(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

T_Teo, love your cake n balloons! I ate some stuff from Pine Garden n was v impressed with them, but too bad they're too far away for me to order the birthday cake.

T_Teo ...

wow looks like alot of fun at Tyanne's bday ...

how much did it cost for the bday cake hur? lychee martini sounds cool heehee

last weekend zephan was fussing a lot during lunch, n it turned out that he wanted to feed himself! so we had a v messy lunch, and it was v slow paced.... but he still couldnt scoop from the bowl, and always dropped the spoon right after he takes it out from his mouth. Hmm, a lot more training is needed...

T_Teo
Wow, looks like you really planned well for your party. The cake looks lovely!

Seabreeze
I didnt know so many babies from this thread were gonna be at Compasspoint. I tot only Wendyg, who might not have turned up in the end. Did you, Wendy? Annette threw the toy in almost instantaneously. But I saw most babies could do that also so our chance may be slim.

For those attending the 12th August lunch, see you then. Cheers!

some jokes to lighten up the day

<font color="0000ff"># 1
Doctor to his lady patient: "You look terribly weak and exhausted! Are
you having your meals three times a day as I have advised?"
Lady replied: "MEALS ?? Doctor, I thought you said three males a day."

# 2
A wife asked her husband: "What do you like most in me - my pretty face
or my sexy body?"
He looked at her from head to toe and replied: "I like your sense of
humor."

# 3
Wife to husband: "What's your excuse for coming home at this time of the
night?"
Husband to wife: "Golfing with friends, my dear."
Wife to husband: "What? At 2 am?"
Husband to wife: "Yes, We used night clubs."

# 4
A husband was asked: "Do you talk to your wife after sex?"
He replied: "Depends, if I can find a phone."

# 5
Girl: When we get married, I want to share all your worries, troubles
and lighten your burden.
Boy: It's very kind of you, darling, But I don't have any worries or
troubles.
Girl: Well, that's because we aren't married yet.

# 6
Girl to her boyfriend: One kiss and I'll be yours forever.
The guy replies: Thanks for the warning.

# 7
Interviewer to Millionaire: To whom do you owe your success as a
millionaire?"
Millionaire: "I owe everything to my wife."
Interviewer: "Wow, she must be some woman. What were you before you
married her?"
Millionaire: "A Billionaire"

# 8
Father to son after exam: "let me see your report card."
Son: "My friend just borrowed it. He wants to scare his parents."

# 9
Wife: You always carry my photo in your handbag to the office. Why?
Hubby: When there is a problem, no matter how impossible, I look at your
picture and the problem disappears.
Wife: You see, how miraculous and powerful I am for you?
Hubby: Yes, I see your picture and say to myself, "What other problem
can there be greater than this one?"</font>

tingting
Thanks, these are great! What a nice way to start the day especially when I have just finished gossiping with my SIL about my annoying and ridiculous PILs. Your jokes brought my blood pressure down. hee...

eileenp,
Ya, she had a great time poking her finger into the cake and licking the cream off it. She's a greedy lil ger!

cat_tail,
me still waiting for baby to wake up from her nap so we'll most prob go to the zoo in the afternoon and daddy also couldn't take full day leave. Hope you Edna is enjoying herself!

mybabydream,
I started feeding cheddar cheese to my baby when she turned 8 mths. I guess it should be ok coz the salt content is natural unlike the table salt we add to our food.

tingting,
I actually had Pine Garden for my wedding cake too and my guests liked it so I decided to order from them. The boss is very nice, they can accomodate to whatever designs you have in mind. They are at AMK, near where I work. If you want to sample more, can let me know. Maybe I can help you. ;-)

Seabreeze,
The cake is $35/kg plus $20 for design, I ordered 2kg for 30 guests. You pay more if the design is more complicated. The lychee martini is a refreshing change for us, the taste is quite mild, Tyanne had a taste of it too!

Psaaing_Guest,
I planned everything using the internet. No time to go shopping ard for deals so I surf the net for lobangs lor. Cake is yummy too!

hi T_Teo, where do u live? hehe... see if can tom pang u to buy for me. :p

PG, quite nice to have a SIL to gossip together.. haha... promotes bonding.. :p

passing guest
Reached abt 5pm.. saw the queue for the pails event &amp; decided not to join that one. Aiyo queue until outside the mall ok! the crawling one no need to wait, but alas, isaac was busy gawking at his surroundings &amp; crawled only reluctantly over to us. Cannot make it liao la.

T_Teo
Tyanne looks very familiar. Is she the baby with the wiggly butt, at Triniti's home? Actually your cake costs less than I expected. It surely looks expensive. I ordered a boring normal Digit 1 cake and its $36 per kg, min 3 kg. Regretted...

Wendyg
Are all baby contests so disorganised? Seems that we haven't had much luck with them.

T_Teo,
I am back from the zoo trip! Phew, lucky no rain.
happy.gif

Btw, the cake sure looks yummy! U have the full address of the Pine Garden? Feels like eating the cake now..haha

Hi mummies,
Wow, the thread is moving real fast. Hasn't got the chance to login for 2 weeks already. Wanna join the BP for cereal (recommended by a mummy here) also got no chance. Now can't even find the thread anymore.

The babies all look so grown up now! I have to look at Tyanne's pic twice to be sure it's really her! Hahaha...

K, gotta run. Catch up with you ladies again!

Theresa, your cake is so lovely now i changed my mind on ordering Megan's cake from ecreative. Thanks for letting us know this good lobang. :eek:)

tingting,
I stay in Hougang, near to Hougang Green. Sure can tong pang, just let me know what you'll like to get. :)

Passing guest,
Yup! She's the one with the wiggly butt! Hahaha.... Don't say that about Anette's cake, you can keep Pine Garden in mind for her next b'dae!

cat_tail,
Ya, weather was very good yesterday. We had loads of fun too!
The address is Blk 529 AMK Ave 10, #01-2369. Can just walk in to buy a few slices to try try.

Anissa,
Ya, so fast one year has passed... They are all " big" baby already.

angel,
Let me know if you are interested, I can email you the price list for the cakes and some photos. The manager, Wei Chan, is a very nice guy.

hi T_Teo, thanks! can email me the pics and price list? i tried their cupcakes with icing, and was won over by the liquid chocolate inside the cupcake!
happy.gif

Hi cakey, angel &amp; adelyee,
You got mail! You'll realise that there are more designs on Sesame Street coz that's the theme for Tyanne's party. Her best buddy now is Elmo! Hiak hiak....

hi t_teo,
i tried the cake from pine garden before, pretty good. but never thought of them for bb's party....

hey, care to email me the price list? [email protected] thanks!

We will only invite close relatives n our best friends'families for cayden's party. it's will be simple lor cos Seabreeze refuses to give me any idea!!!??!!!??? sdfzzx er #%$&amp;^**(*)*) hehehe

On national day, we brought Cayden to Qian Hu fish farm....it was a great sight with so many different breeds of fishes......anyone interested can hitch a free shuttle from Boon Lay MRT....

HI all mummies
I am planning to celebrate anton's bday on the 2nd of sept and now the Patissier is having a promo whereby if u order the cake from them, they have a 41% off for the second cake. So I was wondering if there is any mummy who wants to order a 1.5 kg customised bday cake for the baby and we can share the 41 % discount? The 2 cakes can be collected on the 1st of Sept so I only need one mummy to share this with me...please pm me if you wanna share the disc. Their cakes are extremely tasty and fancy and it costs slightly more than other cakes but it is worth every single cent u pay for
happy.gif

http://www.thepatissier.com/webtop/Browse/birthday_kids.phtml

Long time never post! Been busy with work and preparation for Haowen's birthday bash which is tomorrow!

Re Pine Garden
their website www.pgcake.com. Note that they charge $10 extra for delivery. I actually wanted to order from them, but they couldn't do the disney cartoon design which I wanted due to copyright issue. So got to give them a miss this round. Have ordered from ecreative instead.

Angel
another balloon contact for you www.twinkleballoons.com. They deliver free for order above $25, vs Grefio whom u must order at least $100. Good if u wanted only small number of balloons.

Re: Pine Garden
Yup, they do charge $10 for delivery but I was quoted $35 for delivery from another "upmarket" confectionery so I thought $10 should be reasonable. They also mentioned to me about the copyright thingy but since I'm their "return" customer, they are willing to do it for me. Haiz... cakes also got copyright... in the end, the entire thing just ends up in our stomachs.

ixwong,
Thanks for sharing the contacts for balloons! Have fun for Haowen's birthday celebration. :)

Hi T_Teo, other mummies,
Which flavour of cake from pine garden shld I order that is nice and yet suitable for our 1yr old? any recommendation? thanks
happy.gif

triniti, i love patissier cakes! i dun mind ordering one for my dad's birthday in sept, but planning to get something in their regular catalogue and small, less than 1 kg. does the disc apply then? if u dun have anyone else to share (i think a customised cake will have greater discount) i can share with you. I work just nearby so can pop down with you during lunchtime.

Finally Haowen's party is over. All went well except the birthday boy was a bit grouchy halfway thru :p Some pictures on his birthday bash to share.

486888.jpg
See, I'm a big boy liao. No longer a baby!
486889.jpg
Love the decor and balloons from daddy n mummy!
486890.jpg
Winne the Pooh theme!
486891.jpg
My Pooh birthday cake from ecreative. Yummy!
486892.jpg
My loot for the day! Thank you to all aunties and uncles!

T-Teo
Can email me the cake info too?
My email add: [email protected]
Thanks!

ixwong,
haowen looks so grown up now...and he's got a Pooh theme birthday party so nice.

re: birthday
will b celebrating zac's birthday this sunday. still haven't sourced for decor yet. Jus placed buffet order yesterday. Haven't get the cake yet...so many things to do and so little time!!!

Hi Mummies,
Have a celebration on Edna's B'day on last Sat but was quite disappointed. MIL brot a huge number of uninvited guests &amp; they wiped out most of the food before my frds arrived...
kao_angry.gif

Just sharing some of the pic here.

487136.jpg
Cake from 7th Manna, very fresh &amp; yummy~
487137.jpg
Heehee.. that's my super fat Daddy &amp; skinny Mummy. I wonder which gene will I follow?
487138.jpg
I Luv balloons!

ixwong &amp; cat_tail,
wow wow wow!!!! really nice decor u gals hav done up! time flies ya....all the bb now r big boy big gal now! my son b'dae will be next saturdae! hee...hopefully he wont be cranky on the nite!
happy.gif
hee...think the lazy mummie here will not do much decoration for him on his big dae...just a simple one will do...ke ke....

Re: Patissier
hee....triniti, if only i wait for u then we can share the discount ya! is really a gd deal! but too bad, i hav ordered from them....
sad.gif

Hi ixwong,

Wah...Haowen looks like a big boy already. In comparison, Matthew still looks like a baby :p Now i am also planning for Matthew's party on the 3rd.

Oh...we will be going to Perth in mid Sept. Yes, again!! I am so so excited
happy.gif

Thanks for all the compliments. It was quite fun but super-tiring!

Cat-tail
your party looks good and I love Edna's smile! Dun let your MIL spoil your day lah..

raisintan,
We printed the coloured letterings ourselves, artwork by his daddy.

sweetpea
ya, haowen is tall for his age. Many people commented he looks like a 2YO :p U going to perth again??? Somemore in Sep, even before my 1st trip there! U are really a true fan of WA....

skippy,
I am oso quite lazy. I ordered most of the stuff online too.
happy.gif

sweetpea,
Perth is nice! U feeling excited abt your trip!

ixwong,
I hope my party can be as peaceful as yours~ Really can't get over with this MIL of mine.... guess I need more time to calm down. *still very mad

Back