(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

COngrats Sunny for your new born!

Congrat SY for your wish come true!!

Sysac>> Really hope to see you and Cephas this Sat.

Pin>> I will be interested in the bath spree too.. I always miss the spree.

CL
seems that it is true hor. shy bb usually = gal. a lot of pple told me that! hmm, gals must be a bit more shy mah...

cookie
hee, yah, very happy. think gals are just different from boys. last week when i was shopping, i was so tempted to get gal stuff but cannot get yet cos dunno whether boy or gal. now can go and shop liao

SY,
Congratz on having a gal!!

Next to give birth would be Sandra, due in mid-march. Unless she has popped already?

mummies,
got new brand of diapers and wet wipes from japan. can request sample. jus register online. i jus did. www.diapers.com.sg

brand is GOO.N

My SIL's fren tried and preferred this compared to Nepia. Price is also cheaper!

CL,
So I will transfer $4.50 plus the scrapbook outstanding amt to u later.

SY,
Congrats !! Can close shop liao.
I asked Jamie before, she kept telling me she want Di Di.. I keep telling her mei mei good cos I wanted 2nd one to be gal. Let's see if kid's prediction is correct then.

Tracy,

I aso just ordered to try it out.

May
why you transfer so much for what ? The huggalegs is 11 plus leh so offset can liao. No need $4.50

Sunny - Congrats on the arrival of your little prince, hope to see bb pics soon
happy.gif

SY - wah, ur HB must be very happy! COngrats to you, can start shopping for all the pinkie stuff liao heehee... have fun 'splurging'
happy.gif

Sysac - Hope to see u n handsome Cephas tis sat!!

Sunny - Congrats on the arrival of your little prince, hope to see bb pics soon
happy.gif

SY - wah, ur HB must be very happy! COngrats to you, can start shopping for all the pinkie stuff liao heehee... have fun 'splurging'
happy.gif

Sysac - Hope to see u n handsome Cephas tis sat!!

may
hee, i dun intend to close shop if i have gal. cos i wan 3 kids so hoping to get a gal this time round cos if 2 boys really no motviation to have a 3rd one!

Sy,

Now tat my no.2 is a boy.. i am also concern if my no. 3 is a boy again.. then i peng san.... my SIl the thai one... is pregnant again??? her son is only 7 months.. wah.. she very brave leh... how to manage.... but ok lar she stay with my IL so shouldn't be a problem.. now i know why she dun want to work at all.. she jsut wnat to give birth.. hahah

tracy, CL
I also heard of good reviews of the Goo.N diaper from the dec 07 baby thread. I am also asking for sample. this is quite timely as Clarene is sensitive to nepia. now I have to sell off the nepia diapers that I have stock up. hopefully she is ok with this diaper else will have to use pampers premium. $0.43 per pc. that will be 1k per year if she uses 5 pcs per day. *faintz*

Sunny,
congrats!!

SY,
congrats on your gal. u are so brave to want to have a 3rd one. although I have 2 gals but I think 2 is enough.

hope that all sick babies and toddlers will recover soon.

Mongs,
ha ha I never calculated but my Charmaine uses pampers premium thru out from baby till 3 years old ha ha . Imagine how much i spent and for charmaine a little heavy flow she will come ask me to change.

I think Goo.N is cheaper when i comes to diapers but the pants are about the same price each piece..
That is why normally when there is sales at NTUC for nepia i will quickly stock up. i hope that elijah will be diaperless sooon

mummies
help.. Gerald has rashes, "fong mo".. the chinese says it's a wind rashes. how? shld i bring him to see PD or the chinese sinseh?

feng mo
There's a few ways to curb feng mo.

1. Take anti-hisatamine
If u go see ang mo doc, they'll give u antihisatamine (eg, chlorphenylamine/piriton). It helps to control it. They'll probably give u calamine lotion as well but its useless. Anti-hisatamine is good only while it lasts and after awhile, your body grows resistant to it and it stops being effective (if the feng mo is bad). Usually, for mild cases, it'll subside within few hours.

2. Take steroid jabs
If really bad case, the doc will give a steroid jab but for children, I don't think they'll give that jab.

3. See chinese doc
I think they'll probably give some bitter herbal tea or nothing.

I've had really serious case of feng mo that lasted more than 1 week before and I had to take 3 steroid jabs to control it. IMO, for peace of mind, bring them go see a PD get the antihisatamine aka flu medicine to relief the itch.

RE:Wet wipe
Since angel wet wipe some how like discontinue island wide... I'm so lost for what to buy now.
I tried the house brand of John little and din like that it's has fragrance and it doesnt come out pc by pc..

Mummies.. any suggestion what else is good and cheap :p ? Anyone tried the GOON? but it's out of stock now according to the website.

Krissie
Errr... think usually Fong Mo , have to wait for them to go away one? Dunno if giving him those heat rash powder will help or not.
Must be very itchy.. poor ger

krissie
that time JH had something like that. use jasmine flowers to bathe the rashes to help relive the itch. get those buds kind from the market.

if not, like what mamapanda said, take antihistamine

cookie,
i din angel biz fold liao leh. i got a letter from steven saying one of the biz partner pull out.

Cookie - i am now using Kodomo wipes for Celeste.. it sells at oni $1.95 for a pack of 70pcs.. price pretty reasonable to me.. its not too wet unlike some brands. can try a pack to see if ur kids are suited...

SY - haha are u referring to me? but true no motivation at all. haha...good to hear u got a gal. so nice...enjoy shopping!

rena - yup..same thinking..if 3 boys..can really faint!

cookie - same here. in bought pureen the pink one that has no smell but gee it is so ex as compared to angel wipes. $6.50 for 2 packets of 100 pcs. i also tried JL brand but don't really like it. i be gg malacca this weekend...if pureen is cheap..i may stock up. i have just sms steven ..lets see if he replies.

hi gals

my boy has been discharged today! So happy. He suddenly seems so grown up after the hospital stay. Pulled his chair to the table and said he wanted to eat. He never did that before.

rena/cookie
angel fold already lah. Steven sent a letter that he is now a financial planner lor.

SY
Congrats on a bb gal! U must be so delighted!

sunny
congrats of the arrival of your boy!

Sunny,

Congrats

SY,

So happy for you!!!! now will surely buy alot of sweet pretty clothings
happy.gif
so envious..i would like to have 3 too...but i cant

Goo.n

Leroy is now using Goo.n diapers and its really good. The promo price is ending tomorrow and from another thread, someone called them and apparently may increase to bout $15

Wet Wipes
Hmmmm, I was KS and stocked up on wet wipes, now only use them when we're out with D but we don't use it at home, we normally bring him to the toilet/shower and wash his butt and privates.

mamapanda, SY, cookie
THANKS...I used to hv it when I was young, so I can understand how itchy it is..
sad.gif
strangely, the rashes subsided when he came back from sch. monitoring him now. maybe will bring him this evening or tomorrow if the rashes appear again.. do feng mo disappear so suddenly?

SY
how long did it last for JH?

krissie
Yes, it comes and goes suddenly. Till today, I still don't what I ate or touched that triggered the bad case of feng mo I had. It was so bad my whole body was swollen and I had to take steroid jabs every 24 hours to contain it. My case was so bad I had to prevent contact with anyone of it'll agitate the rash and it'll grow until the whole limb has big red swollen patches and the itch almost killed me. It was far worse than chicken pox.

Mamapanda, Krissie,
My hb oso kenna and his brother too. For my hb there was a period he takes omega 3 plus glucosamine so dr says either one of it trigger. So he stopped. Then he tried 1 at a time to find out the cause but dun have too. So have to realli write down what you have eaten then you know what went wrong

chickenlittle
Problem is the day I kenna the feng mo, I didn't eat anything extraordinary. Just the same normal chicken rice and ice lemon tea I always have during lunch time. It just came. Maybe that day was raining and some pollen got stuck on my skin that triggered the chain reaction cuz I'm known to be allergic to grass pollen but I was wearing jeans so cant be sure also. Sometimes at night when I sleep, my legs will get feng mo also. I used to think it was mosquito bites cuz my legs will be so itchy and the feng mo patches feel just like swollen big mosquito bites. When I wake up in the morning, no more. HOwever, if I sleep in aircon and keep myself cool, no such problem so thats why I sleep in aircon every night. I'm the cant-sweat-too-much type. Not born for hot weather like here. Haha!

Mamapanda
My mum used to have it too. Then she eat seafood then kenna. My dad later cook aloe vera with pork ribs for her. THen dunno how many things she took then no more liao.

Congrats SUNNY!!!
happy.gif

CL,
I cannot remember if I paid you for the Ka'er. Anyway i've just done a tt to your POSB Current
757-03942-7 account. $50.

SY,
Keenan will be joining JH at GB next term.

krissie
it lasted quite some time for JH. he was actually given steriods also cos his rash had spread. so best to get the right medication early.

think abt 2 weeks? and the irritating part is that it kept coming back on and off.

DEnmy
that's great! JH is showing a lot of progress in sch and i m really happy that he is there. one area that he has shown a lot of improvement is speech

mashy,
good to hear C has been discharged
happy.gif

Re: Angel Wipes
Ya, i think no more angel wipes liao. I also got a letter from Steven saying he's now a financial planner.

Esther,
Aiya...the Goo.N diaper price till tomorow only? I hope they extend it.

Tracy,

Ya apparently, on one of the threads, one of the mothers called them to check what will be the price after the promotion ends. They told her their mgmt still have not disclosed but likely it will be $15. I do hope they extend too...hehe i ks..already ordered more than 10 packs
happy.gif

Congrats sunny on your baby boy!

Tracy, Im next. Due date on the 2nd of March. Baby showing no signs of coming out though. So I think might be an over-baked one. =(

mashy
glad that C is discharged. so just follow up with his med at home sufficient?

esther,
wow u ordered so many packs....

sandra
hope to hear good news from u next week!

Sandra,
ooohhh...anytime soon!! wats the weight of your baby now? tink the last you mentioned it was of good size already!

Mashy
So happy for you that he can now come home. Aiyo that time I also suddenly feel like Aden grow taller though I was with him all the time.

Sandra
Jia you Jia You, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks mummies for encouragement. Im actually going nuts with wanting the baby to come out soon. However, God has other plans, so no choice must tahan a while more... =\

Tracy, I think Im going to TEAR big time. Last I check was around 3.4kg. But then again my doctor has stopped telling me the baby's exact size already. So I just hope for baby to come out earlier BUT see, Murphy's law... =\

Congrats to SUNNY!

Congrats to SY!

I also would like more children, but after a break.. i'm so tired and stressed out now by work and the kids.. really no life for myself... there are some days i feel so lousy i just want to run away..plus i feel that i want didi to be more assured of himself b4 considering having another kid cos i want to be able to have some time for him. Anyways, work is so busy now, i don't think i can have another kid until a few years later, and by then, dunno if i'll be too old liao...

I got lucky this time round cos didi is so easy to take care of, my cousin just had a baby and she's a colicky sort of baby.. make me so thankful that didi is such an angel... otherwise i won't be able to cope with work and all..

Rachel
I will try and dash down to spotlight to get stuff for the party tomorrow. will let you know the cost but it shouldn't be too expensive.

Mommies going for the party.. i hope u don't have too high expectations.. just some simple games and songs and activities for the children to enjoy.

Mommies
I just have to share this.. i was letting tabby play with her markers when she suddenly drew a smiley face for me.. not by accident.. she actually pointed and said happy face. its got 2 circles for eyes and a crooked line for mouth... haha.. my girl's first recognisable drawing.. i would have saved it but for the fact that she drew it on my LEG!

sandra
hang in there... dun worry about bb side, my gynae never like to tell me bb size cos to him they can squeeze thru the birth canal.
YOu will see your darling very soon
happy.gif

Tabbiesus
Tabby is so advance
happy.gif
and artisitc... can draw happy face already .

Re:Wet wipe
Thanks mummies for your input...I will go round hunt for other brands to try again.
Yeah I knew that steven close shop.. I also receive the financial planner letter thingy.
Was hoping maybe John little will bring in on their own or what...
Now I'm tempted to try the Goon...

tabbs
wow tabby is so smart. so funny, she drew it on your leg instead....

yeah i m hoping #2 will be an easier bb. if not will feel really stressed

sandra
dun worry too much. we look forward to hearing your update soon!

tabbs

wah, tabby is so smart!!! That's a milestone. Maybe can get her to draw on the paper? hahaha, how come u let her draw on your leg with a marker?

Re: Meds

My boy is scared of meds again. sigh. He only takes the rhinathiol willingly. He hates the antibiotics. Probably coz it tastes horrible.

Tabbiesus,
Wow Tabby is progressing fast with speech and now even drawing.

Cookie,
Have you try Pigeon Brand? Jamie has been using it since born. I tried Pureen and Tollyjoy but she will have nappy rash after using. So I still stick to Pigeon. NUK is another brand that you might want to try. But abit ex.

CL,
I selling that hugglugs at $8 leh. cos have been sitting inside Jamie's cupboard for quite long. So will have balance to top up lor. Can let me know ur account again? Just in case I transfer wrongly again.

Mashy,
Try feeding sweeter medicine before antibiotics. Jamie hates antibiotics so I use this method. If she only need antibiotic, I will give her some crysanthemum tea or glucose water so that the antibiotic will not be so strong for her.

Sandra,
Have a smooth delivery. Hope to hear from u soon!

Back