(2005/05) May 2005 Babies

Hi Carol, I'm a SAHM.
There's a few SAHMs here.
Maybe u can set up a playdate with those staying near u.

My boy borned on 10th May.
happy.gif

Zu, my boi one day older than yr boi
happy.gif

Lets add to the list:

Nick Job Location
Carol SAHM Zion/Tiong Bahru
Cowandchick SAHM Hougang
Sallyngsj SAHM AMK
Jenny Hong FTWM Jurong
Caymom FTWM Punggol
Leen SAHM Woodlands
Blessed Light SAHM
Zu SAHM

Wow so many SAHMs, Cool.

No need to wait till school holidays to meet.. can meet weekdays mah...... who is keen? Who wan to organise?

Update my location:

Nick Job Location
Carol SAHM Zion/Tiong Bahru
Cowandchick SAHM Hougang
Sallyngsj SAHM AMK
Jenny Hong FTWM Jurong
Caymom FTWM Punggol
Leen SAHM Woodlands
Blessed Light SAHM
Zu SAHM CCk

Welcome Zu and Blessed Light!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Zu,</font>
I find your nick familiar, maybe we have met before. Did you happen to go to the Botanic Gardens outing with the mummies and babies of the other thread... sometime Sep last year?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol </TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Zion/Tiong Bahru </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cowandchick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Hougang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sallyngsj</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>AMK </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny Hong</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Caymom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Light</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zu</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Caymom, yup. I joined the april/May/June thread.
Went to the Botanics Gdns w boy and hb.
But i dun recall who u are le.
Pardon me for my bad recognition and memory.
happy.gif

Maybe we can all go Botanics Gdns again. :p

Zu,
Oh, it was really you. I remember your boy, very nice and charming eyes.
happy.gif

It's ok. I was busy chasing after my gal in the field so din have chance to chat with you. Next time we can go again.

caymom, its okie..
so u remember my boy only ar.
sad.gif

haha.. ya, organise one at Botanics Gdns again then we all n mit again liao.

u must be very excited awaiting the next baby.
then its the same bday month also.

Zu,
Hey, I remember you also but can't really remember your hb.
happy.gif

Yah, getting excited over this baby. I am hoping that time will slow down a bit because I enjoy feeling her movements in me. So cute.
happy.gif
She is as active as her sister but gentler. I can't wait to get my first daughter out that time because she was so rough!
lol.gif

Thanks Caymom for the table. Me wan to ask u to do, but paisei.... heehee... n u so so nice, do liao...

Wow so small world....... u n Zu met before liao.... heehee..

Sally,
No need paisei lah, I will update whenever I can.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol </TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Zion/Tiong Bahru </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cowandchick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Hougang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sallyngsj</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>AMK </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny Hong</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Caymom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Light</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Sembawang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zu</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Dear Moms
shall we come out for chit chat?

Sugg we meet 10 am, Tuesday either we meet at NYP Yio Chu Kang Staff Lounge-- we can go for swim or billiard or chit chat. But got to prepare own drinks and snacks or Hip kids Club at Forum ---- $10 membership for 2 years--indoor play area for the kids (only heard abt it recently).

Any takers? Lets kickstart something lei.

Sally> too late to org something this week.

PS: so eventful, got a power trip when typing this note

Carol,
What is the minimum age for the Hip Kids Club? Can have access to the play area once become member? Any other charges?

It's good to have a gathering but me and Jenny cannot join because we working.
lame.gif
I realise most mommies here are SAHM.

Ya Carol, I dun mind but can it be 20 Mar that Tuesday? Cos that week, my boi's school holidays. If not, cant join, cos 10am, he is still in school.

Carol, how abt globetrotters at 11am for lunch? So kids can play in the playroom? Nearer than Forum.

Wa, you all very fast to reply lei.

Ok lets shoot for 20 Mar 11 am Globetrotters. Er but my kid below 2, can go in ?

Lets arrange a weekend date for the working mummies to join too. Why dont Caymom or jenny propose? My sun are out bec of church and serving. The hubbies can come along and get acquainted. Sugg Botanical Gardens or sentosa palawan beach on Sat.

Will find out more abt hip kids club? i also not sure.

happy.gif

for hip kid club
no min age but max height is 120cm.
child needs to be be minded.
Price $10 per 2 years. crowded on weekends.
11 to 1 pm and 4:30 to 8 pm.

Carol,
Seems like Hip Kid Club is quite interesting. I think I have seen the play area, looks rather big but quite old looking is it?

<font color="ff0000">Carol,</font>
I have not been to Globetrotters before but I heard that children under a certain age must be accompanied by adult. Not sure what is the age though. Maybe Sally can advise.

I think you gals can go ahead for the weekday gathering first. I may be able to join if it is next Thurs or Fri but it's ok.

<font color="0000ff">Gathering</font>
Date: 20 Mar 2007 (Tuesday)
Time: 11am

1. Sally
2. Carol

my boi also below two, but he always goes in there.... they have someone inside tending after the kids.

Oh Caymom, let us noe when u can. maybe we can adjust to fix u, since we all SAHM.... so no problem.... I can go to my boi school n pick him up then go to Globetrotters n meet if it does not fall under his school holidays :).

Sally,
Hahaha... I think our kids here all below two lah.... other than those with more than a kid of course. I am a bit concerned about letting cay go in there alone. She is a petite gal leh, dunno whether will kena bullied by older kids or not.

Actually, I may be able to make it in the week also but most prob end of the week too, perhaps 23rd. I'm trying to clear some of my leave at the moment.

Caymom, no prob can change to 23rd if u can make it.

Carol, how?

Globetrotters
Weekdays usually not crowded.
At times if got older kids, the attendant there tends to look after the smaller ones.... when Akinesh inside, she will follow n keep an eye on him. So okie.... n we can ask for the tables outside the playroom so we can look out for them.

Hi all. Wow, so much going on already for the outing. That's nice. And thanks to caymom for the table. makes reading so much easier.

May have to give the outing a miss tho. My boy is down with this persistent fever since Sunday evening. Giving him paracetamol, but comes back again. also bad runny nose and cough. brot him for MMR last tuesday, but don't think that's the cause. he also started childcare last thu. hubby thinks it's fr the childcare.

any moms out there can advise? getting a bit worried coz fever longer than usual.

hope you gals have a good time, will join you next time!

Cowandchick, see you another time if your boy stil not well. Do take care. Heard its easy to catch virus from childcare.

Caymom> thanks for the table. ya teach me and sally. is it cut and paste from words?

Sally and Cay> Lets go for it, 23 mar. fine for me. Er my gal also small, now she can find kaki. Wow sally, yours must be quite good build since they dont mind him inside.

Any other mummies avail to join for this gathering. so we can confirm booking asap, afraid fully booked. heard this pl is full. i have been there once but did not put my gal inside.
Excited
happy.gif

Carol, mine small small lah.... but they close one eyes cos usu I go, no crowd n dun realli have kids inside... heehee

cowandchick, take care... the meet up not now, it is 2 weeks later.... u see how... if yr boi well, then u join.... yup I think CC will make yr boi sick more often, just like daily playgroup. Since my boi starts playgroup, sick quite often too.

it's not the 'sick' that making me worried. The fever seems to be really persistent. gave panadol syrup, but fever still there! any ideas, anyone?

cowandchick,
How high is the fever? If it is persistently high, he may need stronger fever medicine. Since he also has running nose and cough, he may be having flu. It is best that you take him to a doctor soon.

My daughter just recovered from her running nose and cough as well but hers was so serious that she lost her voice and had difficulty breathing, nearly have to be admitted to hospital.

Hi, I'm confused... Where u gals gg? Globetrotters or the Hip Kids Club? Wats this place anyay? Din kno they gt such club? hehe.. If Globetrotters at 10, count me out. Too far for me. and too early.
happy.gif

cowandchick, think there's a virus gg on. My boy caught fever last week also. Mite hv gotten from my niece and nephew and my mom. Then after tt also have cough and running nose. The fevr was quite persistent... Lasted abt almost a week. Dun worry so much. But if u really worried, better consult a doc to put yr mind at ease.

Caymom, tts terrible!
Hope she's okie. I'll be v v worried if my boy lost his voice.

<font color="ff6000">Zu,</font>
She is ok now. She was talking non-stop even without a voice and also playing like normal. So I wasn't that worried.

The gathering is at Globetrotters and it is 11am instead of 10am. Do join us if you can make it.

<font color="0000ff">Gathering </font>
Date: 23 Mar 2007 (Friday)

1. Sally
2. Carol
3. caymom

Zu, caymom, thanks for your concern. caymom, glad that your girl is ok now. Must have been very stressful for you too.
My boy is recovering now. Fever not so high, but the cough and runny nose, still bad. Hope he gets over it quickly. These sleepless nights are making me into a zombie, and very bad tempered. Poor girl of mine, bearing the brunt of all. Her brother's late nite cries, and her mummy's grumpiness.

If all goes well, I think I can join you gals on 23 March. Friday is good, i need not rush off to get my girl. she has CCA until 5pm! Will hv boy wif me. Globetrotters a nice place. Been there a few times with my girl.

Hope to see you all!

cowandchick, glad to noe that yr boi is recovering.

So I put yr name first:

Gathering

1. Sally - 1 tod - 1 highchair
2. Carol
3. caymom
4. Cowandchick - 1 tod - 1 highchair

Mommies, pls state if u need high chair, so that we can reserve.

Caymom, u bringing Cay?
Carol, u bringing yrs?

<font color="ff0000">Cowandchick,</font>
Glad to know that your boy is recovering. I was really stressed last week. Dunno what was the best option then. I wasn't with her when she was breathless but that freaked me out nonetheless. Anyway, we were glad that we made the right decision, sometimes really hard to think straight under emergencies.

Yeah! You can make it to the gathering as well.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Sally,</font>
I will be bringing cay along.

Gathering

2. Carol
3. caymom - 1 tod - 1 highchair

I need 6 kind souls to help me test out a new brand of diaper pants. Will mail 2 pieces (size XL) to each participants to test and try.

But I would need require the help of the testers to fill up a simple feedback form about the performance of the diaper pants.

Only have enough samples for 6 participants. Please PM me if you are keen. Thanks.

Wow, this thread suddenly become lifely. It was quiet in the beginning. Long time no come in. Think I got alot to read back. Wow, mostly SAHM in this thread. I am FTWM stay Yishun.

Hi Mommies
This time its my raeanne having fever. doc said its due to stomach flu, could be due to sharing food with her unwell daddy on sat. She was 38.5 deg fr 8pm yesterday to 8 today. just brought her to doc.

Sally>ya bringin raen. need a high chair

Hi San> hope u join in frequently.

see u on fri 23 Mar.

Hi Carol, hope Raem is feeling better now. Fever gone? Take care.

Gathering

2. Carol - 1 tod - 1 highchair
3. caymom - 1 tod - 1 highchair

Looks like a flu bug going round. My boy had 'relapse' after i wrote in, but fever cleared last Fri. Thank goodness. was getting rather cranky (me) looking after him! Glad that to hear your bb's ok too, Carol! Phew!

Putting my boy in childcare, so that i can spend more time with my girl after school. But he's taking a while to get used to the place. Crying quite a bit there, and couldn't sleep. Sigh! School hols now, and have promised to take my girl out. Impossible to do much with bb around.

Looking forward to the outing. Keeping fingers crossed that we can all meet! see you gals!

Looks like most mummies are not loggin in during the sch hol

Thanks cowandch. My gal actually shared food with my dh down with diah on sat. thought its safe after a few days. anyway she is ok now.

Certainly look forward to our 1st maiden gathering for May bb.

Hi, dun tink will be joining u gals.
Will be gg to Globetrotters on the Wed itself for a bday celebration.
Making two trips twice to the same place kinda sianz! hehehe...

Will try to join again next time!

<font color="ff0000">Sally,</font>
My hb advised me not to bring cay. He doesn't trust that we are in safe hands of each other. So I will be going to the gathering alone.

<font color="0000ff">Gathering </font>

2. Carol - 1 tod - 1 highchair
3. caymom

I have added a column for the gender of our kids (the one born in May05) and sort it according to their birthdate.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Baby </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cowandchick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sallyngsj</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zu</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blessed Light</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol </TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Zion/Tiong Bahru</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny Hong</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Jurong </TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>Caymom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>San</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Caymom, wat if the gathering at my place? Since onli 4 of us plus 4 tods, I can manage at my place. Then Cay can join.

Carol/Cowandchick, wat do you think?

U can bring lunch n feed your little ones at my place? Then for mommies, we can order either Macdonalds or KFC for our lunch? How? Will it be easier then? Cos home environment will be easier for kids. LEt me noe.

Sally,
Thanks for your kind offer. I need to ask my hb again because he is basically worried that cay will jump on me when she gets too excited. If everyone prefers to go to Globetrotters, it's fine with me.

No Prob Caymom, i wan to see Cay too... heehee... I m sure she would love to join. U check with yr hb and let us noe.

Sally
So nice of you to offer your place. Anywhere is fine with me, so i'll go with the other mums. We'll help you clear up b4 we leave. thanks.

Caymom
Wow, your table is getting more pro looking by the post! Thanks!
Awwww, we'd all love to see Cay. pleeeeeeeeeease?

Hi Mommies
Yep, fine with me. I actually prefer home environment. Hee hee

Hi Sally> thanks for offerin your place. Would have offered mine but 3 room flat too cramp for comfort. For food, can we have pizza?

We will go to nyp staff lounge another time.

Back