(2005/05) May 2005 Babies

Hello mommies,
Thanks for your well wishes. Yup, I popped on 9 May.
happy.gif

Sally,
Do you know what is the cost of taking the jab for Pneumococcal Disease? Thinking of bringing cay after she turns two.

Caymom, Price is S$170.00 for a jab. Polyclinic, GP or PD same price. But some PDs do charge consultation. Hence u check before go down. After two, onli one jab.

Caymom, no la cos that time I wan to let him take since he starting his playgroup so check around as veri xin tong, price so high. kekeke.

Hi all, am new to this website and forum. Hope it's ok to join in?

I am hoping to find a half-day playgroup school near Newton/ Novena/ Balestier for my gal who turned 2 last week. The place should be affordable, have ample outdoor space and play areas, nice and caring teachers, and a good curriculum.

Can trouble anyone for suggestions pl? Thanks!

Hi Ellieby, Welcome. Not sure that area lei. But i checked before in Newton, quite ex though in that area esp Newton. Learning Vision is good, the one at gentle Road or There is another one which is Montessori based, after Learning Vision at Gentle Road. Both also got playarea. Novena will be cambridge next to Novena Church.

hi mummies,
just realized got the May05 babies thread, my girl turning 2 next week. I'm thinking of searching for a weekend play group for her to attend. Any suggestion good play group around Dover/Commonthwealth/Clementi.

Hi mummies,

used to be in Apr/May/Jun thread, though not very active.
Can I join in to this thread too?
My gal, Anthea is also born on "triple 5",5/5/05.
Job:part time working mum, Location: Sengkang.
Trying to find her a playgroup near my place too as my 2nd one is coming this Jul.Any recommendations?

hello all!
long time not online to check on thread.. seems like it's rather active and busy.. so many postings to read..
CONGRATS to Caymom on the arrival of your baby. Prince or princess?
Sally, your son is so handsome! ;)

Hello
happy.gif

I'm new to this forum and hope to have more chances to pop in.

Have a baby boy named Leroy born on 20th May 2005 and a baby girl named Clarice born on 5th April 2007.

Leroy doesn't seem to show much jealousy yet but he's sometimes very cheerful around baby girl. He's very active and at times accidentally throw little pillows onto his sis or accidentally kicked a part of her. Got a spank or two so hopefully he's learning to be a little more careful around her....

Hi Meiling,

Welcome! Then you must be busy with your 2 little ones as their age gap are very close. Mine is 4 yrs old age and they sometimes can fight each other abt a particular toy. But I get to feel happy esp they are hugging each other while they sleep together.

batman, heh... yeah. it's like a warzone in the mornings when i give each a bath. but it's like an ultra slimming programme too.... haaa....

noticed Leroy would sometimes slowly edge next to his sis on the bed and then lie down next to her. We ask him to sayang (kiss) his sis at times, and once i noticed him kissing the sis when we didn't tell him to. *so sweettt...*
happy.gif

sally,

totally agree... my confinement nanny and mum said babies many years ago were easier to take care of... my mum single-handly brought up me and my 2 brothers. my confinment nanny has 6 children!!!

closer gap like in the case of me and my bros. we're much closer too... hee..

noticed ppl looking for playgroups and such... dunno leh, my boy seemed to be more independent... dun really play with kids his age. my mum said it's cos he's not speaking yet... so can't communicate...

*praying hard that he starts talking soon.....*

Hi,

We celebrated Yasmin's 2nd birthday 2 weeks ago, too busy to wish all the babies and toddlers in here Happy Birthday.

We got this wonderful cake from Crystal Jade for Yasmin with her favourite character, Elmo. For an extra fee, they could do custom design. We passed a picture to them and they put it on the cake... We got to specify the size and shape and what goes on the cake too. Our strawberry cake was fluffy and moist, and the white choco balls are kind of fun too.
819951.jpg

celia & danny,

the cake looks wonderful!!! just wondering, how do they charge for custom designs?

erm.. white choco balls? or the colourful flowery balls?

it must have been a wonderful birthday
happy.gif

i brought a cake to my boy's playgroup n the teacher n those kids that could talk sang happy birthday. heee...

meiling

Wow! Nice cake.
happy.gif

Celia,
A question on bfg. I am currently bfg my bb. Each time I will latch one side and I feed 3 hourly. That means each side is emptied 6-hrly. Do u think that will be an issue? Should I aim to latch both sides each time instead?

When I had my first gal, I will latch one side and pump the other. But this time, I am rather lazy to do so. Also, that will result in building up my EBM stock which I only intend to do so in my 3rd mth of maternity.

hi meiling, welcome... my chinese name is meiling too! gemini lady? 'cos i'm a gemini. Don't worry about this age gap. My elder boy and girl are like yours, now 6 and 4 years old. They have never fought with each other since young. In fact they are rather close. It's my youngest Yasmine that they are always arguing/fighting with, 'cos she is always disturbing them.

Hi Celia, the cake is beautifully done. How much you get it for? My girl celebrated her 2nd birthday in the hospital.. haha..'cos my sis-in-law gave birth on the same day. So we bought a small cake and celebrated 3 ladies' birthday(including my mum) in the ward. And it was also mothers' day!

hi caymom, yours should be the 7th girls out of 8 babies that I know borned this year. How's everything? Do you follow the traditions strictly?

<font color="ff0000">leen,
I'm also gemini. what is your birth date?</font>

<font color="0000ff">caymon,
For me, I usually feed both side and pump after that if bb din empty it. Yes, I agree with you as it's very tired job.</font>

tmr it's my 2nd son xavier's 1st day to school. I'm abit worried he will cry but i knw definitely will.

Do you all send you kids to enrichment courses? I'm thking of sending xavier to BGJ, hopefully see anybody wants to join and get disc...hehe..

hi batman,
it's today! U?
By the way, which school you sending your boy? You live in woodlands right? I am thinking of sending Yasmine to BGJ, but it's always full, even for trial. When are you going?

<font color="ff0000">Leen,</font>
Yah, a lot of gals this year.
happy.gif

Things are still ok. I follow traditions but not very strictly this time. Unlike the previous confinement, I bathe daily (since 5th day) and wash my hair on alternate days (after 12th day). The only thing is the bad weather. I am constantly sweating like a tap but luckily the weather can be quite cool sometimes. I also try to cool myself down by 'keeping my heart quiet' (xin jing zi ran liang)...
lol.gif
Basically, just ren ren ren.

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

<font color="0077aa">Batman,</font>
I too lazy to pump but once I feel the engorgement and leaking, bo bian lor....
lame.gif

leen,

yup, i'm a gemini and tomorrow's my birthday!!!
happy.gif
thankfully hubby remembers its my birthday.... too bad he forgot my favourite cake despite all the reminders when we celebrated his birthday and our boy's birthday... :eek:

got a confinement nanny to help out with the birth of my girl, nanny was horrified when she heard i showered and washed my hair when i was in hospital (i know she'll restrict shower and washing hair when i'm hm). 12th day then can wash hair. sup to wash hair only when we reach full month but cannot tahan told auntie i need to wash hair.. after that she boil herbal bath water and said i can shower every day but it itches... or maybe cos i was having heat rash at the same time. :p

mummies,
just wondering... when your child nears 2 years of age, did they throw tantrums or simply did things that irks u as if they are testing your reaction?

my boy turned 2 recently and he's been quite a handful such that i couldnt take it at times....stressfullll.....

Meiling, welcome to the terrible 2s world! My boi started long ago even before he turns two. So hard to control outside.

eek..... actually mine sort of started before he turned 2... can't really recall when... does it mean the terrible two phase will pass faster??? :p

Hi Sally! I just happened to chance upon this thread while surfing around the forum so dropped in to say hi.

Hello to the other May 2005 mummies. My girl Serene was born 22/5/05. So attending half day childcare at NTUC Ang Mo Kio. My 2nd girl is due next week... so everyday I'm just waiting and counting down.

Will drop in again soon
happy.gif
Have a good weekend.

Hi caymom, 'peifu' you... can tahan.. take good care of your body this period. ;)

Hi Meiling, Happy Birthday!

Hi Mich, welcome here.. hope to hear your 2nd gal's arrival soon..

My gal is difficult to control when out too.. the terrible two stage.. sigh..

sally, read your earlier posting abt Pneumococcal jab. Is it done on bump or arm? did u go to polyclinic or pte clinic? thinking of bringing my gal for the jab before she attends daily class next year.

Welcome Mich. Today Akinesh went to attend the june thread bday bash, n seeing so many tods. Guess wat? He is looking for Serene. N saying " I like Serene". kekeke Dun forget to let me noe when u pop. Excited hor?

Leen, I cant remember, think on the thigh or bump either one, but not arm. I went to GP, cos same price as Polyclinic n no need to queue so long lor.

I used to tell people my son is 'gifted'. They looked surprised, and asked me how i know. I tell them, he's already throwing temper tantrums way before his 'terrible two' stage!!!

I think 'terrible two' is a misnomer. It lasts from about 18 months until goodness knows when! My boy will yell 'I want' or 'I don't want' if things don't go his way.

Yesterday afternoon, he grabbed his sister's book and when I took it from his hands, he screamed 'I want'. When I said 'no' to him, he said, 'I cry'!!! Where did he learn that from???!!!

I thot my girl was bad, but am bracing myself for worse weather with this boy!

Hi Mich
Excited about your girl's arrival? Where will you be delivering? Who's taking care of #1 when you deliver?

Sorry, so kay poh, but curious to know lah!

cowandchick,
your son verbalises his 'wants and dunwans'. mine just cries and wails. and fakes a trip and ends up on the floor and cries even louder. *faintz*

Mich, hello! a birth is always so exciting!
happy.gif
do let us know when little girl arrives
happy.gif

Jenny
Ouch, it must be painful to jab on arm, right? Always thot they'd do it on the bum or thigh. Must make sure my PD don't do arm on my boy. Poor thing!

Flu bug keeps going round these days, rather hard to keep it off kids. I try to avoid crowded places if I can. Then, I give some vit C to my boy. I am quite paranoid mum. If someone in the family is sick, i spray my anti-viral, anti-bacterial spray round my house. Not in their faces, but I keep the room sprayed to remove the germs! Siao hor?! But don't want to take chances. So tiring to look after kids who are ill!

Hi All, Mich has popped already yesterday. Both mommy n bb gal is doing fine.

Jenny, is it the pampers active? Is it two packets or two boxes? Carrefour selling 2 boxes (4 pkts in total) cost S$59.90, hence one pc based on L size will be at S$0.39. Jenny, I also give my boi probiotics, recommended by PD. My boi cant take multi vits or vit C cos he is allergic to citrus fruit n the dye colour.

Back