(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

furryfurry, i also thought of going KK but i have visited a few gynaes and they all said the same thing i.e too early to detect so I didnt want to waste any money to do another check up. If all is not well this Sat, I will request for my gynae to do blood test. I must insist no matter how much he procrastinate.

I do have menstral like cramp on and off the whole day, and it happens everyday.. but my cramp is still bearable, so I did not see any doctor at all.. i still can sleep very well at night... I wonder how long this crampy feeling will last, hopefully when I reach 7 or 8th week, the cramp is minimal... as long as no spotting, I'm not so worried though...

Worried mom, since you've already seen a FEW gynaes, then the only thing you can do now is to wait right? Wait for the foetus to grow. Actually, if its etopic, like my gynae explained, we will see a rush of blood signalling trouble. Else, we need to give our bodies time to grow and develop. Worrying will not help, rest and peace will help pass the next 48 hrs much better. sayang.

Morraine, no la, I not worried. If its meant to be, it will be. Anyway, its not like its something I can control, besides making sure I take care of myself (which I should anyway, preggie or not...). I just wear a liner everyday to mske sure i can see the spotting if it occurs again la. :p

I also 'suffer' from inability to sleep, pee every 30 mins, aversion to smells and foods, fatigue, need water like crazy etc...DH see me say si bie cham, better stop at one hahahaha

ok ok ~ i called my gynae to ask ur qns..

worried mum ~

if u go now den cant see anything again.. best to go for blood test den check for HCG level.. den if ur HCG level is jin high den stil cant see den its chances of etopic laioz.. but den if its stil low.. den not to worry.. u mite have sa lar date of ovulation den bb stil jin small~ :D

Woofy,
I now so envy my husband who can zzz the entire night...
happy.gif
like macham luxury like that! hahaha
happy.gif

yah, my gynae also says if its not major fresh bleeding, everything is ok. She adopts the lesser intervention the better kind of medicine. Not my cup of tea...but not much choice either ...

Morraine, your gynae very good hor
happy.gif
help you answer other people's questions...

Worried mom, why don't pop by KKH for a blood test then? Ease your concerns.

i am in a dilemma. I am fearful to know the truth and stick grabbing onto some hopes for now. Like what all of you said, if I don't bleed, then I assume everything is still normal.

Now I am trying to adopt a better posture. I am skinny so tend to slough. Hope by standing straight can ease off some pain then I be able to know the roots of the problem.

Morraine, I also hope it's sa lar date cos I already knew I am pregnant before I miss my mense. maybe it is a late ovulation. I am very blur one. I dont know how long is my cycle.

I like talkative gynar leh. my gynae is very quiet and gentle. everything i ask him he always say ok, no problem.

I also think I will stop at one if this pregnancy is a smooth one. alamak, our busbands all don't know the pain we have to go through. They just happily plant their seeds in us. But yet again, I always hear people said stop at one but end up they have more than one. Haha!

morraine, lucky is opic phone hahaa...

worried mom, remember its something that's beyond our control. that's the beauty of life.
happy.gif

Ya la, maybe late ovulation. that's why like gynaes say...to early.

furry ~ ya lor.. hahaha..

worried mum ~ dun worry too much ok? enjoy ur pregnancy~ mine oso sa lar date mah.. me good example!

worried mom, that's why u need to change a gynae ... maybe get one who is verbal and can ease your concerns. Afterall, there are SO many affordable and GOOD gynaes in SG.

Actually I am looking forward to all the pains and aches and all that jazz la...its part and parcel of building character anyway ;) so don't think so much yah?

ya worried mum ~ like wat furry mentioned ~ better to change to one which u are comfy with coz he wil see u thruout this 9mths leh.. communication jin impt!

furry ~ when u wanna tell me the secret?? *wink*

Morraine & Furry,

Both of you very cute leh, really have a good laugh... i think Furry will just eat up the durain for you instead.. hahahaha...

woofy ~ wah liew.. eat my durian.. good for her bb leh.. hahaha..

furry ~ i wait jin long lor.. flowers already withering leh...
sad.gif

huh.. u dun like the smell arh?

i seldom eat anyway..

but i heard they say eat durian during preggie jin good for bb leh..

morraine, i normally love durian, but not now. Oh, yes, its good but can cause the baby to over grow...something I don't need
happy.gif
Me and my DH are on the BIG side of things

hi hi ladies

To brighten my day from now on is to read these correspondences.. u all are so funni....kan cheong mamas talks ....

i also dunno where to intercept liao...

Was drinking Low fat milk today and my colleague say dun drink that, should drink those powder type (in a tin)for mums-to-be ones..

But then hor.. my ex-colleague drank those and she put on a lot of weight leh (26 kg)even though good for bb lah..

so what milk u all drink har ?? Fresh milk, low fat milk? I drink until got a bit of probia liao....

My doc also say drink 2 glasses of milk and eat 2 eggs per day (without yolk also can)..

So to keep the ball rolling and keep this thread alive, we must update each other after each doc's visit ya...

Tidy Fairy - Are you there? Yours is this Sat right?

morning mums to be~

numee ~ ya lor.. i already mention above laioz.. drink those powder ones hor.. the weight wil like elevator shoot up like nobody business leh.. aiyo.. i cant afford leh.. later i become fat mama arh.. faint~

i jus drink normal HL milk lor.. den i change between choco n white lor ~

my next visit stil jin far.. April Fool's Day! hahaha...

Hi Numee,

My gyane never says anything, just told me to eat fresh and eat normal. So I only take calcium and folic pills (self-intro somemore). very afraid of putting on excessive weight as I'm fat to begin with. I've made an appointment to see someone else next Monday. Hopefully more comfortable with this one...its a male gynae...think my DH wun be comfy haha but I will be
happy.gif

Hi Morraine
happy.gif
Wah...easy to remember your next appointment date.

Hi everyone,

Good morning!

Oh toking about milk...I am actually drinking milk now too! I bought Anmum last weekend and been drinking 2 glasses a day. Though doesnt taste good but once I think of baby, it doesnt taste bad after all. So keep drinking!

Allo....

hmmm... one thing good abt drinking those powder milk is that it contains all those that we need (extra somemore)and maybe that is lacking in those low fat milk i guess.. aiya for bb's sake.. fat then fat lor..

Me taking the low fat cholocate flavour Enfamama... a bit blend liao but bo pian....

Dun wat at the end of the day regret when the bb's development is not so good because his mummy scared fat....heehee.. i alternate lor.. one day drink powder one, one day drink low fat one...

furry2.. ur doc never prescribed u folic acid ? very impt leh.. must eat hor ....

yep yep, today i am in a happier mood cos' i can feel my baby growing inside me!!! I am looking forward to see the baby's progress tomorrow. At the same time will check with doc why am i feeling aching. I believe it is some ligament pulling and not the negative aspect I am thinking about. I MUST BE POSITIVE!

worried mum ~ yes ! stay positive! tats great!

rem to update us after ur check up tmr hor~ waiting to hear gooda news~

Numee,
my healthcare provider here is super 'relax' kind..that's why want to change to another one. Hopefully this one is slightly more 'on'
happy.gif
I'm not too worried as these new fangled formula milks are relatively new in the market, and for so many generations, women didn't have to take such extra vitamins. And anyway, nutrition from food is better absorbed than nutrition from man-made things, IMO. Probably that's why the extra 'vitamins' goes to the mother and makes the mother fat, cos the foetus doesn't need that much 'extra'. That's my thinking la. I just concentrate on eating fresh and healthy ... I think that's more important.

Worried mom, good to hear you so much better today
happy.gif
Update us after your check up tomorrow!

hello hello,

today went to visit my gynae and saw the sac. now bb measuring 1.6 cm at 6 weeks. wow! i thought it is rather big. but today my gynae didnt let me hear the heartbeat leh so maybe next week then I ask. but now i feel so much happier to see my baby growing inside the womb!

welcome to the thread bblove.
which gynae are you with? do share how your first visits to the gynae were like - wat was measured/tested & what the doc said.

worried mum,
i'm sure you're thankful knowing it's not an ectopic preggie. did you get to take back a picture of your ultrasound scan? was yours a vaginal scan or normal scan?
which gynae did you go to?

I also came back from my first ultrasound scan yesterday. (non vaginal, just normal scan but boy, my full bladder was such a torture!!).

Well, thank God the sac not ectopic too. the sac measured 2.8 cm at 7wks 1day. The doctor said that's the size of the sac, not the size of the foetus itself.

Doc also said too early to hear heartbeat. I guess to do that, a vaginal scan would be needed. Also, my uterus is retroverted so I suppose with my intestines in the way, the foetus is harder to pick up.

I was disappointed that we didn't get a heartrate measurement but I guess this is another opportunity to trust God. Another 5 week wait til the next doctor's visit.

I was pleasantly suprised that my doctor pasted the ultrasound picture into a classy greeting card for me to take home. It was such a nice touch!

Hi Tidy Fairy,

Thanks.

I've not seen a Gynae yet... it is too early? As i'm only 4 weeks preggie. Any gd Gynae to recommend?

Hi everyone!

I've just tested positive on the HPT. Think I'm in my 5th week and I haven't seen the gynae yet.

Tidy Fairy, which gynae are you with?

Hi,

Congrats to all the new found mother to be!

Tidy Fairy,
Yap, I got bk a picture of the ultrascan. As it is the duplicate copy so it is not very clear. Th original one that is clipped to my medical card is clearer. I be seeing my gynae again this Sat. So prior to seeing him, this week must continue to feed my bb with all the nutritious food. I want my bb to grow bigger. Heehee!

I intend to see A/Prof Tay SK from SGH. All the comments I got about him are good. My 1st appt is next tuesday, can't wait!

Hi Dili Mummy,
I'm with Paul Tseng TLC Gynaecological at Thomson Medical. Was recommended by my aunt who used to work in the IVF lab.

Hi Worried_mum,
was yours an external or vaginal scan?

Hi bblove,
The TLC clinic doctors on the 3rd flr of TMC are Paul Tseng, Eunice Chua & Phillis Liauw. All are very experienced and you can read comments of them in SingaporeBrides threads.

I find Dr Tseng is someone I respect & trust. Quite comfortable with him even tho my first choice was Eunice Chua. My first appt date, she was on leave, so I had to go with Dr Tseng, but I just stuck with him thereafter.

Just next door to TLC is the newly opened ACJ clinic headed by Dr Adrian Tan who is a friend of mine. He & his partners just came out of KKH to turn private. His partners are ladies, so you may also consider this clinic.

My first consult with Dr Tseng was $80 and thereafter it was $40 to $45.

Hi ladies,

Anyone of you feel that your jeans and pants are getting tighter? I feel terrible especially after meals cos my pants will feel so tight!!!! But I have yet to put on any weight though......

Having hunger pangs like every 3-4 hours but cannot eat much. Got to eat frequently but in smaller quantities. Very bad, everyone in office keeps seeing me eating!! Hahaha....

First visit to the doc this Saturday and will bring my little girl along. Am trying to make her feel part of the whole journey so that she won't feel so left out. Guess it's going to be quite exciting for her though.

Back