(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

mummies,
Ask you ah, how much water do you give your bb in a day. Any idea what is the benchmark? like adults, we r suppose to drink 8 glasses.

ilim,
lucky you! I also never won anything in my life, what contest, lucky draw, toto/4d....

Sunshinekid,
my bb's fever went to 39.6deg. He says when you have very high fever, most of the time you feel cold, so when u put them in the bathtub, think it will be v cold leh. I think best option is to use suppository, which is a bullet in the anus, which will sure bring the fever down. So high fever will be damaging for the brain le.

irene,
can wear to funtion oso good mah.... it's so ex leh, lucky u
happy.gif

et,
envy leh... poor me gotta cut short ML to fly leaving my poor boy behind last time.... sob sob....

Stella,
sure got miss u la.... later i send u my order for the spree
happy.gif

jas,
did the doc tell u not to use supp to frequent? it's actually harmful for the kidney or was it liver? Can't remember but it's one of it....
hope yr bb's fever go down quickly.

Jasmine
Actually we are using warm water to shower him, helping him to bring down the temperature. He will not feel cold. Alternatively, some pple let the kid sleep on those water cushion, also helps. If you have high fever and u rush to KKH, they will also bathe the kid. And putting him in the bathtub is just to distract him lah, with all the toys.

Yah, putting suppository is bad ..dun know for liver or kidney, like wat violet mentioned.

violet/sunshinekid,
I did ask the pd before if there are any side effects, i think the answer was no, that's why i used it when he prescribe for my kids when the fever is too high. I think if it is not too frequent and it is the best solution at the time, since benefits outweigh risks of them having too high and prolong fever, should be ok bah. Where did u get the info? can share, would like to look up more on the suppository....

Jas
I also read b4, tat supp is bad for liver. Try not to use till 40deg leh, a GP told us wan. As for my PD told us to bath YJ if she kana fever above 38.5deg in luke warm water, never cold water. Alternative let her sleep on tat water cushion.

YJ used tat supp once by a GP, cos her fever was above 40deg. Then she hospitalised then (in Jul 06). In hospital, her fever up n down... every time hit 38.5 above, kana pulled to bath. When she was 39.8, they also bath her never put supp in hospital at all leh, hmm mus be no good bah.
She cried until bery cham whenever kana bath loh... so ke lian leh.

BTW, I jus read "What to Expect the toddler year", Bufen (or Ibuprofen), is like aspirin, will upset stomach... n I read the leaflet tat come with Capol (like paracetomol) said if overdose is bad for bb's liver. Same applied to Bufen, is stronger then Capol, never give with empty stomach leh! And all these fever medi best is give direct but not mixed with milk, else not effective

etelle: hehe I MISS U lor... hehe......
happy.gif

jasmine: xr drink about 150-250ml of water in the infant care then come back abt 60-80ml of water again....
i not sure of the benchmark leh....

xr fever still not ok... just now measure her is at 37.6 degree..at least better than last nite.. 38+ haizz din sleep well also....
but tis morning she looks much better liao...cause she walk around then can laugh and talk le...
happy.gif

Tomato, maybe u keep a separate copy or lock it to prevent others from viewing it.

Bochap, is that book good? cos i am always tempted to buy, i got the " what to expect when u are expecting" and thought it was quite well written..
so happy to know that giselle was calling mama mama when i was away..they said she did miss me..haha

Annika also had fever all of a sudden last nite. After medicine wears off, she got fever again, on and off..

Hiaz. dun know why,must have gotten the germs from korkor.

amanda n sunshine
how's ur darlings? must take care. a lot of viral infection around. i am confined at home cos hubby said HFMD up to 600 plus cases so to play safe stay at home. so boring but bo bian.

supp is not good for liver as told. take a lot of any medicine also no good. hope our bb will be healthy.

etelle
share ur stories when u r back

ilim
so lucky. i also never won anything b4. i sway one lah.

noel uses huggies ultra rashes... haiz... got to use back pampers... very ex leh but bo bian. thinking of toilet training him soon.

bb cutie
did u receive it? my maid said she sent out liao.

VS
Hmm tat book not bad lah... quite alot of wordings leh... haha! (Same as " what to expect when u are expecting" lah)
The content is more ang moh children stardard bah! I will read 14th month when YJ is 15th month haha! But it does serve as a guide loh... I bought it bcos I realised there are alot of FOC books/ booklet on pregnancy n 1st yr of bb, but dun have books on toddler FOC leh...
BTW, Etelle also bought tis book, can ask her also haha!

siewlng,
really ah? must go n challenge the pd liao, hehehe. Also feel he has slacken quite a lot recent 1-2 yrs, must look for other good ones liao, Any recommendations in the east, mummies?

Jas
My PD is at East, Tampines St 81, Baby and Child Clinic. Not bad, but super long q. Think maybe she tied up with ESH bah, lotsa of NB go there. YJ was 1 of them. Long Q = 2-3 hours bah!
If u wan her contact, PM me lah!

etelle,
MISS YOU. :p

Update on Sam
His scalding scar is now pink. recovering well, keeping my fingers cross there will not be any keliods, the plastic surgeon told me no need to apply anything, just keep out of the sun for 6 months, if keliods form then make appointment with him again. sigh.

Flu
Both my boys are coughing and running nose, yet hb think it's okay. today we went to see pd because I'm also very sick liao, pd told us boys are one step from neublisier ( dunno the spelling)! bad news loh, have to monitor them very closely and so much medicine to take.
sad.gif
6 different types a day , 3 times per day, med all over the floor
sad.gif
. my doc also give me 4 types of med, sigh...

jas,
i dun know abt this but was advised to sponge the child frequently when kenna high fever. i will do that in the day but night time will give the medicine. else i cannot cope. but no use of supp yet except once when kkh give sam the painkiller for his scalding wound.

Vs
the book not bad, but more spelling and gammar error. as compared to the first year and when you are expecting. the tips are not bad, but like siewlng said, more for ang mo kids.
happy.gif

koli,
600 cases?!! aiyo, i din know abt this. this month alone? better to stay in the house then.

siewlng,
i still haven't go for the make up lesson at kindermusik yet. quite angry with them. think i waste my money with them. but maybe i really suay loh, first is sam got scalding, then now both sick and me also sick. sigh.

Hi Amanda/ May
haha thanks for missing me. I miss the times in the forum and msn chat too hee :p

Koli
yeah wil update a bit when i get back. Hee tons of photos taken also..

May
hope that Sam will recover just fine. Don't worry 2 much. Must dirnk more water, eat healthily to keep yourself strong le. Not easy hor taking care of kids when one is sick.

VS
the book quite helpful i find at least it provide a guide to how your child should be developing and also some of your concerns in the FAQs. This whole series of what to expect i feel its worth it to buy
happy.gif

Thanks for the review on that book. yup i found most of the books on shelves are more relevant to ang mo kids. I did find some in Beijing but they are in mandarin hence rather difficult to read.

HFMD, it 's always at the peak this month hence those kids attended by childcare must be real careful. The comforting part is, the particular strain of virus going around is causing less complications this time.

koli/jasmine
I really din expect to win anything lor, thought jus go for lunch & enjoy myself. When they called my name i was expecting someone else wif the same name as me to stand up n go to the stage...i ony went up when they says from which company hahaha

ilim
wa... u very lucky leh.. got da tie cheng re, go buy 4D and toto a not?

hey, keagan still taking kindermusik rite? can u remember his teacher's name?

etelle
ya lor. we miss u lor.

Ah May
your boys better? hey, y u angry with kindermusik? problems with arranging for make up? Me too.

koli,
received liao. Thanks. The smell of the tabs very smelly....hehehe... how do i consumed? Once a day??

Ah May,
U take care ok? Your boys will be fine. Stop all food/drinks tat can trigger phlegm.

ilim,
wow u r very lucky... maybe u should buy 4D/toto to try some luck....kekeke....

Vs: hmm other than fever, boh liao... except tat before the fever she got a bit of cough and runnin nose.... but strange this is, after she kana the fever, her cough lessen...

sunshinekid: same lor... give her liao ok.. then come back again when the para lost power...haizz

Updates on XR
Last nite, temperature went up to 38.6 then give paracetamol... after tat temperature went down to 37.6 ard 1am+ then morning temperature better liao... bring her out to shop and funny... come back ok liao... whahah tink she wan to go shopping... haha
now she is sleepin but sometimes when i go and feel her, she still like a bit hot leh.. dunno is it i cold.... :p

hi mommies - just an update, my hb had severe vomiting last fri... fever did not go down despite taking med for 24h... so i DRAGGED him to the clinic for a jab. he was stubborn and wanted to curled up on the bed with his track pants n jackets to 'force' the sweat out. and he even eat sng muay n preserved mango to curb the nausea. kaoz... after the jab he 'yi jiao dao tian liang' leh... slept from 7pm to next day 8am.
finally, the fever/stomach flu saga is over for my family... i pulled through! :p

amanda - take care. xr's fever still yoyo ah... if no tother sympt then could be viral fever.

i think now a lot kids sick... j also started some dry cough yesterday liao... hope wont deteriote further... my hb's niece also running nose and cough... haizz hope all bbies recover fast fast

my back super sng tis morn.. dunno why... sng til abit pekchek the moment i wk up :p

Bulma
You take care lah. Having a sng back is very torturing. I feel that's one of the worst bit of being pregnancy.. Hiazz.. Mummies are all wei da pple.

Amanda
Annika's fever subsided yesterday.. but this morning when i touched her, seems tat she still has low grade fever. Really dun know wat's wrong. Kor kor ok liao then meimei's turn. Sian.

Etelle,
Yes I miss you lah.! Quick quick come back and show us the nice pictures yah.

Ah May,
You so poor thing. I can imagine having 2 kids falling sick at the same time, some more yours are of the same age. Hope all 3 of you will recover soon. Your hubby must be so stressed, taking care of 3 babies!

wendy: her fever went down liao.. then like sunshinekid's annika like tat lor.. sometimes ok then sometimes feel like low grade fever like tat...

sunshinekid: same here lor... haizz

last sat i feel her gum... she got 2 teeth already cut thru her upper gum... then lower gum swollen....
wow last nite, she woke up screamin leh... 2 times and i almost late today..... *faint*

<font color="ff0000">Amanda</font>
I think teething won't cause fever lah. Should be some viral attack.

Annika has many teeth liao, I also dun know when they came out, or does she feel discomfort becos of those teeth. I think she has got about 12-14 teeth liao.

U must must must give her Paracetamol every 4 hrs, in order that her fever break through. Even no fever also must give her, till she is completely "fever-free".

sunshinekid: i dunno whether the fever and teethin got link or not.. cause normally when she is teething she as normal one... then i also dunno what happen liao... could be the viral fever tat u all have been mentionin lor...
i tink XR quite slow in teeth leh... haha... she only have 6 fully grown and 3,4 just cut and a few have cut thru... hehe
I gave her on sat nite then no give liao..cause when her fever subside i stop le... :p

bbcutie
the box got indication. i think eat one tablet twice a day after food.
bulomum
what's ur email? my cousin got take picture of the cupcakes, will email to you.but must after exam k? she busy to pass to me.
gals
i went gathering with my primary 1 friends. wah.... so many years of friends and everyone still look the same hee hee. after that, some of my friends wanna play mahjong, so came my house to play till at night. my hubby so happy yesterday cos he can play mahjong. i busy with my son and baking cakes with my mum. this morn i 5 min late for work ah!!! so tired. cant wait for june holidays...

noel yesterday very grouchy leh. kept crying. especially when eating porridge. think his gum pain.

koli
my hubby is like your hubby, gets very happy and 'high' when he gets to play MJ. I am also one MJ addict lah... haha!

Seems like alot of kids are falling sick..signz

I am gonna be sahm for today, haha..on leave to babysit giselle cos my sis is sick.
Koli, i am majong player too but no kakis nowaday. can only play online..haha

I tried to cook dinner on sat, 2 dishes and 1 soup..my hubby didn't comment anything except broth is quite nice, must be damn awful..don dare to cook liao.

vs,

no comments means good comments.. cook more cook more.. practise makes prefect..

re: sick,

elly also down with flu.. she always have flu but no fever.. so used to it..

Mahjong
I dun have the interest to play MJ leh, though my mum is an "expert". Before I have kids, my mum can play almost everyday to pass time. But since the kids came along, she had to "work" for me. Sometimes I feel really bad to deprive her of MJ, but looking from another angle, I gave her another type of joy also mah, ie, taking care of grandchildren.. Hahah.

My hb is a BIG fan of MJ. He will play every Fri or Sat without fail.

<font color="ff0000">Vs</font>
Yah, practice makes perfect. Importantly, must have interest in cooking.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Summer</font>
Hey ur fren P left Shareinvestor liao? U know this world is so small. I left my ex co. and join this co., and we are also using Shareinvestors, and I just got to know that P has left. Hehehehe.

jasminesym,
juz read ur input last wk,regarding how much water to give..i give my ger water whenever she wans,ie.after eating meal or snacks.or as & when i feel like she v long nev drink anything,will ask if she wans water,if she points to her water bottle,will give.but i try not to give too much during feeding food,cos scared she drink water till full alrdy,dun wan to eat her rice.

babybubbles,
same,now then got time to re-read last wk's threads..regarding your bb waking up at nite, my ger has been waking up to drink milk since 10mths (ya,frm 4th mths to 10mths,she slept throughout,dunno y frm 8mths onwards she start waking up).last mth,we started to dilute her milk until 1scoop of milk with 120ml of water.then when she make noise at nite, we juz pat her back to sleep.now she knows no milk to drink at nite,so she 's not waking up at nite alrdy. *whew*
u can try this method,hope it works 4 u

ha ha there is a lot of mahjong players here. haha but i am more interested in gathering more than mahjong. dunno how to play.
maybe june should plan gathering at my place

Hi gals,
long time didnt come in liao.

Elvin is having slight fever on wed and thur also then fri start ot have running nose, cough and can hear that there is alot of phlegm. bring him to PD and she say the phlegm is at throat not lungs so not too worried. Till today he still not fully recover yet.

Siewlng,
Oh, is it the one beside the PIE, and the block of flat is like a semi-circle? I went there b4, you are right, it is super long, i waited 1 hr. Dr Cecilia yip?

Ah May,
Do take care of yourself and get help to take care of the children. As for the kids, must refrain from cold drinks and food that will cause phelgm like citric fruits, sweet stuff, biscuits, cereal etc...

disneymickey,
I also intend to use the diluting milk method but scared he will not take milk anymore as he refuse it in the day le. so dilemma!

jasmine,
but he drinks last feed how much?ya,tat's a worry.but he doesn't drink milk in the day time is it becos he doesn't like the (brand) of milk he's taking now?

disneymickey,
He drinks 120ml b4 he sleeps about 9pm, then again at 2-3am and 6plus. Hmm, not sure whether is it the brand of milk, he is taking enfapro since 9mths, going to start on enfagrow vanilla, hope he likes it better. During the day, he has his lunch at 11.30am, sure he will feel hungry at 4-5pm right? Also don't want leh.......

jasmine,
ur boy on diet maybe haha.but sounds like he's not drinking a lot.my girl drinks abt 150ml in the morning & abt 3pm in the afternoon.another 240ml (there was a period she drank abt 340ml) b4 sleeps.used to wake up & drink once.but now stops.but the 'sad' thing is,she's still way underweight.guess her metabolism rate v high.
anyway,guess if he's growing & happy, u shouldn't worry much abt him not drinking.maybe it's juz a phase. ya,maybe he's 'sick' of the milk alrdy. hopefully a change in type of milk will interest him again.

jasmine
probably your boi just dun like milk. I have a niece who 'quit' drinking milk after she turns 1YO and she is bubbly and plump. I know it's worrying that he is not taking too much milk. Is your boi more keen in solids?

disneymickey
i think my gal's metabolic rate is high too. she is very petite.

summer,
ya lor,she eats so much yet,still underweight.pd asked if she's eating everytime we visit.give up alrdy.like i say,as long as got input & output (poopoo),she's happy & crawling ard,can laff can cry..there's nothing more i can do.

disneymickey
i think your girl 'champion'... heehee. My gal is also 14mths and about 8.5kg. I have a PD who once commented that she could only see her head! Advised to introduce bread and egg for breakfast. But you're right, actually i am quite ok with her size and weight just that I have so many comments that she is small and whether my Dr said anything that it got me a lil' worried at times.

summer,
so my girl win!! but not something to be proud of,though haha.read frm somewhere tat it's best not to weigh them so often,think it's 2 prevent yourself frm getting upset. ya,she has refused all cereals frm 12mths old,cos we started introducing adult food after she turned 1.she loves bread & cupcake.so i told my mom (who takes care of her on weekdays) to give a slice of cheese with the bread.my mom say sometimes she boil potatos 4 her 2.more carb i guess

disneymickey: is it because of genes?? most of the bb girl here all small small one... hehe my girl is around summer's size also...
at least ur girl is active la... so nothing to worry...
happy.gif

Back