(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Hi all

For the fun of it.. I have added in my baby photo to april_mtb yahoo fotos.. think will be fun if we can add in the following fotos:

1. tummies
2. b4 preggie
3. preggie
4. our own baby foto
5. our darling bb's foto (after they pop)
6. maybe our hb's fotos as well (so we can help each other see if our bb look like ourselves or our hb?)

Hi terrier, me too at work.

kao_yawn.gif

no mood 2 work. coy got issue email tat can go home @ 3pm after boss allows; but not heard from boss if really can go home or not.

Very sian 2day.
kao_sad.gif

2morrow then is eve...

Me next Sat then checkup.. but gynae nv mentioned on any blood test leh. A bit exciting 2c Elsy on next Sat.. she been rather active.. been kicking me so hard tat i can see the skin ard my tummy "jumps" up.
kao_biggrin.gif

terrier

Don't know leh.. my gynae made me go for the test after I told him I got family history of diabetes... hungry like mad! Think the worst is that we are supposed to fast from 12 midnight onwards.. no water and no food.. and moreover I get so thristy nowadays.. not being able to drink water for 12 hours is a terrible feeling
sad.gif

I can't wear 2 of my maternity pants already.. so only left with one piece.. don't know whether shld buy one more or not?

My bb also moves quite alot nowadays.. and she responds more to my hb's voice than my voice! So jealous..

Hey Hunniepot! Me gg for the test tomolo too! My mom has diabetes cause her pancreas fail to pdce insulin, so me gotta go for 3 bld test tomolo morning 830am and was told to fast from 12 tonite...till end of test, ie 1030. dunno how to tahan w/o water..mmm...me gonna play majong tonite, normally will munch on snacks to keep myself awake loh...sigh...

Today me in holiday mood tho gotta work. Lotsa pple frm office either full or half day.
365582.gif

Juzmaine

Yeah lor.. then I ended up emptying my bladder last night... and was told to give urine sample when I first reached there.. and I told them that I didn't drink water for 9 hours already.. how to produce urine? So in the end I drank a little bit of water.. and wasted 30 mins waiting for the urine sample.. so that is why my test took up 2 1/2 hours..

Evon

Which one do you intend to get?

I already have the silver pooh bumpermat.. am thinking of getting the piano pooh floormat if they have that collection

I oso xianz at work.... somemore yesterday ganna big arrow from boss....
sad.gif
they put me in-charge of another sub-team, of which the guy is a problematic guy... he once hurt me emotionally through unpleasant words when I was at initial stage of pregnancy....that got me badly affected...from then onwards, I try to avoid him to protect myself....

But now, yet I got to handle him ...
sad.gif

Hunniepot, I oso considering whether to join the bumpermat purchase or not leh, thinking whether it's too early to buy now?

hunniepot,
I'm helping my mumto spring clean a little bit. Will only be having reunion dinner tmr so tmr afternoon is preparation time for me
happy.gif

juzmaine,
heehee...I also intend to play mj tonight but cannot find kaki leh coz all kakis busy with either packing their house or dinner. May u win alot tonight!!

Re: At Work
Me also at work, more like housekeeping actually. last few days was a mad rush trying to send out all the new year gifts to the customers. finally, today can sit down at the office for the whole day.

Re: Fotos
Will try to take some pixs for uploading during the CNY. hee!

Btw, Here's wishing all of you & your family a happy & prosperous new year!

i juz saw my gynae on tuesday. He'll be seeing me every fortnightly liao. my BB at 30 weeks is approx. 1.5kg. BB also turned ard liao. Nowadays, bb very active unless i turn on his favourite music.

terrier

Don't let insignificant pple affect our lifes.. esp when it comes to our loved ones.. it is not worth it at all.. let him say whatever he wants to say.. just treat him as invisible

I just got the bumpermat from my korean friend.. it is all packaged up.. so can keep aside for awhile.. and heard from some mummies that they found it convenient to place bb on the mat as it is easier to play with them..

daphne

My bb is only 1.1 kg at 29th weeks.. think she is kind of small
sad.gif

Just took a picture of my tummy and it REALLY cannot make it..the stretch marks are so hideous unless I do some touch-up to the picture...

Happy Lunar New Year to all April MTBs!

hi hunniepot

my gynae says when my bb comes out at birth, could possibly be 3.2kg. that is his estimation.
Anyway, no worries. maybe your size smaller mah.

Wow, me so long nvr post liao.. Been working late again for these few weeks. Damn tired and exhausted. Juz recovered not long from my flu and body aches.

I have put on 10kg and this is my 29th week. My boy weighs 1.2 kg at 28wks. I will also be taking the glucose test next week. Hope I can refrain myself fm eating too many ba guas.. Yum Yum..

Juzmaine, u still look slim even when u r pregnant now..

Juz now asked hubby take photo.. Dun really think can post cos I think I dun really look good. My hubby said our hse got 3 fei pos (myself and my 2 dogs)

Just came back from the market. Hmm...couldn't really get much things for my steamboat tmr. Still havn't buy quail eggs, chilli fish balls etc. So my mum and hb have to make another trip to another market. Hopefully they will be able to get the items that we couldn't buy just now, otherwise tmr steamboat will be missing alot of my fav!!

Happy New Year gals! I juz had my test & the result is juz borderline, which means I've to cut down on sugar intake & deep-fried stuffs..no wonder overweight again & BB too (he's now 1035g for 26th week, rightfully shld be 900-1ooog). Sigh, cannot eat orange, choc liao..so sad. & another 2kg put on in Jan...me went mkt to buy lunch juz nw but lotsa stalls are oredi closed & there r long Qs for those opened..

Hi all..

How did your reunion dinner go? Super tiring day for me.. was preparing for the dinner non-stop from morning till now... I can finally take a breather now..
kao_biggrin.gif

Anyway.. once again.. have a Happy Lunar New Year to all you ladies and your beloved babies!
kao_cheers.gif

Hi Mummies

Happy CNY to all of u!
happy.gif
Hope everyone gonna to have a wonderful year, with our bbs coming...
happy.gif

Finally I can have time to log in...So tired from yesterday's cleaning and today's visiting....Tomorrow still have another round of entertaining to go...

Hunniepot, thank u for listening to my problem....Hopefully I can learn to be more bochap over these type of ppl...

Happy CNY to all.

What a CNY to spend..

hey, anybody wants to start off with a list of common questions you were asked by your relatives this year on your pregnancy?

Hi all,
Happy lunar New Year. Wishing all April Mom and babies inside our womb to be in best of health.

Aiyah, just one hour after the dog year arrive, I feel my contraction again. This time not so painful but I got to take my pills immediately. It last for a good 15 mintues.

My husband's relatives came to know of my contraction problem. Aiyoh, one of them kept telling me that I am not suppose to wear jean. I told her that the jean I am wearing is a maternity jean. She said also cannot and she go on and on and on.

Other question are very common like when are you going to give birth, are you feeling all right... blah blah blah.

Hi all!

Hows the visiting coming along? I don't intend to visit those not so close relatives of mine this year.. can be quite tiring to lug this tummy all over Singapore this lunar new year..

terrier

No worries
happy.gif
Remember.. just think of your lovely bb whatever happens at work.. and I am sure you will feel better
happy.gif

My relatives haven't been asking me many qns.. just that they asked if I am still working.. gotta bluff my hb side that I am.. cos my MIL doesnt know that I have become a SAHMTB...

Just roughly about 2 more months to go b4 our babies pop out into this world.. haven't really grasp the reality that I am going to be someone else's mother soon... :

Good Morning Ladies,
happy.gif

Non of my relatives asked me any questions regarding my pregnancy leh. Only my auntie asked me if the CL I engaged is good and how I got to know her etc 'cos she had heard too many bad things abt CL. So I guess she is being concerned lor.

I'm also very excited at the thought that we are left with about 2 months or so! My hubby gave our baby an ang pow by placing it on my tummy. My bb kicked very exciting when he did that. Haaa.. so cute.

Enjoy your holidays!

Cheers~

Morning Ladies,

Have been busy lately..preparing for the new year..

Have a Happy n Prosperous New Year to all Mummies to Be in APril n Healthy Babies in April!!

Looks like most of u enjoy ur holidays. Somebody just reminded me that bb cannot name "Elsy" becoz the pronunication sounds "L C"... so hb n I decided not to have english name at all.

Sigh.

Then bb gave me weird dreams on 1st night of dog year.. i dreamt tat it had something to do with my mom n i cried in my dreams.

Guess what, I had a bad quarrel with her. She insisted that I went around to visit those relatives' houses as they came over my mom's place every year. But I m pregnant now n not as if very convenient to walk around n up n down. It was so bad that we didn't talk since then. Sometimes, I just admired all of your moms. My mom does not like to call me either at home or on mobile. Then when I called her, she either sleeping or not at home or at work. She doesn't bother to call back most of the times.

With the pregnancy like this, how I wish she cares more abt me... but she only cares abt her face. Cares abt her other people look at her especially if all her children go visit those relatives. She claimed that if don't visit means no jia1 jiao4.

Sigh.. what a day to start with.

Good morning Ladies
happy.gif

So fast, today is third day of CNY already!

Hi Evon,

Dun feel so down. Hmmm.. our relationship with mothers can be quite "tricky" at times esp if the way we handle things are different from them, due to generation gap and everything.

Anyway dun let this matter affected your holidays mood, ok? Cheers Up~~

Hi!!

Heehee...had fun doing my CNY visiting. So happy to meet up with relatives n friends
happy.gif

Evon,
Don't get too upset over the quarrel with your mum. After all, she's your own mother and like the own saying, blood is thicker than water. Just forgive and forget. She's old liao so just tolerate and give in as much as possible
happy.gif
For your info, my fren gave birth to a bb gal on the first day of CNY and guess wat, she is called En Xi
happy.gif
Heehee....looks like the character "En" is very popular!!

Hi Evon

Dont feel too upset over the incident with your mum.. as you know.. there is no ge (2) ye (4) cou (2) between family members.. the matter will be resolved pretty soon.. and with the arrival of your bb.. things will be forgotten very quickly
happy.gif

If you have such strong affinity for the name Elsy.. why change it just cos someone said something not too good about it? My bb's chinese name is Man (4) Ting (2) and one of my friends made a remark saying that pple will definately call her man (4) tou (2) next time.. and some of my relatives also made some not so nice remarks abt the name.. but me and hb still stick to the name.. as we know we cant please everybody.. and what really matters is that we like it and feel that it is the right name for her...

Cheer up yeah! Enjoy the rest of the holidays while it last!

Thanks, ladies.. just tat with the quarrel really dunno how to patch now. Think i should give in n go visit those relatives? I m hesitating.. hb let me decide but he said once gave in, every year will ve to do the same. My mom oso remarked tat y i'd go tix year so tat if i go next year /w bb, ppl dun think tat i bring bb just to collect hongbao???? I faint.

Sigh.... I m really getting indecisive ... n dunno if it is that we in 3rd trimster that i so emotional. be crying for last 2 days.. dun dare 2 stay home alone too else i started thinking tat i dun ve my own mother's love.

Draik, i oso b feeling the contractions lately getting stronger.. try take deep breaths when it came.

O.. preciousbabe... that chinese name??? Ahhh.... oh mine... =p

Well, ladies.. no choice leh.. we dun want later ppl kept laughing or making fun of her by calling her "Low Class". Just want to minimize the chances of ppl making fun now.. but of course, there will be new nicks coming up as generations grow, which we can't prevent. =p

Really thank you all.

BTW, to my list of common questions:
1. When are you due?
2. Which hospital huh? Wow... isn't GlenE expensive?
3. Girl huh?? Ur stomach looks so round here... <and>.
4. Ur feet swollen huh? Got no exercise huh? Must exercise leh.. else very difficult to get rid of water rentation? Dun take too salty n dun take water at nite blah blah...
5. Everything bought?? prepared?

\image {baby25april2006}

Hi Evon
I sympathsize very much with ur situation. Pls don't be so upset over this.

How many relatives are you suppose to visit back in return? Do u think it will help if maybe to go and just visit those elder relatives?

Hi terrier, my mom expected that i visited those relatives who came to my mom's place - which meant, my 1st uncle, 2nd uncle, 4th uncle, 1st aunt.. all from my father's side; then my mom's side who sometimes visited them at my parents' home b 2 grandaunties and 2 aunties. All stay in west and yishun area.

I was explaining to her that tix year.. a bit difficult for me to walk too much especially with lower pelvic area pain n walking sometimes felt really uncomfortable sometimes.. so try to minimize going ard too often... yet, all she cares is her face???!!

I am really upset tat i ve such a mom. How I wish she understands my situation.. u noe.

Hi Evon

Hm.. I have 2 friends who are named Elsie (same pronounciation as Elsy) and no one has ever made fun of their names...

If you really feel uncomfortable then don't go visiting liao.. I almost went visiting this morning but had accelerated heartbeat so I dropped the idea and stayed at home instead.. only you know best how your own body feels.. make the decision for the sake of your bb.. and if you go against how your body feels and then what if something happens *touch wood* then how?

Evon

Not too sure leh.. as both my frens' name is pronounced as "L C" but no one has ever said anything about them being "low class".. by the way.. have checked for you.. Elsie stands for gaiety.. seems like quite a good name for a happy baby
happy.gif

Hi ladies!

Been a long time since I last posted here.

Evon,
How about Elise? Or Eliza? But, whatever it is, you must be comfortable with it. If it's Elsy that you want and you feel strongly about it, go ahead and stick with it!

As for visiting, don't force yourself. If all you need is to hop in and out of the car, then it wouldn't be so bad. But, if you're taking the public transport and have to walk walk walk, it may not be a good idea.

At worse, call your uncles/aunts and explain to them that you can't visit this year.

Hi ladies! Hope u gals have a great time!
Hi Evon,tink relatives will ustand the plight of a preggie so dun tink they'll mind yeah? If nt visit those of top priority ones loh...kekeke it's tiring to travel plus the weather makes us more lethargic, me din sweat much but sticky most of the time + my long hair...uurrgghhh...me dun hv much to visit cos they all gather at 1 place so me juz left early due to weariness.
Are you working today?

Hi ladies, morning.

Thanks, ladies.

Juzmaine, yes, I m in office tix morning. Just now, was damn scary.. but still scary now. I almost fainted.. while walking to LRT station. normally would get away after a while... but i still feeling light headed n kept sweating. Any of you have such problem?

Been trying my gynae but think she's on leave so called the emergency number to see if can reach her.. not received any call yet.

Sitting down was k... but not when standing up.

soop soop... Baby actually kind of sent me a dream on me falling down... but i can't remember what incident that i will fall down so a bit the scared... but today my colleague on leave... so come back office 1st.. ve just informed him n he would try to come in so that i may go.

Good morning Ladies!

Evon,

I had this experience of light headed and broke in cold sweat during the begining of my 2nd trim. I think was about 20 weeks then. I also almost fainted at NTUC but luckily my hubby was with me then. I also vomitted quite a few times that day (not morning sickness for my case).

I went to see a GP, no use. Went to see Dr Chin and she gave me an injection and 3 days' MC and I recovered the next day. I can't rem much about what Dr Chin about what is happening 'cos I was too weak then.

You take care. Hope Dr Chin will be able to see you today.

Jasminetea,
kao_cry.gif

think she's on leave.. so emergency no. managed to get her to contact me.. but she said normal for preggies to ve cold sweat and fainting spell.
kao_dizzy.gif

She told me to rest.. but how to rest without MC. She said if not well, go see GP?? She also said i nd to eat something... but i already'd 3 slices of bread 2h ago!
kao_confused.gif

Over the phone, she was rushing through.. n this made me very uncomfortable as my family is known to be amenaic. So, part of me sensed that ve something 2 do /w my blood count.

I smsed my hb abt it n he was joking tat he could b a gynae already too since he has given similar advice 2 me juz now.. In fact, I m getting a little disappointed in the way she worked on me n my bb... n m worried that whatever my gf said is not true... since she had gained her popularity n not able to spend time with the patients equally.
kao_sad.gif

So ... back to square one.. I now waiting for my colleague to come in to take over my responsibilities as I worry the new chap can't handle.

kao_cry.gif

Anyway, u gals know if we can take food cooked with wine? Coz MIL hakka and cook those wine chicken dish. Very nice n I ate some..haha...dunno too much for bb to take or not

Hi babe, my hb n mil forbidden me 2 take drunken prawns leh..

But ironicially, when they cooked, we bound to put Hua Dian Jiu.. which has a little of alcoholic content too.. So i guess the thing is how much is put during cooking.

In any case, better dun take too much.. read that not good for baby as he/she may grow to b retarded.

Hi Evon,

Did Dr Chin tell you when she will be back to her clinic?

My personal experience to see GP is no use one leh. I took their mediciation and still feel as bad. Only after Dr Chin's injection and a night sleep then I feel better.

Hmmm.. I understand how you feel lah. But if you really feel bad tonight, maybe you should go and see GP. Maybe he can help you to get rid of some discomfort and at least get a MC.

Babe, it is better not to eat food with wine for the time mean.

hi gals, happy new year. am back to work so got to read all your postings.

Re: Common questions
Well, i was asked the usual questions like:
- How long b4 bb pops out?
- Which hospital?
- Any discomfort, cravings etc?

But then, I had the privillege of 3 cousins who had juz given birth, so alot of attention was given to their newborns. I juz happily gamble, makan and enjoying myself.

hi gals, happy new year. am back to work so got to read all your postings.

Re: Common questions
Well, i was asked the usual questions like:
- How long b4 bb pops out?
- Which hospital?
- Any discomfort, cravings etc?

But then, I had the privillege of 3 cousins who had juz given birth, so alot of attention was given to their newborns. I juz happily gamble, makan and enjoying myself.

Back