(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

Yvonne,

how to do hand express huh? me very sotong leh

Ivy,
Kevan also like that these days especially in the morning till noon. I tried put him in rocker, cot etc sure wail but if i put him on my bed and i sit w him, it settle him and he went to sleep. Otherwise must carry and rock till he is sound asleep then can put in cot
sad.gif

ivy,

My girl also naughty today.. making all kinds of funny noises on bed.. giggles very much just now! But i forgive her becaus whenever i kiss her, she smile heee..

twinkle,

count me in.. u are not the only sotong here.. heeee... i also dunno what is hand express :p

kk,

my boy haven learn to smile yet leh...And he got 3 frown lines on the forehead!

Hey, for those using nepia, is it good? I just bought Drypers to try but cannot find the indicator leh. Pampers got a nice line indicator to chk if need to change but a bit siong to use Pampers cos he is pooing so often! i wll go bankrupt soon.

hi hazel

we booked the double storey chalet at East Coast, so we put baby upstairs, can also breastfeed her in the room. Downstairs will be the buffet, and the guests can hang around the outdoor area. They go upstairs to see baby lor... heheh, yar, dun need to clear up after that - that's the whole purpose, and we checked out the very night at 11 plus...

Hi twinkle and KK

Hheheheh, no lar! Then i am also sotong lor! Dunno leh, hand express, i just use my hand and press press and press lor! hahahah, and the milk spurt into the bottle... but i surfed the net just now, and found this link, which gives instructions:

http://www.breastfeeding.com/helpme/helpme_images_expression.html

Hi ivy

my bb's also a frowner... hmmmm... i wonder if that will stay...

Am using nepia... can order directly from supplier... they having promo at $14 per pack till june or july... and they give away $5 ntuc vouchers for every carton you buy. One carton is 4 packs, and they offer free delivery to your house (for purchase of 4 packs)

Yup, i feel that nepia is good... very soft on baby's skin compared to pampers. But of course pampers is super absorbent, but at least nepia does not leak (so far)

Hi Pooh

The no. is 62262650.

For S size (up to 5 kg) there are 54 pcs (if i am not wrong, better double check)
For M size (6 to 12 kg) there are 48 pcs.

I bought 1 pack S, used it within 12 days (together with pampers dry which i use at nite).

Then i ran out yest, so rushed to NTUC to buy, they only have M and L size... they also have promo - buy 2 for $28.95... so i bought M... still too loose for my gal...

Hi ivy

Oh yes, nepia does, even for its M size. i think i remembered someone telling me that pampers does not have the urine indicator for its M size.

Ivy,

pampers has indicator?? U mean pampers premium rite?? How come i so sotong, until now still dunno got indicator line haha.. where exactly will the line show?

Yvonne,

Later i try hand express haha.. but i doubt it works on me.. let's seee...

My bb sleeps through the nite, as long as 7-8 hours. So i wonder whether nepia will leak or not. Pampers is highly absorbent. When i bathe her every morning, the whole pampers diaper very heavy with urine, yet doesn't leak!

Ya, use pampers very siong.. somemore milk powder also replenish often.. one trip to NTUC can easily cost us $150
sad.gif

Mummies,

Tomorrow bringing my niece out.. so put bb at in laws place tonite. Now miss bb leh
sad.gif
The house seems so quiet. When she is around, can be pretty "fan", but now she is not around, seems something is missing.

kk,

i am using the pampers for newborns. think its the premium? The line is in the middle of the diapers. Yellow turn blue to indicate to change.

How much the pampers cost huh? i only know its expensive but mine was gift. So i dunno wat is the price.

Ivy,
Nepia indicator is similar to pampers. I find Nepia is cheap and good lor especially if u use diapers all day. The good thing is delivery is free and u can mix the sizes.

ivy yeo,

i always forget the price for premium haha.. think NTUC around $22.60. One packet of 58 can be used up within 2 weeks leh. Siong hor? Luckily my mil will be using more of cloth diapers at her side. So i foresee we only need to use at nite and also over weekends when we fetch the bb back from work next time.

They say malaysia sell cheaper. Half the price sing dollars. But dunno is it premium or not. Maybe my SIL see wrongly.

Twinkle,

Probably i get one M sized nepia from NTUC and try first, before calling for bulk purchase. I think my baby girl can start on M sized nepia now, since she weigh 4.4 kg on her visit to Dr Ong last Monday. I guess she should have cross 5 kg liao heeee.. no point buying S sized anymore.

ladies,

went shopping last weekend and wah so sad, so many nice clothings on sale yet cannot fit leh. used to be able to fit into M/L now L cant even pull up my butt. me sttill look like few mths preggy with my buldging tummy. how huh? no clothes to wear when going out now loh :p

yvonne/kk,

ur bb can fit nepia M liao? i ordered 3 packs of S last week and was thinking of ordering few more since now got promo mah. so can start stocking on M liao?

the $5 voucher is they send to ur addy?

milo,

i read that nepia cutting pretty big? So if bb exceeds 5 kg, can still fit into S sized??

Haha, same here.. now i can fit everywhere except my hips and tummy. So irritating! When i went shopping last week, u know the clothes i took for trying all L or XL sized ones. I dun dare to try M sized anymore. Sure cannot fit although looks big. And i bought some tops from G2000. Previously just need size 7. Now need size 11!!! I think it is somehow the biggest they had.

hi gina,
i have no idea about the appearance of the rashes. it's just that the skin suddenly felt itchy and so i scratched lor...i will definitely see a doc within these 2 days...the itch is a bit unbearable despite applying cream.

i'm having my buffet at lao beijing (plaza singapura). ala-carte hi tea buffet is $13.80++ for adults.

hi kk,
i dun even want to try clothes now. when i went zara, i can't even fit into their size 40/42 pants. ;-( damn demoralising.

i find nepia really quite good...cheap and affordable...definitely going to order more. still got 1 pack of S size yet to be used.

kk/ino,

haha i agree. now i am still wearing my maternity clothes when i go shopping since i cant fit into my previous clothes. all those salesgirl gave me a funny look like why is this preggy here..:p

tried a few nicer looking bra, all dun have my size, lingerie lagi worse with a belly..haha so sick of my cartoon pj at hm. seems like this is all i have for hsewear liao

hi gals,
i got this prob, anyone can help me to solve?
My boy loves to cry at nights especially when we want to put him to his cot bed.
He would stop crying if we carry him... however, we can't do that all the time cos we oso want to sleep or do other things.
Wonder how come he has such habit since only my hubby n i carry him to feed him.
Last night, he got settle down when we put him in the middle of our bed.
My parents stated that becos we didnt pray the "room god".. strange..

annie,

my baby also like tat.. she loves to sleep on our bed.. so if she just refuses to sleep, we would put her in the middle of our bed while we sleep on both sides
happy.gif

I think the bb really need security like what ivy has mentioned. My mil say babies love "ren qi", dun like to be alone.

Milo,

Haha, i feel paiseh when i go shopping. i scared pple feel strange how come preggie shop for normal clothes heeeee...

i also wear cartoon pyjamas at home.. i buy pyjamas from pasar malam.. so much comfy. i asked hubby when will have pasar malam again i would want to buy a few more. I can't fit into my home shorts anymore.. i have top but no bottom, so got to wear pyjamas at home everyday
sad.gif

Twinkle,

i oso taking papaya soup, fish soup and longan tea for lactation. keep thinking about baby during expressing helps. but a bit unbalance, cos my right side contribute 2/3 of the ms. now in dilemma, dunno should i visit wong bb for consultation to see if there is way to let my baby latch on.

Anyone who has the same prob here?

Yvonne,
Ur stitches below dissolve in 3/4 wks, wat abt the wound pain? My cut is rather long due to forcep delivery and it still hurts when i go toilet, v depressing...now is already 2 wks after delivery.

Hi Ivy

I dunno when the voucher is valid till... apparently the no. we call is the hong kong office. But i noe that the voucher will be mailed to our add.

Hi kk & milo

Actualli my bb still can wear s size... I called just now to purchase 2 'S' & 2 'M'.

KK, so good! your bb sleep thru the nite! 7 to 8 hours somemore! Mine the max is 4 hours...

Hi Hazel

The rental of my east coast chalet is $130 plus i think, cannot rem. Rental of the bbq was $18.

Buffet was $10 per pax, and my in-laws settled the bbq stuff...

Hi Racoon

Hmmmm, i asked quite a lot of pple, and they say usualli the wound will heal (and pain will go) max within 4 weeks. Dun worri, when i was in week 2, it was still slightly painful... and i dread going to the toilet... dun worri, it will go...

I was told that it is normal for breasts to be imbalance... whether pregnant or not, or when expressing milk... hehehhe, mine is quite imbalance too...

Racoon,

are you still using the antiseptic lotion to wash? I am 2 weeks liao, the pain is gone but the stiches are still there.

Yvonne, Ivy,

I oso dread going to toilet. however, i am drinking a lot of water and soup to increase milk expression. to add on, i was given stool softener and i have to go toilet many many times a day. so much so that the antiseptic lotion is used up by 1st week.

my gynae gave me a tube of antiseptic/lubrication for application. he say use twice a day. but after washing and drying the wound so many times a day, the medication is not effective on my wound by 2/3 hr after application...sigh

thanks, i can't wait for the pain to go. now, i move around more slowly (worse than pregy) to prevent agitating the wound.

Hi Ivy & Raccoon
Hang on and the pain will go away.Think my stich came off yesterday!!!

I am so exhausted!!!

Racoon,

i was given EUSOL lotion to wash 3 times a day during my 1st week visit to the gynae. But i use it every time i visit the toilet. This will ensure no infection and help the wound to recover faster. Maybe you wan to use yours more than 2 times?

Hi Raccoon,

My pain also drag for abt 2 1/2 wks.i didn't dare to ask gynea how many stitches she made tht time, although i knew tht the cut was long due to vacuum assisted..

Hi kk,

We bathe baby with warm water(boiled), how abt after one month, can use the shower heater warm water?

hi mummies,
i'm back!!! wah... so many things to catch up with
happy.gif

i'm plannin for my baby's first mth celebration and looking for caterers... does anyone have any recommendation? i recall seeing a list of caterers that someone has put up some time back but can't seem to find it anymore...

hi race,
i agree with you! i had many stitches also due to vacuum assisted delivery... fortunately the pain n swelling has gone off now...

kk,
i think u can still buy S size as Nepia S is fm 4-8kg so i guess that shld be the right size. M could be slightly big lor. anyway i will try M size once i finish my 3 S packs
happy.gif
Just finished the 60 pieces of NB

Gals,

i m also trying Sealers diapers. It seems not bad and price also cheap. Of course Nepia is still a few cents cheaper lah. So far i only see sealers sold in Giant and seiyu.

hi gals,
how to break the habit of bb treating ur nipples like a dummy huh? my bb refused to sleep wor. sometimes i dunno if she is hungry or just yearning for my nipple.

hi galz,
im now in my 3rd week and my stitches came off too ... no more pain liao but dun dare to wipe though just kept on rinse wif warm water n dab till dry... eh i discovered whenever my CL prepare black bean soup i will always go toilet pai sai .. is it like those lao sai type no need to even use the stool softener. Heard that some galz will have constipation during confinement? But funni leh .. frm discharge till now everyday pass motion dunno how many times liao. Dab till i siao ar as need to wash very long den clean.. duhz and used up so many toilet paper sial..

kk,
think my MS dropping too ... think lack of zzz and i drink too little liquid.. today morning 5am (havent zz yet so pump as felt engorged).. 1st pump only abt 130ml.. den 2nd pump just now 2plus only 60ml.. so sad !!! not even engorged ar, just pump to test water c got how much MS.

gals,

after confinement, can we take coconut stuff like nasi lemak, laksa etc....? i got craving to eat leh and ice cream also.

hazel,

hi5! My hubby also complain that why this 2 weeks toilet paper used up so fast! haha...

i am in week 2 now, only can pump 70ml ( total of 2 sides) every 3 hrs. Morning is the best, can pump 110ml. So your 130ml is still quite good!

ivy,

my mum say no seafood and duck for 4 mths!!!

twinkle,

My mum allow me to eat coconut liao
happy.gif
So i believe after confinement 30 days can eat already
happy.gif

Race C,

Now i bathe bb with heater water
happy.gif
My mil used to use boiled water.

hi gals,

all i can do now is to distract myself from the wound pain. will count down to another 1 wk for pain to subside. actually, i did not follow medication instruction. i applied generously instead of thin film. hehehe...

not only the toilet paper supplies run out fast, tissue papers (for espressing milk) oso depleting fast.

Great! now i can eat liao. i saw ice cream on offer and so tempted. Ya, no seafood for 4 mths, never mind lah anyway i got other things to eat mah. u know my mum dun allow me to hv cold drinks or ice cream for another mth. Sigh! so much abt old tales.

Bookworm, i also want to do rebonding but my hair stylist ask me not to do leh. She say hair drop the most within the first 3 mths so better avoid chemical. But my hair cannot make it liao and i had to bun everyday.

toilet paper and tissue replenishment, me just came back fm NTUC. like Raccoon, expressing also use lots of tissue paper. Ever since delivery , i been going toilet for business very often not sure why suddenly my body system seems to be working hard.

Same same .. my CL ask mi not to take seafood for 100 days even though im not c-sec ..

my hb very bad sial .. now im on confinement.. he still go stock up a few tub ICE CREAM and buy so much orange juice .. see liao so gian

When can start to drink icy drink ar .. was thinking on the full month buffet tattime dunno can eat those dishes n desserts or cold drink a not as not yet 30 days though... only 26 days ..

hazel,

When i was on confinement, my hubby every nite ate the ice cream that leftover in the fridge. Very "gan kor" leh, cannot eat haha.. now i indulge in ice cream again :p

For 1st mth buffet, i didn't get to eat the food at all because undercatered heee.. i only get to eat a little of mutton curry, tauhu telor. Can't even eat prawns although got leftover.

I started to drink icy drinks around week 6 which is this week
happy.gif
But not much lah. I only prefer soya bean milk
happy.gif
So i am glad i can drink it cold from the fridge now
happy.gif

huh, means we can only rebond our hair after 3 months ah..I want to go facial, highlight my hair and rebond it. Looks so aunty now. Gosh

Can someone pls advice,when can we highlight our hair and rebond? 3 months?
How abt facial?

Back