(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

Shirley,

Her doc made her stay till today. Initially she planned to be out yesterday, just 1 nite 1 day in the hospital. Guess she's too weak to be discharged early.

Wah, Sheris, u very strong lar, can move about so soon after giving birth! So admire yr youth & strength! Any tips to share?
happy.gif

hi Shirley,

Me also very tired easily leh... not getting enough rest i guess...
keep waking up at night... plus dun seem to be able to find a good position to sleep...
plus too many things on my mind...

and also leg cramps....!

plus baby moving a lot...!!

happy.gif

Wow so much to read!!!

My gynae said bb developed well, and my total wt gain of 7.5kg (now wk 25) was ok too. To share w/ u my 1st preg, I gained a total 20kg, it was too enormous, hence I controlled for this #2. My next appt is a mth's time.

Beanbox, tell your MIL & GIL if aircon is not permissible then why r the hospitals turning them on for all the wards? Like I said, China is cool, hence no aircon is required, Spore is hot like mad, how to tahan w/o aircon???

I agree that backaches and tiring feet r kicking in now, esp me for having #2, even the pelvic area is giving me the ache! Muz get HB to massage our legs & feet b4 bed.

On the day u admit to hosp (for natural births), try to drink a bottle of chix essence - to give u the energy to push bb out. Some gd gynaes give the MTBs glucose drips to boost their energies too. After delivery, u will have the energy to walk around. Try to refrain from eating too much curry (due to yellow ginger), else bb will get acute jaundice more easily & may need to stay in the hosp.

Hello, ladies! Today I a bit late in coming in because went to kay-poh at our company AGM, hehe. Came back to office at 10+am.

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>No. of kids</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Weeks</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon angel</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>26</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>19-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>20-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>ann</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>26-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>27-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KL</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>29-Jul-05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>love </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

My SIL is ok now, she's looking good &amp; getting lots of rest at home. Her nb bb is so cute but already knows how to "teh" ppl to carry her as much as possible. Seems even in hospital she gets restless in the room &amp; likes ppl to push her out and about...

My hb said, the bb look so cute &amp; innocent, doesn't look like "devil" leh, got so naughty meh? I told him, I think all babies are very cute one, so that they can "con" and manipulate all the adults around them, wuahaha...
lol.gif

Ladies, has yr hbs felt baby movements yet?

Last nite while I was lying on my back in bed, I felt bb moving inside. So I asked my hb to put his hand on my tummy. As usual, the movements stopped but I asked my hb to be patient &amp; keep his hand on my tummy.

We waited &amp; waited till suddenly he felt the movements! It's his first time! So exciting for us
biggrin.gif

Hi SP..

wah.. seems like u r enjoying ur job ya?

hmm.. yup, can feel my bb's movement abt 3 wks ago, at tt time couldnt really confirm its her moving. But now, we very certain already since her kicks are much harder &amp; sometimes, can even see my tummy like moving.

Must be a very memorable moment for you &amp; your hubby rite?

Now my bb basically loves to kick anytime of the day, can also be when i am busy working in the office.
happy.gif

sp: muz be very exciting for u n ur hb to feel the bb kicking...
den i din really do anythg juz eat normal sleep as usual but can sense that my health not as good as before maybe due to too close births...

anyone's bb doing tumbleturns as well...

shirley:
juz heard from an experience cf that if want to reduce chance of jaundice den take less food containing the yellow n red pigement(forgot what's the name) eg papaya, carrots... find the papaya part a bit true coz had less papaya in the 2nd preg n my gal's jaundice not as bad as my boy.... so this preg not going to eat anything "red or yellow".

Shirley &amp; Sheris,

Yeah, it was exciting for us! Hmm, was wondering when we should start listening to music... When do u think baby can start to hear our voices/ music?
267550.gif

Sheris, thanks for sharing abt red/ yellow food. How abt spicy food and chili? Is it ok? I eat a lot of those leh...
uhoh.gif

Oh, yes! Happy April Fool's Day!
267559.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>No. of kids</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Weeks</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon angel</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>26</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>19-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>20-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>ann</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>26-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>27-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KL</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>29-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>love </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Asian babies usually get jaundice, the difference is the seriousness. Should also avoid drinking cranberry juice due to its red pigments.

Now our bbs can hear us already, so do avoid loud, trashy noises! Classical &amp; other soothing music are great. Try talking to bb, get your hbs to talk to them too :p

Bichon, now baby already can hear us ah? So fast? Gosh, does that mean no more watching horror/ action movies in cinema? My fav movies...
sad.gif

Ya ya, must get hb to talk more to bb, hope they start bonding asap. I don't mind if bb bonds better with hb; maybe next time bb cry/ naughty at night will prefer him to me &amp; I can get more sleep wuahaha...
267792.gif

Yes bb can hear us at wk 20 already if I'm not wrong. I got the info fr babycenter.com.

When bb is out &amp; @ home, cries &amp; cranky @ nite, try to get bb lie chest down on daddy's bare chest, bb will soon turn into an angel after hearing daddy's heartbeat &amp; smelling his scent. It is magical &amp; it really works! At the same time, relieve us fr our nite sleep.

Ladies, our messages for the past few days lost liao, kena corrupted by server hardware failure
sad.gif

Anyway, here's our table:
<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>No. of kids</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Weeks</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon angel</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>26</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>19-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>20-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>ann</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>26-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>27-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KL</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>29-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>love </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

britni, where r u? Hope u come back to chat with us. So far, we r expecting 9 boys &amp; 7 girls!
happy.gif

Morning, ladies! It's monday again...
<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>No. of kids</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Weeks</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon angel</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>26</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>19-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>20-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>ann</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>26-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>27-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KL</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>29-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>love </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
Sheris, wish u all the best for yr exam prep! :D

Hi Ladies...

Been busy and haven't been able to log in the past 2 weeks... Thot we had a new webpage?

What happened?

Went to visit my gynae last Fri. I've put on a total of 5kg's to date. Am now 25 wks... Hopefully, I'd not put on way too much.. Sighz...

Just wondering if any of you gals are intending to go on TBF after giving birth?

bleuz, so nice to see u here! Seems like no one is here for the past few days, very lonely to be here alone, hahaha.

Yeah, our threads were supposed to be running from singaporemotherhood website. But the website is down due to hardware failure, so Chin Leng moved the threads back to singaporebrides.com.

bleuz, think yr weight gain shld be okay. Did yr gynae say anything? I've put on at least 5+kg at 23 weeks, scary. My gynae told me he doesn't expect me to put on more than half kg/ week which I did.
crazy.gif

bleuz, I would really love to go on TBF if I can. But I doubt it would happen becoz my MIL believes in training nb to drink water using bottles. She also believes in feeding FM with bottles for the first few days until BM comes in. That's what she's doing for my SIL's bb. My SIL gave birth on 28/3/05.

I think she'll probably be doing confinement for me too, since I'm now staying with her. So seeing how things go for my SIL, don't think TBF is going to happen.
sad.gif

But I console myself that my MIL is really caring. She went all out to help my SIL feed her bb &amp; take care of her bb so that my SIL can get lots of rest esp during the first week while she was recovering from her V wound &amp; couldn't walk about much. She also cooked nice confinement food for my SIL, and still managed to cook for the rest of the family!!! Guess she is Super-MIL!
smile.gif

bleuz, I'm not sure how my delivery is going to be. I hope I can start bf as soon as possible, hopefully in the delivery ward itself. Even if no milk, still would love to cuddle &amp; let my bb suck.

Hope I will be able to learn proper latching techniques during my stay in the hospital &amp; make the most of the hospital stay to direct bf my bb. Once I'm discharged &amp; back at home, don't know if I got chance to do as I wish, hehe.
lame.gif

Hello, anyone here today?

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>No. of kids</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Weeks</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon angel</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>26</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>19-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>20-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>ann</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>26-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>27-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KL</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>29-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>love </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Me here!

Today got abit of light menses-like cramps this morning. Was a bit scare.

Hope everything is ok.

hi tomatoes, those cramps u experienced could be a false contraction? should be ok, otherwise, check with your gynae. talking about TBF, i dunno if i could do it coz i only managed to BF my 1st child for 2 wks then i had cracked nipples, engorgement. quite scared this time but i'll try again immediately i deliver #2.

we'll produce colostrum (pale yellowish color) in the 1st 3 days upon delivery - which is high in antibodies for the NB. our foremilk (diluted white) will appear from the 4th day onwards.

tomatoes

The cramps cld be due to the expansion of your uterus. This is ok unless you are having some severe ones, then you shld quickly see ur gynae. I do experience such cramps at times. Sometimes can also feel pain at my vagina area. The discomfort will go off after i lay down or take a rest.

bichon

how can you tell if your bb hiccups? when do you start feeling them? I hv been feeling "tremors" inside my tummy for the past few nights, often 2, 3 tremors in a row. They are not really punching though. so i am wondering if they are bb's hiccups?

SP:
in the delivery ward a bit impossible as they have to clean up the bb first

u can always switch back to tbf when ur confinement over mah... then when u give birth request the nurse to bring the bb to u as n when bb hungry... warning may be very taxing for u.... if u on good term wif ur gyn or bb doc then get her/him to tell ur mil that bb should drink more bm during the first few days to make the milk come in faster... n the bm for the first few days is the most nutritious....

oh no i m teaching SP to plot against mil

Sheris, what a good idea! Think will inform the nurses to bring my bb to me whenever hungry
happy.gif
Hope I got the energy to cope with it though
lame.gif

Actually, my MIL is very pro-bf one. But she says first few days no milk, so need to feed FM. Then water must train bb to drink early, if not later on bb won't drink. True ah?
uhoh.gif

I'm staying with MIL now, so think after confinement will probably be the same.

Hmm, so far, I notice my SIL's bb is mostly on FM &amp; supplemented by her BM. Think she pumps out her BM most of the time rather than direct latch-on.

NOT true!!!!! supply = demand... if the bb dun get any milk in the first few days u think he will be satisfy to go sleep? n expressing out = deriving a chance for bonding....and intially is easier for the bb to latch than pump so milk production stimulation .... n bm is 70%-90% water so feeding water at this time is unnecessary n may make the bb feel full thus not wanting to drink milk... both my bb din start drinking water till 6 months old... n both on tbf...
but i must say ur mil prob wan u to have an easier time that's y she letting the bb be mixed lor.... so nt so dependent on u....

unless the bb have special medical condition or on fm( coz source diff n nutrients composition diff from bm, not so water rich)... dun really think have to feed water so early...

so if give fm den need to give water, bm dun need till u want to train bb to drink water....

but i think muz prepare ur mind set lor... my bb both on tbf n they latch on almost every hour n sometimes if u lucky every 2 plus at most 3 if feed on demand... encourage the flow better.

the nipple may get sore or crack so make sure u get the Soothing Nipple Cream (containing Medical Grade Lanolin dun need to remove when bf coz safe for bb consumption) to apply when it starts to get a bit dry dun wait till it crack coz will be very painful n may make latch on an unenjoyable one....

sorrie very long winded

Sheris,

Thank u so much for sharing! Wah, u r really good, manage to tbf yr 1st 2 babies! Really admire yr determination!
happy.gif

You know, I was thinking, what if I don't bother to get milk bottles &amp; FM powder, then maybe my MIL won't be able to bottle-feed my bb with water &amp; FM, wuahaha. But it's just a thought lar, think will kena scolding instead. How can never buy "essential" things like that hor? Kekeke
crazy.gif

Still remember, my SIL came home from hospital on the 3rd day after birth. We rushed home to see her &amp; her cute-cute bb. My MIL was already feeding FM &amp; water to her bb already. 3-days old only leh.

My SIL told me it's better to pump out BM to feed with bottle. She also said it's important to get bb used to bottles becoz she'll be going back to work anyway.
uhoh.gif

Well, she is really lucky. Despite her bb mostly drinking FM &amp; water from bottles, she still managed to easily express out 100ml of BM on the 4th day. But now don't know if she still has so much BM. Think must spy-spy a bit, hehehe.

Sheris/ Bichon,

Is it possible to maintain or increase supply or BM using breast pump? Just wondering in case I can't get my bb to latch on.

I notice they will feed my SIL's bb with 90ml of milk, usually FM, every 3-hour interval.

Heard MIL mention that if bb cries for milk too early (say 1+ hr later) to feed water to bb &amp; wait for the 3 hrs to be up b4 feeding milk again. Or at least wait for within 15-20 mins of "due time", not too soon.

I was wondering, what happens if bb got growth spurt &amp; needs to drink more milk? What about "feeding on demand"? "Outdated" concepts? Hmm...
uhoh.gif

But happy to say that, although my SIL did obey MIL &amp; fed water to her bb, her bb still cried for milk &amp; in the end my BIL &amp; SIL chose to feed FM much earlier b4 3 hrs up. Guess bb knows better, hahaha.
lol.gif

Think I also very long-winded...
lame.gif

it is possible but usually would recommend that for the first few months try to latch on as long as possible... i started pumping out when my gal around 3 months....

but for both my boy n gal when they having jaundice n hospitalised I got pump out a bit for a day.... then i moved to the hospital to stay wif them n bf....

impt to get the bb to be used to the bottle but u have 3 months maternity leave so can latch on n then bottle feed when the bb around 1 month n do it slowly lor... maybe like 1-2 feeds using bottle the rest latch on... that's what i did lah... when i went back to work I will express in the morning b4 work n during lunch time and then bf went i go home after wk then the expressed milk will be fed to bb the next day when i working

amt of bm differ from person to person n is very much affected by ur diet n how much n often ur bb latch on or u pump out... like i said supply = demand....

I remember that when my boy hopsitalised(day 3) coz first time no exp n no one to ask, me at the hospital then breast engorment pain like hell.... den went to the parent craft centre at the hospital (TMC)to pump out the milk (first time)... got 2 full bottles (300ml plus)completely empty the 2 breasts after around 4hours nv feed my boy...

I prefer to feed on demand... can u imagine if u hungry then ppl dun give u food... further more the bb so small.....

but what ur mil is doing is trying to get the bb accustom to a feeding pattern so that when next time u go back wk the caregiver not so much problem to take care of bb

for myself I am a strong believer in there is a time for everythg no point rushing....

some will try to discourage the bb from nite feeds by feeding at regular timing so that they can have proper sleep but for me is i juz feed when they want n eventually my kids juz reduced their nite feed by themselves by then they are like around a yr old ... though my gal still somtimes wake up once or twice for feeds though she 16 months liao...it is tiring but definately worth it coz my kid mah.

and the most wonderful thg about bf is that if bb cry for milk dun have to get up juz lie bb at ur side n latch on... u can sleep n bb can drink to her fill then doze off... that's what i do lah many a times I doze off b4 my bb dozed off n when i wake up later the bb witll be sleeping at my side n the little mouth close together in a satisfied look... but u must be a light sleeper... coz some mother may say that bb in danger of suffocation

very very long winded.... kekeke

lkf, i am also not sure how to tell if bb is hiccuping, maybe those little tremors are the hiccups?

sheris, i agree with u that supply = demand.

SP, tell ur MIL first 3 days do have milk but it is called colostrum - a MUST for every bb to suckle coz it is rich in antibodies. after feeding colostrum for 3 days, the milk will start flowing. i read a bk, it says that the moment the placenta is delivered after the bb, there is a huge hormonal change in our body that triggers the supply of colostrum when bb suckles. this is the beauty of mother nature! so get ur gynae/midwife to "educate" ur MIL. i agree that her methods r to let u have an easy way to feed bb in future, but meanwhile u should try all your might to BF bb.

one more thing to add, i also believe in "feed on demand" otherwise u may either under-feed or over-feed the bb.

u express ur milk so that ur hubby has a chance to feed &amp; bond w/ bb. however, letting the bb to latch on is yet another wonderful feeling.

sheris, since u BF both ur kids, which brand/type of nursing bra is gd?

i not sure as well coz my mum bought for me the cotton type w/o the underwire(no brand).. the pros very comfee the cons is breast may sag... ugly ugly.... then when i go for work i get the normal bra with the latch at the front easy to pump bm....

dun know leh personally find that maternity inner beauty a bit unnecessary... juz buy a bit bigger size can liao....

nursing bra better to have at least 2-3 for change purpose... when i at home i dun wear heeheehee

Hi hi..

Long time never come in to chit chat alreadie. Sheris, thks for sharing so much on bf...
happy.gif
now at least i am not so blur.

How any one start to think of names for ur little prince &amp; little princess?

Hi Bichon angel &amp; lkf

Thanks for the advice, my cramps are gone liao. Maybe it is really dued to the expansion of uterus.

I really hope to bf my bb and I will definitely instruct the nurse to bring my bb to me whenever she is hungry. Talking about cracked nipples... I think we all must go get nipple cream to standby just in case.

When I went Bangkok, I also bought the nursing bras from Wacoal (dun know got use or not) and it cost about S$18 each. My friend say we must still put disposable breast pad to absorb the leaking milk also.

So much things to learn.

Morning, ladies!
272628.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>No. of kids</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Completed weeks</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>3rd</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon angel</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>2nd</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD>26</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>19-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley chan</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>20-Jul-05</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>ann</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Mount E</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>26-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>27-Jul-05</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>KL</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>29-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>love </TD><TD>28</TD><TD>1st</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks for all the wonderful tips &amp; advice, sheris &amp; bichon! Hopefully we all can bf our babies successfully. It is very inspiring &amp; encouraging to hear of successful bf stories!
272634.gif

Tomatoes, glad u feel ok now. Wah, the Wacoal so cheap in BKK!

Shirley, I haven't started thinking of names for my bb. My hb said to let FIL name our bb. Well, I'm ok with that, as long as we still can object in case we don't like the suggested name.

Ladies, I have really "changed" a lot lately.

Initially when I found myself preggie, sorry to say I was really horrified. It happened too soon after our marriage, so we were both unprepared &amp; in shock, hahaha. Very sad to say I didn't feel much love for my bb then. Poor bb.

Then after seeing bb in scans &amp; feeling the movements, I'm starting to look forward to my bb. Nowadays I get worried &amp; a bit paranoid if my bb didn't move. Like yesterday evening till this morning, I could hardly feel my bb move. So worried abt my bb.

Are yr bb movements strong nowadays? Mine still very light, like feathers tickling the tummy inside.

Hi SP

Different bbs move differently, so it is hard to compare. For mine, my bb really changed alot since 2 weeks ago. Everytime she is awake, she will really move alot in my tummy... so much that my hubby scare the umbilical cord will be entangled to her neck... so playful... hope I won't have a hard time taking care of her when she is out
happy.gif

mornig ladies
for me this little rascal really doing stunts inside me... turn here n there... even the gyn comment that he is hyper active.... HEAdache.....lucky my studies ending b4 birth... otherwise me die liao.....

he very diff from the other 2

morning ladies, mine kicks and knocks every now &amp; then, especially from evening time onwards.

sheris, thanx for sharing the info on nursing bra. i bgt from sorella when i had my #1, it was ok, about S$20+ each. as i only BF for 2wks, i discarded them away
sad.gif

SP, dun worry, perhaps ur bb will move more often 1-2 wks later. i read that our babies are near 1kg now, so exciting
happy.gif
. the bad news is, as we r all approaching the 3rd trimester, it means our wt gain will be faster
sad.gif

lkf, u do not wake bb up for feed if bb is sleeping. bb will automatically sound the alarm like what sheris said when he/she is hungry or for other reasons like wet, colic or poo.

shirley, i hv yet to find names for my boy.

ladies, i heard from the news on tv few days ago that the MOH is banning "jing feng san" - a powdery Chinese medicinal substance to be fed into bb's mouth to prevent fright. anyway, i also feel that we should not feed bb with such things.

tomatoes, sheris, bichon, think u all hv very active bb! Hmm, my mum likes to ask me, how is my bb? I always tell her, bb is lazy &amp; sleepy like me, hardly move. Must be my bad influence.
sad.gif

Have u all informed yr boss?

I don't know how to tell my boss, so until now still haven't informed him. I'm kind of like waiting for him to notice, but so far he still hasn't said anything.
crazy.gif

thanks sheris and bichon, I still lotsa to learn from you two on bf.

SP

i think ur bb will move more in 1, 2 wks time. coz mine also like very lazy &amp; sleepy initally. He can be so quiet tat i become very scare :p. now har, he can even punch me when i am working.

Back