcing &amp; looking ard for schs near my place so that last min dun hv to panic haha. Do u hv any idea when they will inform us if we stand a chance or not?

re trial this Sat
i've just called Mok &amp; she'll get back to me if she can still slot me in for the 10 am trial...the prog sounds fun! thanks bbloh for the lobang!

May babies 2nd Birthday celebrations.
Put your name down if keen. Choose between May 1st and May 17th.

1) Joyce
2) Milo
3) Ivy (May 17th)
4) Fates (May 1st)
5) SS1 (Either one is fine)
7) Cheri (either date)

Cheri,
if you dont hear from NY by Oct that means bo chances liao
sad.gif
Have you chk out Chiltern? St james church kindergarten is also one of the popular ones.But my HB dont like
sad.gif

littletot
oct ah? that's a long way to go! do u know wat place r u on the waiting list? how old was ur child when u put her on it? my ger was 2-3 mths old then hahah...my fren told me during that time so we fast hand fast leg lol

chiltern, SJK, we find r too ex &amp; i honestly think not necessary. NY, we dun mind, cos it really offers sthg diff (mandarin focus) but wat we can find at Chiltern, SJK, Eton etc. i believe can get from other centres...maybe quality of teachers might differ slightly.

btw, i just checked out Learning Ladder this morning...not too bad, but min. age is 30 mths.

cheri,
WOW! you really fast hand fast leg leh!!! I only put my gal on WL last mth and the Q for phase 4 is almost 200!!! Faintz.. Dont think will even have a micro mini chance since they only that in 60 per yr.

Which branch did you go to for Learning Ladder? I stay near Holland V .Also looking for school near my place
happy.gif

littletot
haha like u said, since no need to pay $ for waitlist, must be fast lor..actually more cos my fren raved abt it to me lah, if not i wun even hv thot of sending her to ny.

i visited the LL at highgate (bukit timah)...i stay in toh yi so it's only abt 2 bus stops from my place...HV should hv many schs too...I checked out the Carpe Diem in Watten too recently, v nice too but my only reservation abt it is that they only started that branch in Dec 06 so things not really fully in place yet esp curriculum stuff but the space is nice, well ventilated &amp; colourful...wat other schs hv u checked out? share share leh...any other mummies stay in the west?

cheri,
have not gone down to visit any yet. Lazy mummy here ..LOL. Called Chiltern today.Official in-take for 06 babies is in Apr.However if want, can go down and make payment liao.

Carpe Diem @ Watten
They conduct the class in english only?

So far had shortlisted Chiltern @ Turf City, Maris stella Kindi.Will look for another 2 places or so before visiting all in a day
happy.gif

littletot
CD @ Watten has a Chinese teacher too...bilingual prog...can go check it out, not too bad.

re mummies at trial this morning
fates, sheri, bbloh, nice to c u today! did i miss any mummy out? hope my ger din scare ur kids today, dunno why, but she's super hyper today..it's not like that all the time, our Gymboree trial recently was a disaster. We arrived late, she was crying &amp; clinging to us thru out the whole session, refusing to participate. But this is really one of the trials that i've seen her enjoy herself so much...bbloh, thanks for the great lobang again! hope to c u all soon!

Mummies,
the terrible two syndrome is here! My gal favourite word now is "NO, NO". Will scream at the top of her voice when cannot get her way.Anyone having the same problem?

littletot
mine mine 'No, No' too hahhaa...plus she gets violent when she doesn't get her toys/way etc...will raise her hand to hit others (younger or older kids, us). It's like her first reaction when she's angry. It's kinda funny though when she shouts 'no' to other kids at the playground though she's not even in it yet...even when she's on the slide, she'll shout 'no' to them if they so much as wanna climb the steps to the slide...faint!

hi littletot,

my gal also very fond of saying "No" to us these days. She seemed to understand the meaning of "no". For eg, she dun like to drink milk. When we ask her whether she will want "milk", she will say "Nooooooo" to emphasize her point. She will onli answer "Yes" when we ask whether she wants to go "gai gai" or if she loves "mummy", "daddy"...hai.

I was throughly appalled too when i realised she's throwing tantrums when she can't get her things...and that means sitting down and kicking her legs...am tinking how i shld "discipline" her liao...

Hi mummies,

Thanks for telling me that I am not alone. My boy started his terrible two syndrome much earlier and I really at my wits end on how to discipline him. His first reaction when he is angry is either to throw things, slap us if we are carrying him or suddenly sits down on the floor and arch his head back trying to hit his head on the floor (usually we will run forth to hold him incase he slam his head down) but if we carry him and dun give him wat he wants, he will start to kick and slap us ... but if we dun pick him up ... he will start to scream and cry and roll on the floor !!!!!! I really have phobia bringing him out ...

1) Joyce
2) Milo
3) Ivy (May 17th)
4) Fates (May 1st)
7) Cheri (either date)
8) Taurus ( May 1st)

ino
i can understand wat u mean by u were appalled...though i had read up quite a bit abt T2 tantrums etc, but the first time my ger threw a tantrum in a mall, cried, screamed &amp; sat/lie on the floor, i was totally taken aback &amp; dinno how to react...it's like, how could my angel suddenly become this monster b4 me?! lol

taurus
i'm like u too...v scared to go for home playdates as it's so stressful, hv to constantly be ard her when she plays lest she hits others which is quite often now. Really pray for this phase to pass soon. Some pp say, the earlier they start T2, it will oso end soon...i'm hoping for that haha

Hi Taurus,

Yup! that's exactly wat happened to me too! My boy even bite me when i tried to stop him. once blue black n my colleagues tot its love bite ;p

Caning n talking does not seem to work nowadays
sad.gif

Nice meeting you mummies at the kampong trial too! It's definitely better than Gymboree
happy.gif

I wonder if Kindermusik is similar?

Cheri,

N is not like what you'd described at all! She is so sociable and adorable! I can't help laughing at the way she petted the 11mth-old baby
lol.gif
. It's a sign you should consider having your no.2!

My boy...needs time to warm up, and he's abit shocked we're in a class! He certainly loves the music session and I'm seriously considering to enrol him in such program. Anyone interested? So that all May babies can have fun together?

bbloh,

Oh ya forgot to reply u...Calpol is the kids panadol. My boy's fever last one day so I reckon it's due to teething?!

Ya just saw pinkapple's PM. Interested if timing is ok! PMed her already.

T2...
heng my son T2 haven come..haha..or maybe he is constantly in his T2 mood? i was thinking, he is bigger liao, can be more relaxed. and here you are..scaring me with T2 tantrums!

okie,
we have 8 interested mummies for the party...and one interested one lurking ard.

lets think where is good? any recommendations and contacts?

fates
i attended kindermusik trial b4..yes,it's largely similar, they oso incorp song &amp; movt, pass out instruments etc. They even paste the lyrics to the songs being sung on the walls so that parents can sing along easier.

i'm thinking oso of sending her for such music sessions but not sure where...actually kampong playhouse not too bad lah, wonder if their rates r cheaper than kindermusik? maybe we can do a kindermusik trial &amp; compare?

haha 'petting' the child is an understatement...yes, i can safely tell u N is oso the slow to warm up &amp; reserved type, but maybe the music kinda helped to loosen her up. Maybe music does hv a wonderful effect on them!

ivy
ya we better start planning early...can we not hv places like globetrotters? i always feel that place is over-rated? haha

cheri,
all the plcs i called required at least 15...even Mac need 10kids.

shall we do at someone's condo event hall then rent some big toys and cater some food?

Hi Ivy,

Good idea
happy.gif
we can also engage pple to conduct some activities...i will check how much it cost to engage those ballon pple. got his namecard somewhere @ home
;p

ivy
yes, the condo venue &amp; rental of big toys sounds great to me...actually that is more informal &amp; cosier compared to some structured prog that we hv to adhere to...esp when tots' moods etc come into play hahhaa

Hi Cheri,

Yes I don't mind going for kindermusik trial. Are you arranging? hee..

Ivy..How about picnic at the beach? Scared condo nothing much for the tots to do?!

Hi mummies,
Wah..seems like our little toddlers know how to choose his preference, not sure apply to others but definitely for k.
@ times k can be so stubborn that he willing bears mummy's cane instead of picking up the stuffs that he throw on the floor. Same repeat show happend last nite. My ma used the "sweet talk" to K also useless. He only willing to pick up the water bottle cover after 11th canes.
He repeated throw the cover after 20mins. He shake his head said 'No'when i asked him to pick up. The min i showed him the cane, he picked up.
I do explain to him that why i cane him and telling him e consquence etc? I found useful for k, @ least he won't throw my clock anymore,my cds, toys on the wall and e spoilt HiFi that he throw few mths ago.

1) Joyce
2) Milo
3) Ivy (May 17th)
4) Fates (May 1st)
7) Cheri (either date)
8) Taurus ( May 1st)
9) Annie ( May 1st)

fates
r u ftwm? which day do u prefer? any particular Kindermusik outlet u prefer? i've heard of Rhythm in Mind too...music kinda classes as well. One of the mummies i know prefers that to Kindermusik...must check wif her why.

hi mummies,
just back from Toys Wearhouse Sales at Safra Toa Payoh. 22 feb-24 feb, 10am-6pm. CASH ONLY.

PlayDoh, Playskool, Boardgames, StarWars and many more.. Very good deal. Playdoh starting from $2.

Happy shopping!

Back