(2005/09) Sept 2005 Babies

Hi berlingoh...
Me ard...toggle btw work and net, net and work.

Hi Sharon,
Great to "read" that.. Safra pool @ Yishun is fun!!
happy.gif
But quite a distance frm my place in Serangoon
sad.gif

Florence:
Wow! at Where ? near to Compass point ?

Berlingoh
Sabrina can read all the book.( early learning child phonics)about 2 years
and
with phonics
she can spell the word (like fan, cat dog, good, cold, hot.)
she can read chinese with Han yu pinyin.
I now let her learn french word, German, spanich.(study at home) with help English pronounce.

RE : early learning child phonics

Where to learn early phonics? would love to put keith in. hehe

not sure wor. must check website. hehe but i know have.

Florence, Im also keen to enrol my girl in phonics class. No joke these days when children enter school (primary school i mean) not knowing how to read. They'll be left behind...

hi mummies,
The youngest age (according to Jan&Elly) they can take is age 4. Intend to enrol my gal next yr.

this thread is moving..
many go swimming.. mine not.. aften having running nose. since She attend kinderland preschool.

as for reading, she can read independantly. spelling yes.. simple one like cat, map, daddy, mummy ..etc and of course her name is a must

chinese is a bit slow as i can only teach her at night.. can only read single word..
but fun things is their memory.. she can recite shan zhi jing (love to hear the english accent that she recite that.. funny)

if there is gathering , I will try to join to let her relax and mingle ard.

Hi Coffeedrinker,
My gal is attending CC half day and she is prone to cough & flu
sad.gif
and she is always very hungry when she comes hm. I see i very heart pain though my hubby thinks it is a training camp for her to slim down..
sad.gif

How do u celebrate ur kids birthday in their sch?
Goodie bags? Wat do u have inside? Any suggestion other then stationery sets and party sets?

Hi Berlin,
Usually we Go to the former Concourse and get stationary sets eg erasers, pencils, rulers.. personally, i dont like those jellies/biscuits and sweets cos my son is very prone to "cough" after he ate them.

We hv to order a 3kg cake for the kids to share and prepare goodie bags for the classmates. I think for the younger kids, stickers, little toys are still much more interesting for them. For those going to P1 next yr, stationary still the best, perhaps?
happy.gif

juzker

I did send my girl to I Can READ in Jun08.
But she cried when i left, so the teacher let me in for the lesson.
In my point of view, its not worth the $$ im paying for the lesson.
Im in the class for the whole 1.5hours. The teacher just read a story book for the kids then each kid was given a worksheet to do (match it and colouring) then play abit of toy cars then then go home.

hi berlin,
I see..
happy.gif
I think for age ~3yr kids, they will not absorb much..
happy.gif
That is why Jan&Elly will only take age =>4yrs kids.

I hv two kids..
Big = Gor Gor = 23 sep 02
Small = Mei Mei = 28 sep 05.. hehehe..
BD coming soon..Headache..last yr for gor gor to hv BD party at CC. Wanted to do a special one for him.But daddy say..no need la..
sad.gif

Juzker: my girl oso likes playing puzzles. I get those big puzzles 28 pc kind.. easier to fix la..

Sharon: r u SAHM???

hmm, mi oso headache on bday parties.. so jz keep it simple AT HOME.. hehe

Ling,
No. I'm FTWM.
I will study with my gal, about 7pm to 10pm everyday, bacause she sleep only about 11pm.

i even thot print world flag for her to learn. but is worth, because at least now she know about 70 world flag name.

zao an mummies :D

Juzker: u owaz standby on this forum page har? haha...

sharon: tot u SAHM.. wah, not bad effort.. only ger?? I cannot afford the time now especially with a 2nd one... haha..

hey ladies, so wat cake u getting for your kids bday? any good ones to recommend?? hving party at home?

Hi ladies,

Jus wondering...did any of u take childcare leave aft your maternity leave? I dun mind staying home for a while but i'm missing work life...

juzker: hey the cakes looks so lovely wor.. especially team up with the cupcakes looks so nice.. hv u tried them b4?? expensive anot?? :p

mummylee: wat u mean childcare leave? unpaid leave to stay home?

nvr take unpaid cos don't tink my co allow wor...

if can, then take la, spend more time with the baby :D

yes, im staying home for a few more months to look after baby. But pity my elder girl...she gets a lot of scolding/beating from me these few months. Maybe its becos im at home all the time now. See more of her nonsense. But i always regret my actions...
sad.gif

Morning Mummies!
Mummy Lee: I am guilty of that too..Sometimes, it is just in that spur of moment. But kids are kids, they will forget. My boy gets alot of scoldings/beatings frm us too..but must know when to stop with the beating..

mummylee: try not to scold her... she is adjusting to the new baby.. they will behave very differently and trying all sorts of ways to get attention... U must reason to her.. :D

My ger oso expecting alot of attention from my after my boy is delivered.. I understand...

Hi Ling & juzker, guess im not the only one then. So its normal for the elder ones to feel this way, to get our attention.

When no 2 comes along, i started using the cane on my girl. My mum pities my girl a lot cos for like 2.5 yrs, she was the apple of our eye and didnt get any beating/caning at all, and all of a sudden she's getting it all the time. Oh, but now she seems a little sensible and accepting of her new sibling. I really try not to use the cane these days. She's really terrified of it...

My husband always says im like a tyrant, instilling fear in my girl...gosh!

Mummy Lee : Grandparents tend to side the kids...
happy.gif
my mum will niam me if I cane my son but she will complain to me that my son very naughty. hehehe...we adults are pretty confuse ourselves too..

Mummy Lee & Juzker: Personally I don't use cane. I prefer to talk and reason to them. My hb uses the cane, but to threaten only...

But some believe that we shouldn't use cane at such a young age.. imagine when are they bigger there will be more difficult things to handle.. By then they may not listen to "cane" anymore...

of cos on the other hand, spare the rod, spoil the child...

Ling & juzker: I honestly prefer to talk it out first cos i get very angry whenever i have to use the cane. So to spare myself from getting real mad, i try to reason it out first.

So ladies, did you visit the NATAS travel fair last weekend? Have you brought your lil ones on holidays? PLanning any yr end trips?

My girl just came back from Genting with my in laws and husband. Her first trip. Wow, there was so much peace at home when the 2 werent around. And i really mean it!! i enjoyed the peace and quiet very much
smile.gif

Morning...
I bght Justin to HK 2yrs ago..Very tiring for me and not enuff shopping!

Din Go Natas fair
sad.gif
we are pretty hestiated to bring TWO kids for trip! kekeke.. simply too much things to Pack..

mi jz brought my kids to genting in June... quite handful lor, but u must go with family then at least there are ppl there to help u.. :D

wah, u "se de" let girl follow the rest to holiday?? hehe why choose this time to go genting, without you wor? hehe

Hi all, hope you had a great National Day with your family!

Ling: I didnt want my girl to go genting at first...but i thot since my husband was going, i let her. Besides my mil wanted my girl to go. My girl is very attached to my mother-in-law...sometimes i feel rather jealous....

So far, ive only gone on cruise with my girl. That's like the only holiday i dare to bring her cos she runs about everywhere. So cruise is like the best choice.

Juzker: It's really not easy travelling with young kids. Im putting travelling on hold for now, maybe wait till baby is older...thinking of going to HK/BKK next yr..

Oh...i hope to try spa holidays too...must have some 'me time'. Have you all tried overseas spa??

Hi Mummy Lee,
I agree wif u ..Went cruise this Feb wif the whole family (Parents, PIL + kids) and it is really the best holidays! Kekeke...

Hk okie for kids, BKK could be kinda of dusty or warm for kids (depends on timing u go).
happy.gif

Juzker, i'd like to travel with my parents and in-laws too. Should be quite fun ya? The best part is they can help look after the kids too!

hi mummies,

want to ask ur: has your 3yo toilet-trained during naptime & night sleep? What diapers are they using for day & night? My son has been wearing drypers in the day & pampers at night for quite some time now, but lately I realised both the diaper leak very badly. Thought of changing to other brands, he's now wearing XL, but seems like too small liao & XXL very limited choice in the market now. Any recommendation???

hi lysm, my girl still wears diaper during naps and night sleep. She was wearing Mamy Poko XXL but leaks often cos they are too big for her. BUT XL seems tight. I recently jus switched to Huggies XXL, which has a better fit than Mamy Poko XXL.

But I really hope to get her off her diapers completely...

Back