(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

adora, cannot see leh
sad.gif

von
stretch marks on breast too? woah... pei fu.

dunno
heh heh, you know what, when people ask me where i'm giving birth and when i reply KKH, most of the people telling me how bad the place/service is. some of the proactive ones, recommended and even book their gynae in other hospitals for me, which i have to do one-by-one reject. To look at this way, KKH delivers more than 30% of total number of babies which is more than 15% than the rest of the maternity hospitals (such as Mt A & TMC), of course there's are bound to have more good AND bad stories.

Personally, so far so good, the only thing i can complain is the long waiting queues (for appointments) and parking fees.

Serene
haha, yah, i agree with you, so many different feelings. hubby keep asking 'how is it like', i have problems describing them so that he can 'visualise'.

BF positions:
Hope these sites are useful
happy.gif

(FAQ: How do i position my baby to breastfeed)
http://lalecheleague.org/FAQ/positioning.html

(Breastfeeding Position Photos)
http://pregnancy.about.com/library/breast/blbreastpositions.htm

jane, huh? no pei fu lah actually already hv before preggie but now seems to get worst n moreover a lot of those veins also...scary man

thk u for the info
happy.gif

adora
can't c picture :p
So, the nipple shield works
happy.gif
Good. bb more fretful at night, how come?

von
oh yah hor, tmr your temp gal comes in.

work:
ha, me just warned supervisor that i might not be able to finish the pile of work given to me (i got another task again few minutes ago)... was told that just do whatever i can, if have to go, then 'bo bian'. i guessed once i'm gone, they just 'cursed' behind my back, something i just have to get use to.

adora, there's tis nipple corrector can use tat or not?

jane, ya lor so many things to teach her hopefully she wont come one day then dun come liao :p

dun understand y supervisor/manager dun seem to be capable enuf hor? how they manage to climb so high yet do so lil' work leh? guess we are like the snail below kenna all the shit from above...sigh...

Sorry
Tried a few times, resizing the photo.

Von
I think so...maybe i shld hav gotten the corrector instead. Where do u get that? What brand?

von
hee, because i can't imagine marks on breast... my breast had not expanded that much yet. even much, usually when we apply stretch-mark cream, we usually apply on tummy mah, and tend not to apply on breast.

yah loh. i agree with you, really wonder how they do it... and what they actually do staying so late into the night (probably just writing emails to reprimand this, arrow tasks that, matter of words)... sigh, then, all the ground people do all the work.

jane, lucky for u lor...mine expand too much till i find them too heavy now. stretch mark cream has to be applied on my breast now but too lazy to do it cos already applying nursing cream. aiyo like the whole body full of different kinds of cream buey tahan

yalor yalor my boss always step in late then go hm late purposely send out emails late at nite telling the whole world she's working very hard

Hi gals,
went out in the pm so couldn't chat with you all. Was catching up with the postings just now... read till blur.

Goodness ! the babies are all so cute !!! wish i can see my soon.

Janetan,
your gal has alot of hair ! how nice. you managed to catch her awake also...she looks very sweet.
happy.gif

Adora,
your boy looks so blissful sleeping away and his hands all stretched out. hee hee... must be enjoying his nap.
happy.gif

the pad u put on his head area is those pad that can absorb liquid one rite ? u're afraid he'll regurigitate his milk is it ? quite a gd idea. next time i'll consider doing that.

dunnoleh

yes, i did drink coconut but only twice, then i delivered.

jane tan

congrats ! jus focus in getting well first then take care of baby later.

re: breastfeeding

its tough in the beginning but will get better. my baby did not latch on very well in the beginning so i pump frequently to simulate the flow. when the flow increase, baby will latch on better when you have more milk. this is what happened to me

i logon at nite now cause i go over to mum place, lazy to bring lap top over.

hope i can help as much

Serene,
Did your friend go thru' Csection ? Normally Csection bills are higher. Also need to consider if there's other complication. If lucky, can go thru natural with epi, i think the bill should be managable.

Actually TMC 1 bedder not bad, tho' seems abit old. I visited 2 of col, both took 1 bedder. The room not too bad. If budget is not a constraint, can stick with that. More privacy and hubby can stay with you.

Since your baby engage already, should be soon.
happy.gif
Must let us know when u pop !

My EDD is 19 Jun and delivering at East Shore.

Jane,
cold cabbage is for engorgement. must be careful in using it cos it will also reduce milk supply.

Dunno,
I think it's not a must to do CTG. It all depends on your situation. I'm doing it cos gynae want to assess if it's alrite for me to go past my EDD if bb hasn't pop by then.

CTG should be chargable. Nothing is for free one....

I might start my leave next week lor. will decide after the visit to my gynae next week.

von,
hai yo, better not scratch ah, if not make it worse. must tahan ! put more cream and take cold shower. will help with the itch.

gynae nvr measure her foot leh. she just print out the photo for me.

same here, these days she move her feet, can see a small bump moving from 1 side to another side. i say stroke it then after awhile will disappear already hee hee ...

i also poo poo more often these days ley. think it's nature's way of clearing our system before we go and give birth hee hee
lame.gif

Janetan,
Ya it's true that BF could be more challenging than those who went thru natural birth. But definitely can be done. My col had Csection but she managed to BF her bb for a long time, even after she go back to work. so most imptly, is you must hang on and perserve.

Adora,
gd to hear that the nipple shield works. if next time i encounter sore nipples, i'll use that also.

Ok gals, gg to call it a nite liow. feeling sleepy.
kao_yawn.gif
kao_sleep.gif

chat with you all again tomorrow.
kao_happy.gif

von,
hope u can quickly handover to the temp gal then can come in and chat also hee hee ...
kao_biggrin.gif

adora, baby is so adorable! also alot of hair. : )

dunno, mine is just stitch on top. thank God! the bottom not cut or tear yet, if not, i can die of pain everywhere...

von and the rest delivering at TMC, don't be scared. My friends who delivered there has no problem so far. maybe it's just labour room 3 that has problem with old furniture. hopefully you all don't kena that room.

good news! i see a few drops of milk liao!! after massaging with real hot towel as the breasts are engorged and then squeezing the aerola and nipples! Started pumping again and could see drips of watery cloudy liquid! my first few drops of milk came! thank God!! Though only few drips, at least started... better than nothing.

will try harder. let's all encourage one another. not easy but once flow is smooth, it will be rewarding to see bb suckle. : )

juneten, thanks for your encouragement on bf. will definitely try harder...

shane, i believe your bb will also adorable! every bb is so innocent and lovable. : )

shane, i already reduce my shower temperature liao so far so good lor apply cream every nite before sleep.

hahaha...ok lah at least u can see the foot mine is folding her upwards can only see cant take pics

ohh...so it's norm huh? im tinking if dilate means front n behind boh cos i also passed out air very easily

talking abt the temp...most likely i wont be able to log in liao lor cos the spare pc dun hv the software so unfortunately she has to be at my work station unless maybe lunchtime see can pop in or not.

jane tan, in fact tmc has a couple of new rooms i find them alrite lor but i tink just for awhile nvm lah as long as ward is ok can liao

289791.gif
so happy for you...see got milk liao..kekeke...no worry n relax ur mind u surely hv more than enuf milk for ur bb. btw i show my hb ur gal's pic he said she very sweet..kekeke...think he cant wait for my gal's arrival liao but too bad she like playing hide n seek leh last nite got contractions but me too tired to wake up n calculate

gals...me hasnt been sleeping well, a lot of dreams n surely will wake up at a certain timing n look ard the room, then after tat cant sleep liao...by the time want to sleep need to go toilet...sigh...

adora, saw ur bb's pic liao...wow...so soundly asleep...kekeke...like wat mrs wong said all the bbs prefer to hv their hands up

Jane Tan
Good to hear your good news on the first drops of milk! Keep it up!

shane
yah, sometimes can see the bb's foot @ upper abdomen. hubby was tempted to use a marker and outline it.

Cabbage:
Was thinking of it when Jane Tan mentioned about engorgement yesterday, but couldn't remember the use of it, so, i asked first before i dare to suggest. But, didn't know it also reduces milk flow... that's mean we have to use it only when necessary.

Jane Tan,
Yr gal is so cute & chubby! It must be so comforting to watch her & will forget all the pain u gone thru..

good yr milk is in! u must start to latch on bb more often & soon u will hve regular milk supply..u r almost there so hang on there!

Adora,
yr little boy is sleeping so peacefully...so cute!!!

so the nipple shield works...thats good at least u can continue yr BF & hopefully once supply is stable u can express & feed via bottle...i tried tat couple of times alrdy...only setback is bb got nipple confusion..after feeding bottle it takes longer to latch her on as she seems to be confused with the way of suckling nipple & bottle...

Brenda had her first cranky nite yesterday...dunno y feed her alrdy but only doze off 15mins then wake up again...me & my mum tried so hard to "hong" her to sleep... we stayed up from 1am to almost 6am before she finally goes to sleep..."sigh" only manage to catch some sleep after tat...taking care bb really tough so scare she like tat every night dun think i can take it...so tiring

Adora, yr baby lok like u more or hubby more?

Think I gg buy nipple shield aso any brand 2 recommend?

Jane I didnt say KKH is not gd. Is when I go interview, the interviewer tell me hw bad the nurses and doctors are.

I aso poo poo 2-3 times a day keke.
My breast aso didnt enlarge alot lah jus now very itchy whenever sweat

Jane Tan ya u lucky some pp I heard bottom and tummy all got cut and got 2 stay in hospital for a week!

I now 9 time always wake dunno y leh not coz baby kick or wat jus cant sleep dunno isit I m waiting for my baby 2 come out. Any of u aso like tat?

hi ladies,
i think we all "suffer" from the same predicament; poo afew times aday and wake up at strange hours at night without reasons.

i had my weekly check up this morning. Dr said no sign of cervic dilution at all, hence unlikely will be soon. my bb is very notti, thot she was in "ready" position; ie head down and face in, but this morning the scan showed that she has turned to face outwards which is not a good position for natural delivery. must coat her to turn back!

Milly, JaneTan & adora... really not easier being mummy..

dunno
no worries
happy.gif
. I'm not saying kkh is gd or not too, because i have not gone thru the whole suite of services myself.
Just that i'm getting a bit tired handling good-willed friends who nagged at me on my choice and took initiative to try to change my mind by force. however, i'm surprised even their own staff is telling you how bad their own employees are, sigh.

Sleeping: Stayed up for extra 2 hours last night, couldn't sleep, but couldn't explain what's going on (as below):
Have this 'knocking' (or bubbling feeling) again + bb shifting to the extreme right
+ bb pushes herself downwards (assume is stretching exercise) but this causes pain below the pelvic bone with tightening on upper abdomen. This happens like every 10-15 minutes and stopped after about 1 hour (duration of 2 cartoons). So meanwhile, kept doing breathing exercise. Guess is another braxton Hicks contractions or maybe stomach upset (which i doubt so), something new and different experience.

Cherry yr due date is 24June05? Think our due date very near.

I aso hv no sign of dilation & contraction

As for baby position I dunno is faced up or down jus know my gynae said is engaged till she could only c from nose onwards and my baby did not gain much weight from last visit. On 36W6D it weighs only 3150g. 35W4D it weighs 3Kg. I going to do another check this coming sat hope my gynae can tell me more.

My thigh joint is so painful so cannot open leg wide haha. Now sleep cannot raise leg 2 high coz stretch 2 high pain aso. Dunno y so pain
sad.gif

cherry
Head down is already a good position. baby will still to rotate (turning face in or out), you still have about 2 more weeks to EDD
happy.gif
bb has not engaged yet?

Von, yes face out can still have natural delivery just that there may be some complications like terrible back ache etc..

dunnoleh,
ya.. my bb at wk37.6 has the same weight as last week's check up. she is around 3.24kg, but the nurse said that this does not mean the bb is not growing as the scan can only show a rough estimated weight which is +/- 200gm.

i also have another check up this Sat, becos the gyane going to be away for afew days thereafter. I told him about the heavier watery discharge and he just wanted to make sure that i am alright before he leaves. hopefully i will not delivery while he is gone. :p

my thights are red and swollen.. i think my weigh gain of about 1.4kg over one week could be due to water retention.

Jane, i didn't asked if bb engaged. Although i did asked if bb has gone further south and the answer was "NO"...

Gynae kept saying that after his checks, he think it is unlikely i will deliver so soon. Looks like i may go to full term.

Janetan,
gong xi gong xi ! ur hard work paid off ! finally got some results. just keep it up, the flow will be better as days pass.

jane,
ha ha outline the foot on ur tummy ? then ur tummy got a foot drawing ley hee hee ... ur hubby also joker ....

gals,
i also have been waking up at nite to go to toilet then falling asleep after that is very difficult. so frustrating. maybe mother nature is training us for our motherhoon duty... ha ha ...

Most of your babies all 3kg+ hor. My little gal only 2.7kg. Gynae say est weight. might be 3kg when she arrives, hopefully, so that it's easier to look after her.

cherry,
I might go full term as well. no sigh of any action, gynae also say not so soon. tt y i have go on ctg to see if everything is well and can go past my edd or not.

actually getting abit tired of the heavy tummy already. sometimes i wish can get over with it. but the moment she's out, it will be tough nites all the way.

asked my silly hubby if he wants to see bb soon, he say next week. this week he still 1 2 enjoy his weekend !!! ha ha ...

milly,
i thinki most bbs go thru' such crankiness once in awhile. seems quite common from wat i read fm the other thread.

it's tough hor. sigh, can't imagine when it's my turn. i'm so afraid i can't tahan bb's crying. maybe will end up crying with her ! ha ha ....

von,
so how's the temp gal getting along ? huh, u need to use ur pc ah ... sien lor, then u can't chat with us ....

anyway hope ur handover to her will be smooth then u no need to worry abt ur work liow.

hey, i also have been passing out air easily... and my hubby will always laugh ha ha ....

cherry
then, not so bad if going to full term, most probably you can wait until the gynae's back and baby to turn to face inwards.

Yah, heard that babies face outwards will resulted 'back labour', i.e. more painful than those facing inwards... (but less painful than beech babies)

Shane
yes, he nearly did that, i stopped him, else i have a hard time trying to wash it off. so for nowadays when he sees the 'foot', he will try to 'tickle' it, bb seems to enjoying it.. *shake head*

haha, looks like your hubby is choosing his dates too. We are aiming for father's day, dunno whether bb will cooperate.

jane tan, really happy for you that your efforts are paid off.. thumbs up for all BF mummy
kao_clap.gif

shane & jane, same here my boy's always giving me a high 5 or high leg.. but i cant really diff whether that's his hands or feet.. anyway its a amazing feeling to be able to touch our baby..

dunnoleh, finally i found someone who is having the same prob as me.. my thigh joint hurts so much too that i am having difficulty sleeping at night & my hubby says i look like humpty dumpty when i walk .. notti hubby..!!!

Well gals, i guess its kinda emotionally tough during this waiting period.. many questions going in our brains when will our precious ones be coming out.. So glad that we are in this forum whereby we can give each other comfort & support !!!
kao_happy.gif

Serene ya is nice that hv some1 hv same symptoms.
My hubby said I lok like doremo now. Sigh!
Watever symptoms I have I got ask gynae and she said is normal. I think I have too much water retention as seems like I m the only one that has hand numb.

jane,
Fathers' Day is my EDD. Was telling hubby maybe she'll choose to come out then to be a pressie to her daddy. If that's wat she has in mind, then i'll still have 1 wk+ to go and my hubby can enjoy his precious weekend. He wants to enjoy a last game of mahjong with his kakis before bb arrives. ha ha ...

serene,
my bb too. like to move her feet from right to left. sometimes quite painful. last time i also don't know if it's feet or hand but after scaning i'll ask gynae for bb's positioning, so now i know where her hands and feet are.

ya, we're all in this waiting period. i just hope it'll happen soon. me don't 1 2 be induced !!! i think it's more painful.

dunno,
i also getting bad water rentention these days. but no numbness yet. only if i rest my leg or hands in a certain position for too long then they'll get numb ...

dunnoleh.. haha.. doremo ..!! our hubby's imagination really varies.. they so bad to tease us.. not forgetting we carrying their little precious ones in us..

I dun have hand numb but my hand do hurts alittle whenever i close my fingers.. guess could be due to water retention too.. as i drink alot of water.. weather really too hot!!!

I told my gynae too.. but he said these symptons are all normal .. he even ask me if i wana jab for pain relief at the thigh joint .. but i din take coz its still quite bearable.. training myself for the pain endurance.. i din opt of epudirual also.. hopefully i can tahan all the way..

hi shane, wow.ur bb really noe hw to choose date huh.. father's day leh.. if really come out tat day will be the biggest present for your hubby.

wow if tats the bb leg our bb muz be having alot of fun kicking inside our womb.. yess... sometimes the kick do gets quite painful..den i scold him notti boy.. make mummy pain pain... he seems to be able to understand & will stop after tat..hahaa..

my EDD is on the 15 jun but my wedding anniversary is on the 12 jun so we are also aiming for this date too... i dun wana induced too .. coz i prefer him to come naturally.. but my hubby is also a overdue baby 43 weeks.. so we are keeping our finger's cross he not b like his daddy..
kao_scared.gif

I hv been thinking quite some time for using or not using epidural. Saw few pp here really can give birth w no epidural really Brave. My col told me no pt suffering 10+ hrs then ask epidural for help which is aso logical lah me still dilema leh dunno wan epidural or not.
Serene I aso hope my baby pop on my 4th wedding anniversary which is on the 16 my due date is 25 but gynae said most prob overdue leh...

my lower tummy start knock knock again keke human really amazing even gynae dunno wats happening said many times happen at Uterus at this moment
Von really bz liao leh no sound one keke

serene, dunno,
haha, yah loh, hubbies does have a way to tease us when we are having our tough time carrying the little ones. my hubby compared me with the penguins, and make funny noises for each step i waddled across the car park sometimes.

i getting water retention too (having difficulty removing my ring this morning!).
to the extent of numbness, not yet for me. numbess on tummy, yes.

serene,
ya lor but will be more meaninful if 3 days later cos tt will be our wedding anniversary. but if tt's the case means i got to go pass full term. and if that happens bb wouldn't share same zodiac sign with her daddy. anyway all up to her, c when she happy to come out.

i beat her backside when she makes me painful hee hee
kao_biggrin.gif

are u on ML now ? or still working ?

btw, i'll add you to our list ok ?

dunnoleh.. ya same here many of my friends and colleagues told me the same thing too .. they say the real painful contractions comes when we are abt to deliver the baby.. so if can tahan till then den no point taking the epidural.
I am juz keeping my fingers crossed.. thanks to the many encouragement given to me by my colleagues .. they are all rooting for me behind haha...

Wow.. EDD 25 & wedding anni 16 is quite a achievable date.. try talking to your bb more and tell ur bb to come out on tat date.. dunno true or not .. but my sis tried talking to her first born to come out on national day 13 days before her EDD & bb really comes out on tat day.. Amazing!! So we both can try la.. no harm hahaa...

looks like our hubbies all quite joker. but at least they make us laugh .. can make us feel happier....

dunno,
wah, u married 4 yrs liow ah ... gd lah, time to have bb ... hee hee ...

i'm adopting a try to tahan mentality. If can tahan then try not to have epi, but if fighting against the pain is causing slow dilation or making me to be very uncomfortable, i'll have epi. want to try to enjoy the birth process as much as possible.

hi shane, sure why not .. anyway i am new to this forum dun really noe my way around here.. except to post message ..hee...
embarrassed.gif

Wow, u mean u noe where's her backside too..looks like i muz find out where's my notti boy's bum bum too.. 3 days past full term should be alrite .. but yeah lo.. agree wif you c when they happi den they come out lol..

Ya i am currently on ML nw.. infact i took a early ML coz doc advise to go rest early .. too stress & overwork haha...!! In fact i have ardy stayed home for the past 1 month.. Can u imagine the impatience i am feeling nw .. waiting & waiting.. luckily at times still have some mj kaki's to accompany me ..if not sure die of boredom hmmmm... wat to do ..no choice ...have to wait ..

Ya agree, our hubbies really taking the opportunity to disturb us now..

haha so we have a humpty dumpty, doremo & penguine here..any more to the list??

Back