(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

I also plan to keep the first bday simple. Just catering at home, invite some close friends and relatives. I'll prepare a baby Photo Montage to play on vcd (like wedding like this :p) and lay out all her photos. As for cake, not yet decided.

I just got a walker for shanice. I dont let her use it very often, just as a last-resort place to put her/let her roam about when i need to cook/do housework.

1st BD for yang2 also not sure yet.. maybe go for short holiday or just make it simple one.

RE:Walker
I also let my boy use the walker, sometime is really bo bian, better to let him roam around then him making noise right? He roam around he more happy, can explore more things but got to be careful also.. cos he will try to reach whatever thing his small little arm could reach.

He is able to crawl too.. sometime when he tired of sitting in a walker he will make noise.. so no choice will give walker.. sometime exersaucer he also dont like to sit in it.

pooh,

Mine also dunno how to crawl. Occasionally my mum put him in walker when she got to do something eg. makan lunch. know it's tough not to use walker, esp when they dunno how to crawl and can't expect them sit whole day on the mat/floor. and sometimes they can tumble and knock themselves when off-balance sitting down.

Think is Meixue said that not all bb will crawl, but I kind of worried for his development when he still dun crawl at 8mths+. Wonder if we need to send them to PD for checks?

Has anyone of you give cheese to bb?

For porridge, can we put dried scallop to boil the stock to make it more tasty? Is it not advisable cuz it's a highly allergy food same as those prawns/shellfish?

Thanks mummies for your feedbacks.

I prefer low key events, so I will not be holding a BD party for my DD. Will probably bring her on a holiday instead
happy.gif

fairymoss,
Jared is another bb who doesnt really crawl. I think he only able to crawl forward around 9 mth 1 wk. Even though now after 2 wks, he also only able to crawl 2 step, rest 1 step..and continues hehe..So dun worry too much.

Hi mummies,

Hazel doesnt use walker and she can crawl quite fast. She usually does it in the cot although sometimes I put her on the mat. I place a toy at e far end to entice her to crawl to get it. She gets excited and crawls really fast! I tink all it takes is a little training. Some babies skip the crawling stage altogether cos they have no chance to learn to crawl since modern parents hardly put their bbs on the floor.

My hubby just wants to have a quiet get-together for hazels first bday, the 3 of us. Although im more the party sort. But I doubt babies can appreciate parties at this pt. in fact hazel gets really bothered and fussy when it gets crowded. She gets stanger-anxiety easily.

POLL
What are ur baby naptimes in the day?

And what do u give for breakfast.

POLL
Naptimes - after breakfast n before dinner. so ard 10am n 4pm

Breakfast - oats / cereal. sometimes with banana

My boy also duno how to crawl until now and he is already 9mth 1 wk and even i put him in the walker he dun move much only a few step backward or side still duno how to move forward. Anyway, I am monitoring how if this continue maybe will bring him c PD. But my 2 nephew also skip crawl and go straight to walk so i just take it easy now.

Poll
Naptime time :- 10am & 3pm

Breakfast :- either eggs, bread or biscuits. My son doesn't like cereal

My boy started wt commandor style of crawling (more like creeping) for 1 mth plus. This past 2 weeks he is trying to crawl on fours...still learning n figuring on his hand n leg coordination...

Poll:
Naptimes: 11am (for 45 mins), 2pm (for 45-90mins), 6pm (45 mins).

Breakfast: Cereal, oats, mashed potato. intend to try bread/biscuits.

My girl uses walker sometimes and there's no problem with her crawling. In fact, she started the professional on-all-4s crawl at 8 months, and is very fast. So i dont think walker impairs crawling, so mummies, don't worry. But heard it might impair development of walking skills though...

meixue/ YL,
wad kind of oats? wad brand? how to prep?

NAPTIMES
hazel's naptimes are quite far off from the rest of ur bbs. hers is 830am (1.5hrs) and 12.30 (2 hrs). so shes up from 230 to 830pm b4 bedtime! tink i shd drag the AM nap to later.

Naptimes,
10am (abt an hour), 230 or 3pm (good times will be 2hours).

Breakfast.. hmm, now he has his 1st feed (fm) of the day at 6am or sometime 7am. So by 11am i will feed him porr during wkend. As for during wkday, think my mil will feed him with cereal/brwn rice at 11am+ also.. so now i still give my boy 2 semi solids only.. after his porr, he will have his milk at 4pm+. Follow by cereal/brwn rice at 640pm. Last feed of the day will be 830pm or 9pm+.

Re: BREAd
Mummies, we can start giving our bb bread already? My boy still bo gey, so dare not try give him bread, but ever try giving him some cakes. :p Little bit for trying only.

Sunnyling,
I guess your boy will need time to figure out how to "walk" using the walker, soon he will be expert with it already. For a start, he will start "walking" side ways or backwards.

2005, I got rolled oats from SIL. she bought from organic shop. She cook over stove. i add water n steam cos i only give 1 tbsp each time.

My DD initally dropped her late PM nap but recently she is back on track again.
Her nap times are very close to Hazel's. If she skip the last nap, I usually put her to bed at 7 / 7.30pm instead of 8pm.

DS

Thk so but anyway we didnt really put him alot in the walker.

My boy sleep at 9am (for 2hr+) and ard 1pm+ (ard 1hr) and maybe at ard 4 (another 1 hr) but sometime only 1 afternoon nap for ard 2 hr.

Can I check wat is the last feed of milk you give for your bb? My boy drink his last feed at ard 8pm but he alway refuse and need to slowly coax him and the most he take now is 5oz and sometime is ard 3oz+. Was wondering issit to near to the dinner tat y he reject his milk.

sunnyling,
My boy last feed is around 830pm, som3time 9pm. He usually takes abt 180ml if he is very hungry will be 240ml.

What dinner did you give your boy? cereal or porr?

Poll: Leaving home to work.
Mummies, does your bb cry/ "act cry" when seeing you leaving the house to work?
My boy does that everytime.. looking at him makes me heart pain, but no choice, his mummy and daddy needs to go to work mah.. if not how to earn money to buy milk powder for him to drink? :p

So glad to see this thread is active again.

Muj,

1. Megan's bottom two teeth have come out. So tiny and cute.
2. She arh.... bar bar a lot
3. Her fav is someone to hug her and carry her

SC,

We r planning for a short trip at yr end to celebrate her 1st bd.

Sandy,

Who is the "FC" you or your hb?? keke

Pooh 25,

I let megan use the walker, after a mth plus, she can master and 'drives' the walker pretty well now, can control her movement and where she wants to go.

Fairymoss,

my megan also cannot crawl. She only knows how to go backward but not forward. Yes, i do give cheese to megan, but restricted to twice a week cos i find it a bit salty. I also use dried scallop to boil the stock but she doesn't like my porr
sad.gif

Naptimes,
Gezann's nap is 10am (abt 1 hr, used to be 1.5 or 2hrs) and 3pm (2 or 3 hrs)

Breakfast
No breakfast for her yet.

Leaving home to work
DS, Gezann don't cry or act cry. She will see me off at the gate and we practice bye bye wave every morning.

(1) nap time : 9.30am (30 to 45 min), afternoon 2 - 3 pm (1 to 1 1/2 hours)

(2) breakfast: milk. when reach nanny's place, she will give banana or bread.

DS, think give soft white bread is better than cake, a bit too sweet.

Sunny
My boy's last feed is ard 9 to 9.30 before he goes to bed...he dinner time is ard 6pm..

DS
So sweet your boy misses u...my boy is ok to see me leave for work...prob bcos he is still at home wt papa...his papa will send him to bbsitter hse later...sometimes I feel tat I'm quite a loousy mummy cos my boy not sticky to me...

BREAKFAST
hazel oso doesnt take bf. 2 cereal meals daily. tinking of starting bf soon but duno wad to give. shes getting sick of all the diff cereals oredi.

sunnyling,
hazel's last feed is 815pm. but i break up the last feed into 2 feeds: 3oz 7pm, 3oz 815pm, dinner 515pm. if not she refuses to finish the whole 6oz at 1 shot.

DS,
hazel will portest and cry abit every mrng wen i leave for work. i will hug and kiss her then give her back to maid, she will protest.

SC,
i cut out her evening nap cos she slps too well during day and she will wake up many times at nite. cos hazel needs to be rock to slp in e day so we dnt rock she dnt slp. she gets slpy towards evening so i put her in the cot to stand and walk ard 730pm to "wake her up" til her last feed at 8pm.

DS, your yang2 misses you mar. that's why cry. My shanice only knows how to smile and wave bye bye, as if can't wait to chase me out of the house.

Sunny, shanice's last feed is 9+pm. Her dinner is 7pm.

Fairymoss, I give cheese maybe 2-3x a week.

DS,
Yeah agree with meixue/Megan, your yang2x so sweet, dun want u to go to work. If my Jared does that, maybe Ill consider stay at home? Hehehe..Unfortunately he doesnt lah

Sunny,
Jareds last feed 9pm, dinner is porridge at 6pm

Nap time
10am (1.5hr) and 4pm (1.5hr)
Jared need to hv good nap before his porridge meal, else he will pretend to be sleepy and refused to eat his porridge.

My boy eat porriage in the day and cereal for his dinner between 5-6 but he refuse his milk when i trying to give him his last feed at 8-9. My hubby was saying maybe the timing is too near.

Now my boy see everybody who go out of the door but never bring him will make noise or cry. But sometime in the morning he will bye bye to me without cry when i go work. I thk my boy prefer my hubby more also everytime when his dad walk pass him never carry him he will cry or make noise. He only will occasionaly make noise when i walk pass him but never carry him. But hor i am the one took care of him most leh so sad.

sunny...
same here...i took care n spend more time wt my boy but i feel he is closer to my hb too...he will gv a big smile when he sees his papa...prob bcos mummy very strict wt him...scold him when he is naughty...once i scolded him he keep crying but when papa carry him he quiet down n refuse to look at me...

Weoseek,
I think my boy not sweet lah, maybe he also like sunny's son, just want someone to bring him along when go out of the door lor... :p

Nap
2 times, 11am (abt 1-1.5 hr) and then 4pm (1-1.5hr).

Breakfast
bread, egg yolk or oatmeal.

POLL
Mommies..how many time does your baby poo in a day?

Mine used to poo only once or twice a day, these few days she poo so many times,and some are like constipate until she cried. but we didn't give anything hard to her leh..just the usual porridge and fruits and she drinks a lot of water too. haiz...maybe she eats too much? coz she can easily gulp down 2 bowl of porridge nowadays and wipe down her milk of 200ml. so confused.

Hello, me long time no post liao!! Hope all of you never forget me!!

Fybie bottom only got a tiny tooth, very cute but she likes to bite my finger whenever we feed her Ba Bao San.
She arh.... Grr grrr a lot.. Dunno how to call Pa or Ma yet (T__T)
She loves to admire herself in the mirror and she likes pple to play peek-a-boo with her.

513428.gif
Her 1st BD will be held @ NSR CC, her grandaunt very kiasum already booked the bungalow since June. We may have 2 rounds of celebrations cos we need to invite friends and relatives, most likely will be getting caterer... Cake - My sis is gonna get 1 from Polar - Hello Kitty Design, hee hee cos I like it, haha!!

When my mom brings her over to her house, she will put her on the walker for her to roam arnd, my house is totally not child safe so we dun have one for her. Fybie was also quite slow to crawl, but can only do commando crawl on the floor, but after I bought a wind-up mini toy lady-bird, she had so much fun chasing after the toy and hence she picked up her skills on crawling!!
Yesterday, my mom left her unattended for only 30 seconds, she has already crawled to my mini fish tank on the floor, splashing water and trying to scoop out the 2 poor goldfishes!! haha!!

Fybie takes Laughing Cow Brand Cheese, either on its own or I will mix it with EYS cereal for breakfast. Dried Scallop is only given to her in her porr,once a week.

Her last feed is around 8pm, Dumex nite feed 180ml max.

Fybie these days will cry a little when I leave for work, cos she starts to understand that I will be away till late at nite. When I reach home aft work, she will stare at me, till I go over to carry her! Hee hee, very heart-warming and sweet!
Today when I carried her over from her grandpa, she grabbed my face and kissed on my lips! Of course I gave her 1 big hug and planted many kisses on her too!!

Poll: Does your BB have any weird habits?
Fybie does the following:
1. Pulling her hair very very hard
2. Sticking her thumbs into her ears and twist...
3. Slapping our faces real hard and giggle, she loves slapping her daddy's face A LOT
4. Sucking her toes when she takes her porridge
5. Most ultimate one --- PINCHING HER DADDY'S NIPPLES HARD
513429.gif

muj,
2 bowls of porr + 200ml milk at 1 feed? Are you feeding her too much? perhaps you want to give her some yoghurt instead of 2 bowls of porr.

YL/Liewlian
Tks 4 the info.

Muj
Ur girl can really eat. RJ still eat slightly more than half a rice bowl of porridge...RJ poo poo once or twice a day...sometimes he also has constipation n come out hard stool..we gave him lots of water too and he just loves drinking water...

Liewlian
RJ loves to pull hairs even his own hair..slap slap also another of his fav...now he loves to bite prob bcos he is teething...now RJ has 4 teeth, 2 bottom n 2 upper...his new nickname from his papa is Paul Fourteeth...ha..ha...influence by Singapore Idol...

Liewlian,
Sounds like fybie real aggressivehaha.

Jared used to twist hand/feet at a syncronise movement, all 4s twist at the same time. But now he doesnt do it anymore. He start to shake his left leg while we carry him on our lap or when he sit on the high chair.

Jared also seems like preferred me to come home late leh. Usually if I get home after 7.30pm, he will welcome me with big smile large movement as if wanna dash over to me. But if I get home earlier than that he will stare at me as if Im stranger like that.

Re: NSR CC
Whats that place and where is it? Saw both berlin & u going there.

Muj,
Wow summer can eat a lot.

Jared poo 1x a day. And he can only eat half a bowl of porridge, anything more than that he will end up vomit entire meal out. In fact, ever since his lunch increase to half bowl, his next milk feed at 2.30pm drop to 4oz only. (used to be only 2 chinese spoon porridge + 5oz milk 2 hr later)

Ziv poo 1 a day or sometime twice a day. He can eat 1 1/2 bowl of porriage and his milk feed is also ard 4-5oz at ard 230-3pm. Anyway he dun drink alot of milk recently.

Can I get the cheeze mention at any NTUC???

My boy like to pull and rub or twist his ear alot and his ear is alway red or cut which i got to keep apply medicine for him so sad sometime is real red.

I thk the NSR CC is at Tenah Merah, if the same I did ask my friend to book for me but thk is already taken i ask him to book too late
sad.gif

HABITS
hazel has no weird habits except likes to "roar" wiv her mouth wide open when playing wiv us. she oso luvs to rock and bounce up and down when shes excited. oh, n she likes to twirl her wrists round and round, i find it v cute.

seems like fybie is a smart baby!

hazel doesnt noe how to reciprocate my affections yet. only lean forward wiv mouth open when i say "kiss kiss". duno how to hug or kiss me ley.

POOPOO
hazel poos once daily or alternate days. she takes 3/4 bowl cereal twice daily and 3 full feeds.

Berlin..ya lho sometime i though that hei..i think u had enough but she keep asking for more..i mean..i can't not give her yah...like so cruel leh..some more she so petit and need to catch up on her weight. For milk i don't give straight away..about 2 hr after her porridge feed. i gave her prune juice yesterday and tdy her poo is a lot softer.

weird habit
she like to playfully bite my chin and then laugh herself off while her mouth still there.

good afternoon mommies....
happy.gif

megan
u want to be the organiser for the mass bday party for our dec babies?? hehe...
kao_clap.gif

we are feeding EnEn the same type of yogurt & cheese as mentioned by YL..

Polls:
1) Naptime
EnEn's naptimes are around 930am for max 1 hour, then around 230pm for max 1 hour, sometimes he wont sleep till nite time..

2) Breakfast
EnEn will have EYS brown rice / Oatmeal Cereals / Multigrain Cereals / Rolled Oat (Grind)

3) Leaving home to work
We will kiss EnEn b4 we leave for work and he'll smile at us as if he understands. and like Berlin, we will wave 'bye-bye' to him, give him flying kisses too

4) Poo
EnEn poos twice a day, once in the morning b4 bath and once late evening around 7pm or 8pm

5) Weird Habits
EnEn enjoys putting his face on his daddy's moustache area.. and when drinking FM or water, he will like to touch his toes..

DS
I do give EnEn eat wholemeal bread from Prima Deli cos it is w/o preservatives. He will take 1 or 2 pieces per day. He still 'bo gey' too.. And he has tried eating cakes too.. haha
biggrin.gif

Taka
haha.. my FC is my MIL lor...
kao_biggrin.gif

fairymoss
I do give dried scallop & dried abalone slices to cook porr for EnEn to eat, max twice a week. I will soak them overnight, next morning i will used the soaked water to cook porr and chopped fine the dried scallop to mix with porr for him to eat..
happy.gif

LiewLian
Megan does everything that Fybie is doing now...stick finger into her ears, suck toes / play with toes while drinking milk...except pinching her daddy's nipples,instead she likes to use her finger and flick her daddy's nipples.....hrmm...maybe she thot it is dirt
kao_biggrin.gif

Muj
My DD was very constipated when she came back from SG. She oso cried while trying to poo. But after I fed her pears, her system all cleared. Maybe u can try giving your DD some fruits?

hi mummies,
theres a baby gym @ east coast/ katong offering free trial for month of sep. im bringing hazel for this sat's session (Tumble Squeakers class), 430 to 515pm. anyone interested?

The class is only at 4.30-5.15, any other sessions? The timing clash with gezann's nap time.

Can you give us feedback on the class. Thanks.

Oh me now in Jakarta now, going back to Spore tonight!

2005, I just pm you my hp number so can you please send me the info via sms to my hp??

Thanks!
515770.gif

Hi mummies,
Wah, so many posts to read since I last came in...

straycats,
Re: 1-yr old birthday plans... no big plans since Cathleen won't be able to appreciate it yet. Maybe just hold a simple gathering @home. 1-yr old birthday celebration is more for the parents actually! ha...

pooh25,
Re: walker.. hmm, actually I don't like the idea, but one day, hb came home with one. So we let Cathleen sit in it, but not very often. She can tummy-crawl & stand holding onto the sofa.
I read a book which says research shows that walker will delay development by ~1 mth (ie bbs who use walker will walk 1 mth later than those who didn't, etc). But perhaps it's no big deal afterall, as all bbs will eventually walk anyway.

fairymoss,
Not to worry so much about Declan not crawling @8mths+. Just to quote an eg, my nephew is one such bb who never crawl & he just starting walk straight away.

2005(first_mum),
Re: POLL
Naptimes - 10+am, 2+pm, 7+pm (sometimes skip)
Bkfast - still milk

sunnyling,
Re: last feed.. is usually around 9+ to 10pm. She's still drinking 6-6.5oz

DS,
Re: Leaving home for work.. hmm, no leh, Cathleen doesn't cry. She'll just take a look at me & then continue watching TV! haha...
Kinda sweet of yang2.. he wants you to be with him. Bbs are smart, they only want the ones who they love to be with.

mujmuj,
Re: poo.. Usually Cathleen poos once or twice a day.

liewlian,
Re: weird habits
Cathleen also loves to pull hair, dig ears & suck toes. And one more, she enjoys digging her finger into my mouth! On top of that, her fav is to twirl her feet! She does whenever she's sitting, since 5+ mths. And when I pick her up, she'll use her hand to pat my shoulder, quite cute to me.

hi all,

its called JWT gym, they have a website. its located at Eastgate building, which is beside the old Roxy Square. contact no. 63481889.

berlin,
the session oso clashes wiv hazel's naptime but they only have 1 session on sat. i hope hazel can have fun and forget abt her sleepiness!

Back