happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Congrats!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Congrats to Mich!!!

Sally, NTUC selling 2 packets for S$46.90 for both M & L size. Did your boy take CLO beside probiotics? How much is the probiotics and what's the name of it?

Congrats to Mich!!

Jenny, how come on arm huh? I hope my PD will do it on bum or thigh. Will call to check out first.. hmm..

CLO - Cord Liver Oil?

I give my kids CLO and vit C too. I'm like cowandchick, very worried whenever that's flu bugs.. will clean floor, wipe toys with dettol etc.. else, if 1 gets it, the other 2 will follow.. tiring job.

cowandchick, where you get the anti-viral/bacterial spray you use?

hi, I'm back after taking 2 days leave to see see look look on my xavier. He seems to be more daring. On his 1st day, he doesn't even feel scare. He's so engross to the toys, doesn't care abt the teacher and me. He will js play ard, maybe he knows abt this school so he doesn't feel scare. But on the 2nd day, he did cried a while after seeing me leave. But after a while, he's ok. He also goes well with the teachers. Actually I intends to take leave for today but it seems like no need liao.

Leen,
You also intend to go BJG? I heard tat we can get disc if we find 3 mummies. The childcare name is Sheffield Kidsworld at Blk 656 WDL ring rd.

Jenny, then pampers in Carrefour cheaper than NTUC. Yes he loves CLO, taking scotts emulsion n Nordic alternating each day, cos I m switching to Nordic, hence need to finish up the current scotts. GNC sells the powder form one. My PD is the liquid form. U can call Singapore Baby n Child Clinic (any branch) to ask for the name. Sorry I dun have it with me.

Hi,

Thank you for your comments on our cake, and sorry for the late reply....

The cake is a 1kg strawberry cake, sponge cake layered with sliced strawberry. The cake is $35 and the custom design is $10.

Caymon,
It is always better to empty one breast before offering the other side to the baby, but if in your case you did not get to empty one side in six hours, it may lead to engorgement or blocked duct. It may be better to practice pumping on the full side after the fist feed so that you can store EBM as well as stimulate the milk supply.

You can also check after the first feed whether you baby get any of the hind milk, which contains more fat and more filling for the baby, than the initial fore milk which is more watery. If you baby only get the fore milk, he may get hungry more frequently. To check whether he gets any hind milk, squeeze a little milk out after his feed and feel whether it feel oily on your hand. If it's oily, than you baby gets the hind milk, you can than pump out the rest of the milk from the breast and offer the other side to him on the next feed. If it's watery, than he hasn't gotten to the hind milk yet, then offer the same side to him the next feed. Whatever the case, pump the other breast and keep in the freezer.

key to successful breast feeding:
1) demand and supply, the more you feed, the more milk you produce.

2) Do not mix feed at night, this is perhaps the most common cause of low milk supply, because of lowered demand over night (probably 2-3 feeds), so supply will be lowered.

Congrats Mich!!!!

Leen

I mix my own anti-bac, anti-viral spray. I place some tea tree essential oil in a sprayer, mix with water, and spray, spray, spray!

The last time my hb was down with really bad flu, I sprayed 2 full bottles in 3 days! He thot I siao already. But I managed to keep the 3 of us safe from his bugs! Ha! to him!

I also use it on my plants! Whenever I see some fungal spots, I also spray.

My mum thinks I super paranoid, so refuses to come to my house. With small kids, better be safe than sorry, hor.

Celia,
Thanks for your advice. I am starting to feel engorgement but luckily no blocked ducts yet. But it is kinda funny to have one side full and one side empty after each feed so I also agree that I should pump the other side.

I have another problem. My baby wakes up for feed more often at night than in the day. Is it because she is treating daytime as nightime? I heard that our body will produce richer milk at night to keep baby full. Is that true? It doesn't seem to be true for my case. Sometimes, she can wake up after 1-2 hrs for milk at night whereas in daytime, the interval is usually 3hrs.

Celia,
Thanks for your advice. I am starting to feel engorgement but luckily no blocked ducts yet. But it is kinda funny to have one side full and one side empty after each feed so I also agree that I should pump the other side.

I have another problem. My baby wakes up for feed more often at night than in the day. Is it because she is treating daytime as nightime? I heard that our body will produce richer milk at night to keep baby full. Is that true? It doesn't seem to be true for my case. Sometimes, she can wake up after 1-2 hrs for milk at night whereas in daytime, the interval is usually 3hrs.

probably baby being drowsy and sleepy drank less and thus not full?

or is she too cold or to warm, i mean where she sleeps. sometimes they are uncomfortable, they wake up easily too...
happy.gif

happy.gif
* just wondering, whenever i use the pump to express out the milk, the milk in my left side doesn't seem to be easily pumped out whereas the right side has no problem. thus i need to hand express the left side after i pumped for a while. yet, when baby feeds, she has no problem emptying my left breast... any one can help me with this? my friend also experiencing the same prob...

Hi Meiling,

How much you can pump out only means how much you can pump out, it is not an indication of whether a mommy has enough/not enough milk flow. I also couldn't pump much out. With both sides, I only got 100ml even if I spent 1/2 hr per side. But Yasmin is feeding ok even till now. Actually you own hands are the most efficient tools to express out bm.

hi dsmummy,
Welcome, Yasmin was born on 16/5/2005 also in gleneagles. Gynea is Dr Tanny Chan.

Hi Caymon,

I had blocked ducts and mastitis before. Fever and pain, the worst thing for a mom to have. GP told me to pump and dump the BM, and since we had no preparation for FM, Danny rushed out to buy a small tin of formula. Yasmin took 1/2 bottle than I was fine. However the 1/2 bottle of fm caused her constipation for 9 days and we were worried sick. Now we know even with mastitis, a mommy could still BF. Better take care not to run into blocked ducts.

Yasmin was the same, she woke up every 2 hrs the first month to feed. Each baby is different so this generally isn't a problem. When you feed, does you baby latch off by himself? or do you unlatch him? Baby usually latch off by themselves when they have enough. You don't have to follow the "rules" like 20mins each side...etc. If you latch him off before his is full, then he would have to wake up more frequently.

Yes it is true that the composition in BM changes during the day, Richer in fat in the morning, more protein at night, etc. And the nutrients changes according to the requirements of the baby's development, so you can say that each day is different. That's why BM is the best thing for babies, which milk would FM copy? morning or night?

If there is any mommy who has 6 months BF experience and could volunteer 2hrs per week to answer hotline to help other mommies, pls let me know, the BMSG is looking for more volunteers to man their hotline. A volunteer would undergo training taught by a LC and the course is free.

<font color="119911">Celia,</font>
Thanks for sharing your experience.
happy.gif
Constipation for 9 days is very serious! The max no. of days my gal didn't poo is 4 days and I am already very very worried.

My bb will latch off by herself but that is usually because she dozed off already. Perhaps that is the reason why she will wake up shortly for milk again. I should just let her sleep instead of waking her up right?

Actually, my bb has the habit of latching off to rest for a while before she continue a feed. I also took the opportunity to burp her. I usually latch her for 20-30min before I see a satisfied look on her face. So if she latches off before 20min, I will encourage her to latch again. However, there were times she puke milk after latching for too long. Am I overfeeding her? Or is it just reflux?

Is it true that TBF babies do not need to drink water? We fed water to her durning 1st two weeks whenever she has hiccups but starting this week, she completely doesn't want any water. We can only wait until the hiccups go off by itself and it can take ages. Sometimes I will latch her to stop her hiccups. My 1st gal hates water since young, I am worried this 2nd one will be like jiejie. Is there anyway to encourage bb to drink more water?

<font color="ff0000">Mommies,</font>
Here is the latest chart. Sorry for not updating for a long time. Let me know if there are any mistakes or new updates.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Baby</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD>Birthday </TD></TR><TR><TD>Batman</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Xavier</TD><TD>14-Mar-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cowandchick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Colin</TD><TD>05-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bloom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Simei</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Clara</TD><TD>05-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dsmummy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Xavier</TD><TD>05-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Purplebear</TD><TD>PTWM</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Anthea</TD><TD>05-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sallyngsj</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Akinesh</TD><TD>09-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zu</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Adam</TD><TD>10-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Yasmine</TD><TD>13-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Light</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>13-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol </TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Zion/Tiong Bahru</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>14-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celia</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Yasmin</TD><TD>16-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny Hong</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Jurong </TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>17-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meiling</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Leroy </TD><TD>20-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mich</TD><TD></TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>22-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Caymom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Caydence</TD><TD>25-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>San</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Denyce</TD><TD>29-May-05 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessica</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ellieby</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Reb</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks for the table, Caymom. Now I can see it all in one go. Don't have to keep scrolling up and down. So dizzy.

Hi dsmummy. Our kids same day! Mine was delivered at Mount Alvernia! What's your ds doing now? I put mine in cc to spend more time with my older girl who's 10 yrs now.

Celia and Danny
I breastfed my girl for 7 months and my boy for 18 months. Would like to volunteer at BMSG. In fact, I have called on their hotline twice to seek advice when I was bf my older girl.
What does the work entail? Do I need to be away from the house very often? I am SAHM without maid, so need to look after my two kids.
Would appreciate more info. Thanks!

dsmummy, welcome.

Wow Caymom, thanks for the update. Pai sei lei, u doing confinement, still help to update. Ya according to PD, TBF dun need water. But hor, better feed water if u can cos to make them into habit of drinking water. I have a hard time making my boi drink water initially.

Hi Caymon,

Yasmin also dozed off during the first month. You may need to unwrap her during feed, so she doesn't feel too cozy and doze off, or you can tickle her chin to get her to suckle longer. Just make sure the latch is correct so she is getting milk. She is supposed to have the areola in her mouth, not just the nipple.

Yes TBF babies are supposed not to need extra water because the fore milk is for quenching thirst and hind milk for nutrients, but we also gave a bit. Interestingly TBF babies are not supposed to need burping, but we did it anyway. According to our PD, drinking water doesn't help stopping hiccups, it would stop in its own sweet time, but we also gave water anyway.

cowandchick,
you can register your interest to become a counsellor with BMSG at their office 6337-0508. or email to [email protected] you won't need to get out at all. All you need is volunteer 2hrs per week to answer the counselling hotline. you transfer the line to your home/mobile tel for the 2 hrs and transfer back to office afterwards. During the 2hrs, you would expect calls from mommies or daddies looking for answers on BF or just need a pair of ears to listen to their effort during those first few months of their babies life trying to bf them. It's a very moving experience. You would need to first undergo six 3-hr training sessions with a trainer. The BF counsellor community is very tight and we are like extended families to each other.

celia,
sorry, guess i better rephrase. used pump to express milk from left side, but breast still felt partially full and yet the pump is unable to express out the milk. therefore when i use my hand to squeeze, i get quite some milk.
happy.gif

so i'm slightly puzzled y this happens

caymon,
confinement must rest though so close to finishing... better make sure you are always resting against something. Have lots of rest! dun go online for too long :p kekeke...

btw, i'm a FTWM and i stay at Ubi
happy.gif

my girl's 2mths and sometimes she takes a few gulps of water, sometimes refuses to. It's gd to try & get them to drink water. Weather's too hot >_< when she starts to hiccup, that little bit of water doesn't really help so bo bian lor... just keep trying la. unless u wan to resort to making it a little sweet... but i won't encourage that
happy.gif

well, probably your girl feels 'bloated' so she stopped latching on before 20mins r up, so u shd try and burp her. sometimes i try to burp my girl after a feed but she doesn't burp and instead fell asleep. so i put her down, and after awhile she starts to squirm around, or she opens her eyes, she burps soon after i pick her up :p

Hi cowandchick,
my ds is being taken care of by my mum, together with my nephew, who is only 8 days younger (13th May 2005). Had send both of them to playground since jan 07 and they enjoy it but kept falling sick every mth. No choice, got to persit as this will build up their immune system also.
cheers

Hi all, finally got time to log in. Thanks for your well wishes... 2nd baby not faster than the first one... took same amount of time to deliver.

Water bag break about 10.30pm at night. We pack bag and go to hospital at around 11.30pm. Nurse says only 1cm dilated but since water bag break must stay in for monitoring.

Put on CTG machine at 2am and 5.30am... nurse keeps telling me the machine dun detect any contraction. But I have alot of pain in the lower abdomen area and ask for the the gas mask. So the nurse told me its just pressure, say tahan lor coz since its not contraction there is no painkiller for it. I tahan from about 3am till 8am and it was so painful.

By 8am, I was so fedup and decided I am going to insist on painkiller. The nurse came in (a different one coz chang shift liao) and check, she says going to fully dilated and ask me whether I want epi. That time so painful I say Yes Yes.

So the doctor came put on epi for me, felt much better. Then 9.30am, the nurse say get ready for pushing. Baby came out at 10.06am.

I can kill the nurse who tell me no contractions! I can't believe I went from 1cm to 10cm without painkillers... never suffer so much before.

Cowandchick, my in laws and my dh is handling no. 1 these days... I really got no energy since I keep feeding every 2.5 - 3hours... feels like baby is latched on at least 8 hours a day! I must have forgotten how tiring it is since the elder one is 2 yrs old... i was just telling my dh this is the last round I am doing...

Meiling, same experience as you... after feeding i will hand express whatever is left over... it is very little hence even PIS has trouble pumping out. But when squeeze with hand it is ok. The lac consultant tells me that is proof that baby's latching gets more milk than whatever super pump we have.

Mich,

when i had my boy, i managed to borrow an 'old-version' PIS which managed to pump out BM efficiently. too bad din managed to borrow it now cos lent to a fren with premature bb.

squeezing with the hand isn't that bad... but my br***ts feel kinda sore after that.. :p

hope to keep up my ss >_< bb girl only likes BM... formula she doesn't like....

Mich, good to see u here again! Must take care n pu now during confinement. Rest more. Meiling's gal is born on 5th April 2007. Hence abt 2 mths now.

Hi Sally, with the confinement lady around, really pu too much liao. Eat so much meat and herbs. Think I got phobia soon
happy.gif
Plus all ingredients so expensive! Burn one hole in pocket.

happy.gif

yup, gonna b 2.5mths old soon... heee... she's just so adorable :p
839368.jpg

CL,
somewhat nearer the end of my confinement, i was getting more tired cos rushing an assignment due o told my CL to cook less cos i dun have appetite... but then she also dun have much variety la.... heng i'm not picky abt food.. life still goes on la.

Meiling your little girl is so cute! How come you have an assignment to do? What course are you working on? I am getting sick of the confinement food. Too much meat, too rich... wish confinement is over soon.

Hi Mei Ling,
Your little princess look so adorable and sweet. So happy to see baby photos, makes me feel great.

oh ya, just to let you all know that pumping using breast pump is very different from using hand or direct breastfeed because the mechanism in breast pump can't really copy exactly the way the baby suck from mother's breast and hand express. the way a baby sucks on her mother's breast is more efficient in drawing out the milk that using breast pump. But i have come across some mother who change the breast pump to another brand and it works better for them. Whatever the breast pump can draw out doesn't mean that is what you have. You will have more if your latch on directly and correctly. If the latching is too long , lets say more that half hour and your breast is still full and your baby need half hourly feed or very frequent feed, it may indicate incorrect latching. Then you may need help to correct it.Hope it helps ;)

Happy breastfeeding to all the mothers ya
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Celia,</font>
I didn't wrap my bb but these days she doesn't doze off during feeding already but she seems to choke easily. I suspect my milk flow is too fast for her especially when she tends to suckle very fast and hard.

<font color="0077aa">Meiling,</font>
Your gal is so adorable!
happy.gif

My confinement is over already. Feeling more at ease now. I try to encourage my bb to drink water again, sometimes she is ok, sometimes not.

Meiling
Your girl so cute! What a pretty dress too. She's got a healthy head full of hair. That's good!

Caymom
wow, so fast, your confinement over already!

Confinement food
I actually miss confinement food. So nice! Got a caterer to send it to my home for lunch and dinner. Wanted to extend it, but my mum say I siao. Says it's too 'pu' and heaty for normal times. So sad... I really love those herbs and stuffs!

Just came back from trudging around in the botanic gardens and some forested areas, taking pics of plants and picking leaves for my girl's science project! I don't remember my mum doing my science project last time! Sigh. I'm so pooped already!

Cowandchick,
Fast meh... it was really tong ku counting down leh. I love the confinement food in hospital... a lot of variety and the taste is good. My mom doesn't know a lot of dishes and although she tried to vary the dishes, they all tasted the same to me because she uses the same way to cook.

cowandchick,
is the caterer confinement really good? Heard from friends that is only so so. Maybe ur caterer is good. Me thinking of recommending to my frds, can tell me which caterer.

Me too love confinement food also, like the fish and chicken the most, especially my mum cooked with those home made red-wine, taste real good. Even now, occassionally, she will cook for all of us to eat. But can't eat more as too heaty for us. Seems weird that during confinement, irregardless how much u eat, its never heaty.

dsmummy,
Don't know about other caterers, but I really enjoyed mine! Unfortunately, I think it's closed down! Donno why leh! It was called 'First Delight' Catering. Even my friends and mum said it was good. So sad hor.

Yah, miss confinement food so much. Eat all the herbs and stuffs and still feel alright! My mum can only cook the pig trotters in black vinegar and ginger. ok lah, but I prefer the really 'bu' kind!

cowandchick,
how tall and heavy is ur colin? How's his character?

My xavier is a very active and mischeivous boy. He's abt 13.5kg and about 90cm tall. He used to be very chubby when he was younger, now he look quite slim, maybe most of the bb fat gone due to him running about and also falling sick every mth since he attend class in Jan.

Have you start toilet training colin? Xavier is diaperless only if he's awake, still need diaper when he sleep.

Does colin talk a lot? Xavier is slow in speech, only started talking about 22mths. However he understand wat we adults are talking.

Am i "talking" too much? hehe

finally get to log onto the forum... in the middle of the night... (sigh) bo bian leh... can do such things only when kids are sleeping... hope girlgirl slp longer... then i can slp for awhile more b4 she wakes me up for a feed! :p

happy.gif
Mich,
going through teaching course, got assignments like lesson planning and designing a coursework due. but results r out and i'm happy with it! :D

happy.gif
Celia,
took a look at the clock today to see how long she feeds and it took abt 15mins. guess that is probably right.
happy.gif

but if she feeds from the bottle, she finishes in 5mins... oh, she's drinking 3oz :D my mil say she wasn't sastified with 3oz today and so mil top-up with another oz before she finally fell aslp, contented... hee...

happy.gif
caymon,
can la, just let bb drink abit, better than none. at least they know there's something else other than milk! :p

happy.gif
cowandchick,
thanks! actually got the dress 2nd hand from a mummy on the forum :D too bz with 2 kids to go out shopping for clothes for bb gal... esp when my boy can run all over the place! *imagine a mummy carrying a baby in a sling and running after a toddler! -> HORROR*

clarice hasn't had her head shaved yet. will do that only when she reaches her 4th month
happy.gif

my cousin's boy got even more hair... can't even see the scalp! she also can't believe he has that much hair, his brother didn't have thick hair a birth.

happy.gif
Food & Herbs
Get a slow cooker! Put in lots of red dates, preserved longans, and 'go qi zi' and maybe half a chix and let it cook for a long long time. it'll turn out yummy! i haven't tried it yet but see my mum cook that way, put ingredients in in the morn and by evening, the aroma is wonderful!

Confinement food must eat lots of veggies too.. but variety limited la cos some are too 'cooling'

happy.gif
Education nowadays...
now ministry advocating "Teach Less Learn More!" so got more projects to do in sch... well, gotta find things to interest our kids more and motivate them to learn isn't it?

happy.gif
Baby Pictures
sometimes when i'm out and i see cuteeee babies, so tempted to take a pic (hp with cam). last time wanted to do that so much (but didn't do) then i can look at cute cute pics when i'm expecting! kakaka.... esp during the recent motherhood fair, saw cute babies n others saw my cute bb!!! *SQueeLll...*

happy.gif
dsmummy
think as they grow older, they start to grow taller instead of chubbier. also they move around so much! my boy's also looking 'slimmer'... and getting more mischevious and loads of things... >_<
haven't weigh him yet but definitely more than 15kg and more than 90cm tall... time for me to measure his height... if he can stay still long enough..hmmm....

*paiseh for super long posting*
happy.gif

dsmummy
I must seem like a really bad mummy. I don't know how heavy Colin is nor his height! Bad, bad, bad mummy! Maybe should try to take his height and weight. But like Meiling says, if he can stay still long enough!
All I know is that he is super mischevious! Sometimes he can even pretend to 'cry' so that I will pick him up. The second I so that, he'll smile!

He used to be a late speaker, but now he can talk quite a bit. He'll even try to form short sentences. With his sister, they'll jabber non-stop! Headache!

He's also losing a bit of weight because he runs around a lot more. It's natural for kids to shed some baby fat from around 2 years.

cownchick,
seeing what u wrote reminds me of my leroy...

at times when we scold our boy, he'll either fake a cough (when he was young he tend to throw up easily when he coughs so he knows we get alittle anxious) or he'll wrinkle his face up n cry 'pitifully' n walk to his grandmother for 'comfort'.... *pengz*

sometimes he likes to 'ka-chiao' his bb sister... >_< ... haizzzz.....

just curious, when did ur boy start to speak? leroy's 25mths now n he's not talking yet...
sad.gif

Meiling, I think all toddlers know how to bully their grandparents. My girl is always bullying my in laws... ha ha. And they also dun want to discipline her. So when do you finish your NIE course and graduate?

Meiling
Can't quite remember when he started speaking, but was quite late, compared to my girl. I think he started around 22 months.

He likes to imitate our words, so we have to be very careful what we say around him. Just the other day, he found a dummy remote, and when he realised it could not turn on the TV, he shouted 'Spoiled, sh*t!' Oops!

Meiling,
wow.... ur boy is tall......
by not talking, meaning non at all or is it depending on his mood? However, I feel that boys are late boomers when it come to talking. But the moment they start to talk, its non-stop..... and mercy us mummies then
happy.gif

Does Leroy knows how to sayang his bb sister? Did you let Leroy involved in taking care of his bb sister ie. throw used diapers, help to take things to you, etc. I feel tat by involving Leroy, he will sayang his bb sister more, and also more bonding between parents
happy.gif
Juz my thoughts

Cowandchick
Xavier also like to throw temper when things dun go his way. Sometimes he will lie flat on the floor, this happen at home and outside.... me faint..... when that happens, i juz walk away and he will come running after me. His vocab is still quite limited. There are times when he try to tell me and i dun understand, he will cry. I will hold his hands and told him that mummy dun understand what you are trying to say, why dun you bring mummy to what you want instead. Sometimes it works and he will bring me to the fridge, his room or some toys. Hopefully his vocab improve me...... still lots of bb language from him and i can see that he will be a talkative boy in future...... as according to my mum, those with pointed upper lips is a talkative person.

hi Meiling,

From the timing you've taken, you can see why it is so difficult to BF. It is so much easier for babies to feed from bottles. So given the choice, they would choose bottle over the breasts. hence some babies have problem switching back to direct latch-on after being bottle-fed.

I think in general boys start talking later than girls. Most of my friends' boys aren't talking probably even after 30 months. My girl is talking around 18months.

Back