(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

hi all, never log in for a long time. How are all mummies doing with your bbies?

FYI,I am preggie liao. Think EDD should be around Aug 07.
By the way, anyone has recommendation for gynae who is pro-natural delivery, vast experience in VBAC, has 3D scans and deliver at TMC?
Am interested in delivering naturally for my 2nd bb.
Thanks in advance.

sneaky: Congrats!!!!!!!!! So coincidental!! Our 1st bb wasOct 05 and 2nd one also same in Aug 07. haha...I had C-section for my 1st bb cos my bb was in the breech position. This time round, hope it is a textbook pregnancy, then can go for natural delivery.

Who is your gynae? How much is the package? Yours got 3D, pro-natural, pro-vbac?

Sharon.. thnks for sharing potty training tips.. i must say it takes alot of discipline on yr part n caregiver's part. Tammi was potty trained on poo poo only but then after her spell of flu she revert back to square 1.. now occasionally she'll tell us most of the time she poo on diapers. sigh..

fun - re fresh milk yes my MIL also ask me to give Tammi fresh milk but i hesitate because she's lactose intolerance..

Fushiarstar - apart from drinking milk from bottle/teat, tammi drinks all other beverages from straw bottle.

Sneaky and Garfield - congrats!

Hi Sneaky and Garfield,
Congrats!

For me, I will stop at one..Won't want No. 2, at least for the nx few yrs. Though my Gen is not the 'hard to handle' kind, I find it very difficult to juggle time between work and family. It's not easy to focus at work lor. ...it's like u cannot have the best of both worlds..must sacrifice one for another...

garfield, that's what i thought too; coincidence! i do remember those days at antenatal classes. haha...times flies...my gynae is Dr Kowa of Mt E. his package is S$1,500 from 5th month onwards. he doesn't have 3D scan but is pro-natural. what is vbac?

pammie, fiona & adel, thank you!

fiona, indeed it is very difficult to juggle time between work and family. especially when the kids are young. my best friend and sil are my role models. i'm sure i can do it since they can!

Sneaky - VBAC is vaginal birth after Caesarean.
happy.gif

I do agree with the difficulty Fiona mentioned. In fact, 1 kid and 2 kids - both are distraction from work.. sigh. I struggle most with the fact that if a no. 2 comes along then my time is divided between no1 and no. 2 and right now i just want to spend all my waking hours with no. 1 then iz it fair to no. 2?! The decisions a mom has to go thro..

pammie, thanks for the clarification. it's very difficult to be fair. what we can do is get all the children together and spend time with them altogether and at times and spend some one-to-one sessions with the child who needs it most (e.g. studies or counselling)...well, it's easier said than done. i'll try my best though.

fiona, sneaky,

i called JG and they say grace has no place for april class, the new term is aug. no class for jul in JG. i need to call them at end may to check whether got vacancy or not. after discussing with my hubby, we have decided not to go JG liao.

Last sat, i registered grace at a childcare opp my house for jan'08. there is also no more vacancy for 2005 children this year. now, we are less worried that grace can study next year and not waiting for a vacancy. grace can be there till k2.

all mums,
pls plan early if you wish to send your baby to school that is reputable / good/ near your house.

sweetie & fiona, my hubby wants me to enrol samuel at JG asap. i've just enquired with them a while ago and was told that i must register to be on the waitlist for the 9 - 11am English class (twice a week). when i asked about the price, i almost fainted! it's $882.00 + $9.98 material fee for a term of 10 weeks...so ex!!! if i wanna sign him up for another day of Mandarin class, it will be additional $837.90 for a term (just for once a week lesson). so damned ex!!!!!!!

apparently, the 9 - 11am class is the most popular one and i might not get it. the lady also asked me to consider other timings, which i find quite inconvenient for me & my MIL.

yippee,
according to JG, the school term ends in June and start again in Aug. I paid the deposit for the weekend billingual class but it seems I have to wait long. Starting in Aug for grace is still a question unless some children upgrade or drop out.

sweetie: what's a good Christian school for girls? MGS? is it difficult to get in?

i think by the time Xaby is healthy enough to go for enrichment classes all her kaki's here will be way ahead of her iin terms of development... but i can't really think of that now
sad.gif
gotta get her heart sorted first.

sweetie

I dont know why the info I got from JG is diff from yours. They told me the next clsss begins in mid Mar ends May. In order not to join mid way, Kaiser will most likely be in the new Jun class. Maybe I'll call them again tom.

Patsy.... you better start your volunteer work in MGS now... hehe...

Yippee, yah, someone told me to book a house 1 km away! where is MGS anyway? headache man, maybe i should just send Xaby back home to Manila to study! hehe

haha.. Patsy can't imagine we are thinking of decisions 6 years ahead but such is reality. A friend of mine with 3 kids just sent his first daughter to school last week. He was telling me that if the sch is popular then priority w b given to those who live within 2km ie. those who live beyond 2km don't even dream. MGS is in bt timah and another one in lor ah soo (hougang). Dont tell me to move to hougang ok?? if u are fortunate that the sch is not completely full then there is still a choice under phase 2B or 2C where depends on whether u are methodist or not.. i have the same headache too because I happen to be moving house now and everyone's asking me to consider carefully where i want to live. ie I should decide on the school then find a place around it!

hello everyone..
happy.gif
wah.. now the topic is pri sch ah.. i actually think nanyang pri is v ideal but no connections and heard it is v v diff to get in even if you stay within 1km.. but more or less decided to try to put zoe into rgps..

Re: JG.. hmmm.. i also heard that the next suitable term for our babies is the Apr one leh.. if cannot get into that one, then it's the Jul one.. June is holiday class.. I'm not in that much of a rush to put zoe in JG cos she is enjoying kindermusik now and there's more stuff i can do with her at home..

Sneaky: yah JG is ex.. i remember it worked out to abt $40+ per lesson..

** By the way, anyone sending their babies to lorna whiston preschool or eton house??

hello...haha...talking abt pri sch...i thought my family has over-exaggerated but i guess everyone is just as eager. hubby and i had discussed with his parents abt sending Samuel to which primary sch quite sometime ago. all have decided to choose Nanyang Pr (hubby's sch) instead of Henry Park (my sch). since hubby was formerly from Nanyang, what is Samuel's priority har? must i still go and do volunteer work? Samuel has priority over his cousins because their parents were not from Nanyang. that was how the discussion came about...

fushiastar, i'm in a dilemma leh...don't know if i should enrol him or not. time is running out as the waiting list is getting long..chances of Samuel getting into the 9-11am class is slim leh...haiz...also, signing him up will mean burning a big hole in my pocket!!!

sneaky: whahaha.. yk talked abt it too.. i was like. kaoz..

I was keen to put clar into Girl's school since clar's BC add still at my in law's plc, i guess i will let her enter the phrase which is within 1km to St Nicholas. But the dist. from jurong to St Nic is like 20mins drive daily. If she can get in, well, i dun mind the trouble in long run.
happy.gif
I too game for any neighbourhood school as long as my girl and daddy feel that its ok.
happy.gif

RE JG: i just called up.. new info is that term 3 begins in mid march til mid may.. so our babies can go in in april if there is a place and we will be notified 1 week before hand.. if not, will be notified in june for the july term..

sneaky: that's great! samuel will be in phase 2A (2).. v v good! you don't need to volunteer..
happy.gif
i'm fr rgps that's why thinking of sending zoe there.. easier cos she will be in phase 2A (2) also..
happy.gif

hmmm.. are there any other classes that you are considering sending samuel to? why not try the once weekly bilingual playclub that most of us are going for? can just put him on the wait list first? if you put him on the wait list now.. he may be able to go for the july term.. so only missing half a term in april which isn't alot..

oh yah.. one more thing.. even if we don't get a place in april which is in the middle of the term.. we can still send out babies for the JG holiday classes in june.. might be better this way.. can see if babies enjoy the class rather then committing to a full term..

<font face="calisto mt">Sneaky,

642910.gif

<u>Primary School</u>
Seem lyk I'm not the only Kiasu one. I've also tot bout Pr Sch. I want Janelle to go to a gd sch as I believe foundation is very impt but daddy has other ideas. Esp after he read a report on Straits Times bout those "yaya" students of RJC. </font>

RE: having more babies and working..

guess this is a struggle everyone faces.. after much thought.. i've finally decided that i''m gonna stop at 2 and work part time.. hubby says that zoe has stolen my heart and i can't bear to go back to work full time anymore.. hahaha...
the funny thing is that all 3 of my close friends also decided on the same thing.. and i'm the only one who has a child.. the rest of them dont and only 1 is married.. but they are all switching jobs now to go to the more pro-family firms that allow the part time option for when they do decide to have babies..

I thought I read the papers last year that the parents complained that 40hr of volunteer service does not guarantee a placement.

Jenifur, I happen to come from one of the more well known ya ya sch but it all depends la. However, we must consider the level of stress we are putting a kid thro' if we select top sch because they also want to maintain their reputation n standing. One sch mentioned above actually ask the parents to send the kid out if they dont do well.. (hear say only) I dont want to put my girl thro' all that stress.

Fushia, I wish to do the same too but at the moment, I have to concentrate on making no. 2 a reality first!

I have a teacher frd from a yaya primary school, he say last yr's PSLE result, he got a student who got 250 plus.. nite time her mum called and say student wana commit sucide, cos the marks cannot go to the Sec school she aimed. For goodness seek! 250 plus marks can go to many better schools liao! U see la.. its nv enough lor.. BTH. Den got one student 220 plus marks, dun dare to go back home, cos mother is a teacher herself.. so expectation is very high! Pengz...

fushiastar, really ah? no need to do volunteer work ah?? that's very nice!

JG: which location did you opt for har? what timing? i'm thinking of sat 9-11am or 11.30am-1.30pm class. what's the school fee like har?

anyone knows where can we get to eat this HK dim sum Chee Cheong Fun with You Tiao filling?

by the way, is any one of your toddlers waking up in the middle of the night to get your attention? Samuel has been waking up during wee hours to sleep with me on my bed. last night, he woke up to create havoc; wanted me to play with him and walk ard the house...faint!!!

fushiastar,

i am also from rgps. what batch are you? 1988 graduate? my first choice is also to send grace to rgps. do you know if we need to do anything extra?

HI Sneaky,

aiya if u enrolled samuel to either of your schools, 100% can get in one lor. Priority will be given to those with siblings, followed by parents who is ex-pupils of that school, then staff. Usually balloting are for those staying within 1m..even if you stay like within 2km fr popular school..u stand no chance lor...

Getting into a good primary sch is impt. It will lay a strong foundation for ur child. There're alot of enrichment programmes, and 'out of the box' kinda programmes to stimulate the thinking, etc...but sad to say, it can be quite stressful studying in a good sch esp when the child cannot cope...

I am teaching in a good pri sch..so i noe how a child feels lor. having said all these, I would want my child to be in good pri sch too. hmm i have taught in neighbourhood school..it's really not conducive for studying..imagine u r in a class of 'not so interested' and rowdy bunch of kids...even if u r the only one interested to learn, do u think it's a good learning environment? can the teacher deliver the lessons properly?

aiyo sweetie, you graduated from primary school in 1988?? scary thought coz i was already in Uni then!

can someone explain to me the balloting system? am very confused bout it leh...

sneaky - yes Tammi has been waking up in the middle of the night too, sometimes a few times! and very clingy, crying, never used to be like that. she used to sleep right thro' from 7 to 7 but now, refuse to sleep and the worse night for me was when i had marathon lullaby singing for 2 hrs! my hubb told me not to tend to her when she cries so i have to ignore her.. sometimes i'm just so tired that i dont hear her cries at night. last night, she woke up twice n i only went to her once..

aiyo...why are we so "kor mia" (in hokkein)? when will this ever end har? i'm forever tired since i found out i'm preggy...this is torturous!! down with mild cold somemore!!!

Sneaky,

So far, my Gen has been sleeping thru the nites since she's 3 mths old (touch wood), except for a couple of occassion when her molar teeth are coming out.

Hmm i heard fr my SIL that all toddlers wil at one pt or another wake up in the middle of the nite, in weeeee hrs, a few times and make ridiculous requests like go out shopping, play, watch TV. n they want you to do all these with them lor. This will go on for a couple of weeks...hmm dunno how true leh...I am oso very worried. I am someone who cannot survive without 'good nite sleep' one...if i lack of sleep, nx day in class, i cannot concentrate and will teach all the nonsense.

pammie: my no. 2 not a reality yet too
happy.gif

sneaky: yah.. no need
happy.gif
do volunteer work still the same phase.. i'm on the wait list for sat 9 class at evans road.. fees wise.. can't remember offhand.. but i remember working it out to abt $43 per lesson..

sweetie: i'm born in '77.. so should be 1989 grad? no need to do anything more extra i feel
happy.gif

fiona: you are teaching in a pri sch?? can comment on differences between a single gender and the mixed pri sch?
happy.gif
TIA

***Shoes!!
happy.gif

I got zoe's 1st pair of walking shoes.. these white coleete mary jane type ones
happy.gif

sneaky, well we've devised a plan where we let her go into deep sleep on our bed, then transfer her to her cot, so far it's worked!

fushiastar: aaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhh when you were born i was in primary 2! oh no!

fushiastar,
I am teaching in a Mixed Pri sch leh, so not really sure abt single gender sch.

But i remeber last time in JC, those boys and girls who came from the single gender sch, like very 'desperate' to date one another. it's like they are coope in a single gender sec sch for 4 yrs, and they have not met another of the opp sex, then finally they go JC they saw so many opp sex one, like drooling like dat..haha..dunno leh.

Sneaky, last time I had chee cheong fun with you tiao filling was at Superbowl (porridge) at Boat Quay. Dunno if the restaurant is still there, but it's avail on the menu.

fushiastar, i'm actually looking at the same class - sat 9am. okay, i shall register for that...hopefully zoe and sam end up in the same class.

syl, thank you. i'll inform my friend about this. ask her to try it out...

hey patsy! i was also in pri 2 in 1977!!

sneaky, last nite, tammi slept without waking up.. i hope the waking up phse is over. I know how it is in the beginnning of preggy, always want to sleep at 8pm.

Back