(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

Hi all,
Seems like a number of babies are sick.. Sherisse also sick.. running nose and coughing and lots of phelgm.. cough and block nose started last nite.. the whole of last night keep fussing and waking up coughing.. this morning brought her to see a GP to get some medicines... Her PD is closed on sundays and public holidays so bo bian have to bring her see GP..

Hi sneaky,
Actually I am not too sure if it's consider late signing Samuel nearer to his 18mth birthday leh. According to the sales exectutive who attended to me, bb on the waitlist gotta wait on average of 3 to 6 mths lor..dat's y I put Gen on waiting list now...

Mayb u wanna give JG a call at 67334322 (Forum) or 67375348 (Evan Rd).

sneaky

seems like quite a number of you uses the water mattress. maybe i should buy it for brennan too. i got those pillow type but when brennan fuss he refuses to sleep on anything.

His temp is up and down but not as high liao. But he still fuss and cries alot before he sleeps and half way through his sleep.

Yippee

My hubby is like a big bb to me. heehee.

Btw, dont stress yourself too much over your new maid. wa u so good to wake up with her at 6am. i didnt really do that when she first came. told her what she need to do the next day morning (simple tasks) so didnt wake up till about 7+ when brennan wakes up

SSL
hey dont laugh when u read the following. After training my new maid for 1/2 day today, I gave up! I rang my dad to ask him to drive my exiting maid back to my home (I put her up at my parent's home so that I can train the new one myself) & get her to do the training on behalf. I think it's better this way la... otherwise I very stress. I really hope the new one will pick up fast & remember what she's being instructed to do.

Happy new year 2007!

happy new year!
happy.gif

hello everyone.. so many ill babies huh.. my zoe is also sick.. since sat afternoon.. also fever , flu, cough.. on panadol suppository, sponge baths and cooling mattress..

just wanna let out some steam.. so unhappy with my in laws.. my MIL stated before we were even married that she doesn't wanna look after grandchildren..so now when i work, zoe goes to ifc for just 5hrs..when zoe was born and we were in the hospital for a week she didn't even come visit and didn't even visit us for almost 2 months cos of some superstition.. but my FIL did visit us.. now my inlaws see zoe maybe once a fortnight.. zoe has stranger anxiety with then which is no surprise anyway.. she also has stranger anxiety with my BIL sand SIL but less so although she sees them less oftem than she sees my inlaws..

Guess what my in laws are complaining now? That it's my fault that zoe is behaving this way cos i don't wanna leave her in IFC for the whole day!! they think if she is in IFC longer, she won't have stranger anxiety this bad and won't treat them as strangers. So angry! which mother will want to be seperated from her child if she can look sfter herself? On top of that, my MIl is the one who doesn't want to help with looking after zoe in the first place and with less contact of course the child is less familiar and you are a stranger.

zoe is sick today, still having high fever.. my inlaws arranged lunch today last week.. and although zoe is so sick my MIL insists that we go.. just so fed up with her. it's just so selfish.having everyone do her bidding and attend her lunch is so much more important than how sick zoe is and how much more comfortable she will be at home..she had the cheek to say her home is the same as my home.. can go there to rest.. what nonsense.. go there, it's a new and strange place.. zoe won't be comfortable.. and once we are there, everyone will want to play with her.. what rest?!

i know there's little i can do.. have to go go lor, but i'm gonna hide with zoe in hubby's old room and leave early.. just let zoe say hello to everyone and that's it. she is just lying on my lap the whole day, not moving.. so poor thing.. and this MIL of mine so heartless and selfish.. just wants everything her way. i'm so glad i'm not living with her.

sorry everyone, just need to let off some steam.. me and hubby both sick and i haven't slept in 2 nights looking after zoe and have to go for that nonsense later.. just v v v frus..

Yippee

happy.gif
just be careful of what your old maid tells the new one. actually try to teach her yourself is better. otherwise the wrong things that the old maid do will be taught to the new maid.

As a start, give the new maid a list of things to do by what time on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This is what i did and she really follows the things. As days goes by, she wont require that list anymore and i let her plan her duties at her own time as long as she doesnt do them too late.

She is getting slower in doing things so sometimes i have to push her to do faster if it needs to be done asap. She dont like it and show me face when i give her instructions many times a day but I dont care. Even if i tell her the right things, she can do the wrong things again a day later. Either she did it purposely or what, I just do my job to repeat and repeat.

Dear fushiastar

Tell your hubby (so that he can convey the messsage to MIL) that Brennan (and also other babies at IFC) also has stranger anxiety although he is at IFC whole day. Those who has been there much much longer than him (probably since when they are 2months old) also has this problem when they see a new face.

I guess the only person that can shut your MIL's mouth his your hubby. Just make sure that you have his support in this. Zoe is yours, not theirs to let them decide where she's suppose to go or how long she's suppose to stay at IFC. My hubby also very pissed when his dad comes over around 8+pm wanting to bring brennan for a walk when we are already preparing him to sleep. He said he will latch the door and not answer his calls when he does that again. (at least i have him at my side). I wont confront my inlaws directly, will get hubby's support and let him deal with them.

You take care of yourself and Zoe and dont let them irritate you ok. Not worth it to spend the New Year like this.

Dear fushiastar
my MIL same as your one, she only came to my house one during cofinement, one time at full month , in no choice situation she helping me take care sabrina about one month while i waiting for my maid, then she never even want to step in my house to visit sabrina, some time only met during relative gathering.but i don care... if my baby don close to them. not my problem.

SSl, i bought the one that has a baby boy photo with the thing on his head, kuai re taei... PD advise me to put at grace neck. grace temp still high on fri till we use anal medicine. then her temp really drop and rise again at 8 hrs later...she recover after two more doses of medicine. my PD says the first three days the spike of temp will be high and then gradually lower spikes... very normal. I bathe grace during these three days to bring her temp down but remember to keep her warm after bath to avoid catching a cold.

Grace finally recover on sat afternoon. But dunno why she cant sleep all the way in her baby cot for almost a month. she will wake up in the middle of the night and wants to sleep between my hubby and me. so tired...

fushiastar, i can understand your frustration...but i think your hubby should handle his mum. i think zoe needs a lesser people environment to recover faster.

Sneaky, you might want to just deposit $25 at JG and decide later. Better secure a place, if really dun want... its only $25. but if want, got to wait for 3-6mths... quite sad...

sharon, thanks for your compliments.
happy.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Hi Fushiastar,

I can fully understand how you feel..especially the 'must abide to all the MIL's nonsensical rules" part. I stayed with my parents in laws for 2 yrs, but finally moved out cos cannot stand the ways they analyse and handle things...think it's the so call generation gap ba. It's dificult to close one eye and ignore cos the MIl will still take u for granted and go overboard.

SSL is rite, let your hb do the 'persuasion'. Things will turn out to be better.

My Gen was sick too. She had her chicken pox jab on boxing day..and yesterday, she actually got diarrhoea while sleeping in the pram while we were doing our shopping in Suntec. Worse!It smeared her dress, and her pram. We had a hard time cleaning her up..end up with no choice, we use wet wipe to clean her buttock..then wash her in basin...Gotta remove her clothes and wrap her with blanket..and walked from suntec to Raffles city to collect our car to go home..wow..then she developed fever too...38 deg. The whole evening n nite, she was kicking a fuss...and so cranky...she is still running slight fever this morning..and as expected, she got diarrhoea again.

Let's hope all the bb get well soon.

Fushia: dun be upset. If baby is unwell, daddy should be the person to tell ur inlaws abt nt able to attend that gathering. Getting a ill baby out to be in contact with more ppl wont heal the child and which in turn making their sickness worse. Simple logic like this, hubby should know and he should be educated.

When i brought clarisse to my inlaws, and realise hb's nephews are sick, i was already fuming mad.. how come they sick again. I was very tempted to bring clarisse home that very afternoon, but i am to do tt, my inlaws will know. But i told my hb while we went for lunch.

This coming friday, hb intends to leave clarisse and maid with my inlaws while we go for dinner. But i told him, as long as the 2 kids over at inlaws plc are still down with flu or running nose or any sickness, i wont bring clarisse over. I rather i go somewhere near for dinner then to sacrifice her getting sick.

More impt, is my hb very understanding, as he knows looking after a sick child is the harder than looking after a playful child. HB must always be the pillar to support and back us up.

Fushia, practice an open discussion with ur hb. tell him how u feel.

Talking abt letting FUMES... i also got some to let go!

Stupid SIL, damn idiotic! knowing her elder son is having running nose, she early morning let him drink YOghurt and fed him with sweets! Her maid told me... she actually fed him in the early morning with yoghurt when they were in Genting, when that plc is damn cold for the child!

now the kids are sick, she dun refrain them from all these sweets and cold drinks.. and even give them more! wat kind of mother is this!

Clarisse never spits out her food, dunno what happen when i left her and maid at my inlaws, she picked up this habit. My maid told me clarisse saw the 2 kids spitting out their food! kaoz.. now clarisse spits food out! waliew...

Fiona

U didnt bring extra clothings?? Poor Gen. Seemed like quite a no. of our babies are sick.. Brennan was sick on christmas day too. And sick again since sat

SSL,
I don't have the habit of bringing extra clothing for my Gen one. But now, I've learnt my lesson lor..and will rem to bring always.

Happy New Year too all the mums and babes.. sorry to hear so many babies are unwell.. I wish them speedy recovery! Must be the bad weather..

Fushiastar - i hope the saga at home blows over soon and Zoe recovers soon. Can understand how u feel in such a situation.. agree that getting yr hubby to convey msg for you is better.

SSL - i also used Kodomo patch on Tammi when she had fever.

Tammi is having her MMR tmrow.. i hope all will be fine.. it's hard to fine a perfect timing but i wanted to do it after the festivities..

ops... i usually bring extra clothings, hanky :D thats why i always go out with a big bag, containing the clothings and hot water flask.

I'm postponing Brennan's MMR jab this sat to next week. He still has cough so prefer it to be fully recovered before he takes the jab

aiyoyo...so many babies suffering! lucky my samuel didn't develope any fever or whatsoever...phew!

sharon, thanks for the congrats! i admit samuel is good at picking up things. just hope he doesn't pick up bad things!

sweetie, i might consider doing what you've suggested. i'll think about the location first. most likely forum one...

ssl, the water/cooling mattress is indeed useful. please get one as standby...

carole, don't get angry with ignorant SIL lah...just like mine...sianz! very eyesore! take it easy lah. by the way, samuel had been spitting out food a couple of months back. he will just do that when he doesn't like the texture in his mouth esp threadfin *faint*! i think this is just one phase they have to go through. samuel didn't learn from anyone wor!

fiona, what an eventful day you had! i will be so loss if it happens to me!

Hi SSL,
I am a lazy mum..i usually 'travel light' while out with bb. I will ask for hot water from fast food restuarant, cos dat will mean i can not bring the heavy thermo flask out! and definitely no extra clothings lor.

Hi sneaky,
I was at a loss too, but hb was calm and salvage the situation.

If Samuel is smart, the more you shd sign him up for enrichment classes to stretch his potential to the max rite? hehe I am a kiasu mum..

Sianz..tomorrow sch reopen..gotta go berserk again...dun think i will come in here often. Look 4wd to CNY long holiday then June holiday...

Have a great year ahead, all mummies.

fiona, lucky your hubby is calm har...i wonder what my hubby will do..haha..as for samuel, i don't wanna stress him too much also leh...if i do this now, my next kid will have peer pressure...very cham one leh...everyone's expection of the children get higher and higher...the kid will suffer loh...

sneaky: mine no lehz. she never spit food.. not eveny once.. tt day at in laws polc, both idiots there just spitted out... then clarisse knows.. see monkey do! kaoz

fiona/SSL: i am also the pack everything including the kitchen sink kind of mum. Sneaky commented Xaby's bag was so big the last time we saw each other but inside i got milk, blanket, diapers, changing mat, desitin etc etc etc! always think better safe than sorry lor...

sneaky/carole: xaby has also been spitting food out recently, specially if her rice is too soft, she will try to keep the beef/chicken/fish in her mouth and only spit out the rice! our babies are getting very intelligent!

Happy new year to everyone here from Xaby!

634755.jpg

carole, maybe this is the start? i remember my niece and nephew also went through this. it will soon pass...cool it!

patsy, yah...your bag is damn big leh...maybe because Xaby is a girl and wears short skirts, that's why you need a blanket. as for Samuel, i'll just let him wear something long if i know it's gonna be cold.

Patsy:
Sherisse is the other way round.. she will swollow the porridge and keep the fish meat in her mouth.. duno how she do that.. she will keep until whole mouth is full of fish meat.. she will suck all the juice out of the fish meat.. very clever..

sneaky: yah, plus the malls here are so cold if she sleeps i cover her up with a blanket. aiya now worse, when we go out to eat i bring an extra bag full of toys to occupy her while we eat! at least she can play with herself and not ask to be carried around or make noise.

san: xaby won't even keep it in her mouth! she'll spit out the rice. but xaby hates the taste of fish leh.. dunno what to do to make her like it

Patsy:
Sherisse just swallow those she likes.. for fish if its in her first serving normally she swallow if in 2nd serving she will not swallow the fish cos cook longer then the meat tougher she dun like.. she always keep in her mouth till very big lump then when we try to remove it from her mouth she dun let us.. sigh..

san: wonder how they learn these things hor? am cracking my head now to find new things for her to try... these days she prefers to eat the food we eat but am reluctant to give her coz we add salt in our foods!

Patsy:
ya hor.. now she drink water from spoon she knows how to blow bubbles can laugh somemore.. duno she learn from who.. whenever we eat Sherisse will give us a look like saying mummy can give me some.. so have to give her some to eat.. but she still take her porridge..

san: you're lucky sherisse only look at you, xaby will pull my shirt and start yelling for food from my plate. Sometimes she'll hold on to my arm and won't let go!

Hey Patsy, Xaby looks simply adorable in the pic. Like a super model from baby kingdom!
how about you try to grill the fish? or make it fillet style..

pammie: Thanks! she's starting to like to pose for the camera now... can sit properly and smile if she sees the camera. she likes steamed fish hong kong style, but that has soy sauce so am reluctant to give her.. i think it's more she wants tastier food now coz she's tried what we eat and it has a lot more taste than her food. maybe grilled fish with lemon... hmmmmm

Patsy, when u ask Tammi to smile she'll make a monkey face at u..
wah.. some taste buds Xaby has! My mom actually adds a kind of black sauce to Tammi's porridge, she says it's good for kids. Dunno how true! aiya, sooner or later they have to take salt so i just let it be.

btw, Tammi had her MMR today.. Cried like mad! never saw her cling on to me and cry mummy mummy while quivering from the pain. poor thing..

pammie: yah, think i exposed her to adult food too much that now she only likes adult food! but re salt, i'd rather wait till she's a bit bigger coz i don't want to over-tax her kidneys! poor Tammi! Xaby is scheduled for MMR end of Feb still...

patsy, what???? toys??? OMG *faint* samuel also loves to grab my hand so that i can give him food from my plate! grilled fish quite dry leh...will Xaby reject?

san, samuel's also like sherisse...he'll spit out the rough fish esp threadfin...cod fish still not so bad...but if you give him a mouthful of fish, he'll spit every bit of it out. will use his hands to pick the smallest piece and put it in my hands.

pammie, samuel also makes monkey face when i ask him to smile. whenever we pick up our phones or the digicam, he'll make monkey faces. talking about the jabs, samuel was playing with the toys when the 1st jab came. he was caught off-guard and cried only a little (3 secs). then the 2nd jab, he looked at the PD as she jabbed him and cried big time after that...so funny...

Sneaky:
Sherisse dun spit out.. she keep it in her mouth.. find it amazing that she can keep the fish meat in her mouth and swallow the rest.. duno how she does it..

Tammi developed fever right after MMR jab yesterday.. She had the jab at about 11am and developed fever around 5pm.. and then again at 5am.. Fever about 37.5 - 37.9. anyone w similar experience? Doc told me fever expected only 1 week after jab.. I'm still waiting for PD to call me.

pammie, yes, he took MMR & chix pox

patsy, good good...next time go out with you no need to bring anything cos you have it all! haha...

san, this is interesting! she keep inside her mouth for what? does she spit it out in the end?

sneaky: yup, changing mat, diaper cream, powder, lotion, sanitizer all have, just bring diapers coz xaby's pull ups are for girls
happy.gif
toys also have a lot!

Sneaky:
she will keep it in her mouth as long as she wants loh.. we try to dig out from her mouth she refuse to let us loh.. so after a while u will see bits and pieces of fish meat on the floor loh..

Back