(2005/02) Feb/Mar 2005 Babies

Hi, Cosmic, congrats!
I'm also due in Feb...6th actually, just before CNY. Crossing my fingers that all will go well actually, cos i had a m/c last year and am rather cautious these few weeks. So far, things seem ok...I saw my baby at 7.7mm 'tall' last week, and its heartbeat pounding away. Praying hard everyday that it'll continue to grow.

What abt u? When are u due?

Hi Tiny,
Ai yah java here lar. Dunno why in the Mothers, babies thread must be registered user. So registered myself lor.

Hahaha...
biggrin.gif

i jus pop by to see as i saw <font color="119911">Tiny</font> here!! Then for a spilt moment, i was thinkin <font color="0000ff">Java</font>, <font color="0000ff">Java</font> who????
rofl.gif

Muwahahahah... Java's reply was so funny... almost fell off the chair when I read this sentence "Ai yah java here lar" :p

I see that you two have moved into a new place... kekekekek... hopefully more from that side will come over... ermmm probably Joyce?

Anyway think there were some problems with the new mothers thread... annoymous forumers were writing something in there... *shrug* so wef from yesterday Chin Leng made it compulsory that only registered users can post in this section.

<font color="0000ff">Tiny</font>, maybe still early? Think the next one to join u gals will be <font color="aa00aa">Joyce</font>!
biggrin.gif

hehehe...

i oso had a good luff when i saw Java's reply...
happy.gif

mabbe we shd inform Joyce on this new thread to start the ball rolling...
happy.gif

hi mine is 23 Feb. Like Tiny, I had a m/c last yr so am taking extra care now. my gynae gave me hormone pills to stablise my pregnancy. Have to yet to see the heartbeat yet, next appt is on 6th Jul..hope to hear it by then..really anxious this time. had very bad morning sickness these few days and sick for past 3 wks. nice to join this thread
happy.gif

Ai yoh very funny meh?

Last Friday I went to see the gynae, she said my EDD is on 25 Feb, very close to Lite Breeze. Past few days have been resting at home, coz discovered I was having slight staining. Dr Tan gave me a proluton jab and utrogestan pills to follow up.

Lite Breeze, what kind of hormone pills are you taking? I'm very paranoid, every few hours I will go to the toilet to check

My next checkup is 2nd July. Like Lite Breeze, hope to see the foetus and hear the heartbeat. Last week, I also had very bad MS, always feel very nauseous, been eating ricola sweets to curb the feeling.

Hi TIny, breeze, so who is your gynae? Mine is Dr WK Tan from TMC. I didn't go back to my previous gynae, too much bad memories.

Hi Breeze, welcome! Glad to see someone else here! So what pills are u taking? my next appt is 3rd July (this Sat) and we are praying hard that everything is ok, baby is growing. My m/c was around this time so these few weeks are crucial for us. I should be about 8-9 weeks now.

Haven't had much morning sickness, only threw up once cos i had chwee kwey for breakfast and i think it was too oily. Haven been avoiding oily food &amp; chilli and feel much better. Just feel rather bloated after meals, esp dinner. dunno why! so i don't eat much in the evening...but snack in the late afternoon.

Java/Cosmic (dunno what to call u), my gynae is Dr Teoh Eng Soon...his clinic is at Shaw centre. He's given me progesterone gel (Crinone) which is in the form of a vaginal gel...i have to insert it every night. Anyone heard of it? Apparently it's natural progesterone which is like what our body produces, unlike jabs which are synthetic. I have no idea what it means actually, but that's what my gynae told me. Problem is that after a few days, it comes out in the form of wax cos it's not soluble...so it's rather messy and disgusting! yuks!
uhoh.gif

Heard there are some new graduates in the TTC thread!! Hope they join us soon!
happy.gif

I've

Hi Hi

I am the newly graduates from TTC thread...

Not sure abt my EDD yet, shld be end Feb or early Mar 05...can I join in here??
111724.gif

hi Tiny,
I will pray hard for you that your next appointment will be smooth going. My appt is tomorrow, hopefully can see the baby and hear his/her heartbeat. PRAY HARD!!!

Hi lbs,
Congrats! Yeah, join us. When are you going to see a gynae? Chose one already?

<font color="119911">Tiny</font> and <font color="ff6000">Comic Star</font>, good luck for your coming appt.

By the way <font color="ff6000">Comic Star</font>, how many wk are you now?

biggrin.gif
<font color="119911">lbs</font>, Congrats on ur pregnancy!
happy.gif

hi there,

Me joining the Feb 05 mummy club too
happy.gif
EDD 14 Feb.
I've got history of 2 failed pregnancy so I'm on weekly hormone jabs. Just like Tiny, i had to insert Crinone every night also. But last week, i've switched to oral hormone pills instead. Was prescribed Duphastone.
I'm seeing my gynea every week. I do a scan every week, so now i've got 3 sonograms to keep already. Was joking to DH that by the end of the 1st tri, i can keep a photo album of baby.

Cosmic Star,

Good luck for your appt tmrw. When i saw the heartbeat at the end of week 5, i was so overwhelmed that i cried.

Hi cosmic star

Thks for welcoming me..
Actually, on the next day I tested positive, I have already went to see my gynae as in the morning I saw very slight pinkish when went toilet..My gynae gave me a jab &amp; some "An Tai Yao' lor.

My next apptmt with her will be next Mon &amp; she said by then, shld be able to see the little dot..

Havent really decide if will continue to see her. Though, I am pretty comfortable with her so far. She did my papsmear last time..

Hubby &amp; I will be looking arnd to make comparison..

You have any recommendations?

Hi Oceans
Thks for your best wishes...

Hi lbs &amp; babygrace,
Welcome and congrats too!
happy.gif

Babygrace, when you used crinone, did you face the same problem of it coming out in wax form? When I last saw my gynae, he was practically scraping the stuff out, it was totally gross. and sometimes, when cough too hard in the mornings i can feel a hard lump down there, and I have to 'push' it out...it really annoys me. By the way, who's your gynae? I also cried when I saw the little one's heartbeat 2 wks ago...
happy.gif

Java, all the best. Thinking of u!
happy.gif

Hi Tiny,

No, i didn't have the problem of it coming out in wax form. But my discharge was much more than usual which makes me very paranoid but i thought i was bleeding. After using crinone for 2 weeks, i asked gynea if i could change to taking oral pills instead.
Crinone is expensive, gynea charged me $12 per tube. How much does yours charge? Do u hv to take the proluton jab also?
My gynea is Dr HK Ho at Mt A. What about yours?

Hi babygrace,

i wonder why mine comes out in wax form then. is my body rejecting it? My gynae says it's ok. hmm..strange. yeah, it's expensive. i think i was charged about $10 per tube. Actually he asked me if I wanted to take the jab instead, then i wouldn't need to use crinone, but i didn't want to. heard it's very painful! so i stuck to crinone. but now i find it very leh cheh...My gynae is Dr Teoh Eng Soon, his clinic is at Shaw Centre. I'll be seeing him tomorrow, so will update u after that.

Java, how's everything?

How's everyone feeling? I feel very bloated, particularly after dinner. Always so uncomfortable.

Hi Tiny,

I'm taking a weekly jab plus daily crinone or duphaston. I realised that so far i haven't come across anyone having a double dosage like mine. It's either jab or medication, not both.
Yes, the jab is very painful. For a person like me who is not afraid of needles, this is by far the most painful jab i've ever taken.
i agree that crinone is very lecheh...that was why i made a calculated risk to switch to oral pills instead.

Same, i'm always feeling so bloated too.

hi everyone! I am seeing the same gynae who did my d/c last year becos his clinic is very near my place and I find him rather experienced. He has two clinics, one in Jurong West and another at TMC. My SIL's kids were delivered by him so I went back to him.

Anyway, he gave me turinal ( progesterone tablets) pills to take for 2 wks. He says it will help the baby to grow and stablise the pregnancy. According to the nurses there, they call it "AN TAI YAO" too:p

After taking it, I find my morning and evening sickness worse. perhaps it is a good sign that this pregnancy is affecting me. The last time I was preggie (later m/c), I had no symptoms at all.

Am looking fwd to hearing foetal heartbeat next wk, shld be 7wks by then..wish me luck.

hi tiny, like u , I fell terrible after evey meal. Been throwing up my dinner almost everyday and feeling nauseous every morning and evening..and this is only the beginning..dunno how to survive 9 mths..:p

i went for my weekly scan today. Finally, can do an abdominal scan instead of thru' the vagina. Little one is growing well. Seeing it growing week by week makes all the discomfort i've been feeling worth it.

Lite Breeze,
Progesterone tablets cause nausea for some, i feel it also with duphaston but it's still bearable. Hopefully your nausea will be over after the 1st trimester.

Hi Tiny

I also feel very bloated after each meal..Nowadays, I sort of losing my appetite liao..Weighed myself just now &amp; I have lost nearly 2 kgs !!

babygrace, i saw my gynae this morning too. so happy to see it growing well. it's now 23.3mm long and it was moving its little limbs and wriggling its body. so adorable! next check up in 4 weeks time. Finally, I don't have to use crinone anymore. Phew! i was getting quite annoyed by the mess.

lbs/lite breeze, try eating small meals/healthy snacks and more frequently, rather than 3 huge meals a day. i think it helps. esp dinner, i try not to eat too much if not i feel quite horrible when i sleep. i haven't thrown up, just feel bloated and uncomfortable. well, it'll be over soon hopefully!
happy.gif

Hi,
My EDD should be on 7th Mar 05, can I join this thread?

Just seen my gynae last Fri, as it is only wk 5, so only can c the tiny bean &amp; next check up in 2 wks time.

Would like check wat is the est consultation fees that ur gynae charge per visit?

Hi, my gynae hasn't inform me of my EDD, but I search thr the web that it should be around 28 Feb 2005. I'm scheduled to visit my gynae again on next Mon.

hi ladies
happy.gif
can i join too? my EDD(according to websites ) is 7th mar 2005. Same as Laugh's
happy.gif

I haven visited a gynae yet. but will prob do so on the 2nd mth
happy.gif

Hi Seiko
Hahahaa..finally I see you hop over here liao...

Hi Laugh
Welcome..Welcome

Mine, I think is $55 something...but not really sure but I will be going tonite..Will update you, yea?

Hi snowpooher
Welcome!

Good to see this thread is getting active...
happy.gif

hi all,
Went to see gynae last Friday. saw the embroyo/foetus measuring 6.6mm at 6WKS 4D. My gestnational sac has expanded to about 10 times the size of the foetus. Saw the heartbeat also. *whew*. Thanks for all your prayers and continue to pray for me and bb. Last week my MS was quite bad, almost the whole day, recently seem to be better, now is more in the evenings. Almost every night before I sleep, I have to use "feng you" on my stomach, coz feel very bloated. Whenever I go out, I carry sweets with me, coz feel very nauseous now and then. So do you gals do to combat the nauseous feeling?

Just to tell you my history, my nickname aka java from miscarriage thread. I lost my bb boy last year at 35 weeks. Took me about 10 months to get preggie again, so now feeling paranoid almost every day.

Hi babygrace,
I also took the proluton jab, do you know why its painful, coz its oil-based. I also taking ultrgeston pills.

Hi lbs,
Actually I feel that you should select a gynae not only based on whether you feel comfortable with him/her, but also on their reputation and recommendations by other ppl. I am very careful now, coz I feel my previous gynae didn't take good care of me and bb. I'm now seeing Dr WK Tan of TMC. She's the one who delivered me, and I can only trust her to see to this pregnancy.

Guess what? Last Friday I saw Chew Chor Meng, his wife also giving birth liao, also seeing Dr Tan. He look so handsome!!

Glad to see more ppl in this thread. Welcome everybody!!!

Hi, wonder if have any tips on what are the stuff not to eat and what are the stuff that we should eat?
Was told not to drink HL milk, instead opt for Marigold full cream milk. Ever heard of that?

Hi Cosmic Star
Sorry to hear abt your previous loss...but Dun worry, you &amp; baby this time would be fine throughout!!! God is watching over you...k?
112179.gif

Yea, hubby &amp; I still looking arnd, trying to make comparisons lor. But one thing is my present gynae is nearer to my place so is more convenient for me to visit her especially if hubby not free.

Emm..Thought Chew Chor Meng has a child already? Wow, his wife giving birth again...All these artisit like very fertile one ler...

Hi,
me also have nauseous feeling/drowsy after taking the "ang tai" medication, not sure whether is it common.

The gynae that im seeing is recommended by a frd and he is a very experience old man but the charges are very expensive too(wat I think so far). The consulation alone for my 1st visit is $140, is it normal, any advise? Maybe, Im changing to another gynae if the 2nd consulation is still so ex.

Hi Snowpooher,
For milk, I think fresh milk will be better than full cream milk cos is not that fattening when compared. You may also try to drink plant extract protien, it is good for the formation of the baby.

Hi ladies!
So happy to see more joining in! It's more fun this way
happy.gif

Java, thank God your visit went well! Each time i have my scan now, the heartbeart is the 1st thing I look out for. Once i can see it flickering on screen, only then I relax. I was 'looking' for you this weekend and wondering why you hadn't come in. Have been faithfully praying for u these few days. We have temporarily named ours "Faith" - cos hubby &amp; I feel that's exactly what we need now. (it's easier to pray for Faith than for 'it' every night too!
happy.gif
) Problem is, we keep referring to Faith as 'she' for now!

Snowpooher, have you tried Anmum? the chocolate flavour one is nice...i find it's not too milky, and it's got the essential stuff for your baby's growth.

I think i've been very fortunate cos i don't have any ms...since that one day i threw up..i think that was Week 5/6. i've been avoiding oily and spicy stuff and it seems to have helped. i'm not too sure what we should be eating/avoiding, apart from the usual ones like raw fish, half cooked meat, soft cheeses (lots of bacteria)...My mum just tells me to eat "everything in moderation" so I just go by that! As long as I can eat and keep it in, i'm happy already.
happy.gif

Hi Cosmic Star
happy.gif
im sure this bb will be a blessed one. Have faith
happy.gif
seems like some of u had already went of u/s? n seeing the heartbeat muz be so comforting n exciting... now waiting for my turn *hee*

so far, i haven had MS ( touchwood wun have *hee* ), but there r times when i look at the food in front of me n i go 'siansian', lost my appetite..... so far, nasi lemak plus the yummy chilli alwways work wonders *hehehe*

im avoiding all milk pdts now cos it causes gas in me which led to terrible cramps, but vitagen doesnt count hor? *heheh* cos i seem ok wif it.

gd thing i lost my appetite for sweet stuff, but ended wif water retenton on legs cos im now onto salty stuff
sad.gif

Is anyone here more emotional than usual? cos i was watching Spiderman n i actually cried like 3 times! so touching leh.... wonder if my hormones r acting up *heheeh* the person beside me, when he saw me whipping out the tisu n dabbing on the corners of my eyes a few times, did BIO me for a while *hahah*

Hi Seiko

hehehe..talking abt emotions..I think I become more emotional than before too..At least that's what my hubby said to me lor.. He says I am becoming very 'manja' now...hehehee
112227.gif

Hi Tiny,
I'm so touched that you keep looking for me. I think its good to name Ah Dot Faith, if me I will name mine Grace. Through the grace of God, I was able to conceive again, I pray that I can carry till full-term. Some nights I dream of myself kissing my baby's cheek. Then I will kiss my bolster.
happy.gif

hi snowpooher,
HL milk is ok, but I find it too ex, about $4+ for 6 packets. Anmum is too fattening, now I'm drinking Enfamama, also dunno if fattening or not.

seiko, how many weeks are you? perhaps still too early for MS?

just as I was saying that my MS subsided the past few days, it came back with vengence today. I just ate fishball soup for lunch just now. Also starting to have an aversion for strong smells.

Hi Cosmic Star, $4+ for 6 packets???? I mean the fresh milk leh, 2 pkts for $4.65 one.

I dun drink milk one, so dun dare to try Anmum, Enfamama kind of powder milk.

My 1st visit to gynae cost me $115, include consultation, medicine and scanning.

hi lbs, oh no, the hormonal changes creating havoc in most of us liao *heheh* so funny leh, i i was telling my mom,i hope 2 put on weight only at the belly n breasts. wish my fats on arms legs all melted to these areas *hahahah* so my mom said to psycho myself lor *hahahah* like that oso can :p

Hi Cosmic star, my last menses was 31st May, so technically shd be in 5th wk? but last thurs when i saw the gp, she already said i was in my 5th wk?? some said drinking ginger tea will help MS is it true?

Hihi All
I can see my bb (at this stage looks like a peanut to me, though..) while doing the scan at the gynae just now..finally, a kinna of 'relief feeling' ler..

Like Seiko, initially by counting, gynae thought I shld be in week 5 plus 5 days..but after the scanning, I think the machine will evaluate from the size of the little 'peanut', I am only abt 4 weeks plus..So, I think calculation using the menses cycle maybe just a rough estimates lor..According to the scan, my EDD would be 14 Mar 2005

Oh yea, during the scan, we also spotted an extra peanut look alike dot-dot ler..but the outer layer doesnt have white bubble yet..so cannot conclude whether is another fertilised BB-to-be...WOW, gynae said may be twins!! My hubby got another shock I think..hahahahaaa...We are going back in two weeks time &amp; will do another round of scan...by then, shld be able to know already,if indeed we are having twins...if not, the dot-dot can be just normal blood vessel...

Hi Seiko
My gynae just told me that having MS is really good ler..It shows that BB is growing well...so, I guess, I got to keep telling myself this &amp; endure liao

WOW lbs!!! so excited for u as u may b carrying long feng tai!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

huh, if yr gynae says you're 4 wks plus, that means my EDD even later loh??? i'll b prob going for my 1st u/s next wk or so. Aiyo, cant wait too *hehe* but hor, so far i no MS, only yest nite when i looked at my dinner, i suddenly lost all appetite. but today, cos my family went to Jumbo, seeing the chilli crabs ( i only ate the man tou plus gavy *hee* ), oyster egg ( my dad made sure they cooked it well ), plus other yummy stuff, my appetite was superb! *hahaha* i told hb the bb likes the food tonight.... then my hb said, wah, if eat like that everyday he sure pok kai *hahhah*
Funny leh, when i told my mom n hb i cannot eat this cannot eat that, they look at me like im fr outer space. my mom said she ate everything when she had me, n all her frds oso ate as they wish. of cos in moderation. Wow, with parents n hb like this who allow me 2 eat anything, dunno im lucky or not *hee*

was constipated today, after drinking half a cup of prune juice, i was chionging the toilet after 2 hrs. V gd laxative :p

<font face="comic sans ms">Hi gals, am I too late to join you all??
I'm into my 5 weeks plus now and I'll be having my next appointment on 13th. Got minor MS like tiredness, bloated and nausea. ( but I like it!!) Hope everything will be fine. I lost my bb gal @ full term, she was born with severly brain damage. Ok, say no more! May God blessed everyone here
112372.png
</font>

Hi Seiko
aiya...like what the gynae said, there is possibility only lar...but cannot be so lucky ler..anyway, hubby &amp; I are happy as long as we have BB lor..
happy.gif

emm..I think the EDD &amp; no. of weeks can only be known after your scanning (based on the size of the foetus lor)

Yea, must make sure all your food fully fully cook ler...I havent really have appetite to anything yet...everything seem to be very plain to look at, plain to taste of...so **sianz*

My mum just tell me dun eat too much liang stuffs, if not next time BB will be having liang body &amp; weak lor..

Hi Joyce
Welcome! Welcome!

So your EDD shld be abt a week earlier than mine lor..Have you gone for your first u/s?

<font face="comic sans ms">Aiyo, how come <font color="0077aa">Java, Tiny and Ocean</font> din inform me of this new thread !?
*Humpf*</font>
112375.gif

Welcome Joyce
happy.gif
when's yr EDD? dun worry, everything will be fine, muz stay optimistic ya?
happy.gif

lbs, seems like im the only one who hasen seen a gynae leh :p mus be hopeful mah, maybe the lil one still forming leh.. yah i heard bt not eating too much liang stuff, cos next time bb may have asthma.

aiyo Joyce..

Dun 'Long Pia' lar...later head pain-pain..
Is never be too late, rite??

I also didnt know abt this thread until a gal from Year End 2004 introduce to me..

Emm.seem like there is also growing numbers of end Feb/Mar 05 mummies to-be...maybe must change the thread name a bit (to Feb/Mar 2005 Mom-to-be) so pple can know where to find us hor?
wink.gif

Hi Seiko
Haha, if true enough, must 'thks God &amp;all our ancestors liao'..Getting pregnant is already a miracle to us..if having twins, I think this is really a double blessing lor..Dun think so much first...will find out in two weeks time..heheee

Back