(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

Hi to all mommies, I am a new here...

Got two kids,coming 4 years boy and 14 months old little girl....

strikes me that i see so many matters here so close to heart.... looking forward to knowing you gals better...
happy.gif

Hi Charlynn

Nice to see your post. THis thread is a little quiet nowadays.

My boy Kaiser is also coming to 4yo soon, in fact most of them on this thread are.

Hope to share more with you on the preschoolers' learning progress and all.

HI

My eldest boy is born on Oct 2005 and have been reading this thread.But only commented very few times lah, cuz you gals go soooo fast!!
happy.gif

Fun, on the shortlist, I started looking at it recently, and I must say, it is a lot of work apparently, one good resource will be www.kiasuparents.com - it has almost all the info related to shortlisting, prepping for registration etc.

For info, if anyone of you planning to do parent volunteer(PV) for the popular schools, may have to action already.. I called Nanyang (cuz I am not in SG now), they say that for our year of admissison 2012, the PV registration is closed already..

happy.gif
BTW, all your kids seem so "grown up", mine seem very "small".. heehee..

veil,

I had submitted the PV form to Chong Fu last wk and they need parents to take part in PV for at least 2 yrs.. and might have to go for interviews too.

Fun
yeah, what cartoon does Alden likes now? Kaiser is crazy over Ben 10 since last Nov, until now. So his cake is definitely Ben 10!

veil & Fun
You are lucky if the schools accept PV. Some dont, hence so gotta go according to what they accept. I heard that Nanyang conducts interview for PV too but they are very selective. On the other hand they can also select the parent and assign them to be traffic warden. Whatever it is, proximity to school (0-1km) is very important.

Charlynn
Welcome to our thread!

Yippee

Alden still Crazy on Donald Duck LOL.. we seldom show him Ben 10 cartoons leh.. always on SCV programs..

If cant get into PV at Chong FU, might just have to try the Within 1km balloting liao.

Hi Yippee,

Thanks for your warm welcome....
happy.gif

Fun
actually started looking and was thinking of Tao Nan or Ngee Ann.... Must register for PV already? OMG! I was still thinking of calling to find out only early next year!

Any idea where to have cakes with Animal Mechanical characters?

Charlene
You gotta call up the school to ask if they accept PV or not. If I remember correctly, my friend says Ngee Ann is not very difficult to get in, compared to Temasek and Tao Nan (east). Then again, I could be wrong as east is not my area so I do not really follow.

Animal Mechanicals, not too sure where can get. Maybe gotta print some pics off the disney channel website and ask them to do it.

Fun
Good luck on your PV application. I have a friend who is a teacher in Chong Fu, the most popular pri sch in Yishun.

Hi Fun and Yipee

Ya, PV is not easy indeed.. 1km is really the best bet..

Charlynn, I think McD parties are ok still.. my boys love them and the toys! Haks.

oh, one qn I have is, do your kids still drink milk morn, afternoon and night now that they are coming to 4 years old? And how much do they drink? I wonder if it is ok for mine to skip the afternoon one?

My boy want a beach birthday party to play sand.. I am still thinking, does it have to be sentosa then...? Hmm..

fun: do you stay within 1 km of chongfu?

yippee: your teacher fren who teaches at chong fu, did she say anyting positive and negative about the school?

chongfu is hard to get in coz there's balloting even for those witiin 1 km

charlene
my son wants to celebrate in his school, so initially want to bring McD to school. But now school said in view of H1N1, no outside vendor so just normal thing like cake and party packs lor.

veil
yeah, mine still drink AM (330ml), PM (240ml) and night (30-60ml). But he prefers milo anytime.

jkids
my fren nv say & I also nv ask. But my another fren who has a nephew in chongfu said that although chongfu is v popular aka good in results (maybe), her nephew's results also so so. Hence she has since concluded that it very much depends on the child itself although environment does play a part.

jkids

Yeah within 1km.

charrlyn

So far nv come across Animal mechanicals cakes leh..

I think class room party is good enough leh.. all friends are there liao.. LOL

Good School

My friend who is also a primary school teacher says the good point abt good school is that conduct of kids is still better than normal schools..KIDs wont 'go bad' tat easily.
If conduct is better, teachers can spend more time on kids school works lor.

HI Veil,

My boy used to drink three times of 240ml each... but lately, I transferred him to an afternoon session nursery, so he has been skipping his mid afternoon milk.... Eh, wondering now whether that is the reason why he not putting on weight???!

Anyone knows how to stop a perpetual cough? My little boy has been cough on and off for the longest time (actually since May 2008)...

Is it true that itz no cold drinks? No sweets or sweet drinks? Poor Boy!!! ;(

Hi Charlynn

Alden has weak lungs and now on singulair every night, previously was on Zaditen AND singulair everyday. I started him with Animal Parade Liquid Muiltvits not long ago and i find tat his frequency of getting flu and cough is lesser!

U can get Animal Parade Muiltvits at United Sq's Vitamin Store.. its a the basement in front of the lifts. I cant remember the name...

hi charlynn,
my son also on singular and fish oil from my pd daily,no sweet/ice cream/chocolates,i even put him on the chinese herbs "tong chong chao"and cost me $600+ for a bottle but only very slight improvement,till i put him on the multi vit and fish oil recommended by my lawyer recently and he has never cough since then ( its almost 2 months),i even let him on ice cream as well.

we normally will be visiting our pd twice a month for his cough..thanks god he's perfectly well now.

trust me it really works and its unbelieveable

I also started giving my son Animal Parade Muiltvits recently, and i noticed he hardly gets flu and serious cough leh... realli got difference.. as first i tt muiltvit is 'heaty' and i NV thought of giving it to Alden.

But now its already the 3rd bottle i'm using! lol

hi,fun and charlynn,
that's dis book name "COMPARATIVE GUIDE TO CHILDREN'S NUTRITIONAL" comparing all the multi vits for children,they even got the adult one,
its actually published by the req by us/canada goverment to compare all the multi vits for adult and children ( the book its available in kinokuniya ) shown that natural plus animal parade multi vits being rated only 24/100 for their multi vits.

can consider buying that book and compare all the multi vits for children and adult,its a good guide,the multi vits my family taking its one of the highest rating multi vits,the children rated 77/100 ,adult one its 96.40/100 compare to all 1500 multi vits in the market.

furthermore its not expensive.

cristy

Son taking liquid based de.. got diff? The book onli said ranking out of 100 selected vits isit?

I think its more on how each child can adapt the vits instead of minding the ranking.

hi dear
liquid or not. really doesnt make much diff,most importantly its the quality,the potency and how well the thing absorp into our body,

its not,infact its based on 160 types of multi vits for children,adult its 1500 multi vits for in the market on the latest version.
i tink they rank base on the potency,absorption
the details are here,u can take a look here:

http://www.amazon.com/Comparative-Guide-Childrens-Nutritionals-MacWilliam/dp/0973253819

http://www.amazon.com/NutriSearch-Comparative-Nutritional-Supplements-Professional/dp/097325386X

can read the review on the books on the like above,they will explain how the rate the multi vits...

anyway dis thing can only be explain clearly by nutritionist scientist..haha...even doctor cant explain much cos doctors are more on treatment using drugs,not depth into supplement,

can consider gettin some supplelemts book to read to find out more,its important to knw all dis,cos in long run it benefits our whole family and frends around us.

by knowing dis u can also help people to stay healthy which i personally think its also a good karma...

congratulations Yipee!

wow, our children have all grown quite a bit. Wishing all good health this holiday season.

Mummies,
wana get your recommendation on good kindergartens in Sengkang and Bugis/ Lavendar area. Looking around for Charlize, kinda late but looking around. Also, why do you think they are good?

Merry christmas, all Oct 2005 mummies and babies (they will always be our babies)

<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">HELLLOOOOO

How's everyone??? This thread really super quiet...gone were those days when I had problem catching up on posting
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Yippee</font>

Abit late but congratulation!!!!</font>

Morning!

I wasnt informed abt this Wednesday leh
happy.gif
maybe enough ppl going le.. anyway Wed Friend's wedding high tea.. cant go anywhere
happy.gif

Back