(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

kuikwan, fairymoss, Jenny, hui32,
hope it helps to rest more by laying down after #2?
happy.gif

fairymoss,
my massage lady will clean me with "scotts" paper after each massage.
happy.gif

Even cleaner then bathing,
all dirt will comes off with her "wipes".
happy.gif

meixue,
you are so blessed,
can I ask if you are below 25yr old?
happy.gif

Tanlengleng,

Below 25 will not kena the effects ah? no wonder Jeslyn is so healthy, cuz she's also a young mummy and having sit up all day at the PC during confinement didn't give her problems at all. So age also plays a part huh? No wonder my mum only suffer all the aches at middle age cuz she had us at 20, 25 and 30!

Fairymoss, my girl poos 1-3 times a day.

LengLeng, I was slightly above 25 when I gave birth. Perhaps I will suffer the aches later...

Good morning Mommies

fairymoss
EnEn poos once or twice daily.
happy.gif

confinement rules
I regretted that I did not heed my cousin's advice not to wash my hands with cold running water during confinement, and always to wear a pair of bedroom slipper whenever I m up from the bed... now my hands/legs will be painful whenever it rains got those 'sng sng' feeling...

Zach's fever confirmed subsided liao coz many red spots coming out. Very obvious he slim down alot. Glad that everythings over. Now I'll have to concentrate to feed him until fat fat kekeke!

kteck
thanks for the tips on sweet peas

my boy will want to climb out of highchair when he's just 30% into his meal.
sad.gif

Poll:
Does your baby sit through in the high chair during mealtimes?
Do you need to use toys to distract them and try to persuade them to eat more?

krissie
RJ will sit through in the high chair during mealtimes...he loves to eat...he knows that once he sit on high chair means got things to eat..so he dun mind...anyway when me n hb having dinner RJ has to sit on high chair to wait for us to finish our meal then only he can come out...

Declan will sit on the high chair only if he is entertained by TV programmes or live singing/dancing ie. hb, me, or mum. We said he's like king, eat also must have entertainment.

Krissie, it depends on her mood. Most of the time,she can sit in high chair throughout the meal. But sometimes she wants to be carried/walk about. But always need toys to play with.

Krissie,
gezann won't sit still on the high-chair after feeding her less than 10 mouthful. She will struggle out and stand, if she can't she will scream. I need to entertain/distract her with toys, books, (she don't watch tv) etc. Now I paste some stickers on the high-chair and it keeps her still but I don't think it will be for long.

krissie,
so far hazel can sit thru her meals (abt 15-20mins) but i hafta use many toys, mobile phones, barney videos and household items to distract her. sometimes towards the last few mouthfuls, she'll wana come out of her chair so i carry her to the sink to pretend to wash her hands and she will watch the water and finish the food.

berlin's method quite gd!

krissie
We bought 2 high chairs for Zach. Ikea high chair we put at home and Safety 1st high chair we put at my mom's hse.

<font color="0077aa">Ikea High Chair-At home</font>
Zach will only sit still for ard 5-10mins then he'll attempt to stand up. So I have to use toys or Barney VCD to distract him. Once he almost fell down from the high chair.

<font color="ff0000">Safety 1st High Chair-At my mom's hse</font>
He'll sit thru out his meals coz he cant stand up. His legs blocked by the removable table top. He'll also try to stand up and when he can't he'll make alot of noise.

Megan
So envy...how I wish Zach will be like RJ...

tanlengleng,

yeah...i heard too. so for my 2nd one, guess i have to guai guai follow or suffer again.

joyful, maybe we can start to have a MTB list soon? well, i won't be joining so soon, let others go first. heehee.

Mummies,

Declan is joining the walkers club soon, so I'm getting a pair of shoes for him before CNY, so that he can wear out to pai nian..heehee, dunno by then he can walk already not. Where to get huh? sorry wasn't paying much attention when u all talk about shoes. Guess I always slower by 1 beat lor. Soft sole better?

Poll:
-> most of the times....
-> usually no need, will give her a spoon or little bit of bread to go with..

fairymoss
im using disney brand shoes for regine, although she can walk fast and stable, i still use soft sole, cos it's lighter but it will b more slippery...must be careful orh..

Wah, RJ and Regine so guai ah...
Like most bbs, Fybie needs to be entertained with toys, household items to make her sit still... Most of the time when my mom feeds her, she will complete her meal guai guai, when comes to me or my hb, she will show her true colors and can only sit still for 10mins. My tactics is feed her fast fast before she gets impatient.

These days I let her play with a small rubber band to keep her still... hee hee!

Good to hear that Zach is well liao!

Kuikwan,
Glad that Zach is ok liao...so he confirmed suffer the same as Rayden one mth plus back...

Poll:
-> yes
-> usually no need....but sometimes when maybe not so delicious, then got to force him more

Hi Mummies,

What milk powder is your DS/DD drinking now? My son is drinking Gain IQ now. Would like to ask mummies here whether have any idea to get GAIN IQ at the best price? So far, I only saw medical hall near my home selling S$24.50.

HappyGal29
Yah same same...now his face n body alot of rashes...appetite still very bad. Canot finish his milk (210ml) and porridge only ate half bowl.

Zach is drinking Enfagrow A+ now. I will only buy milk powder and pampers from NTUC other place I'm not too sure.

Poll:
-> yes most of the time
-> yes, he needs lots of entertainment. He will refuse to open his mouth initially but after the first spoon, he will open his mouth willingly. Needs books, toys to distract him.

Aidan is drinking NAN HA 2, I haven't tried other brands. He's quite allergic to stuff so I'm quite worried in switching brands. He has dark circles below his eyes, doc said its a sign of allergy to something (taken from his father). People always ask if he has enough sleep coz of the dark circles.

I paste strawberry shortcake sticker and she just want to peel the sticker out and crashed, that's why it keeps her still. I need to buy more stickers when she gets sick of this one.

Milk powder: dumex step 3.

Ziv mostly sit thru the meal, he also like his solid very much. Unless when he not feeling well then he reject his meal then i need to play to distract him.

Milk - Neslac 1+

Jenny
Hey Zach also got dark circles below his eyes leh. Oh oh which means he also allergic to something...mm...others also ask if Zach has enough sleep too. Hubby also got dark circles but so far till now no sign of allergy. But doc says long hrs facing computer will also have dark circles leh...duno izit true or not. Hubby in IT line and he sleep ard 1-2am.

Berlin
Once hubby paste a sticker on Zach's stroller at home then this boy gum itchy...keep lick n lick then 1 day I realised the sticker came off abit...mm...duno did he swollow any of it. But now he'll try to peel off the sticker lor. We just paste for fun. But ur method sounds gd ... will try it out!

kuikwan,
Those sticker I bought are the ones that can paste on glass, so even if she peels off, i can dap some water and repaste again. Sometimes, even not meal times, she also want to sit in high chair to peel the sticker. But paste bigger stickers cos she ever chewed on a smaller one when I wasn't looking, luckily I dig it out from her mouth.

Berlin
You are so clever! When we say stickers, I just thot of those normal ones kekeke so where to get those stickers that u mention huh? I'll go and buy this weekend. Hope this trick works on Zach.

Poll
-> Yes but sometimes may not want to sit in it
-> Yes, She loves to watch Hi-5 videos and also holding on to her fav drum-sticks at meal-times

Milk powder: Neslac &amp; GainIQ

mummies
thanks for the poll on sitting in high chair. At least, i have some consolation that Ger's normal. haha.. (Meg, you're so lucky that RJ is so guai. Jeslyn also v lucky ) I tried the stickers too, but don't work. : (

Liewlian
My mum says that there's this old wives tale that bbs tend to bully the mummies. My mum can also feed him much easier than me.

Megan,
For me, I'll buy Gain IQ from supermarkets, coz we can accumulate 10 recipts to exchange for 1 free tin. Hmmm.. I suppose that it works out to be the same then?

Krissie
Is that true? BBs tend to bully mummies? For me its the other way round, BB bully my mum but not me. Maybe cos I am the main care giver ba.

tanlengleng
i also had heard before, the effect will delay...
later when we get old, we will had all the pains and aching coming....

fairymoss
breasts also nt firm as before, not to forget i had two gals....elder i breastfed for 8mths n im still bfeeding regine till now....omg, when can i stop? regine still want to be breastfed during slptime and also in the middle of the night when she wakes up, she insist on bfeed den she goes back to slp...

happygal29
my gals also on gainIQ, sometimes i switch for them the FM....to dumex dugro...cheaper
happy.gif

Krissie, is it true? I find that shanice tends to bully my hubby and my mum, both of whom spoils her. She usually listens to me more, either cuz she knows that I am no-nonsense, or maybe she gives me 'face' cuz I'm her fave person! haha.

As for breastfeeding, my shanice is quite different from jeslyn's regine. She's not addicted to my breasts....dunno good or bad.

Poll
-> At home, EnEn will not sit on high chair cos he doesnt like to be restricted. He will sit around the living hall area and my MIL's maid will feed him.
-> not with toys but with his fave music Schnappi
happy.gif

Milk powder: EnfaGrow

Berlin
I'll go other place to search...thx!

Zach prefers daddy and gong gong (these 2 person spend less time with him coz need to work mah) so its kinda weird how come he loves them sooo much as compared to me and po po whom he's ard with most of the time.

Just now while we playing in the playrm, I told him I wana play this toy with him. He push me away and when I insist, he throw the toy away. He refused to play with me. I suppose he's still angry with me coz those days when he had fever I'm the one who feed him with the medicine.

I'm the one who acts as the bad guy. But Zach still not afraid of me leh. He likes to snatch my specs and pull my hair. But 1 thing, he doesn't bite me but he love to bite his daddy. Maybe to him, bite means LOVE! kekeke

Krissie,

Sorry for "reporting" late abt your poll

Poll:-

Yes, most of the time... for mil not sure, cos mil dont let him sit on the high chair, but let him cruise around the coffeetable to take his lunch, which I think is no good, but as long he knows that when his mummy feeds him meals, he must sit in his highchair, I am happy liao.

Sometime during the last part of his "marathon" of feeding, I will need to, or when he is fussy I need to. If not his eyes will be glue to the tv program, esp ch 8 630pm news. :p

Milk powder: Dumex Mamil Gold Step 3

Poll:- eggs

How often do u give ur babies eggs? Haven tried on yang2 yet, so cannot contribute. Pai Sey.

YL, I only give egg once a week, 1 egg. I scramble it with cheese and some vegs for her breakfast. Eggs high in cholestrol, so I don't intend to give her so many.

YL
Since 10mths, I gave Zach hard boil eggs mixed with cereal everyday. But now I only gave him 1-2 times a week cook together with porridge. I gave first born eggs to Zach.

Hey, I managed to get GAIN IQ at one of medical hall near my mum place...hehe...selling $23.20 for the 900g.

My son have dark circles too...especially if he din sleep well....

I still have not give rayden egg white yet...only once a week for the egg yolk. I normally mixed it into his porridge. Tried giving him mee-shua two weeks back...he loves it... =)

HappyGal29
Rayden so clever noes how to eat mee sua liao. I dun dare to let Zach try coz I scared he choke. I also wish to let him try bread.

Nowadays, other then milk and porridge, I duno what to feed Zach. Not even his bb biscuits. Mummies any suggestions? Tried feeding yogurt but he dun like it.

-- nope..the most only around 1/2 of her meal time...after that she will make noise and want to come down.headache

yes..and i don't give her she will refuse to open her mouth and make so much noise..uhh uhh uhhh and pointing pointing at everything on the table.

Milk powder: karihome goats milk . she allergic to cows

How often do u give ur babies eggs?
quite often...i gave her almost all types already..hard and half boiled, scrambled, sunny side up, omellete.

I think i'm to liberal in giving her food. I basically gave her whatever dishes we are eating such as soup, stir fry veggies (with seasoning), mushrooms, but i still use porridge rather than rice. she also loves mee shua and pasta (abc).i also let her eat a small amount of cake and ice cream just now..hehe..

kuikwan..you could try to give zach small pieces of bread first..and you could put a big of cheese so it's yummy.

Back