(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

Love..

We're staying 1 blk away frm my MIL.. cos they stay their own shop upstairs.. she comes over very often... But we're staying with his sister and his niece... we have nt got a flat of our own... but we'll be getting one soon... esp now with the new scheme of getting a flat...
happy.gif

Saintbaby,

hahhaa.. sometimes i oso feel tt i am very bad DIL, but then i have my reservations against them. Long story, no pt telling.

In the 1st place, i guess they was hoping for a grandson, coz my hubby is the onli child. B4 i went for my scan, she asked me girl or boy, but i told her straight away tt i prefer a girl. Upon hearing it, she said best to have a girl & a boy.

When after the scan, really was girl. So told her abt it. Then funni thing is, when i deliver, she asked again girl or boy. I was like "wah lau, dun u alreadie koe its a girl" Sigh... anyway, i dun care whether they will dote on my little girl.

& for the full mth celebration, i am going to insist tt no one shall carry my girl, tt includes hubby's relatives. hahaha... mean rite? but i dun want a sleepless nite.

Saintbaby

I think its is a good choice to have your own house...at least that is ur own....

Shirley

My hubby is the youngest is the family and my MIL dont mind wheather we r expecting a ger or boy..when we told her its a ger..she say good then can help out when she grow older...the next one then try a boy lor....so at least I am not pressurise.......my hubby wanna a ger too....

Actually my 1st sis in law gave birth to a boy 2 year ago so my PIL already have a boy grandson.......but my MIL told me that nowadays there is no preference on boy or ger......both also good.....

Shirley

R u going to let ur own relatives carry ur Shanice???if yes then very difficut not to let ur hubby's relatives not to carry ler??Wat excuses r u going to give them??wait they say y ur relatives can carry but not ur hubby's relatives????

Love,

Yr in-laws got modern thinking, very good! Mine also said boy or gal doesn't matter, but then, I'm not sure whether they say-say only or they really mean it.

Shirley...

Your case also same as mine le... That time b4 i went for detailed scan, my gynea says it's a girl.. den after the detailed scan confirmed it's a girl.. my hubby told her.. den she say sometimes the scan not accurate... she say it's a boy... Duh right! People already say girl already... even gynea also say girl... she somemore insist it's a boy... since she wan a boy den ask my that da sao to go give her one lor... she also like that da sao sooo much ma... i also dun care wherethe they will dote on my baby anot...

U know they really damm kiasu le.. that time after i give birth... they faster go HDB and ask for the form that states who r the ppl staying in the house... i mean what for sooo kiasu... canot do it later meh.. den keep asking my hubby to fill up the form.. and bring it back to HDB... since they sooo damm eng... den do it themseleves la... somemore that time i just give birth le... i also duno how come in this world got this kind of people one...

For the full mth celebration.. i also wun let ppl carry my girl.. including hubby's relatives also! i made it VERY CLEAR to my hubby already... i told him NO ONE can carry bb except him and me... if they wanna c.. i carry for them to see... but STRICTLY NO CARRYING!!!! I also dun wan a sleepless night... It's not mean.. but den if at night bb cry.... r they going to be the one who's going to put baby to sleep... no mah! so i dun care..
happy.gif
i kept reminding my hubby abt no carrying... haha...

SP,

Sigh, to me, boy or girl doesnt make a real difference, except i prefer girls coz can doll her up. So still want to hope that the scan is wrong?

Love,

Ur MIL is very nice. For my case, my PIL all very old liao.. like 65+ alreadie, think their thinking probably is still in the olden days where they must have grandson type. tt's one of the reason Y i dislike them

hubby oso dun mind ger, he say i like can liao

Shirley

Actually my PIl also very old liao.....abt same age as ur PIL.but they very easy going one lar....they see open liao........cos my hubby 1st sis married an Indian ler.....wat u think???Then my hubby 1st bro married a China woman....so I guess they already see open laio lor......

Love,

i won't let my relatives carry too,except my parents & sis. Even my friends, i oso dun intend to let them carry.

Saintbaby,

Ya.. agree..very angry rite, when they keep asking boy or ger & tell them liao, they still want to hope its the other instead. Anyway, wat's wrong wif girls? MIL oso girl wat? hahaha

ytd lagi funni. i was in the bedroom, want to sleep liao.. then hubby dun want to sleep, so i ask him to look after shanice, who keep crying. So hubby bring her to the study room. Then MIL go to the study room, like want to see Y she cry lah.. etc. So i faster run to the study room & carry her back.. :p

Most of the time, MIL just like to stand there see see look look, then like to give comments. Dunno how to action one.

Actually healthy bb is the most important, why the emphasis on boy or gal hor? Kekeke!
happy.gif

Last Sunday, we just met up with our friend who's working in China. He came back to KL with his China wife, hehe.

After listening to her stories, I feel very lucky that we hv a choice to give birth to more than 1 kid if we wish. In China, if ppl report to the authorities that u r preggie with yr 2nd kid, the authorities will hunt u down and force u to abort!

So some of the ppl who wants more than 1 kid must quit their job and go into hiding! After delivery when u register the birth of 2nd bb u will pay a fine. The amt varies depending on region, village areas can be as low as a few thousand RMB. Her friend got fined RMB12,500 but not sure which region is that.

Apparently the rule is, u r limited to ONE PREGNANCY, not 1 kid, so some will opt to hv more than 1 bb, maybe twins or triplets. But this approach is less common.

Oh, yes! In China they do scan yr bb but they will never tell u whether u r carrying gal or boy. So ppl will go to "backyard" gynaes, pay a few hundred RMB to find out the sex of their bb. Some of them will choose to abort after finding out their bb's sex (due to parental pressure) only to find out that the scan was wrong... too late
sad.gif
Either way it's very cruel, isn't it...
sad.gif

Another approach is, don't marry local China man, marry a foreigner as the rule doesn't apply and u can hv as many kids as u want, haha.

Sorry for the long post, me got story-telling mood now.
lame.gif

u mean now China still do that????I tot thats like long time ago policy???

Yesterday new reported that there is this new technology that parents can know the gender of the baby as early as 5 weeks...dun know is this good or not...cos parents might abort due to the wrong reason...

Shirley

If that is the case shd be ok lar...for me I guess relatives will definitely carry one......I will see how lor...anyway my full month will be at the club house so shd not be so bad....and I guess most guests wont dare to carry lar.still so fresh.....maybe only relatives lor....but I will not let pregnant women carry my baby lor...thats for sure........

Love,

I also thought such practices are no more, but apparently it's still happening!

Oh, yes! My friend's wife told us that, in China esp the rural villages, they still practise NOT bathing, NOT washing hair and NOT brushing teeth for 1 whole month! So gross right...

hi ladies, long time no "talk" ... juggling 2 kids is no joke!

hey tomatoes, congrats on the birth of Giselle!

raeyen's appetite is insatiable! sometimes he wants milk every hr! n every feed is tiring for me too! here's his pix taken on 16/7, juz 6 days old:
299590.jpg

went to the gynae on tue, my episiotomy stitches healed well. now i can sit v well w/o problems.

re: bath
i bathe every day (w/ the herbs) & shampoo on alternate days. dun listen to those old wives' tales - those r meant for china where the weather there is cooler.

hi sp, ya v siong... he crazy lah, sometimes 3hrly.

would any of u dare to take Extrim X that Zoe Tay is endorsing? i wonder if we can take if breastfeeding, since she bf her son too. quite tempted to try it out to hasten wt loss.

Love,

I think its not a matter of who carries bb. Rather its is the "passing" around of bb that makes bb stress. So the onli way to prevent tt, is not to let anyone carry bb in the 1st place, regardless of who it is

Bichon,

Raeyen look very bright, but he looks quite tan hor? So he is on total BM?

I just got a wedding invitation from my college friend, she's getting married on 27/8! I want to go to her dinner leh, so now got to get my bb out latest by EDD if not how to go...

Anyone got any ideas how I can "get things along"? Now still nothing, no signs. Will try talking to my bb. Anything else I can try?
wink.gif

SP

u very funny ler....on one hand u dun want ur baby to come out so soon......on the other u want....so fickle minded har......hehehehe.....

Shirley

I agree wif u....but I dun think many pple will carry lor....cos whenever I go to baby full month.....I dun carry the baby...scared mah....they look so fragile...

Love,

U'll be surprised. Tt time my colleagues come over, Shanice was just a wk+. They started carrying her liao... hahaa... so scare scare, coz tt nite she couldnt sleep well

SP,

Ya lor.. u ah.. one moment want bb dun come out, one moment want bb to come out. I think ur bb confussed liao

hi ladies, heehee, actually raeyen is not tan, it was becoz of lack of natural lite when that pix was taken. he is getting fairer each day like his gor-gor, kieran. he also looks like kieran. now kieran looks more & more like daddy.

shirley, am not BF 100%, funnily my BM is being supplemented by FM coz i had sore nipples (same bad experience when i had kieran). now my nipples r reovering pretty well, so i latch raeyen on if he gets insufficient FM. may try to pump BM in another wk i guess coz pumping is quite painful too.

I just finish pumping milk out.. haiz.. u imagine whole day until now never pump.. yet only managed to pump out abt 4oz only. *sigh* really depressing le.. normally i latch Kirsten on in e morning but today i didn't latch her on at all... cos last night she kept me awake! she woke up at 2 plus cos her pacifier drop.. 4am to drink milk.. den 5plus again cos pacifier drop.. after that almost 7am she cry again cos it's almost milk time..
sad.gif
i whole night didn't really sleep well...

Ladies..
I think we should compile a list of all our numbers (if u guys dun mind giving).. den when all of us have given birth and finished confinement... we can have a gathering.. bring your babies along!
happy.gif
let our babies have more frens..

SP, the best is let nature takes its course. there is no right way to "hurry" bb to come out (hahaha). unless yours is elective c-section, then u can pick the date & time of delivery.

love, i did experience some discharge but it was manageable not that it was alot. the appearance of the discharge is also natural when nearer to labor.

wow... so many postings again seems like i always miss the timing w lots of posting.... juz woke up /image<x> wonder y so tired today... JJ also sleep w me think we onli awake for less than 4 hrs today....

RE:MIL
my mil n pil very nice ppl but got grandparents in law still ard then the grandma very traditional n damned her lor(pardon the lang) she very wat one lor like saintbaby's mil lor infront of her son n grndson (my hb) treat me n my mil very nice behind stab us w thousand of knives.... but i dun give a damned abt her lah...everythg sh say muz do me n my mil always cut cut cut to the min....worst is my hb actually listen to her..... SHIT

RE:carrying bb during full month
ya lor agreed w shirley it is the passing ard tt stress bb coz bb confused w all the diff unfamilar smell...

bichon
muz be very tiring for u but press on... me been thru tt for my eldest boy .... feed evry hr... u better make sure u have a good support for ur back when u feeding... very easy to backache...
better dun try extrim first... though Zoe tay is the spoke person u dun know if there will be another slim ten case n u bf .... bb health more impt.....

Bichon,

I oso have sore nipples. &amp; at tt time, i start continue to express. until ytd, there is actually blood flowing out. i dun dare to use pump today, instead i use hand express. hand express is quite tedious, spend so long expressing, yet onli got so little milk, very very sad.
299639.gif

Saintbaby,

I dun mind gathering, bringing our babies out. So who shall compile the list of hp/ tel no.? Maybe should indicate which area of s'pore we staying too, then can koe where to hold the gathering, if any.
299640.gif

Love,

U having discahrge ah?

saintbaby
mus take care leh... it's common to hv sleepless nites.... but muz try to express more often o/w ms will decrease....dun be discourage by the small amt it is the freq of stimulating the breast to produce tt's impt... it take time to increase

Sheris,

Ur massage lady replied me liao. Should be having a session this sat with her. Now need to wait for her to confirm time.

JJ can sleep so long ah? Envy ley. Shanice want me to hug hug at times even though she extremely sleepy liao. Btw, u got time must come in chat chat with us more often ley...

when u hv sore nipples very common to hav blood come out when expressing... main thing is to massage the breast first then stretch the nipple a bit to soften it then start expressing very gently first when using the hand pump press a bit then release... when there is flow of u see the nipple has enough milk to hv flow n soften then increase the pressure tt should reduce the chance of blood when expressing

i also hope i can login to chit chat w u all but these few days dun know y so tired... but at nite my eyes like 'matakuching' hahaha borrow the term fr saintbaby... think tonite me n JJ going to hv and eye stare at eye session since he back to sleeping again after his feed...

sigh my aunt still tell me gd bb sleep so long n drink so much like tt will grow very fast...

Sheris,

But it seems true tt when bb sleep, they will grow one ley. hahaha.. sometimes i oso hope Shanice sleep more.. than i can catch some sleep too.

hai... i just had a 'fighting' session with kirsten.. this notti girl.. know that mummy alone at home.. den bully mummy... frm 5+ until now.. keep crying le... she had her feed le but she refuse to sleep... den she keep opening her mouth so i latch her on.. after that she puke out milk with phlem... haiz... she make me carry her frm jus now until now.. finally she just fell asleep after i scolded her...
sad.gif
now my hands so suanz...
sad.gif

Shirley..
I dun mind compiling the list...
happy.gif

Saintbaby,

Could Kirsten have wind in her tummy? Coz sometimes Shanice oso like tt. Want to carry carry, then abt an hr or so after she drink milk, she will puke out some.

Hmm.. ok.. then i start the ball rolling. My hp no is 98354792

saintbaby u mention w phlem is the phlem green or white.... got any running nose? if green maybe kirsten sick... if juz crying n crying... then maybe wind in tummy... rub soe ruyi oil in ur palm then apply to her tummy... try carrying er upright for a while... it helps to release wind when carrying upright.... maybe u can juz sit down on ur bed w lots of pillow supporting ur back n lie kirsten against ur chest upright n pat her... bb will clam down when they ear mummy's heart beat like tt not so hand suan...

oh my hp is 98381339

JJ regurgitated on me last nite also... he like kirsten... keep open mouth n dun wan to sleep so i put him in tt position then patting his back like burping him den he regurgitated a lot of the semi curd milk w some green phleum den fell asleep so i guess the milk n phleum is making him uncomfortable.... he drank a lot b4 tt... waste my milk noti noti...

Sheris,

haha... JJ too young to understand how precious BM is. Shanice oso like tt, sometimes she dun finish the milk, me was like "alamak, wasted!"

i just came back from my check up...my gynae did a cervix check for me.....I am only 1 cm dilated...and tummy still quite high.........my gynae commented that my baby quite big........so scared now that I cant go thru natural birth......have to go thru c-section....now very sian........

Sheris,

Does JJ make funni noises when he is sleeping? Shanice tends to make noises, as if she hasving phlegm. but tt day i brought her to polyclinic, doc says she is ok ley..funni

Love,

How heavy is ur bb now? So did the gynae say by when bb should come out? Don't worri too much, ok?

Morning, ladies!
kao_happy.gif

Err, think it's better we all pm saintbaby our hp numbers instead of posting it here, scared invite nuisance calls.

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>No. of kids</TD><TD>Weeks</TD><TD>EDD-</TD><TD>Pop date</TD><TD>Hosp.</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Weight </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font></TD><TD>2.84kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font></TD><TD>3.85kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font></TD><TD>2.98kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>26</TD><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font></TD><TD>2.63kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>20-Jul-05</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font></TD><TD>2.472kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font></TD><TD>3.03kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>19-Jul-05</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font></TD><TD>2.69kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font></TD><TD>2.71kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>41</TD><TD>27-Jun-05</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD>USA</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font></TD><TD>3.25kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font></TD><TD>3.55kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>26-Jul-05</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font></TD><TD>3.2kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>??</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>27-Jul-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>KL</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>29-Jul-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>29-Jul-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>love </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Natalynn</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>1-Aug-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>3-Aug-05</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Yalor, I'm so fickle-minded, all these while tell bb to take his time, now suddenly want him to faster come out, hahaha. It'll be a pity to miss the wedding and miss meeting up with the rest of the gang as they are notoriously hard to find. They are always busy working working working...

Love,

Me so happy for u, 1cm dilated already. U r ahead of me liao! Maybe yr dearest Natalynn will come out this Sun?
biggrin.gif

Btw, how big is she now?

hahaha sp fickle fickle... later ur boy also fickle fickle den u know

shirley
ya jj also make funny noise when he sleep but the moment i carry him upright then no noise... think it may be due to at nite their respiratary tract become narrower so when they breathe got funny sound... dun worri

Back