(2005/01) Jan 2005 Mom-To-Be

Twinkle,
I just changed job in Feb07 leh! Of course still in the same co lah! Hehee!
All the best in whatever u endeavor!

Piggy,
Dont know why I always not free one.hahaha!

Dolphina,
I remember u......
happy.gif

Blanche,
Thanks for organizing. 15 Sep? No problem! What time?

1) Nick: Catz: Tent just 1 adult, 1 child..
2) Nick: Piggylee: 3 adult, 1 child..
3) Nick: Tetra: 2 adults, 1 child..
4) Nick: Dolphina: 2 adults, 1 child..
5) Nick: Evelyn: 2 adults, 2 child..
6) Nick: Blanche: ? adults, ? child

Blanche,
I would like to join the firestation visit as well
happy.gif

7) Nick : slamdunk : 2 adults, 1 child

sunmoon, tetra,
Congrats to your new born !!

Hi,
We'd like to come to the firestation too.

8) Nick : babyD : 1-2 adults, 1 child

Hello to all Mums.
happy.gif
Everybody OK?

Angela,
You should have popped by now? How is eveything? Do come in and tell us when u are able to, ok?

Angela must have delivered last week. Hope to hear from you soon.

I have been busy last few days. I am considering to further my studies, found a part-time Master course and will be submitting next week. If can't cope (which is most likely) or not happy @ work, then shall be SAHM & focused on studying & the 2 kids.

Piggy/ Eve: Let me know if you all are free to drop by on Sat or Sun? How about next Sat?

Tetra,
Should be no problem for next Sat. Will sms u about details later, ok?

Studying with 2kids can really be tiring. You sure on this? If can do at your own pace, I think no problem but if need to hand in asignment, study for exams, etc.... You must be ready for hard work.
happy.gif

piggy: This course is on Early Childhood Development which I have been searching for some time. Wanted to find one which is credible and recognised in S'pore. I decided to enrol for the Nov class as there is only 1 intake a year. This decision is also made on the plan tt I would be a SAHM (my boss's boss wanted to talk me on some restructuring next wk so will wait & see, very tired of so many of such exercise) & to kill many birds with one stone. Hopefully, I can make a career change to this area, not so much in teaching children in childcare centre or managing one but preferably in research,community work or lecturing on part-time basis. Since got interest & had been reading books in this area, might as well get a qualification, & most importantly got the chance to apply on my kids and also to learn from them. Think if I want to make a career switch, better to start moving in this direction now otherwise too old already. It has also been my wish to be involved in community work. It is going to be hard work but after the pregnancy, I think I've also gone through a rebirth. Life is too short to spend your time with pple/work tt you don't enjoy. I think i just have to retune my plan & grit my teeth when I meet new challenges...

Tetra,
Well said. Yes, life is indeed too short to face some idiots day in day out. Me too, at times, I really want to throw down the gauntlet n walk away from my present job/situation. But atlas, I am not so brave yet. So am taking some part time job so that I may have wider options.

Sprinkle you with lots of "Lucky dust", "Energy Dust" n "Happy Dust".
happy.gif

Btw, how long is the course?

Thank you for the dust, have received them & will keep them in my pocket.
happy.gif

The course is about 18 mths. So are you on part time work arrangement? That's great then can spend more time with Linus and most importantly time for yourself.

I will be back to work after Sep. My concern now is how Lucas would be when his year end school holiday starts. He will be @ home most of the time & helper will have to share her time to handle both kids. Hopefully I can make some arrangement by then.

Piggy, I also need lots of energy dust!!!
happy.gif
Sprinkle here lei!!

Tetra, I'm also interested in the course but sigh.. right now I don't think I can handle my 2, let alone plus studies. Brain dead liao. :p

How's baby Marcus doing? Good boy or not?

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of update for the firestation trip
sad.gif
So far, the attendance is 18 adults and 12 children. (Tetra, I factored in your bro and family as 2 adults, 2 children. SCDF has replied that the trip is confirmed on 15 Sep, 10am @ Central Fire Station.

One small issue though, when I requested for the trip, I indicated 8 adults, 10 children, no expecting the response to be so overwhelming... hee. So I emailed SCDF to check if the increased in nos is alright. I think should be ok since they had indicated on their website that the max per group is 50 persons.

For more information, can visit the following link: http://www.scdf.gov.sg/Community_and_CD_Volunteers/E_Services/fire_station_visit_main.html

5) Nick: Evelyn: 2 adults, 2 children
6) Nick: Blanche: 2 adults, 2 children
9) Nick: Tetra bro: 2 adults, 2 children (TBC)

Hi all
So long didn't visit this website cos not conveniently to surf net in the office. No privacy at my desk also. Anyway so far so good at this new company but of course is much busier than before. Have not been going off on the dot for this week cos boss is in town but I think I rather be busy than have nothing to do. Quite stress sometimes cos got to strain my ears to understand those British expats' accents but I guess I just have to interact more with them. That's all for me at the moment! Will post more, k.

Here's one of Claira's pic:

949306.jpg

She is really a cheeky girl now! She irriates me sometimes but I really enjoy the time with her.

Hi All, had not been posting here for so long too... Recently visited the forum again as was preggie again and jus delivered my gal on 12 Aug'07.
happy.gif

btw, congrats to those who had delivered their number 2 already!
happy.gif
Evelyn, r u going for number 3?

Like mgteo, was also very bz in office, so can only log in as and when... and guilty to say, when i log in, only visit the BP and the overseas sprees to buy things.
lame.gif

Mgteo, Claira is so cute, she even know how to pose for camera!
happy.gif

Ocean: congratulation on your deliver of a baby girl. My 2nd boy was delivered on 17 Jul & I think Angela delivered on 24 Aug. Take care & enjoy your confinement.

MGTeo: This explained why we never hear from you for so long. Claira is a J Pop Princess, like Japanese doll. How is she now?

Blanche: Thanks for the co-ordination. It's so wonderful to meet up again. I will confirm with you again on my brother's attendance. His 22 mth old daugther had fits again yesterday & is now hospitalised.

catz: This course is a part-time study which is designed for working adults. You only need to attend 1 week lessons in the evenings from Mon-Fri & full day on Sat. This classroom lessons are conducted every 4-6 weeks. There are lots of reading to be done prior to the class & assignments to complete. So if you enjoy reading & have interest in this area, it should be no problem for you. There is a huge demand for qualified people in this industry. u can visit the website under RTRC Asia Pte Ltd for more info.

Marcus has been an easy baby unlike his brother who is more spirited and colicky. Have yet to load his pix but he looks exactly like Lucas except that Marcus does not have dimples. Most pple couldn't tell from the pix if the baby is Marcus or Lucas.

Ocean, congratulations!!!! think most mummies here have 2 boys
happy.gif
You have 2 girls! Wow..

MG, Claira is so cute.. really knows how to pose eh?

Blanche, wow, thanks so much for the coord! I hope to get my hb to join in but dunno whether he can make it
sad.gif
He's out in the field, camping beneath the stars as we speak.. he has not been home very much these past 3 weeks.. even weekends he works till late! So I hv to tumpang your house as storage for my cardboard till I see you on the 15th.. so sorry!!! Paiseh!

Tetra, I think it's usually the case - first one easy, second one difficult.. or first one difficult, second one easy! Mine's the first case..haha
happy.gif
Thanks for the info on the course. Full day Sat is not doable for me unfortunately. Hub is away a lot
sad.gif

Wow Tetra, so u had a gal and a boy?
happy.gif
Tat's a "hao" word in mandrain! Congrats to u too.
biggrin.gif

Catz, I like to have a boy too leh.
happy.gif
But still a gal gal. Hahahaa...
lol.gif
Catz, u dun scare me with the first one easy and second one difficult theory... Heard a few pple mentioned n hope this wun apply. Very tired to go through all these all over again...
lame.gif
Oh, and hope ur hubby can be home much often.. quite sian if cant see him hor...

Take care all cos really not easy to manage 2...
lame.gif

Ocean: No lah, you've mistaken. I have 2 boys. Actually don't mind to have boys even 3 boys, but if can have a girl will be great. It will be a new parenting experience.

catz: can understand your situation. Me also will not be very happy if hubby has to work on Sat and late on weekdays but can't say much since it is due to work. Sometimes didn't even have chance to talk since most of our time is shared with our kids. The last time when we had time to talk, we chat till 2am last week. BUt i must say we are very lucky to have our hubby working in S'pore, imagine hubby has to be posted overseas for 2 years.

Got this from a gf, kekeke...

When you have to visit a public bathroom, you usually find a line of
women, so you smile politely and take your place. Once it's your
turn, you check for feet under the stall doors. Every stall is occupied.

Finally, a door opens and you dash in, nearly knocking down the woman leaving the stall.

You get in to find the door won't latch. It doesn't matter, the wait
has been so long you are about to wet your pants! The dispenser for
the modern 'seat covers' (invented by someone's Mum, no doubt) is
handy, but empty. You would hang your handbag on the door hook, if there was one, but there isn't - so you carefully, but quickly drape
it around your neck, (Mum would turn over in her grave if you put it on the FLOOR! ), yank down your pants, and assume ' The Stance.'

In this position your aging, toneless thigh muscles begin to shake.
You'd love to sit down, but you certainly hadn't taken time to wipe
the seat or lay toilet paper on it, so you hold 'The Stance.'

To take your mind off your trembling thighs, you reach for what you
discover to be the empty toilet paper dispenser. In your mind, you
can hear your mother's voice saying, 'Honey, if you had tried to
clean the seat, you would have KNOWN there was no toilet paper!' Your thighs shake more.

You remember the tiny tissue that you blew your nose on yesterday -
the one that's still in your bag. (Oh yeah, the bag around your
neck, that now, you have to hold up trying not to strangle yourself
at the same time). That would have to do. You crumple it in the
puffiest way possible. It's still smaller than your thumbnail

Someone pushes your door open because the latch doesn't work. The
door hits your handbag, which is hanging around your neck in front of your chest, and you and your bag topple backward against the tank of the toilet. 'Occupied!' you scream, as you reach for the door,
dropping your precious, tiny, crumpled tissue in a puddle on the
floor, lose your footing altogether, and slide down directly onto the
TOILET SEAT . It is wet of course. You bolt up, knowing all too well
that it's too late.
Your bare bottom has made contact with every imaginable germ and life form on the uncovered seat because YOU never laid down toilet paper - not that there was any, even if you had taken time to try. You know that your mother would be utterly appalled if she knew, because, you're certain her bare bottom never touched a public toilet seat because, frankly, dear, 'You just don't KNOW what kind of diseases you could get.'

By this time, the automatic sensor on the back of the toilet is so
confused that it flushes, propelling a stream of water like a fire
hose against the inside of the bowl that sprays a fine mist of water
that covers your butt and runs down your legs and into your shoes.
The flush somehow sucks everything down with such force that you grab onto the empty toilet paper dispenser for fear of being dragged in too.

At this point, you give up. You're soaked by the spewing water and
the wet toilet seat. You're exhausted. You try to wipe with a gum
wrapper you found in your pocket and then slink out inconspicuously to the sinks.

You can't figure out how to operate the faucets with the automatic
sensors, so you wipe your hands with spit and a dry paper towel and
walk past the line of women still waiting.

You are no longer able to smile politely to them. A kind soul at the
very end of the line points out a piece of toilet paper trailing from
your shoe. (Where was that when you NEEDED it??) You yank the paper from your shoe, plunk it in the woman's hand and tell her warmly, 'Here, you just might need this.'

As you exit, you spot your hubby, who has long since entered, used,
and left the men's restroom. Annoyed, he asks, 'What took you so
long, and why is your handbag hanging around your neck?'

This is dedicated to women everywhere who deal with a public
restrooms (rest??? you've GOT to be kidding!!). It finally explains
to the men what really does take us so long. It also answers their
other commonly asked questions about why women go to the restroom in pairs. It's so the other gal can hold the door, hang onto your bag and hand you Kleenex under the door!

This HAD to be written by a woman! No one else could describe it so
accurately!
Send this to all women that need a good laugh AND, don't forget to
have a mammogram!!!!!! It could save your life!
A Friend Is Like A Good Bra...
Hard to Find
Supportive
Comfortable
Always Lifts You Up
Never Lets You Down or Leaves You Hanging And Is Always Close To Your Heart!!!

Hi all, been mia for a while, was real busy with 2 kids. Hardly have any time for myself!!

Just wanna show u all an updated pix of Hurley.

957225.jpg

Morning, woke up as BB feeding time and going to pump milk later. Me still in confinement but this time din really follow due to rashes and allergy...

Tetra, wow, u wanna have 3? I gave up, was thinking y i wanna give birth to another... 2 is enough.
happy.gif
Unless i forgotten after awhile... It is so tiring.

Gals, how u all managed with 2 kids har??

Yvonne, Hurley is so chubby and cute.How many mths is he now?

Ocean, poor you.. why rashes and allergy? 2 kids ah, not easy... take all the help you can get
happy.gif
Rest whenever you can!

Yvonne, Hurley is so chubby!

Piggy, that email is soooo true!

Tetra,
Thanks for having us today. It was nice to sit n chat. Wish we could chat longer.
happy.gif

Lucas is very well behaved today, especially when the TV was on for him.... he is really engrossed.
And little Marcus is exactly like kor kor. He seems such a easy baby.
happy.gif
When we came downstairs, Linus said, "Baby want go Aunty Tetra house again, now." haha.... I think he enjoyed himself very much too.
happy.gif

Evelyn,
Nice to meet up again. Too bad that u can't stay longer. Do send me the pictures that u took today, ok? btw, Wilfred is really a very gentle boy. By comparison, Linus is very "chor lor".
happy.gif

Piggy/eve: thanks for taking the time to visit us. I think the kids have great fun. Pls do drop by again so tt we can chat & the kids can play. The kids are special in their own ways but piggy's sharing on Linus is really funny. He must have liked me too, to come over & let me carry him. Eve: Your sons are so wel-behaved. Must learn from you.

blanche: can I let you know if my brother's family is joining us by this Thursday? Is it too late?

ocean: I had en elective cesaerian so din go through any labour pain, that's why don't mind to go for a third child. Age catching up, it is like now or never decision. Probably wait till 2nd one is about 1 yr old first before planning.

I am still learning to cope with 2 kids @ my best ability. Having a domestic helper does make a great difference. She helps me to take care of the housework, meals, & handling of the kids when I need to rest. At least I can spend more time with the 1st one while helper looks after the 2nd one though he sleeps most of the time.

Ladies,

MIA for sometime as Jayden s down with UTI last week. It was a horrifying week for me and I go to stay in with him for 3 days. Plus I started new job on Mon, was very stressed. NOw he is on antibotics and due for further scanning and xrays next mth.. really very sad to see him go thru this.. sob

hi twinkle, oh no, poor Jayden!! UTI!! :p Think Blanche has gone through this with Ashton. Hope he gets well soon without any recurrance. Poor you.. starting new job is stressful enough as it is. Do take care!!!

Tetra, wah you can even consider 3rd one ah? Hehe.. I'm confirmed CLOSE SHOP!!

Hi Tetra, Piggy
Its a pleasure to meet your again! Linus and Lucas really BIG boy oredi and can talk very well!
hehe thanks for the compliments! But Wilfred can be very fierce if he has to be :p

Hi Ocean,
Congrats to you!
No 3??? Haha! Still In Dilemma! ^.^

Just for sharing....
960434.jpg

960435.jpg

Hi all.

Nice to have photos of the kiddos to see on a cold, deary monday morning
happy.gif
the kids just brighten up the day. (Hee, good that my boys have a blog, so at work, when I miss them, I always go in to take a peek... haha, me thinks I contribute to the hit counter the most :p )

The boys all look like realy big boys already. Not long ago, they were just tiny little babies, now all so big and handsome
happy.gif

Tetra,
Actually, I've included your bro and family into the numbers. Not a problem if they do/do not turn up. Should be fine
happy.gif

Twinkle
Hang in there, Jayden will be well real soon! I know how that feels, catz is right, ash had that when he was three months old, luckily, there's no recurrence thus far *keeping fingers crossed*. Paed says it's one of those things that happens without reasons (probably sway sway kena the bacteria in the poo), so we just change his diapers real regularly.

Catz,
Hope you are feeling well soon
happy.gif

Slamdunk,
How are you? Haven't heard from you for quite sometime ...

No3
Hmmm... me also feeling like having no3... haha...NOW!!! but practicality steps in... hee. think it'll be better for ayden if no3 comes later, at least, he gets to enjoy more attention before attention gets further divided again. Seeing the tow boys interact is really quite enjoyable, and of course they squabble too. As I tell Catz over the email:

<font color="aa00aa">"Ayden is getting really really mobile and disturbing his korkor big time.... haha. the thing is he loves sticking to his kor kor and mimicking him in all that he does, which gets on ash's nerves cos ayden still doesn't know how to play properly... haha. ends up ayden destroying the tracks that thomas travels on, knocking down the towers that he builts, drawing over the precious little face drawiing that he drew, spilling over his make-believe soup that he cooks, destroying the puzzles that he painstakingly pieces together.... haha. as you can see, ayden is being a big nuisance to kor kor... haha, but all cos he adores him too much. The only time they "collaborate" is when ash wants to go swimming. he would tell ayden that and didi would go with him to the room where the swim stuff are kept and both of them would take out their swim wear and toys and bring them to where we are. very very cute!! ayden will hold on to his swim cap and crawl all the way to us.... love them to bits esp when they start yanking each other sleeves... hahaha!!!"</font>

Photos of my precious. (and yeap, my younger one still has NO TEETH, at ONE year old.... hahaha... and no hair too :p)

960922.jpg

960923.jpg

check out the hair!

960924.jpg

Evelyn,
Thanks for loading pics up.
happy.gif

Blanche,
Both your boys look very much alike. It's good that they are getting on well, despite the occasional quibble.
happy.gif

By the way, for this Sat, where do you reackon is the best place to park?

tetra,
Sherman has the same Thomas train water bottle. =)

Piggy,
Linus is very fair and looks nicely chubby. My Sherman has been losing weight ever since we started sending him to playschool. Every week also sick, no appetite, or vomit all his dinner because of cough etc. Quite sim tia, can see all the ribs now, no more chubby chubby like last time.

Oceans, congrats!

Haiz, you girls who have 2 already must sprinkle some more baby dust on me. Dunno what happened leh, still no news after 9 months of trying, but Ms Flo is v regular. Going to see gynea for checkup next Mon, hope nothing wrong.

BabyD,
I think falling sick in the beginning when attending play school is very normal. That's why I delay sending him till next year as I feel that by 3year or "offical 4year old", they will be stronger. Have u tried Sambucol to boost up his immune system?

hi ladies,

busy busy so yet to read all the past postings. but all the boys in the pic look so grown up!
happy.gif

is sat confirmed at 10am? do we need to gather somewhere first before going in as a group?

Hi all.

Yeap, the Fire Station is confirmed. It's on this Sat, 10am at Central Fire Station. Shall we meet in the fire-station at 9.45am

Map to the place can be found at:http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_1310/travel_site_12922/

According to street directory.com, the nearest MRT station is City Hall, 0.4kn away.

5) Nick: Evelyn: 2 adults, 2 children
6) Nick: Blanche: 2 adults, 2 children
9) Nick: Tetra bro: 2 adults, 2 children (TBC)

Hi Piggy, do you still use Sambucol everyday for Linus? My hubby religiously takes it and I've been giving it to Timothy.. somehow he just can't shake this persistent cough for about 1.5 months.. it's not serious but it's just irritating. Wah Linus is such a big boy.. u know I had to stare really hard at the picture before I recognised Lucas and Linus?!! The 2 W's I recognised straight away!!
happy.gif

Blanche, my husband isn't sure if he'll be able to make it 'cos he's on exercise right now so he might be back in the wee hours of Saturday morning and therefore unable to babysit Bethany
sad.gif
Can I keep you posted via SMS? I really hope to be able to make it!!! Arghh!! Thanks for all the preparation and hard work to do this for the Jan babes!

Timothy today asked me to have another baby..haha.. I told him.. if you hv a baby brother, you will have to share your room. After that, he diam diam, don't dare to ask for baby anymore..hahahahahaha..

Quite excited 'cos next Friday, hub and I will be gg for Marymount kindy parent orientation. The kids will have a proper orientation in Dec. Can you imagine?!! So excited but I think I will surely cry on the first day of kindy.. my little baby all grown up and gg to school!!!

Blanche: My brother's family is not going. I and Lucas will still be there. My mum may join us. See everyone there tomorrow!

Hi all, popping by to say hello.

Thanks all!
happy.gif
Last time always asked pple to give birth to more children, now myself hor, find that it is really hard to take care of just 1 BB, not to mention 2. Plus me is no cooker.. dun noe how to cook leh...
lame.gif

BabyD, goodluck for ur checkup next Mon. Keep us updated. BB Dust for u!
biggrin.gif

The firestation is near the ROM rite? Enjoy ur trip tomorrow!
happy.gif

Tetra, I had an easy labour this time too. Reached KKH when i was already 8cm dilated. Nurse was shocked when she checked on me as i had walked up to the delivery suite myself when hb went parking, and immediately was rush to the delivery ward. Actually i thot i was only 3cm diliated and nurse was impressed with my pain tolence level!
lame.gif
Within 12 mins, no time for epidural, for injection or anything, BB Gracia arrived.
happy.gif

So, u c, not much of labour pain though had lots of side effect, such as stretch mark rashes, allergy rashes, cant walk after delivery due to pain... Thus, really not thinking of having number 3!

But, i will still encourage u and Evelyn to go for another as i really think u both are ready!
happy.gif

It was a great excursion @ the Central Fire Station for both of us. We will go there again with my hubby since he misses out the 'adventure' with Lucas. I had a great time too, chatting with all the mums. The boys still look the same except that they have all grown taller. The boys are so shy, need time to warm up to each other. We must stay in contact & meet up regularly so tt our boys can have friends to grow up together. I was just sharing with some of the mums that maybe 20 years from now, we may be sending our sons for their NS & shedding tears together.

Just before we left, the officer told us tt the heritage gallery was opened & we should take a look. Together with Evelyn & her 2 sons, we visited the gallery & had great fun there. Not only it was air-conditioned, they had the various fire engines from different era for phototaking. The steam engine was awesome especially when Lucas is crazy about train. There are a few activities for kids i.e. sketching, wearing a kiddy fire officer uniform, etc. There is a retail shop to buy the helmet & fire engines toys. I think the officer should have told us earlier when we were waiting for the rain to stop. So do visit the gallery if you plan to go there again.

babyd: hope to hear your good news soon but don't stress yourself.

slamdunk: do take care & enjoy the last mth of your pregnancy.

dolphina: hope to see you posting here more often. so much to share & update with each other.

piggy: din have much time to chat with you. Can see you tt are very occupied with Linus. Does he have a good time & talk about it after the trip? when are you going to the Science Centre Park? Thot of bringing Lucas there either one of these weekdays or Sat.

blanche: Thank you for initiating & coordinating this trip. It was fantastic. Ashley is just so adventurous, he's always the 1st to try everything. And I think Ayden is so well-behaved, he must be wondering how come got so many kor kors.

Eve: yah, we shall co-ordinate more field trips together since we r staying so near to each other. Shall we organise 1 trip to Sembawang Park on one of the Sat morning when both of our hubbies are working?

And thank you for helping me to take photos for Lucas & me. Appreciated. Thank you once again!

Blanche,
Thanks so much for organising the trip.
happy.gif
We had great fun. Linus is still very unsure about the place n I think he has not fully warmed up. As for Ashton, he is great! Very adventurous and yes, agree with Tetra, first to try everything. Can u kindly email the family pic that your HB took for us when u find time? Really silly of me not to bring my camera.

Tetra,
Yes, not much time to talk. Forgot about the heritage gallery n we head to funan, had a quick bite, then go home. I think Linus is still too scared to participate. He didn't want to go up to the fire engine. I am sure if I bring him there a few more times, he will start to demand the officers to show him this n that.

BabyD,
Great to see you again. Shermen is indeed shy but I think he will not be when he grows older n is more able to understand that those battery operated toys are meant for fun only.
happy.gif

Dolphina,
Jovann is a very tall boy.
happy.gif
I think he is the tallest among all the boys that day.

Eve,
Waiting for you to organise another gathering, ok?

Slamdunk,
Seeing you so advanced n popping next month brings back the memories of being preggie. kekeke.. Take care n do update us when Ah girl arrives, ok?

Mummies

Did not join in the outing as Jayden is still on medication. This Sat going for the MCU test(dont knw correct spelling) and scanning to ensure everything is ok, no backflow of urine etc...It has been a stresssful period for me cos ferlin is difficult to manage nowadays, throwing tantrums everyday. I m still expressing breast milk and also very new to the job.. wa.. shed men...so many things to handle at one time..

Blanche,

Your boy went thru UTI? Did Pd recommend him for the scanning? PD says 50% of boys under 1 yr who gets UTI, 50% could be due to congenital abnorm.. so I am very worried leh.. Hope everything is fine...

Hi ladies,
Nice to meet you all! We really enjoyed the trip. Blanche, thanks a lot for the wonderful trip!

Piggy,
No problem!
happy.gif

Tetra,
Sembawang Park? Thats great! Let me know when ok? My sons love to go there again!

Oh Twinkle,
I hope Jayden will be ok, dont worry. What happened to ferlin? Try to spend some time with her, she needs you too!

hi everyone, so sad that we had to miss the fun outing!!!

goodness, all the 'babies' here are no longer babies!!! jov and sherman look sooooo tall.

twinkle, poor you. my hb is also having UTI and prostate infection :p

Eve,

Ferlin is probably jealous of her didi, seekng lots of attention...she is very demanding nowadays and will cry if we ignore her pleas.. in short she is difficult to manage..

All the kids look so grown up.. will try to join in the gathering next time...

Catz,
ur hubby so poor thing, infection serious ornot, ur hubby quite weak also right, rem u told us he was sick quite a no of times...

Catz,
Is there any reason why your HB gets the UTI?

Twinkle,
I think Ferlin is being noti out of jelousy. Tetra mentioned b4 that if she spent half hour only on Lucas when she gets home, he will be ok the whole day. What about trying? Just some time just concentrating on her and telling her that she is very special to give her your assuarance that she is loved?

Sad Day
Yesterday, my dog of 15years passed away due to heart failure. So sad for the family. My son asked me where did she go? I told him "Dog Haven" n he asked me "What she do there?" followed by, "What dog shall we buy?" and later, "Buy one terrapin for baby."....

piggy: so sorry to hear about your doggy's demise. Linus is always full of surprises. He is really the delight for your family.

catz: hope yr hubby is better now. really shiong if one parent is down & have to handle 2 young kids. But I think you can lah, just remember to take care of yourself too.

twinkle: Till to date, Lucas is still testing our limits. We believe 2 things come together: 1st he has a baby brother so need to make adjustment to his life. 2nd he is in this 'terrible 2', an age that he is developing his autonomy but still need lots of security & assurance from the parents. They also still trying to make sense of what's going around them, they still do not have the brain ability to be aware of their feelings & regulate their emotions & behaviour. Lots of guidance is still required, they may shut down when you try to talk to them so scolding & lecturing is of no use. Still must continue to talk to them but in a firm & kind manner. @ this age, it requires constant supervision, distract & redirect their negative energy to something more appropriate. They will grow out of this period when they are more developed so tt they have the ability & skills to handle their own feelings. We just have to be around to guide them in picking these new skills.

Reality dose: Having said that, we are still learning to cope. Sometimes one of us will step out to cool down when Lucas just doesn't stop his tantrums despite what we do. Just like a few days ago, I had to drag him to bathe after coming back from zoo. He screamed & was so angry. I regretted & was sorry for my action. I should have calmed down & perhaps given him a wipe down instead since he was sleepy. I did not respect his feelings & his needs @ that moment. So whenever you feel your blood boiling, step out & cool down. Come back & attend to Ferlin again & you will find that you have more patience & creativity to diffuse the situation. Sometimes a quiet hug is all they need. The last thing they need is a spank or scolding from us when what they need is attention. We r still learning from our mistakes & hope tt Lucas will ride through this period smoothly.

I am also going to talk to my helper 'cause it can be emotionally draining to handle 2 kids @ home.

Hi all,

Hurley is going to be 7mths old soon!! Hehe... Time really files.... can't believe that i actually handle 2 kids everyday for almost 7mths liao. Haha.... =P

Yvonne,
Really love the pic of Hurley that u posted. Can post more pics to brighten our days? She is soooooooooo cute...

Tetra,
I think the arrival of another baby must be a great thing to a toddler. Suddenly no longer the baby and not getting all the attention must be very disturbing. I think as adults, sometimes we fail to see from the child's view + tiredness from taking care of baby + work committment + money balancing = impatience with the elder child. This makes us not realised that we are being harsh. Anyway, I think u are doing a great job for Lucas n Marcus.
happy.gif

Catz,
How is you Marymount "sitting"? Btw, hope your hb is well now? As for Sambucal, I stopped giving Linus as he is on TCM medication. Aiya, my poor boy woke up on Saturday bleeding from his nose after poking n picking n rubbing it while sleeping.....

Twinkle,
Hope Jayden has fully recovered? Don't worry lah, statistics are there as a guide only. These doctors/clincal statistician need to come out with some study, else got no job liao.

BabyD,
How is your check up huh?

Thanks Piggy for the encouragement. I think I still have lots to learn. I realised that for me to enjoy the one-to-one time with the kids, I really have to take care of myself - make sure I've enough rest (insufficient sleep makes me very short fused) & also time for myself, take one thing @ a time. So I think it is our responsibility to take care of our well-being. We are like the angel & hero to our kids. (machiam like real...haha)

Sigh...going back to work next work when I just started to bond with Marcus (can play & laugh already). Office place is getting worse after weekly sharing from my colleagues. Power struggles among the mgmt staff which I think is the same in other companies too.

tonight is the lantern festival, going to Lucas's school in the evening for celebration, followed by the lantern walk along the river below my flat.

eve: hope to c you all there tonight (along the river). During this morning walk with Lucas, spotted 2 big monitor lizards @ the river bank. cool...

Aiya, I didnt read the forum until now..sorry Tetra, Ive missed it!

After dinner, we took our boys with lanterns and walked to the nearby playground, I was surprised to see so many kids with lanterns walking around this year, it was really cool and fun to walk together with the kids!
happy.gif

Hi all,

We're back from our HK trip, real tiring I must say, cos we only brought one pram, so had to ergo ayden throughout the trip. We miscalculated and thot that he could walk by now, but alas, haha, this one really taking his own sweet time with things, growing teeth, hair, learning how to walk... hehe. Only thing he's faster than kor-kor is his quick-temper and his vocals. He makes so much more vocalisation compared to ash then.

Overall, it was a VERY enjoyable trip
happy.gif
Can see that the boys enjoyed it lots, and that's all matters to us, even at the extent of not shopping for me, the shoppping queen. Everytime, we want to go shopping, ash wants to go back to hotelll sigh, probably something daddy taught him to do :p Surprisingly, even ayd enjoyed it. When he sees mickey mouse and gang, he'll flap his arms and move his body and makes sounds. As for ashton, when he saw them in real, the look is so so so funny!!! It's the drop-jaw, so surprise look. LIke machiam we see our idol!! When he came back to Singapore, he even called out mickey in his sleep!!!

Okay, for photos, can go to the blog, www.cheekiemonkie.blogspot.com. Too many photos to post here
happy.gif

Twinkle
Sorry, only saw your message now. Don't worry, have faith, I'm sure yuor boy is fine. AShton also underwent the MCU, we struggled with whether to let him go for it cos it'll cause some amt of discomfort, in the end, we decided to go for it, as we want to rule out any defects. If it's any consolation, they are very young and would not remember the experience. Beats having them go through it, at sya three-year-old.

Tetra,
Ashton is also undergoing the demanding stage, and I attribute it to them being able to make their own decisions now, which is why they want us to respect it as well. As far as possible, if it does not cause them pain or hurt, I'll try to give in. Don't want to suppress him too much and ends up him not wanting to make decisions for himself. Yeap, this is at the expense of mismatched clothes and all... HAHA!!

Piggylee,
Okie, will pass you the photos we took. Can I have your email addy?

When I've got the time, will upload the photos on photo-sharing sites for all to view....

Back