(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

whole day i have this stinging feeling at my V area.. and i also have that cramp feeling.. other than that my discharge seems to disappear.. no discharge at all.. aiyo i m confuse about my body now man..

Hi Feza,

I dun noe how to go to ur email....hehe... my name is Joyce and my email is [email protected].
Sometime i whole day also have cramp feeling really dun noe wat os this feeling ... Going to POP or not ...very confuse...
sad.gif

Anyway any heard that is BF cannot eat ginger and liquor ???
Hope after seeing doc today, doc say bb is really to come out liao... Everyday tell my bb i'm waiting for u...

Lim,
Thanks for your advice. I am on both TCM and western treatment. It still itches but at last 'more tolerable' now. Anyway I have a show so delivery shouldn't be far and hopefully the rash will disappear otherwise I won't be able to keep off bath during confinement. I was hoping to at least not bathe for the first 10 days.

Etelle,
Thanks goodness none other mummies to be experience PUPPP http://dermnetnz.org/reactions/puppp.html trust me you won't want to be in such a situation.

keropi
yep, packed on tues and dumped my bag in the car already
happy.gif
hb on standby, but think he'll have to wait a couple more wks coz bb too lazy to turn...

Jappooh
I'm working til shen. just now colleague was asking me if my classes know the SOP for when I have show or water bag burst. Hopefully it wont happen in school. But seems like for most here entered hospital either evening or early morning?

feza
could you email me the list of contacts? Changed my laptop so all my old data is gone
sad.gif
Also cannot install MSN on this comp
[email protected]

Hi VS, welcome to the thread...
happy.gif

keropi:u bought those w string ah.. i bought from Kiddy Palace the Madmne Pureen one... one pack got 20pcs and cost about $7+ cause some recommend that so i buy that.. hehe feel much safer if got ppl used tat before... But TMC they give those Kotex string type.. so i gonna bring my own there...

Oscar: Congratulations!!!! tell us ur story soon and pics ya...
happy.gif

Sally: hehe ur birth story very chop chop hor.. hehe... so good to have ur baby in ur arms liao... *envy*

Jas: u gonna shen liao ah.... Good luck and Jia You wor... take good care of urself ya.. share w us ur story ya...

Lim: i added u into my msn liao le... hehe etelle will be comin in later.. then we all chat chat ya...
happy.gif

the ginger and liquor can take.. i also will be takin especially when my mom wanna 'pu' me till full tank.. so i will try to bf b4 i take any meal then eat..for the liquor, wat i heard is tat once u cooked the acholol will evaporate liao..

feza: i like havin the same symptoms as u leh... past few days got discharge then yesterday and today dun haf... then i also feel very stingy feelin there... kind of like pullin feelin rite... very uncomfortable...

amanda,

yea that s what i m feeling.. stinging pain on and off.. dunno whether that s a sign.. the pulling feeling i think it s our bb moving la.. last nyte cannot sleep again.. so i woke up and played with my cat.. lucky got my cat to company me, if not i gong gong sit, stand, walk by myself in the living room.. everyone else was so nicely fast asleep..

feza: i felt tat pain when my baby squrim inside and when i walk... then i got to pull back my hubby hand to walk very slowly... ya lor... till now like no other sign leh... dunno when will pop... ur edd is 4 days later then me is it... 22?? tis sat gotta tell gynae...sometimes i got worried when there is no sign and scare later got to induce then i sian liao.. :p
nowadays i always wake up ard 4am then cannot sleep liao... yesterday 430am got heartburn.. then wake up drink water then go back sleep.. etelle was sayin next time cannot sleep we online then all mtb tat cant sleep will chat there.. hehe

everest
just visited the link that you posted. Poor thing, have to suffer that. Thank gdness it clears up after preg.

aiyoh, i see the stretchmarks i also feel terrible. Mine not that bad, but about a thrid of that concentration. Cant imagine what it'll look like next time. hb say like that next time cannot wear bikini liao. He happy lah, he v conservative one

amanda - actually no need to buy maternity pads. i find them too bulky. the lochia will not be that heavy.
this time round i'll jus b using the normal sanitary pads.
hth
cheers!
wendy

Everest ,

U welcome... I know that feeling... I got it before really really bad... cannot sleep that bcos so itchy. Everything will be fine once birth
happy.gif

Amanda,
Thanks for adding me in MSN.... C u there soon. Me always sleep around 2am then wake up at 6am then cannot sleep liao till 8am. I think my baby want to watch "zhao an ni hao" so everyday wake me up at 6am...
happy.gif
Today I go see doc liao, hope baby is ready to come out soon.... induce also can i really cannot wait liao... bed rest until i very sian bcos i always got pain on n off cannot go out n walk.. so sian...
I also heard about can eat ginger n liquor but don't y my friend yesterday tell me cannot... she say her confinement lady told her ??? So i feel so funny ...

Clarie,
U also got stretchmarks problems...hai me too... so ugly right... don't noe will go off after birth a not...

Amanda,

I also heard ppl say use normal night sanitary pads more comfortable... So i prepare all night pads only...
Anyway, u all pack bags liao right... My hospital ask me to remember to bring breast pump if you are going to BF...

Hi mummies,
I am from Jan 2006 MTB. Given birth on 15 Jan, nothing to do so pop by this thread to see if i can help anything.

RE: Rash
I have got this during wk36 and it really recover after i give birth. To ease the itch, I use "snake powder" after bath. You can use Johnson & Johnson Top to Toe Wash to bath cos it is more neutral.

RE: Sanitary Pad
I deliver at TMC. They tie 2 pcs of Kotex String Type pad together for u to use. But I dun like it cos it will stain. I bought Kiddy Palace Madame Pureen Stick on type. Very good and think 2 pack of 20pcs will be enough.

Hi gers,
here's my birth story..(can't remember the exact timing, a rough estimation)

12.30am
Sudden feel the urge to go toilet. Went to toilet and saw blood with mucus plug on my undies. Call up my gynae and she told me to go hospital if there are any signs of contractions or waterbag burst.

2.15am
A sudden gush of water comes out. Went toilet to check, saw water tickling down. Hubby panicked and ran to get my bag.

2.45am
Admitted to hospital. The midwife check me, confirmed waterbag burst and I was 2-3cm dilated.

3.15am
I was given enema to clear my bowels. Super effective..hehehe

4.30am
Contractions became stronger..still trying hard to control the pain..

5.45am
Cant stand the pain. Ask for epidural

6.15am
Had my epidural. Feel so relieved after that.
7am
My gynae came and check on me. Still 2-cm dilated. Ask the midwife to give me oxytocin to speed up dilation. (Luckily I ask for epidural first)

10.30am
4-5cm dilated only, my gynae ask for another dose of oxytocin for me again.

11.30am
Felt a pressure at my anus. 8cm dilated already.

12.00pm
Have the urge to push. Midwife checked again. I'm fully dilated. She went to call for my gynae.

12.15pm
Ask me to push. Hubby say can see bb's head.

12.46pm
bb is out, weighing 3.210kg and length of 50cm, head circumference of 32cm.

Hi All

Re: contractions, it was the first time I experienced it though with my previous gal i didn't have any. This is how it feels like :

- it can me mistaken for stomach upsets/wind, cos the symptoms are similar. I felt like going to the toielt to crap, but nothing comes out of it.
- Stomach hardens at regular intervals, every 10 mins or so. How do you tell ? you can see and feel the stomach hardening producing the squeezing sensation, and it hurts. Braxton hicks doesn't hurt in my case.
-I monitor for almost 2 hours where the pain did not go off, took mylanta initailly thinking it could be stomach upset.

Hope my description is clear :p

Hi Marcia

I remembered you were asking me about baby's head engagement - I can see mine pretty clear now that my tummy is tilted further and much lower. It's as if the tummy is protruding out further from the side view.

Hi bb_ger,

Congrats
happy.gif
Your gal is tall and of good weight !
happy.gif

jus to let u gers noe, episotomy hurts.. *sob* now i have trouble sitting dwn and standing up.. the stitches wound will be painful.. it's even more painful to go toilet to poopoo.. omg.. and nw i having conspitation and it's even worse..
sad.gif

if take laxative to relieve constipation, will it be easier on the wound? but have any moms do that?

bbger
you made it sound so easy. u mean when fully dilated we will feel urge to push?

bb_ger: u can try stool softener like lactulose or white parrafin. Mt A gave them to me while I was in the ward. The pain should not hurt for two long. I had episotomy for my first baby (2.78kg) and tear for my second one (3.24kg). I took pain killer for 2 days. I did not feel any pain after that.

Sally Cinnamon..wah 3 weeks earlier...i m praying my bb wnt come before feb 13th...if not got to pay additional surcharge of 500 to confinement nanny..
been feeling the extreme pressure on the lower abd past few days...n sharp cramp. Lenny, i have bad history of gastric prob n stomach wind...based on ur description, it seems there will be high chance of missing the symptoms..alamak.. one of my fren said it feels like going to 'shit'..haha.Will the gynae give a better description of the real symptoms?
will be 37 weeks tomorrow n seeing the gynae..

Hi Lim,

Welcome!. U mention that ur hospital ask u to bring pump? which hospital is that? I tot hospitals shhld have pumps and somemore their pumps are those electri heavy duty types ones ma....

MH,

How come u didnt have epitosomy for ur second bb? which one recover faster? tear or epitosomy? Ask u hor... is the maternity pad, pampers, stool softener included in the Mt A package or they charge for these things? Do they provide bb blanket? They use which type maternity pad? did u do a hearing test for ur bb? is that included in package or need to pay separately? I will be delivering in Mt A but still not sure what items they will be providing.. Thanks

Hi bb ger,

Congrats! Cant wait to see ur bb photo....

Hi Vs,

Yes, it feels like crapping in the toilet but nothing comes out :p and also similar to gastro problems. the only way to tell is to time the intervals of contractions where your stomach hardens/tighthens over an hour or two, accompanies with mild pain. gynae won't be able to describe based on contractions alone, but the CTG scan would be able to detect.

If you are experiecing sharp cramps, lie down and rest for a while, it should go away. I have pressure at the anus area too on and off. Am 38 weeks today and seeing gynae tomorrow.

Hi bb_ger

Yes, epsiotomy hurts, try sitting on a float would help. I think your gal is of good size, she's born 39 weeks right ?
happy.gif
I am praying for my gal to be out not earlier than 39 weeks, better still 40 weeks .

Hi Amanda,
I didn't get the string type for the mat pad. I got the stick on type.Don't know how to use the string type. :p

Bamwicca, so nice to know that someone share the same "taste" as me. Not a lot of ppl like keropi. Hehe! My husband collects toys, so we got a display cabinent. My keropi collection took a shelf, now overflowing liao. I don't have big soft toys. Just the small items/accessories. My friends also help me with my collection.

I don't know abt you guys. But sometimes, I wish that I can deliver earlier. Don't want to induce, just hope that she comes out earlier.
My bb is abt 2.5kg at 37wk. We are still worried that she is a bit small.

As for the stretchmarks, did you guys use any stretchmark cream? I started using the Mothercare massage cream from 4th mth onwards. So far so good. but maybe becos my girl also small so the tummy doesn't have to stretch so much.

Hi mummies,
I am back!!!! And I made a correct choice not to go to work on 1 Feb 06........hahahha..... Informed my colleague telling little white lies that I had abdominal cramp on and off at night on 31 Jan 06 which actually I don't have....kekekeke.... But during CNY period I already felt uncomfortable. Felt pressure at V and anus area.... But tahan it and even go visiting and spend whole day outside.....

My next gynae checkup was supposed to be on 4 Feb 06 but I decide to see my gynae on 1 Feb 06 so that I can get MC for not gg to work on 1 Feb 06. However at 9.30am, I had bleeding (menses kinda) after pooing so alert my hb and went to see gynae.

Gynae did a scan for me and confirmed that bb has engaged and is fine and he is almost in LOA position. Estimated wt was 2.9kg. After that he did a VE for me and said that I hv dilated 4cm and said no wonder I hv so much bleeding. I am so naive to ask my gynae how. hahaha... He said go to hospital lah, this is yr 2nd bb, u want to give birth at home??? kekekeke....

Anyway I did not go immediately. I go home and had a bath. Ate my lunch. Wait for KFC delivery and had KFC and drink my last glass of coke....hehehe

And my birth story begins here (very lo so hor):-

1.15pm - Arrived hospital. Wheeled to the
delivery suite. Get changed, urine
sample and wait... The nurse forgot to
give me enema to clear my bowel....

1.33pm - Gynae arrived. VE again. 4.5cm dilated.
Waterbag still had not burst. Gynae
burst waterbag and put me on oxytocin
drip to catalyst the dilation.

2.30pm - Still waiting. Although there is
contraction but I don't have cramp.
Just very very mild menstrual like
cramp. Nurse increase dosage of
oxytocin. And still no cramp.

3.30pm - Suddenly feel something drop to my V
area and feel pain. Gynae came and did
VE and was 6cm dilated. Told my gynae
that V area very pain and gynae said I
hv no contraction leh. He said must b
bb pushing his way down. So lun lor.
Breath deep in and out slowly and it
helps with the pain. Ask for thigh jab.

4.30pm - Wow! The pain was very intense and hv
to urge to pang sai. Told the nurse I
feel like pang sai. Nurse did VE and
said fully dilated but gynae not here
yet so ask me to lie sideway and not to
push. Kaoz!! That was the most
unbearable moment because V area very
painful and pressure of pang sai very
intense but yet cannot push.... It was
a terrible 10 mins I have to tolerate
till gynae arrived.

4.40pm - Finally gynae arrived. Asked to push
when there is pain. And I hate the
pushing part because no stamina. Hb
very happy when see bb head and kept
saying can see bb head liao. Then one
last push, heard hb said bb shoulder
out liao....and feel a gush of warm
come out from my V....

5.00pm - BB really know how to choose a timing
to arrive. Natural w/o epi or assisted.
Birth wt: 2.81kg Length: 49cm Head
circumference: 31cm

And here is pic of Jayden
367494.jpg

bb_ger,
If yr episiotomy hurts, u can try putting 2 layers of maternity pad. It acts as a cushion.

Although mine is a 2nd birth, I had episiotomy too. But I can't feel the stitch so ask my gynae this morning when he came to see me at the hospital. He said those that stitch outside is old method. He stitch for me underneath so that I won't feel so much pain which is true and no wonder I can't feel any stitch when I clean my wound.

I hv no problem with peeing or pooing. No pain. I already pooed twice and so far so good. U hv to be very diligent in cleaning yr wound. I cleanse everytime I go peeing.

bbcutie
welcome back! ur Jayden really knows how to pick a time and day for his bday. he looks so sweet
happy.gif
so u had no contraction til 4.30? Then he pop out at 5? wow. really peifu u, managed to have such a full day before delivering
happy.gif

babycutie, ur baby same name as my nephew...but he is jaiden..hehe..so cute. cant wait to see my gal.
i heard so much abt episiotomy and my gynae told me it's almost impossible not to have one. Sometimes i felt like going for caesarean to avoid the pain down there....
din know we need to bring breast pump by the way?? tot breast pump is needed only when u need to store additional?

Claire,
Was telling my boy not to let mummy suffer so much pain during labour while in the delivery suite. My last tai jiao before giving birth....kekeke...

Vs,
Usually during 1st few days we won't hv breastmilk. U need to let bb suckle on the nipples to stimulate the flow.

I did not bring breast pump during my stay at the hospital. I let my bb suckle but still there is no flow, not even colostrum....

Bbcutie: Pei fu ni leh. Still can go out & eat KFC...hehheheh. Good for you that you have a smooth delivery. Yr boi very cute leh...face red red. The name I chose for my boi is similar to yrs......I'm calling my boi Cayden.

Keropi: Ya lor....we have good taste mah...hehehe

stupid hubby was asking me to try the breastpump now to stimulate the milk production...
i m worried about no milk also..
On stretchmark cream i will recommend Elancyl cos i bought one for my fren she loves it so much. It helps in reducing the itchiness also..
i din use any stretchmark cream for myself though.
By the way, how many sanitary pads must we pack in the bag? i bought 1 pack of Kotex maternity pad only...i suppose after the 1st few days we can use the normal type?

<font color="ff0000">Congrats to BBcutie &amp; Gingerale</font>

BBcutie,
Your Jayden looks very big and solid! So both your kids like to come our early hor.
happy.gif
But good wt lah, imagine full term at 40wks, sure very big one, hard to push.

I just went to see my gynae yesterday. My tummy is still very high up, then gynae said bb not engaged yet, so not likely to pop so soon. Think she will only come out 39th or 40th wk. Hopefully I wont have to go for induce. Any way to make baby engage ah?

wendy: i very scare later messy leh.. so buy those maternity one just in case the flow is heavy..

Lim: gotta bring breast pump ah... so ma fan leh.. can dun bring a not.. they din tell me anything leh...

May: i also bought tat pad.. hehe looks comfortable hor.. hehe

bbger: ur birth story also like very easy leh.. hehe... :p do take good care of urself k...

bbcutie: jayden looks so cute leh.. hehe
happy.gif
i also must tai jiao my gal dun give me so much of pain liao.. hehe

gingerale: u give birth liao... like so long no see u... hehe.. how u? everything ok? Annalisa looks so cute and active... sweet baby...
happy.gif

Vs: tot the first few days will be the heaviest of flow? the pack tat i bought i bring all.. hehe cause cannot find anything to put the pads.. hehe so bring everything.. then no used one then bring back...

so conclusion is no need to bring breastpump bah.. hehe... :p

bb_ger, at least yrs is episotomy... mine is bad tear.. so jialut... tear outside then inside also tear so i got internal stitch too.. i till now stil sm x will pain pain.. esp stand up fr sitting position

looks like the rest of the mummies r all having symptons gg to pop... good luck and keep us informed =)

how come our mummies last time no need to go thru episiotomy?
my gynae said prevention is better, so must perform epi..to avoid the tearing..
i saw fr somewhr there is this ball-like thing where u can use to massage the vaginal n it helps prevent tearing, made in Germany.
Think no need bring breastpump la...the list hospital gave me only include ; nursing bra, open front gown, bedroom slipper, jacket, polythene bag.
for baby, no need to bring anything, so funny

Fan &amp; Amanda,

I warded to hospital when i 34&amp;35weeks, so i ask the nurse wat should i bring when delivery. She say just bring 1 set baby mitten &amp; bootie. She ask me to bring breast pump it's bcos personal is better. if not u can rent for hospital. The rest of the thing is provided by hospital including pads,shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, baby pamper, etc. Mine is Raffles Hospital, maybe u can call the hospital to ask wat to bring. Bcos some ppl tell me different hospital got to bring differ thing...

Congratsssss Bb_ger &amp; Gingerale....:0

I just came back from my check up. Baby 2.7kg at 37weeks... Doc say look like next week then my baby will engage..hai hope my baby can come out ASAP...bcos very xin ku n heavy liao... somemore very tried...

Hi gals!

Haven't been here for a while.

Congrats to all those who have given birth lately.

Update on my boy:
Still jaundiced.
sad.gif
Not only that, he's not putting on much weight, only a pathetic 50g in 2 weeks. Very worried for him. PD suggested half FM and half BM then see how next week. If still didn't put on, have to further investigate. Really wonder where all the breastmilk went to. He peed and pooed well, dunno why. PD said could be UTI which would explain the jaundice as well as the min weight gain. sigh... So worried.

Hi girls
Went for gynae visit today. Bb weight estimated at 3.6kg. Gynae told me anytime can give birth liaoz. I hope bb come out soonz.Cuz my baby has been engaed since 37 weeks liaoz. Today i am 38 weeks and 6 days....

Everest
Thanks for the pic. I have pupp leh sad to say after seeing your picture. The lower abdomen below the tummy got stretch marks and also the pupp lor. It looks digusting lor. But what to do i only can apply more moisturiser lor....sigh...

bbcutie and Gingerale
your babies are both so adorable....hee hee it's always a joy seeing others babies...guess the joy be abundant when we see our own ah hee hee
happy.gif

venus
Your baby smiling leh so cute hor hee hee :p aiyah u all one by one put photo make me envy envy only ha ha ha :p

Mashy
maybe you ask PD is there anywya for bb to gain weight? Maybe have to stop BF and start on FM or both? Cuz they said bb on FM put on weight faster????

I am not bringing pump cuz i think first few days no milk one hee hee unless super like bochap like that which is rare hee hee :p I think mostly the nurse will let you practise latch on...so should be fine without the breast pump.

ginger,
Ya lor. My bb decided to come out early leh. I hv not symptom at all till bleeding then already 4cm dilated liao. Because its my 2nd preggy so better go to hospital lor. In fact I kept myself on the ball since CNY eve liao and prepared to go shen anytime. True enough, my boy came out 2 days later as compared to my girl.

etelle,
Wah, yr bb very big liao woh.... May be diff to push leh... U may need assisted delivery as this is yr 1st child and episiotomy is unavoidable.

Bulma,
Yr stitch still hurts ah? Hv u finish with yr massage? How many days after birth then u start the massage? I thought of starting next week but scare my stitch will hurt leh. Actually my stitch don't hurt that much lah... I can sit but hv to sit slowly. I put 2 maternity pads, one for cushioning and one for absorbing.

Bamwicca,
Yr boy's name has the same pronunciation as Mashy's Caeden.

Wow!! All babies so cute leh... Some even smiling....

I think there are alot of jayden and caeden's around. Cuz all very nice names and meaningful 2.....
happy.gif

bbcutie
i hope what u said is not true. Hee hee will pray against it. haha. I want a natural delivery w/out assistance ha ha :p And then no episiotomy.

I think all babies are adorable one lah ha ha
happy.gif

Etelle,
Wow your baby also q big. Guess that's the reason you also have puppp. Yours should be less serious otherwise Dr Ho would have prescribe medicine for you. I hope mine natural delivery too....had slight show this morning but dunno why until now 'no action'...

Mashy,
Breast milk is good but I think our generation also 'pressurized' to insist on bm. Ultimately baby's health is most important...you might want to consider supplementing formula.

Back