(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

<font color="ff0000">Takashimaya Baby Fair 9 Aug to 27 Aug</font>

<font color="0000ff">adora</font> I think we can check out the Espino Pyjamas at the fair. Last year I bought 1 set at $6.90 instead of the usual $10.90.

bbrooster,
where u staying?sure..no prob...must let mi noe early..then i dun bring Ryan to my mil's plc..keke...

got bb fair ah??i wan to go leh...but i think is Glayz who wans to buy espino pyjamas leh..

adora,
ya lor..no choice lah..cos my hb dunno how to bathe him...initially i scared tt i will fell down when i carry him out fr the bathtub..but now ok liao...i sort of enjoying bathing him...

serrich,
my bb tt time oso cant see gender..i oni noe the gender when i went for my detailed scanning leh...
hows sherilyn now?hope she is better...

Sorry ah, i have to read back the postings since Mon before i put down my comments

<font color="ff0000">Baby Safety Gate</font>
Tang Ling &amp; Anns, thanks for your suggestion, i bot the Lucky Baby metal gate during the 1 day John Little Private Sale on Wed. Got 20% off. Grab and go becos there were so many people q'ing up to get in. My "little monkie" was hands and legs over it the min. my hubby installed it. Now i understand why the metal gate is "safer".

<font color="ff0000">Taka Toy Fair</font>
Forgetmenot, i bot the basketball set ( stand with a ball) as well as a colourful tent for Jay. He was so happy and learnt how to "slam dunk"after i demo once to him.

<font color="ff0000">Taka Baby Fair</font>
Bbrooster, really the sale is back again?? oh no, time to burn our pockets again. I found this baby shop at Arcade, they sell Pooh and Mickey Mouse baby cotton pyjamas at $6(a set) , very cheap but too bad, designs are meant more for boys

<font color="ff0000">Playmat</font>
Jennise, i have the same mat as Bbrooster, bot during the bulk purchase as well.Err..don't know whether we are "choi lor" but there are quite a couple of tears on the mat already..so heartache becos it's really not cheap but probably i don't keep it and lay in on the floor most of the time.

Mckee,
Does my vote still counts?
I'll opt for a CL as well unless your maid is really dynamic and accountable. At least, there is an extra pair of hands. With 2 kids in the same house, it's really no joke. You wouldn't want to tired yourself out, esp during confinement.

<font color="ff0000">Wholemeal Flour</font>
I try to find at NTUC and also Seng Siong too but they don't seems to carry it? It's Prima brand? I only saw HK flour,Self-raising,Plain, etc but not wholemeal! The only brand i can locate is organic wholemeal flour which cost $2.70 per pack.

Tang Ling, i'll be trying out cranberry pancakes and steamed egg tomorrow
happy.gif

Serrich,
so you hoping for a "boy-boy", i presume?

<font color="ff0000">Sat's Outing</font>
Cancelled too?

<font color="ff0000">Violent Baby</font>
Never underestimate the strength of your child. This evening at my MIL's, Jay just tossed a remote control into my face and injured my eye..it was really painful.

I was groaning in pain but he started crying instead and refuse to "acknowledge" that he has hurted me.
When he reached home, while playing, he use "tia tou gong"and slammed his whole head onto my face again. This time, my lips were cut and it bled.

When we asked him "who is naughty"?? ( he will usually use his palm to pat his chest) and he uses his palm to pat MY chest instead ( faint!)
crazy.gif

<font color="119911">Funshine Cup</font>

How did you train your kid to use the cup.
I bot 2 for Jay but he kept biting the straw instead of sucking.
I use the adult straw as well as the vitagen straw to train him but he still doesn't get the hang of it?

<font color="0000ff">jaymom</font>
welcome back to the forum. hope everything is fine at home.

i think my info regarding the Taka Baby Fair should be quite 'chun'. i also recalled they just had a baby fair earlier this year.

the pyjamas you talking about are they long sleeve? i am looking for long sleeve and long pants pyjamas.

the mag mag cup i just let joelle suck. she could suck the water but she can't control the amount of water in the beginning. cannot coordinate sucking and swallowing so alot spill out. but after a few days of practice she mastered it. nevermind continue to let jay try and try.

Gates
I do not know SG's safety gates is coated with paint or plastic. My hubby said the metal gate we used is coated with plastic material, not paint spray, so its very difficult to comes off.

I read this from a mummy's blog and find it amusing. Sharing with you how's kids think.

<font color="ff0000">Kid's Talk</font>
JACK (age 3) was watching his Mom breast-feeding his new baby sister. After a while he asked: "Mom why have you got two? Is one for hot and one for cold milk?"

MELANIE (age 5) asked her Granny how old she was. Granny replied she was so old she didn't remember any more. Melanie said, "If you don't remember you must look in the back of your panties. Mine say five to six."

STEVEN (age 3) hugged and kissed his Mom goodnight. "I love you so much, that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window."

BRITTANY (age 4) had an earache and wanted a painkiller. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a childproof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with wonder, the little girl asked: "How does it know it's me?

SUSAN (age 4) was drinking juice when she got the hiccups. "Please don't give me this juice again," she said, "It makes my teeth cough."

D I (age 4) stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked: "How much do I cost?"

MARC (age 4) was engrossed in a young couple that were hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad:
"Why is he whispering in her mouth?"

CLINTON (age 5) was in his bedroom looking worried. When his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, "I don't know what'll happen with
this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in?"

JAMES (age 4) was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his
wife looked back and was turned to salt." Concerned, James asked: "What happened to the flea?"

TAMMY (age 4) was with her mother when they met an elderly, rather wrinkled woman her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for awhile and then
asked, "Why doesn't your skin fit your face?

<font color="ff6000">Jaymom,</font>
<font color="0000ff">Baby Safety Gate:</font> You are welcome.
happy.gif
Hehe. I can imagine Jay climbing up the gate. Yah, JJ loves to climb it too.

<font color="0000ff">Wholemeal flour:</font> The Prima brand comes in 500g pkt. But I bought the Organic Wholemeal flour 1kg pkt this is better since price is not much difference from non-organic anyway.

<font color="0000ff">Cooking:</font> Wah, you are trying cranberry pancakes! Let us know how is it.

<font color="0000ff">Bull strength:</font> Oh yes, JJ has enormous strength too! Since he was old enough to know how to grab things, we experienced his strength. When his iron head hits my hbs mouth, he would get ulcers. His hands would be holding something and suddenly it got flinked out of his hands wah, REALLY painful. Got it several times already.
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Funshine cup:</font> JJ also bites the straw at the beginning. I keep giving him the cup and do the sucking act with my mouth. Just keep letting him try.
Oh yes, after he knows how to suck, he would suck and suck and spill out from his mouth. What I did was to tell him to suck and swallow the water, that if he doesnt want to drink, dont suck the water. It took him a few days to get the hang of it, though he still does that occasionally.
Just note that when he drinks, place a towel below his mouth to catch the spilled out water otherwise all wet liao.

magmag cup
today just got my magmag cup... I think ian treat it as another toy. He bite the straw, shakes, throw on floor, unclip the cap and clip again..etc. I show him a few times to suck, just hope he can figure out himself then. :p

<font color="ff6000">Anns,</font>
The kids' clips are so funny. Hehe.
Ian would get the hang of sucking from the MagMag cup after a few times.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Sat Outing</font>
Also cancelled due to poor response. We would arrange another time.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">anns</font>
the Dr Spock website is pretty good. i enjoyed reading the related topics. and the clips some are really funny. children are so innocently cute.

bbrooster
Really? Taka bb fair is back? ok I will check it out...maybe can get some stuff for my gal gal as well...hee hee...KS mummy!

Anns
Wow Ian so clever...can open n close the cap...it is quoye tight wor. Raph also loves to play with his mag mag cup but once he start doing tat I will 'snatch' it away from him as it shows he drank enuf!

Swimming
Raph has finally overcome his fear...even sit in his float to pose a pic!

475073.jpg

Mag Mag Cup
Sky is now using the mag mag cup at home (mum place got another straw drinking cup so decide that Mag Mag to be use by mummy...) So far had realise....he is drinking more water than usual as he will just reach for the cup and starts drinking....but he will be very breathless after each drink. Dun know why but he take longggggg sip.

Cooking
Attempted to cook today...But as HB refuse to cooperate...was tending to his birds more than Shy.....Mummy din really notice and cut my left thumb.......the cut was very deep...and blood was ooshing out till i feel very faint...
No choice but to ask my mum to "collect" sky as mummy had no way to carry him without pressing on my wound. he is a major sticker when it comes to mummy and him alone....

Anns
Dun worry...Ian will figure a way to drink from straw. Sky used to bite as well...but somehow I think he start to blow and later sucks with the straw....and then he became a straw expert liao.... began to come to us when we had flavoured drinks....made a mess today by squeezing the packet of milo which my sis was helping me to hold....becos he knows that packet was mummy's.....

Btw, Ian very smart to clip and unclip....
Sky only knows how to unclip..when he attempt to clip he would be halfway thru then he letgo and the cap will flew open again....

Jaymom,
wow....Jay noes how to slamduck ah??the basketball one looks interesting leh...
oh dear...ur injuries seems quite bad leh..
actually i realised tt sometimes they did not noe tt they are hurting us leh...

adora,
hehe..u not KS lah..i oso thinkg of gng to taka fair to get some things for my girl...but actually not much things to buy..cos most are hands down one..

Re:funshine cup n mag mag cup
i try drinkg fr both cup...funshine cup actually is abit more difficult to suck..cos think it got this anti-spill thingy...

as for mag mag..is it vv easy to suck..n even if u dun suck,u just tilt the cup,water will just flow into the mouth...

n btw..my rough Ryan broke the cover of the mag mag cup...haiz...
n i realised tt if he used funshine cup..he will be abit breathless aft drinkg the water..but for mag mag..sometimes he will suck too much water n get choke...

Drinking
Haha...think ryan must learn to control his "li Dao" by recognising the cups....nvm...mine also choke quite a lot as he take looonnnngggg sip....only stop when i pull the cup away....

Adora and Forgetmenot
Both of u not KS...Me worse....not even preggie(still in TTc precess) but bought new slpsuit for #2 liao... @@

some pics of Ryan to share with u gals..
475216.jpg

1st time seeing bubbles..so smiling so silly...

475217.jpg

hmm..wondering wats he is holding in his hand...

Fushine vs magmag cup
Fushine cup won't leak? I saw magmag keeps leaking. His clothes always wet after that.
sad.gif
Ian of course cannot clip close tightly the cap.. paisay leh, he only knows how to close the cap by just pushing down. :p Maybe like Sky do.

Strange behavior
Recently Ian keeps knocking his head against wall/crib/floor. The more I ask him don't do that, the more he will do so I choose to ignore and hope he will find it boring and stop doing it again. Does this happen to any of you?

Strange behavior
Mine keep pretending to fall.....sometimes he will walk veri fast..then purpoely lose balance to fall. I learn to differentiate the real and fake falls.... when I tell him to be careful, he falls even more. Whenever we scold him will use his palms to hit his head.....So when we say no and pain pain, he will do it in front of u a couple more times purposely...

hi all,
busy for the past few weeks so never did login and check the threads... probably missing on alot of fun here...

Mummies outing...
hope I can join you all for the next outing...was not free for these 2 outings...

Strange behaviour
Yup, Aeron also likes to knock his head against the wall... I also told him not to do it but he still will do it and he actually dun find it painful??

Violent Behaviour
Jaymom, reading the way you describes Jay using his "tie tou gong" shows that your boy got big big strength... my Aeron also does that to me sometimes but majority of the times he uses his tie tou gong on his father... I can really understand how painful it was...
just hope they will outgrown those antics soon....

Breastfeeding
For those of you still breastfeeding, do you eat raw food like sashimi etc... I know when we are pregnant we are to steer clear of these but if we are breastfeeding, we can eat??? long time never eat raw food so thinking of eating...

<font color="ff6000">Anns,</font>
<font color="0000ff">MagMag vs Funshine cup:</font> I have not used the MagMag cup before, only the Funshine cup. Yes, it is anti-spill. I think it works by not letting water get into the straw unless the bb sucks. But if there is some water in the straw and JJ decides to throw the Funshine cup on the floor, the water in the straw would be emptied out on the floor. Water spillage stops there though, so it is good damage control. Hehe.

<font color="ff6000">Forgetmenot,</font>
Ryan looks so cute smiling at the bubbles so innocent smile.
happy.gif
He stills looks so pinchable. Hehe.

<font color="0000ff">Blueberry Muffins</font>
Finally got the blueberries and made the muffins - yummy!
475652.jpg

tangling,
yummilicious looking muffins! did u use the mini muffin liners? looks very cute, where did u get them from? did u manage to get any good deals from the taka fair?

kiami,
by the time adelle was abt 7 months, i get bo chap already :p i eat / drink most things except for hard liquor and unsuitable medicine. ate sashimi immediately after my confinement! hehe also ate strong smelling stuff like durian and petai...luckily she din reject the milk then!

anns
haven't seen the toy before. looks really fun tho

<font color="ff6000">Kiami,</font>
Actually you have not missed out anything on the outings, because both were postponed due to low attendence. Most of us ran into unforseen circumstances and were not able to make it. Oh well, another time.
Thanks for the compliments on the muffins.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Ixorrared,</font>
Hehe, those were actually petite four liners! Couldn't get the 3.5mm type that I used the last time, and these were so small. Tried it anyway and it turns out ok. Now that you know they are petite four liners, you can imagine how tiny are the muffins. Hehe. I got them from Cold Storage - have not got the time to pop in to BIY yet.
Oh, last Sat went to PS, but did not manage to go to Taka. Really wanted to go get some basic wear for JJ at home and toys...

<font color="ff6000">Mckee,</font>
I tried the potato pie you posted, except that I made "potato balls" and I used toaster oven instead.
Made it twice for JJ, added in cooked veg (broccoli, spinach, pumpkin, peas) and steamed mince. Toasted for 3 mins. He loves them! Didn't have to coax him into eating them. I myself like it too - have always love mash potato + cheese.
happy.gif

Strange behavior
Only I notice today, sky used to enjoy banging his head on our body....but grandma ganna most of it....but he only do this sometimes....when he felt notti.....but he also did this when throwing a temper sometimes as well....(he bang his head into the toy basket and cry bucket...it was a hard knock...)

Durian...
Today sky face got quite a few cuts....
Actually my mum refuse to let him into the kitchen, out of anger he pull the durian on the cabinet and it hit his face....and fell...but he use his stomach to support the durian to prevent it from dropping to the floor.....(otherwise it would be his feet)and scream for help...my mum got the horror of her life to see the durian on his stomach and between the cabinet...so he suffered a few cuts on his face. Think this would make him think twice before doing anyting foolish with durians....

strange behaviour,
i noticed that Riz would pat both hands onto his forehead and head quite vigorously leh. I find it painful coz i think he did it quite hard. It's like he's beating himself up leh...Don't know where he learnt it from.. or wat he's trying to say... when i told him "No", he'll stop.. but sometimes continue doing so...

forgetmenot,
Ryan is really a big boy already! I still can rem him as a baby
happy.gif
Time flies man.

tangling,
the muffins are so cute and look very delicious! Will you happen to bake any on 12 Aug? hint hint ha ha .....

<font color="ff6000">fisherman pie</font>
I tried fisherman pie on sat. Not too bad. I myself ate it. I had too little fish so it was largely a potato pie hee hee... E ate a small bowl of it.
happy.gif

erlisa,
E is also like that. She started this quite some mths back already. She'll just use her hands and beat her head. We also don't know what she means. But recently, I tested her and asked her where her head was and she did the same action. also, when we tell her head pain pain (if she falls or doing something that will cause her to fall) then she also will do the same action. hmmm.... i guess it means head to her....
uhoh.gif

I thought my gal is the only baby who self-abuses. She also knocks her head against wall, floor and even uses her hands to slap her head. She also does free-falls on her back. She uses such tactics as a form of threat if we do not grant her what she wants.
sad.gif

Tang Ling,
Ryan is no longer pinchable..in fact he has slim down alot liao..
show u a pic when he is 4mths plus..tt time he is still abit chubby..
475914.jpg

wow...ur muffins look so yummy..i'm sure JJ enjoys them alot..
btw,ask u some stupid qns hor..when u mix the mixture..u use a mixer or u use hands to mix?then hor..how u gauge how much flour to put cos u put in ur receipe a cup of flour leh...

anns,
when Ryan wans to open his mag mag..he will throw it on the floor..hence the cvoer will open..i guess,tt's y it get spoilt now...

shane,
u made fisherman's pie ah?nice hor??i made on fri too..but this time i put minced chicken instead of fish...
then yest...i baked cheese salmon for Ryan...he quite like it...

re:self abused,
just realised tt Ryan starts knocking his head against the feature wall behind my bed yest when he is watching bb signing...dunno y he did tt...when i told him pain pain..he went n knock somemore...n this is the 1st time he did it..

<font color="ff6000">Shane,</font>
Bake muffins on 12 Aug? Why? Ohhh.... you mean PG har? ;)
Yah, will bake some for our darlings, but depends on what ingredients I manage to find then.
happy.gif

Fisherman Pie: Did you add cheese into the potato? I find that it makes a big difference to the taste. I used grated cheddar cheese.
So Esher can accept the potato-fisherman pie? Hehe. I find that it is good to intro them to both eastern &amp; western taste, so that they won't be resistant when they are older.

btw, I have another breakfast recipe (from cook book): Cheese Dreams. It is actually a cheese sandwich coated with egg and fry. Like french toasting a cheese sandwich. Would post and you can check it out for next weekend!
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Glayz,</font>
omg, durian on Sky! Even when we use our hands to hold durian has to be careful, let alone durian dropping on face and stomach! Oh dear. Hope his cuts recover nicely.

Yah hor, Ryan slimmed down. JJ also - used to have this rounded face. But Ryan's cheeks still very round and fleshy. Hehe.
JJ also have a pic like the one you posted of Ryan. JJ was 5 mths then:
475935.jpg

Muffins: I did manual mixing, using a wooden spoon. For measuring the 1 cup flour, I use a set of measuring cups. How did you measure it the last time you baked the muffins?

I have not let JJ tried the blueberry muffins yet. Would see his reaction today. Hehe.
Nowadays, he is pretty busy - walking using the walker, playing and watching TV at the same time:
475936.jpg

TangLing..
i love your muffins.. look so delicious! JJ is one lucky boy.

I am hoping to take some time off after i finish my current project (won't be until 2 or 3 months later). Perhaps than i can bring Ashley out to play with JJ and we can have a mini PG on weekday. ;)

Glayz,
Durian dropped on Sky??OMG!!..how is he now??hope the cuts are not too serious...n hope he recover soon...

Tang Ling,
JJ still look chubby to mi...in the pic which i hve posted...Ryan pulled up the shirt himself one leh...so funni...

i dun dare to let Ryan to play with the walker..cos i afraid tt he will walk too fast then fall faced down...

nowadays buey tahan him leh...keep wanting to open my kitchen cabinets..no choice...got those things to stick to my cabinets to prevent him from opening it..

u mix manually ah??but hor..wont the sugar took a long time to melt or actually no need to mix till the sugar to melt?

i think my measuring cup quite big..so i pour one big cup of flour..think is abt 250gm

Yah, JJ also pulled up his shirt himself. Still can smile at me somemore. Now, when I strip his shirt and he looks down to see his belly button, his finger will poke/dig it. Hehe.

Walker: Sometime ago, JJ also cannot control the walker. When he uses it, I have to hold him with one hand and the walker with the other, otherwise he would fall face down. Since last week, he can use it and control its speed and direction somemore. Hehe. Dunno how he figured it out, but he managed to turn it in the direction he wants. So cute.

Kitchen: You don't have a gate at the kitchen door? I have it, so JJ hangs outside the gate like behind bars. Hehe.

Muffin: I didn't mix till sugar melt. Just mix till well mixed. If sugar has to melt, the recipe would call for icing sugar. I think. So I didn't mix till sugar melt. Measuring cup standard one. 1 cup should be about 150g. Have not weighed it before. Next time I bake, I measure and let you know.

Tang Ling,
Ryan is the opp....he will look and poke his daddy's belly button..hehe...

wow......he can turn direction somemore ah??

i hve door at kitchen..but cos mine is a sliding door...n Ryan already noes how to open sliding door liao...anyway..dun think gate will work..cos he will scream n scream..

oh..isit??ok.then i shd try to make some this wk...the 1st time,i still mix n mix to try to make the sugar melt..keke...

i been to taka fair liao...but i can go there n jalan again....but this time cannot buy things...hb already gave mi red-card liao..no more toys for Ryan liao...
happy.gif

Tang Ling,
Aeron also just learnt to use his walker to walk alone but he dun noe how to turn directions yet... but already very happy he can walk with the help of the walker alone...
happy.gif

Hope both of them can walk independently soon! and catch up with the gals...

<font color="ff6000">Forgetmenot &amp; Kiami,</font>
JJ's walker can only go straight and when he wants to turn, he stand still, lift the walker up slightly and turn it in the direction he wants to go. The walker is light, so it is easy to turn for him. But when watching him do it makes me laugh - so cute. How did he ever figured that out??? Tried to video tape it, but never fast enough. Hehe.

Ryan so cute - if Dad is tickleish, he would be laughing away. Hehe.
Kitchen: but it would be dangerous for Ryan to go into the kitchen if you are cooking?

Tang Ling,
no lah..in fact daddy feel abit pain..cos he digs rather than tickle..haha...

if i hve to cook..i will get my hb to look aft him..if not i will cook when he is sleeping..or worst come to worst..i will put him in his exersaucer..n keep him occupied with food,bowls n spoons..basically anything tt i can lay my hands on...vv cham hor?

hahaha.. hey Forgetmenot &amp; Tangling, very cute pics of ur boys leh. can't help but wanna laff at it.
lol.gif

Glayz,
oh gosh, ur mum must be horrified.. nowadays our bbs are v v v itch handed.. cant stand them....

Tang Ling,
Nice cupcakes!!

Glayz
So scary!! I can't imagine your mom's shock!

Stunts
Sarah is running about and knocking into things. Not only that, she's like a wild monkey!
Climb onto my massage chair then attempt to climb onto hubby's study table!

Durian
Think he dun even remember his pain anymore....but i also got shock to see his face like scratch by cat....
Aiya din take photo...if not can post to let u all see.....

Walking independently
Sky knows how to walk liao...and getting faster and faster...omg...sometimes I wish he never learn to walk...becos he just goes to all place, use chair to barricade he will push the chair away or go under it....@@ i really need a gate...
And he trying to run now, but once he fall once he will try the weird behavior of falling over nothing...@@

Forgetmenot
Hi hi!! Nice meeting you and Ryan last week. Finally get to see Ryan and you in person. kekeke...

Tang Ling
Very, very nice cupcakes!! Sorry for didn't make it to the outing. Was super busy the whole week doin my 1st ever BP and scouting for houses. Btw, meagan also has the same walker and she's always very enthusiastic to walk using it.

Glayz
So, meeting up with u tonite around 6.30??

<font color="0000ff">Hi mummies</font>
I am in LA now. I got all your dog and bear harness with the help of anns. I met ann this afternoon. Went to shop and had dinner with her family. She invited me to her home so we had a little chit-chat and watch some video of Ian.

anns look so young like a teenager. She and her husband are so friendly and easy-going. I felt so comfortable having them to accompany me around. As for Ian, he was shy initially but warm up quickly. He's really an active and very cheerful boy.

Now I will have to think how to pack the harness.

Back