(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

MMR
babies who taken MMR.

last friday quinn took his MMR and saturday upon waking up, hes quite cranky. then sunday whole day with hubbys family member. they went sentosa *ACTUALLY DUN WISH TO GO AS I WANT HIM TO REST BUT AFTER MIL CRYING ISSUE, MOST SUNDAYSSS WILL BE HERS* and quinn miss his nap in the afternoon *can tell hes super tired BUT cant fall asleep* and we reach home late as went to dinner too. tat nite onwards, quinn has been waking up EVERY nite and cant get back to sleep. though he use to wake up MOST of the nite for milk but tis time round is diff. he can wake up AFEW times and not wanting to sleep. sometimes he will fuss and most of the time he looks very energetic, playing and running ard. but daytime is really tough for me..... hes super cranky, screams and cries at the SLIGHTEST issue, cant nap properly, use to be 3 hours but these days only 1 hr or so and will wake up crying. now all u can hear from him is crying and fussing, i really dun know wats wrong. besides tat, his food / milk intake not affected. anyone experience anything besides fever from MMR?

Medusa,

Clean floor as in vacuum, mopping or vacuum+mopping? My hse will get dirty after 2-3 days of cleaning so 1 wk must vacuum at least twice but we nvr do so lah. After work so tire liao, where got energy to vacuum. But if ve maid then diff lor *evil smile*.

lil devil,

Nat was quite cranky for the last 2 wks after she ve her MMR jab eg screams and cries at the SLIGHTEST issue, want my hb to carry her all the time when we reached home..... My hb was quite worried and want to brg her to see doc. But i stop him lah becos im sure nat was nt sick. I told him she is feeling uncomfortable becos of teething(Indeed she is). It nvr came across my mind that her crankiness was due to the MMR leh. Now think back, might be hor. I think the medicine react in their body.

Medusa
Wah looks like u r very SERIOUS in PT Athena, devoting so much time & effort to it :p

Little Devil
Think keira has recovered from the MMR fever but she is also SUPER cranky nowadays. She sleeps about 1 - 2 hrs in the afternoon. SHe "upgraded" her sleeping time from 10pm to 12 midnite nowadays too *shake head*

evelyn
phewww..... i tot i am the ONLY 1 who kenna tis..... as iam quite worried tis time as quinn is NEVER like tis. as i said, he STILL wakes up for milk *haiz* but will goes back to sleep straight after kind. tis time round when he wakes up for milk, he will be AWAKE!!! very awake and energetic! cant get back into his sleep. and day time is all abt crying, fussing, and when he got very angry, he hit himself!!!! for straight 5 nites, me woke up from ealiest 2am *sometimes i have not even turn in tat time* and will stay awake with him till like 5-6am........

purple{pcs,}
don't worry abt keira not speaking well.. i think no one can beat Shanice!

she's still at her "pah pah".. now just starting "kor kor".

a bit worried later gotta send her for speech therapy!
sad.gif

angelia, no lar, where got so serious need speech therapy. Do you all talk her alot? Do talk to her as much as you can, about everything under the sun, even if you have nothing specific to say to her, just think out loud also can. Like ask her what she wants to wear/eat/how she feels, tell her what you plan to do/wear/eat today and why, explain everything to her, tell her how stuff works, basically talk about everything you can. It really makes a huge diff.

lil devil, could he be unwell? Could be a case of coincidence, maybe he caught a bug or something while his immune system was bz helping him recuperate from his MMR jab.
WORDS- faye says tractor as 'tactor!' but she can say fish as 'feesh!' hehehe

Evelyn & Pcs,
oh heavy cleaning once wkly (dust, sweep, mop!), then daily magic-clean sweep to pick up dust/ hair lor. Abit worried can't cope when dog comes, newborn comes, toddler acts up- need to make sure got enough "hands"!

Ladies, I was so bohliao I skimmed thru our old archives... so heartwarming, saw all the baby-ish pics of our tods, and everyone lending their ears and advice to each other. Like the other time I had meltdown when A was 4mths and taking 9 feeds daily, and I suddenly cold-turkey lengthen her feeds, wean pacifier and tried to CIO her unsuccessfully.

<font color="aa00aa">berry,</font>
ya, we often talk to her, and sings to her a lot too.. but she still doesn't want to open her "golden" mouth yet. hiaz...

now can only hope that she's absorbing everything and 1 fine day speak to us in sentences.. hahahaha

berry
ummmm... i also dun know. seriously i also did tot tat could he be unwell???.... but besides his crankiness and disturbed sleepssss..... nohing else. he eats and drinks well, as active as ever, playful still *just tat will fuss over the slightest issue* and tis afternoon, hes up just after 1 hr nap *usually abt 3* and was crying, and signal me tat he wants milk. so i ask him is it tat he wants milk? he say yes so i give it to him and cuddle him after hed done with his milk. and he fell asleep again, in koala position with me sitting on my bed. then i put him bk to his mattress and he slept another 2 hrs. after woke up, didnt cry *rest enough liao* and knock on the door. he welcome me with big big smile and he okie. i really dun know wats wrong???? i was tiking even if i bring him to dr, wat can i tell the dr???? i really hope tonite all these nitemare will stop...... pray hard hard!!!

angelia
i guess its still early to worry, i have witness afew of my relatives tods and afew frens tods didnt utter much but once they reach like 2 years old, they speaks like nobody business!!! just out of sudden they talk and speaks very very well type. and afew somemore super talkative tat we even joke about it, saying tat they must be enduring all these while and now suddenly they able to communicate, they will do it DOUBLE! wahahahaha!!!

berry
reading about ur question to angelia *talking to our tods about anything* makes me laugh!! becos i really talk to quinn about anything, like when i went shopping and was browsing some clothes on the rack, i will "ummm.... tis is nice" then i will turn to quinn "quinn, isnt tis nice but theres white and grey, which is better"? tats was like when hes only 6-7 months old :p tat time hes still in his stroller and pp ard will turn ard to check WHO am i actually talking to and some will give me STUPID expression tat i dun really appreciate!

lil devil, wahahaha I do that too!
biggrin.gif
And I also get raised-eyebrow looks at times hehe :p Sometimes at malls I ask her which direction we should be going, what do we wanna check out first, where shall we have lunch and whether we are going anywhere else after that. sometimes hor, she will reply wan, but her replies still abit irrelevant for now wahaha- that day at a mall I asked her which level shall we go first and she reply 'sand!! sand!! play! It means she was asking to go to west coast park to play with sand!
lol.gif

OMG.... Keira sleeps at 1.30am yesterday and she wakes up crying at 5.30am crying *pengz*
Feel like a zombie in the office.
WHATS wrong with her????
Anyone bb has such problems when teething molars. (I suspected due to molars)
She drinks only 4 oz of milk last nite and 2 oz this morning. Very heartpain coz she has NEVER rejected her fav milk even when she is sick.

Angelia
Devil &amp; Berry its right. My HB only starts talking when he is about 2.5 yrs old. My MIL thought he is a mute. BUT when he started talking, he speaks very well in full sentence.
Shanice will suprise u one day with her sentences.

Little Devil
Keira takes the jab on 28 Feb

Hi Littledevil

Nicole take the MMR jab same day as Quinn (24 March) We did not delay and take on exactly 15mth as per polyclinic schedule.

Nicole was along cranky at nite and wake up a few time during the nite. So I oso dun know whether the MMR jab causes it. But I did notice on Sat nite, she wake up a few time crying very badly and unconsolable. I had to carry and hug her real tight then she will stop. At the same time she is oso teething her molar, all her teethign come at the same time now she have a bt 15 teeth.

Cos I was on leave lst week to monitor her I find many funny habit of Nicole. She will sigh very often, (it it common in baby??), will let out big sigh and show tat she feel boring. Cos due to teh jab and bad polluction, sh keep her in door. She will let go big smile when we open the door showing sign of gog out.

I am alway a big panda during weekend (cos I only brign her back on weekend). But she can really sleep well at PIL place cos she sleep on sarong during day time there.

PCS! Yes! Jean woke up on Fri wee hours too... screaming and crying... we oso dunno what's the problem... but she's been drooling as well stuffing fingers in her mouth... maybe it's really the molars...

berry
i really dun give a DAMN about wat they tik about me talking to a umm... baby. to me, i love doing tat!

pcs
is kiera rarely like tat?

wendypooh
i actually wonder when will it consider SAFE after MMR. dr says some effects will starts to show within 7 - 15 days. but theres also cases tat tods will show reaction like fever only after 3 days so it depends. so i wonder is it after 15 days means SAFE liao??

yah, pollution bad but hor i still tik its not very healthy if they stay indoor too much. i use to bring quinn to playground everyday or alternate day but now no, due to the HFMD increasing and quinn loves to sticks his fingers into his mouth so i tik since the playground is frquent by kids, better for him to stay out and actually he dun really fancy playground in the first place. he prefers to walk around touching plants all tat so its okie to give playground a miss. so wat i do is bring him to mil place or my mums place or park *he love tat with birds, cats, plants, flowers and trees* maybe u can consider going to park?

i guess it doesnt mean anything when she sigh rite.... maybe boredom and i just wonder maybe the person who take care of her during weekdays sigh so she follows?? as they always mimic wat we adults do. could it be possible?

MMR vs TEETHING MOLAR
umm.... quinn does fuss or crankier when he teeth his molars but compare to wat happen lately is peanuts lah. so if hes really fine, meaning not feeling unwell, i tik MMR DOES has effects on him, affecting his mood and sleeping pattern. some says MMR will cause some discomfort beside usual effects like fever, rashes, lump at the groin area *if jab at the rite side of butt, the lump will be ard the rite groin, its common* some suggest giving paracetamol to ease discomfort BUT i still didnt give him lah as quite anti medicine if its nothing serious.

MMR
I thought I quite lucky, Ethan didn't have fever for long time after MMR, but fever came up on 10 or 11 day. But still OK, not so cranky, but on 11th night, after his bath I notice some (3?) red spots on his body, which I heard some babies get from MMR. But still didn't bother him until night time around 5am, he woke up and cranky, so I turned the light on and check his body, saw like 1 mosquito bite on his belly.. thought maybe he had insect bite, so just cuddle him make him go back to sleep. 10 minutes later, he woke up crying, I switched on the light to check again, OMG, his whole front from neck to waist covered with HIVES!! Poor baby so itchy and uncomfortable and I don't have anything in the house for baby to apply for HIVES, I used Aloe Vera gel and hope for the best. Then I sleep next to him on the bed and whenever he cry I gently scratch his tummy to try to relieve the itch.. next day was Saturday had to go hospital A&amp;E. Doctor says it's not due to MMR, but I'm still unsure, anyway prescribed him antihistamines which was great because the hives went down and also it made him drowsy and he slept for few hours..

Anyway this happened few weeks back, just thought I'd share this now since talking about MMR.

Talking Tots
Angelia, my Ethan still not talking as much as most kids here. Even his friend who's 4 days younger than him can make more words, and she also imitates the words her mother makes. She still can't walk, but her mother not too worried. My nephew also started talking only after 2 years old, and his vocab increase very fast.

Angelia,
is Shanice exposed to a bilingual environment? cos if a toddler is learning 2 or more languages simultaneously, they will tend to start speaking a little later than toddlers who are exposed to only 1 language.

kelly,
Gab is born on the 35th week ah! no wonder Esther &amp; his birthdate end up so close. cos Esther is born 3 weeks early too...at fullterm zhun zhun (37weeks). i took med to keep Esther fm popping too. but for a diff reason. still remember when i was told to stop eating the med at 36week, i was like....errr, is my bb gonna pop the next day???? quite scary
kao_dizzy.gif

QUINN AND HIS MMR
okie, after a week of fussing and crying and disturbed sleep, quinn develop fever. tis morning upon waking up, hes abit more warm than usual and temp. at 37.2 then 37.4 then 37.5. didnt give paracetamol till hubby and me reach home *my mum will be here every sunday or saturday *if sunday reserved by my mil* so hubby and me can have some time alone. temp. at 38.1 so decided to give paracetamol. afew red bumps on his body, 1 on his inner thigh, 1 on his rite cheek and 1 on his left calf. so got to monitor.

Little Devil
She is rarely so cranky. I notice these changes after MMR /after 17 mths.
1)sleeping patterns. (delay sleeping from 10pm to 11.30pm or later).
2)Change in behaviour (extremely demanding, maybe terrible 2 starting).
3)Drop in consumption (from 8oz to 6 oz on gd days)

It could be also due to teething molars or all the above reasons

Hi littledevil
thank for the suggestion for the outing. Nicole is super hot girl she will get grouchy and fussy once she sweat. So i alway brign her to aircon play, our hang out alway on weekend either at Punggol Plaza or compass point. We do bring her to playground at time on our way back b4 her bath

I still dun understand why she sigh so much. she seem to be teethign all at the same time, can see all the white spot in her gum and she had been drooling badly.

littledevil/kypf/pcs
nicole seem to feel warm on her 8th or 9th day, I just monitor. me too dun knoe when will be the safe day so dun want to delay the jab just take when she reach 15 mth. My cousin girl develop high fever and bad rashes on the 4 th day, but doc say rashes is not link to MMR jab

nicole is usually cranky at nite and during the nite so i cant really tell is it link to MMR. But her behaviour is terrible she very demanding and tend to fuss and cry easily
she very violent nowday and tend to beat my mouth with palm. she will pretend nothing when i scolded her.

ziztine,
so there's such thing as taking med 2 hold e bb? my gynae suggested it 2 me when i told him all abt gabe (i switched gynae mah so explained medical history &amp; my 1st pregnancy). he said i can start taking me med abt 34wks if i dun 1 2 pop early so if my bb's weight isnt ideal BUT if bb's weight is ideal n i dun mind popping early, i dun need 2 take e pill.

husband &amp; i were like, "can take pill 2 hold bb? *scratch head*"

now i know y gabe may b slow in speaking. he's exposed 2 4languages at home - english, mandarin, teochew &amp; hainanese.

Talking

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
calista is not far behind from Shanice!

she used to call 'papa' when she see my hubby
however, after his 1wk reservist, she did not see him, she now dun wan to call 'papa' unless we prompt her with 'pa' and let her finish the second 'pa'

other than tt, will say 'yao yao' when she's sitting on a rocking horse .. tts all!

guess just have to wait patiently for her to open up her speech ability bah

exposing to different language can slow down learning to talk? hmm.. at home we speak mandarin mostly to her.. sometimes we also speak English to her... so far no dialects yet ..

<font color="ff6000">kelly</font>
my fren gv birth to her 1st child at 36wks.. but for her 2nd child, she gv birth 2-3 days from her EDD... her gynae like yours, told her to be prepared that bb will be out ard the same time.. so she took leave starting form 36wks.. ended up waiting for 3wks for #2 to come out... so your might not be the same lah.. don't worry too much ya.. but then be mentally prepare is neccessary though ..
happy.gif

Hi Yuru

Wat a close fright for you
For polyclinic, last week Nicole take her MMR jab. The nurse took the med from th fridge, before she prepare for the jab she show the bottle med to me first before she fill into the jab.

I alway trust the person do do so din really check. Your experience had teach me a lesson to check carefully next time

<font color="ff6000">Yuru</font>
OMG! what a close shave!!
luckily u noticed!

for my GP.. he usually will bring the medicine out from the fridge in the same rm.. and do the neccessary stuff in front of us.. so far i din really notice the wordings on the box though..
perhaps i shd start noticing ...

gosh...must be quite a scare for both of u !!

Yuru,

For our case, the nurse will show vaccine box to us before vaccination and she will double confirm name and vaccination to take, something like Lee Rui Ying?, we go yes, then MMR?, we go yes, then she note down vaccine serial number and extract vaccine in front of us. We normally don't check the box already.

Perhaps you can check the vaccine serial number with the nurse at PD just to have peace of mine?

yuru,
tat's so scary! if u were not alert, i cant imagine wat happens 2 cindy if she took 2 MMR jabs. tat seems like me whenever i bring gabe for his jabs. too busy holding him down and/or distracting him so didnt bother 2 check too.

care 2 share who cindy's PD is?

i can recommend u gabe's PD but I only know the name, Dr Cecilia Lee and the tel no is 67838743. I cant confirm the address (quite near 2 ur plc - abt 10-15mins drive). You may wanna call her 2 check for e address &amp; opening hrs.

chihiro,
i also come across a GF's frien who popped much later but like u said, betta play safe. i dun 1 2 wait until 35-36wks then pack hospital bag, wahs bb clothing, etc. husband &amp; i also have lesser time 2 save $$ for hospital expenses, confinement, etc. betta 2 save more in lesser time!

TALKING
i noticed tat gabe's rather cheeky when it comes 2 greeting me &amp; husband. last nite, he does his usual 'pa pa pa pa' practice. he'll go on nonstop abt "pa pa paaa pa, pa paaaaa, etc" i 'complained' 2 husband tat gabe's calling him nonstop. husband told gabe tat he must practise calling me at times too. in an instance, gabe switched 2 "ma ma ma ma, mmmaaaaa ma, ma ma ma ma". BUAY TAHAN him!

on occasions, when gabe wants me 2 carry him, get something for him, etc, he'll come 2 me then i'll go, 'call who?' or 'call ma ma 1st'. gabe'll go, "ummm pa". rather disappointing!

BUT on other occasions, when he comes running 2 me cos he wants something, get something, etc OR when he talks 2 me on e phone, he'll sweetly go, 'ma ma'. *scratch head*

Morning Ladies,

Yuru, Oh gosh, I am so surprise that PD will make a mistake!!
My PD will extract the vaccine in front of us and nope, i didnt bother to check at all..coz i trust them..hmm..maybe in future i should!!!
I am using a PD from EAST SHORE, do let me know if u need the contact!

Kelly, i am using Dr Esther Ng too. She's a nice gynea and its comfortable to have her as a gynea BUT sometime,i find she is too busy for my 'many question'. Imagine i was not told i can choose PD before i deliver? haha..Anyway, she's nice IMO..n..ya, her charges seem more ex than most of my gfs..i didnt really compare or bother coz my whole family uses her! Now, i wont bother too..coz wont be having no2 :p

Yuru, can write off the PD leow... haha... I never check in the past... ur post reminds me that I should check in future... hehe...

Kelly, Jean is very naughty too!! She shouts "Ma! Ma! Ma!" all the time throughout the weekends... nope she's not calling me... she's calling my mum... hahaha... she'll also call "Gonggong" repeatedly like very ke-lian like that WHEN she sees my dad planning to go out without her... hahaha... ONLY when I point at myself/hubby then she will fu-yan us and call "Maa-MEE!" or "Dae-DEE!" ONCE! Sigh...

CALLING- hehe Faye started started calling me ard a month back, and its irresistible! When I walk away to do some chore/stuff and she goes 'mmaaa meeeeee! 'mmaaa meeeeee! 'mmaaa meeeeee! waaa-reee!! (carry)'
biggrin.gif

LOCKED IN CAR! something terrifying to share- last friday I acidentally locked faye in the car with engine running! She was in front seat playing, I was in back seat, and I forgot that the key was in the car, so I manually locked the car door behind (front door oredi locked) and closed the door! I was at my carprk when this happened, so I *RAN* (swear I never ran this fast in my life) upstairs to grab spare key and ran back, then I realised that I cant open the door with the remote control and panicked big time. 2 neighbours came round to help and we called the locksmith. I was almost in tears and was all prepared to smash the windscreen in 15min's time if the locksmith hasnt arrived. THEN.... one of my neighbours realised- waliao, can just MANUALLY use the spare key to unlock the car wat, so wat if cannot use remote control! Then voila, the door was promptly unlocked. If I wasnt trembling so badly at then I'll prob feel real silly.
lame.gif

yuru, OMG I am shocked! How careless of the PD! Oh dear, I never had the habit of checking, looks like maybe I should start yikes!
uhoh.gif

Jen
Hang on there **yawn**
Last night she sleeps at 11.30pm (I was sooooo happy) But she wakes up 3am crying. Hengz.....

ziztine
Tks for yr info. I didn't know by exposing bb to more languages will slow down their speech ability.

Yuru
Shocked to see yr post. I also nvr pratice checking. Normally the nurse will say this before she administer the jab "BB Namexxxx 18 mths old is taking XXXX jab and the jab is going to be on the right arm/right legs etc"
Thats once when the nurse ask HB to hold keira's right thigh when She says she wants to inject on the left side.

Berry
Luckily U still have the house key wif u to retrieve the spare keys. I'll be a lost too if it happen to me.

berry,
oh my! how was faye's reaction? she ok when u ran off 2 get e spare key?
nowadays i also very frightened 2 leave gabe in e car alone...i cant run like b4.

berry, can't imagine if i was the one... lucky u still got spare key at home... my spare key is in the boot of the car...
lame.gif
hb sure scold me until dunno wat...

Aiyo eh, luckily this happened at our carpark, if not I'll definitely smash the car window liao my goodness!

Jen, how come yr spare key in car boot ah? Then defeats purpose of spare key?

kelly/ruffy, Faye was trying so hard to be brave all along- After a few min she realised its all not right and she started getting anxious, but I kept telling her to wait for me, told her the car is locked accidentally but I'll get her out very soon. She had tears welled up in her eyes but she didnt cry out loud, its like she could sense something very wrong and was trying very hard to be brave. She placed her hand at the window to 'touch' my hand thru the pane all along and I think she was trying v hard not to cry.

berry,
i had tears swelling up in my eyes when i read abt faye's reaction/behavior esp when she 'touched' ur hand. she is indeed a very brave girl. i would also b fighting back my tears if tis happened 2 gabe cos i know if i cry, he sure panicked. 3 cheers for faye!

berry, cos the key's in my office bag... haha... to lazy to bring home cos too many things to carry everyday (pump, cooler bag, etc)... my hb has reassured me many times that he can never lock Jean up cos the car can't lock with boot open and we dun have the habit of manually locking... but then, anything can happen one mah... dun wanna argue...
lame.gif

Faye's cool and calm! Must teach Jean leh... becos hor, yesterday the whole family (my dad, hb and me) in car... just my mum got out... she saw my mum walk further and further and started crying and calling "ma... Ma... MA... MAAA!!!" in an ever increasing tone... WAH BIANG!!! Then whole face wet leow...
lame.gif

Back