(2005/05) May 2005 Babies

Swollen on one side of the face, below the ear. It could be swollen gland too but for my daughter's case, that part is soft not hard, so PD diagnosed as mumps. She is much better now. Thanks Sally. At least she can eat some solid.. The first day was the worst and cried at night 'cos she can't sleep well and told me "painful". Today, she is quite happy and told me "painful no more".. PD said should be fine in 2/3 days 'cos a mild one.

she didn't have any fever 'cos she has taken the mmr jab. In fact, the swell is gone by yesterday, 3rd day. Have you given your son chicken pox jab? Apprarently it is also not 100% protection. However if it occurs, it will be mild one, just a few dots here and there. My friend's child got it in K2. Can I ask you, is your child's montessori daily playgroup class consists of only 2005 children or a mix of 04/05? I asked a few daily playgroups around my area but it is a mix which I'm not in favour of..

leen, yes my boy has taken the chicken pox jab. Not sure abt the playgrp, but i think should be mix as looking at the brochure, it states playgroup from age 17m to 3yrs. However for my boy class at 0830hrs onli 5 kids incl him. N mainly 05 babies. Think onli one is 04. That is why I like cos small ratio.

<font color="ff0000">Leen,</font>
Sorry to hear about your gal's mumps. Hope she is feeling better now.
Thanks for explaining about Montessori. It seems to be quite interesting, may be good for my gal. She is kinda slow in speech and needed more encouragement. Perhaps Montessori will do her good. Is there any way to know which schools in Singapore uses the Montessori method? I tried searching online but without much results. It seems that the only to find out is to go around the schools in my area to ask or to watch for their adveristing banner.

<font color="0000ff">Sally,</font>
The ratio is indeed quite good.

Sally,
I am staying in Punggol but my mom who is taking care of cay, is staying in Bedok, so most likely I will enrol her in schools in Bedok area instead.

caymon,
My eldest boy started speaking only at 2yrs+.. but once he can talk, aiyo, cannot stop talking -very talkative. I think montessori method would be good for your gal. But sorry, dunnoe which is good in the east. MMI is good and reputable but you've to check out the branch you are interested in. Like there's one in my area, I heard that the teachers are not so caring.

Hi May 2005 Moms! My second, a boy was born 5th May. We'll be sending him to daycare soon because I can't hv enuf time with my elder daughter (she's 10). He isn't talking much, and tt's a bit worrying. My girl can't stop jabbering when she was his age. Some people tell me it's slower with boys. But from some of your threads, it doesn't seem so! Should I panic?

hi cowandchick.. welcome here. Boys tend to be slower in speech, that's my experience with my eldest-a boy. My boy started only at the age 2yrs, while my other 2 girls started before 1. So don't worry too much.. as long as he understands what others are talking about.. but again, it depends on individual. Maybe he is the quiet sort?

Thanks leen. That's reassuring. But my boy is really 'quiet'. He makes a lot of unintelligible noises all the time. tt's why i worried. but will wait and see. friend told me push panic button when still not speaking at 3! wait, wait,wait...

Hi All Mommies. Like to join this club. My gal is born 14 May. Looks forward to gatherings, miss your first one.And thanks Sally for starting this thread. I too shy to start as thot all May 05 mummies have found their cicle. Oh yes, me also a SAHM.

Welcome cowandchick n Carol! Me din check lately cos tot no more active here... no one seems to come in n posts liao...... lucky u all come along....... Cool. So anyone celebrating 2 yrs old birthday for your tods? Me in dilemma, my bil wans me to throw a party as last yr I din have one for my boy. But I scare the cleaning up cos me alone at home, no helper. Any good idea for a tod party?

Hi Sally and all. i never really have a big bash-like kind of birthday celebration for my kids, even the older one who will be 10 in June.
We keep it small, within the family, aunts, uncles, cousins. Even then, it is quite an affair. I normally get a cake (my kid's fav is Angie's Choice), and get lunch for everyone, or get my brother or sis to help me with food. We normally hold it on the sunday b4 the actual birthday coz we usually congregate at my mum's place anyway.
It's a simple thing, but my girl likes playing with her cousins. And the best part is, everyone helps to clear up!

Anyway, a friend of mine, who organises fantastic parties for her kids has this advice: the number of (kids) guest to invite should be not more than the age of the child! She says it's more manageable that way, esp if the kids are still very young. At 2 years, I think the parents get more out of the party than the kids!

have fun organising yours!

thanks cowandchick for the info.

Jenny, guess we r in the same boat.... very fan hor. Inside me wan to do... but then so scare of the mess n cleaning up after that....... sigh.

Sorry, me blur blur. I think the gathering I mentioned was from another thread. Been seeing Sally's name in other threads, hence confusion. So glad someone responded.

SAlly> There are professional people organsing. There is one newly open in Great World City. Can check for you. Want to ask whether all of you want to mass celebrate. BTW, I have been starved of friendships since SAHM. So finding opp to get tog with new friends. So may be a bit cheong hei at times.

Cowandchick> Heard boy speaking late too after that they may become chatterbox.

Hi Sally
Can i check how your boy doing at Montesorri and how much do you pay? Hope u dont mind sharing again??

Carol, can check for me the one in GWC? THanks.

Mass celebration scares chaotic lei.

My boy loves to go to school, coping well. One month S$260.00. Daily. 2hours per lesson.

Hi Carol - wah, sounds scary leh! I've already got one chatterbox at home, my girl, how to tahan another one? anyone knows where to buy ear-plugs? hee hee

A very warm welcome to cowandchick, carol and Jenny.
happy.gif

Mummies> Pl keep this forum alive. I am new comer to forum so finding a kick out of this.

Thanks Sally for sharing. So sad no one wants to do mass celebrate. Heard one dec group mass celebrate the 1 year old last year. This dec group quite on, even take leave to go sentosa.

Cowandchick> all the best to you. you hard to please, dont talk u worry, chatterbox you cannot tahan
happy.gif

Thanks Caymom.

Hi Mummies
Anyone game to meet up either 10 or 17 Mar 07. Since its the hols, thought easier for Cowandchick and others with older kids.

What you all think?

Hi Sally

How to know the private monte centres. Gone into the website you mentioned above but the nearest one is at Jurong East and fully booked for am sessions. thanks

Hi Carol
Thanks for considering me. Actually, Sats are off limits for me. My girl has French class. And unless hubby at work, it's s'posed to be a 'family day' for us. Still game for a weekday, that is, for SAHMs like me!

And yes, i am such a worry wort! hard to please also hor?!

Hi Cowandchick
Thanks for response. Weekday are good for me. What your timing like and where do you stay? I pref am 10-1 pm or late afternoon 5pm onwards bec or raen's nap.

I also worrier. My sis said i non stop worrying since gal is a bb.

Hi there:
Anyone game to meet too?

Hi Carol, do u have any idea for mass celebration venue?

Montessori - I check around n asking around my area lor. I ask yr side for u - Jurong? I let you noe.

Meet up
I dun mnd. Let's do a count n put down where u stay so we can decide on venue later:
Carol - Jurong
Cowandchick -
Sallyngsj - Ang Mo Kio (prefer weekdays, either 11pm after my boy's playgroup or evening after his nap)

Keep the list going....

<font color="ff0000">Mass celebration</font>
The idea is good but I will be delivering my baby during that period.... so I won't be celebrating my gal's bdae this year.
sad.gif

Sally,
A simple party at home... just with direct family members. We thought of doing the same again but I think I won't have the time and energy to do the deco and other stuff. Maybe just a cake for her.

Hi Sally
I stay near Hougang, but AMK no prob also. Timing wise, if school days, then have to be b4 1pm. This March hols - quite tough. Long list of plans with my girl! Will try and squeeze in if time permits!

Caymom, i c. Me would like to do at home too but scared the cleaning up n mess after that cos direct family memebers alone from my hb side already huge huge....

Meet up
I dun mnd. Let's do a count n put down where u stay so we can decide on venue later:
Carol - Jurong (SAHM)
Cowandchick - hougang (SAHM) (Schoolday b4 1pm)
Sallyngsj - Ang Mo Kio (SAHM) (prefer weekdays, either 11pm after my boy's playgroup or evening after his nap)
Jenny Hong - Jurong (FTWM)

Keep the list going....

Jenny, put yr name in so we can keep track who is in the track :).

Hey Mommies
Wow, great that you gals are keen.

I am staying at Zion Rd, near Great World City.

Can we shoot for something like Plaza Sing or Orchard. Actually ok for me to travel to AMK to meet also.

Caymom>Congrats to you. Keep us posted on your due.

Carol SAHM- Zion/Tiong Bahru
Cowandchick (SAHM)- Hougang
Sallyngsj (SAHM)-AMK
Jenny Hong Jurong (FTWM)
Caymom - For future ref
happy.gif

Yes

Sally> Check it out.
Jolly Party Tel: 67334140

$688 package- for 20 kids 1hr 45 min. Inc entertainmnet and 1 balloon for kid.
Food is add $290

There are a few org at UE Sq. You can call JWT Kids, Busy Buddies and Rhythm in Me.
Went there there to check out Monte but prices not sure.

Oh yes, think your kid fees very reasonable. I have not found one centre daily for your fees.

I jus found out one playgp near my pl charge $140 /mth. Brain stimulating at $110 /mth twice weekly.
Still not sure whether to enrol.

Hey i am thinking of toilet train her so hope to enrol by April after she graduate
happy.gif

Any advice??

hmmmm... why everyone thinks the meet up is at AMK??? cos i m staying here? No no, meet up cant be my place cos me no helper..... cant cope. :)

Carol, Zion rd got a lot of good private monte... but ex cos town area. My fren kids at little raindrops.. i dun like cos they combined older kids n young ones together, n ratio high....... there is also Brighton at river valley, a few MMI at town area.... nearer for u to go to Jurong ones...

Toilet Training..... already started but gave up.... more work for me :-(

Sally,
Both my family not very big so the party is still manageable. I am also very scared of having big parties. That time her full month celebration, I held it in restaurant near my mom's place. This time, I think maybe just a simple buffet for direct family members as well.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol </TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Zion/Tiong Bahru </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cowandchick</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Hougang </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sallyngsj</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>AMK </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny Hong</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Caymom</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leen</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

wow caymom, u so efficient....... heehee... champion...

Me no celebration for his fullmonth n one year... heehee.... terrible mommy hor... so lazy. Cos fullmonth, my mom said better dun celebration as he is still young, onli ordered cake for those who gave gifts. n his one year old, just cake n cut. Nothing else. heehee.

Sally,
Thanks leh... give me such tall hat to wear.
happy.gif
I thought it will be neater and clearer to put it in a table. So I kpo...

caymom, me dun noe how to put in table.... veri slow on PC... heehee.... not kpo lah.... a great help to us.... xie xie ah.... somemore u working lei... paisei..

Hi all! wow.. I've not logged on for a week and there are so many postings to catch up. So there's gonna be a gathering this march holiday? Too bad I can't make it this time 'cos have already drawn up plans with kids. Maybe will join you all the next time round.

Hi Leen,

Wow, so coincidence! My son is also born on the same day (13 May 05) and place (TMC) as your daughter. I'm now pregnant and due in Sep 07.

Hi Blessed light, what a coincidence. What time was your son born? One of my neighbours was in the next labour ward when I was gave birth. My hubby met hers outside the two wards. Yours is the 3rd 13th May child that I come across. Congrats on your second pregnancy! Going back to TMC? Who is your gynae?

Hi Zu and Blessed Light and Leen

Nice to hear from all of you. My gal is 14 May,also TMC.
Congrats to Blessed Light.

So are you all working mummies or SAHM.

Leen> How many kids do you have? Been wanting to set up play dates for my gal. Bec everytime go playground its either grandparents or maids.
Wat you plan to do for mar hol?

Its A bit tough to organise meet up here.
How ha Sally?

Happy weekend

Hi Leen,

Thanks! Mine was just past midnite. How abt yours? Yes, going back to TMC again as I like their service. He is Dr K.C. Yeo.

Hi Carol,

Thanks! I have spotting for both pregnancy so I'm a SAHM now.

Back