(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

skyblue, pcs
thks! so e 'hong' comes abt bcos kang kong is 'liang' rt?

evelyn,
really huh? ur legs weak weak now, could it b due 2 u eating kang kong a few times in tis pregnancy?

skyblue,
my GF said tat eating sotong will cause bb 2 have much thicker film (called languo, is it?) so very hard 2 clean up e bb at tat point when u deliver. her sister was e one who kenna cos she ate lotsa sotong for 2nd pregnancy (1st pregnancy kwai kwai avoided it) then her 2nd child had a thick film of languo.
i asked around but a few GFs n my gynae said not true. anyway, i just avoid lor.

sharon,
Enjoy ur trip
happy.gif

kelly,
Yar, i tink 'hong' from kang kong.

Evelyn
No lah don't think its due to the kang kong.
Anyway pregnant everywhere also suan tong, the spine, the waist, the neck, the legs etc etc.
Just take everything in moderation.

Skyblue
I think must wash the dishcloths 1st coz beri dirty :p Tks for the tip, will let u know the outcome after I tried it out.

Sharon
Enjoy yr holiday!!!

Kelly
Think is not liang but hong.
Liang are food like raddish & Da bai chai

<font color="ff6000">kelly and skyblue</font>
i also can't take plain water during 1st pregnancy and drank ribena everyday, besides that, i also took ice lemon tea, ice barley, ice grass jelly, ice kacang, chilli crab, sotong, stingray, kangkong....baby turned out to be fine, not phlemgy

i even drank red wine, but in moderation of course

<font color="ff6000">pcs</font>
the only food that i avoided was my fave raw salmon....i personally dun believe in curbing the cravings and leading to a drooling baby

similarly, my mum said i cannot take crab cos the baby would turn out to be "itchy" handed but i dun bother

<font color="ff6000">berry</font>
snacks....wat about toasted ikan bilis?

<font color="ff6000">sharon</font>
have fun in Japan!!

Skyblue,

No wonder now sometimes i start to ve the feel of slight leg cramp when i get up. 1st pregnancy, I din encounter leg cramp during daytime, only kena twice when im asleep.

Kelly,

I guess so leh... so now must avoid kang kong. i not only eat a few times but quite frequenly. Sometimes my mum cook, sometimes lunch, sometimes wkend din. Kang kong not only nt suitable for pregnant woman but oso nt gd for old pple.

Pcs,

I think kang kong contribute some of the pain lah. 1st pregnancy, i dun ve those suan tong pain leh.

pcs,
lollies is ang mo word mah. not u blur lah :p

Evelyn,
ya, i also craving for some lollies now ;) i used to make honey lemon lollies for hot afternoons! yummy!

corn for kids
when Ethan eats corn kernels, he usually poops them out whole. does anyone else get the same with their kid?

#2 pregnancy food
i also not as strict with food this time round (probably because I have limited access to food anyway :p). Been drinking Pepsi, drank Chinese tea just now.. and ate squid, cuttlefish..

pcs, think baby drooling is due to teething, right?

as for phlegm, i recently read that babies born by caesarean have the slight disadvantage that the mucus doesn't get squeezed out of their nasal passages during the birth. dunno how true it is that oranges cause more phlegm? cuz i'd like to think that the benefits of oranges (vit c etc) will outweigh any extra phlegm production..

congrats to all new expecting mummies.
happy.gif

wah, this thread now always talking abt 2nd bb + food cravings etc. read liao not pregnant also get food cravings leh, i just told my colleague yesterday that i feel like eating those fried goreng pisang but inside is chempedak, not banana. my colleague ask me, how come you got food cravings huh?
biggrin.gif

berry
eh, puff's suggestion - toasted ikan bilis is a good idea!

kypf
rhyan had diarrhoea few mths back whenever we tried corn, he passed out whole kernels too but with watery poo. even when nanny uses corn soup to cook his porridge and at times scoop in a few kernel bits, he also passed them out together. so, we hv not given him corn fm then till now.

drooling - the myth i heard was to use a table cloth at an auntie (gu-gu)'s house to wipe bb's mouth. nanny kept suggesting i do that at SIL's place last time, of course i refused lah coz their table cloth is so dirty!

Drooling
Like little prince, I heard that to stop a baby from drooing, ask the gugu to give the baby a cloth/bibe to use. then they will stop drooling...

Kypf
My son loves to eat corn. And yes he poops the thing out whole too.

kypf
I know drooling is due to teething BUT Keira's drool is like a running tap. She refused to wear a bib and I have to wipe her drool every 2-3 mins or I'll end up changing her clothes every 1 to 2 hrs

Feeding Corn
How do u feed corn to yr bb?
Cut a small section of the corn and let them chew??

Pcs,

Keira still drool alot nwaday? Actually i tried the tablecloth thingy on nat b4 when she was i think 6-7 mths old. But the tablecloth was not from gugu hse, it was from ah ma hse. Wat i can said is it do help but for awhile only.

Berry,

Gabby's mum was right, gugu is husband's sister.

LOLLIES
talk about tis makes me drool..... YUM! when i was young, my mum dun make tis for me BUT i make it myself :p too young to ccok red beans but i use rebina, amond syrup, orange juice and such to make. dun have the lollies maker container nor long and skinny plactic bag so i use ice tray, heee....

DROOLING
quinn is an ULTIMATE drool-ler wahahahaha!!! even til now he still drools but when i observe carefully, i tik maybe not mainly hes drooling tat make his clothes wet, its hes PLAYING with saliva ALOT, yucks!

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

heee...... cant help but must announce lah though its nothing very impressive.

all these while, quinn enjoys the BABY EINSTEIN vcd *a very nice fren of mine lend me quite afew* i use tat to keep him occupied when i need to cook. just now hubby ta bao dinner back and while hubby and me were taking our dinner, quinn was watching tat *the MACDONALD BABY disc* and we were enjoying our meal and suddenly we heard quinn saying some words!!! so we stop the disc, reverse back alittle and play again to see wat he says. theres this part when it teaches THINGS u found in farm, like hay, barn, fields, tractor, windmill....... and to our surprise, HUGE surprise as quinn is able to say those words and he can say it even BEFORE the dics does *it will show pix first before saying* and we are soooo happy tat we play to him tat part over and over again till he abit sian *must to tiking wghy tis part NEVER end wan* wahahahhahaha!!!!!!

and another thing is *quite cute* we are having some conversation, and a funny wan!

while i was in the kitchen doing cooking, quinn was in the hall playing and running about. i will check on him to make sure hes still around *must be alble to see wats hes doing* at a moment, i cant see him:

FIRST
MUMMY: quinn
MUMMY: quinn!!!
suddenly
QUINN: YAHHH!!!!

ha!!!!!!

SECOND
quinn was dragging his motorbike from the foyer to the hall. very heavy lah and hes really using all his might! so i offer to help him:

MUMMY: quinn, do u need my help?
again, no respond!
MUMMY: quinn.... do u need mummys help??
QUINN: NO!!!!NO!!!!
MUMMY: okie then *mummie carry on reading her book. :p

littleprince
yah man, me also, not preggy read liao also kena POISON!!!! i tik someone mention kfc here and tat day i really buy kfc for dinner! and also crave ice cream! BEN &amp; JERRY lovers take note!!!! NEW flavour available, MAGIC BROWNIES!! vely yummy!

ummm... not enough just by announcing MUST post pix!! wahahahaha!!!!

395540.jpg

lil devil, wahaliao eh, so early in the morning u post such a sinful picture *arbish you*. :p
Hey u know, I'm also constantly surprised by what faye knows, eh u try this, you sing him a song or read a book that you've been singing/reading for a very long time, then hor, when u reach the end of the sentence, you dont say the last word, you wait for him to fill in the blank, like "twinkle twinkle little...?" and watch him fill in the blanks perfectly! Works from books to songs.
biggrin.gif

berry
now that you say, yar! i believe it would work that they know how to fill in the blanks! very fun to hear them talk now!

lil devil
i also got my contribution! every nite when i put rhyan to bed, after his milk feed, my conversation with Rhyan will be:

Mummy: Rhyan, Good Nite!
~ No response at times coz he is pulling his pillow or quilt to bite ..~
Mummy: Rhyan, Good Nite!
Rhyan: Nite Nite! (proceeds to bite his quilt)

lil devil,
hahahahaha, i do e same thing wif gabe...
he goes around e hse, so when i cant c him, i'll go...

me: "darling, where r u?"
no response fr gabe
me: "darling...."
gabe: "ya ya..." then he'll come running out from which room 2 find me.
then when i c him walking fast fast 2 me, i'll open my arms wide 2 wanna hug him. he'll also extend his arms while walking 2 me then we'll hug. i often ask him wat he's doing, he'll then lead me 2 where he was. very fun n heartwarming!

so tempting! B&amp;J...though i no craving for it now, i'll still get husband 2 buy 1-2tubs for me. :p

lildevil!
How cld u post B&amp;J icecream pic! EVIL!!! *screams*

lilprince,
Athena says "night-night" to me too tho we prompt "goodnight". She tends to repeat only last syllable or last word of whatever we say to her leh.

berry...there is this animal biscuits at the organic section of great world cold storage, beri nice, not salty and now is J's fav snack
i totali forgot wat name or made of, i tink duno wat grain lar, i threw away the box :p

medusa
when athena says those words with more than one syllabus, she say it on her own without you all asking her to say? coz i read she can say e-le-phant, am impressed!

rhyan has been repeating what we say, sometimes one syllabus, sometimes two syllabus, sometimes he purposely say other words and then grin cheekily back. my fave word fm him at the moment is "dia-per!" (sometimes become "dia-pu" though)

lil prince,
gabe says diaper as 'da pa'. he pointed 2 it n said it himself a few nites ago, shocking me cos i never intentionally teach him the word. i often asked him when he was abt 2 bath, "darling, how do u remove ur diaper?"

i agree wif u abt repeating wat we say. gabe's doing so too, esp words we dun intentionally teach him. tis wk, he was often screaming/shouting his head off so i kept telling him 'dont shout'. he suddenly said, 'dun shout' clearly n husband confirmed hearing e exact words too.

lilprince,
I cant recall if she has any other 3-syllable vocab other than Elephant. Oh, she has those kind of ABC foam playmat, except with animals on it- we name the animals on the mat and she caught on. So on own accord, she will point and say, "elephant!"

But got regression lah. After some time not so excited... on 1st day she kept shrieking "elephant" repeatedly! Next day, must prompt liao.
Or she will shortcut. Eg. At first she cld point and say "squirrel" on the playmat, then we taught her it's a BROWN squirrel. Now she REFUSES to say squirrel, will say BROWN! So I backtrack, try to emphasise SQUIRREL and not mention it's brown. LOL!
Almost all the 3-syllable words we teach, she will shortcut. Her name from Athena become Anna, Jellyfish become Fish, Banana become Nana, Broccoli become Coli. I LOVE U become I FLEW.

lilprince,
my all time fave word is... MUMMY!
kao_love.gif

Her pronunciation still off, she calls HB "deh-deh" (daddy), which sounds VERY close to "didi". So wondering how to teach her how to call her lil bro leh. Will be very confusing, LOL!

BB WORDS- I love to hear faye talk too, hehe my current fave words are 'baa-pee!'(nappy) 'maa-meee' (mummy), 'haaa-peee!' (happy) and 'wurve' (love). Then yesterday we past by this dance school and saw some lil girls wearing lovely ballerina clothing and dancing to some songs, Faye was so captivated and kept asking to get down cause she wants to go n join them lol! Then I told her we cant go cause we have not sign up for classes yet, need to sign up then can go. And she excitedly told me "pay tis! pay tis!!" wahaha anyway I went to check, and found out minimum age is 3! so I guess can only go back 1.5 years later :p Aiyo, this age v unbearably cute hor??
biggrin.gif

MT, Faye called dogs 'woof!' and pigs 'oink!' instead of by their names too hehe. Faye has graduated from saying 'nana' for banana to 'nanana!'
biggrin.gif

MT,
ya, Esther also go thru regression phrases. when she started to say umbrella, she will pt &amp; excitedly name every umbrella that she come across. &amp; if we are busy talking, she will keep repeating til we take notice &amp; ackowledge her find :p after a couple of weeks, she like sian liao. only say when we ask.

Berry,
Esther tries very hard to repeat the "e-ya-e-ya-o" when she hears the Old MacDonald song ;) But must of the time she will just end off with "o". haha

Words with 's',
Esther hv prob pronouncing words with 's' in them. My HB give the excuse that it is cos she still very much 'bo ge'.
biggrin.gif

Ziztine,

Nat oso ve problem pronouncing words with 'S'. My excuss is her 2 front teeth ve gap.... so 'Lao Hong' when talk wahahaha.... 2 examples, pls become plit, bus become ba-at
kao_laugh.gif

LOL on the all the bb talk. Seems like keira is very far behind when it comes to talking.
She can says "daddy" loud and clear though
HB is sooo happy keep telling me that her daughter love him more than me.

My favourite word from her is "Aiyah Aiyah"
Donno where she learn this.

pcs,
Wahahahah, kieran &amp; keira can hi-5 liao. He can say 'aiyah' &amp; 'aiyoh' very well. His favourite phrase recently includes 'uh-oh' oso, jus like teletubbies.

pcs,
dun worry abt keira. i also tot gabe very slow in terms of speaking. last mth, he barely managed 10words. suddenly he picked up so fast. it doesnt mean he'll say these words out as if he's talking but when i asked him 2 say it or when i point out e items 2 him, he'll say it only SOMETIMES (depends on his mood 1). sometimes i never ask him, he'll just say it on his own. siao siao 1...tat's y lately when he's picking up 3-4 new words every wk, i often wonder if it's a fluke. whenever i hear him say a new word, if someone is around, i always seek confirmation IF i'm hearing e right thing.

lil devil,
i wanna ask u...do u shout out for quinn on purpose? i do tat sometimes leh...quite fun! sometimes i know where gabe is, i purposedly shout out for him then let him respond. sometimes i'll go, "where r u, mummy's looking for u, mummy's coming". u can hear him squealing in delight, as if he running 2 hide. sometimes i'll go, "where r u, come 2 mummy, mummy looking for u" then he'll run out fr where he is.

Pcs, skyblue,

Nat oso like to said ai yah leh. I think she learn from me lah becos when she do sala thing, i will said ai yah.... y you blare blare blare.... And she will say 'ai yah' if she dun wan that person to carry her.

Skyblue / Evelyn
LOL. Very gei yan to hear them say "Aiyah" hor.
eg When i try to carry keira halfway when she is walking (crossing road must carry mah). She will go "Aiyah, Aiyah" while struggling to come down to walk. SO CUTE !!!!

Kelly
Yah, I always remind myself "She is a premmie so is ok for her to be slower" :p

Yuru
Wahaha. At least CIndy bother to say ma ma. Keira just open her arms and say "bao" Thats it. *pengz....*

pcs,
talking abt premmie...wat was keira's weight when she was born at 32wks? did she stay in NICU? how many days n how much was e bill?

husband getting a bit concerned if tis #2 may pop early n if weight not gd enuff, #2 may go 2 NICU. he needs 2 know agar agar how much $$ 2 set aside.

evelyn,
likelihood not high, according 2 gynae. he even suggest tat i take some pills 2 'hold' my bb in me IF i need to. he added if my bb's weight's fine at >34wks, no harm popping. just need 2 make sure bb's lungs function well. gabe popped at 35wks+, i had 2 take 2 big jabs 4 i popped. my ex-gynae &amp; e midwife said e jab is 2 prepare bb's lungs.

ziztine,
LOL, yah, A also goes "O" for the Old Mac song! Sometimes will add on "cuck-cuck" (the part where chickens go "cluck-cluck").
Eh now that u wrote, it IS gd to have abit of regression. Or else our tods will be pointing to EVERYTHING, from umbrella, to dog, cat, and excitedly repeatedly every word non-stop! My ears will drop off, LOL!

Berry,
sigh... A calls frog "mama" and cow "moo" lor.

Evelyn,
hey that's so familar! I was actually needlessly worried last time when A cldn't pronounce her "s" sounds. Please was "plit"! She got the hang recently tho, and is OVER-compensating. Pleassshhhhe.

Pcs, no cause for worry lor
happy.gif

Yuru, ARBISH U! :p Your gal can do SENTENCE! Ma-ma bao-bao is a sentence! Some more got noun (ma-ma!), got verb (bao-bao!), LOL! My gal can't. I cheat lor.
Me: Mummy.
A: Mummy.
Me: Read.
A: Read.
Me: Book.
A: Booker.
Me: Please.
A: Please.

Me: Mummy, read book please?
A: *skips right to last syllable* Please.

Digress to my helper. Just now she request to clean my floor, she say once weekly cleaning that I request is too dirty. I let her clean lor. Aiyah, wait dog and newborn come, dun say I din say very busy.

kelly,

y like this... genetic issue? I did heard others said if 1st bb premmie, 2nd bb oso same but i dun really believe until u mentioned it. Nat is overdue bb so i presume my 2nd bb will be overdue oso. Ex-gynae? U changed gynae?

evelyn,
i was told by a few friens tat when u deliver ur 1st one, most likely (not all e time lah but likelihood very high), e subsequent births will b sama sama. my GF gave birth 2 her 1st child at 37wks, 2nd at 35wks, 3rd at 34wks. i also come across a few GFs who gave birth on full term, 2nd bb popped at full term or close 2 full term (39wks+). i dunno if it's genetic but my mum's chinese sinseh said i gave birth at 35wks cos my womb is weak.

i changed gynae cos my 1st gynae dr esther ng charges like daylight robbery. antenatal = $1100 (no package 1 cos she dun practise packages back then so mine is ala carte). husband said luckily i pop at 35wks. if i had 2 c her every wk fr 36wks, then everyday at 39wk, wah piangz! i cant imagine e bill. assisted delivery charges = $1300 (she said she gimme discount cos by right, shld b $1500). total = $2400.

my hospital bill at MAH was only $900+ so total cash payout was $3300+. i dunno wat my total bill was cos i dun bother abt e CPF portion.

i changed 2 dr lawrence ang. antenatal package = $550 (fr e day u know u r preggie til 1 checkup after u give birth, blood test, vitamins, urine test, etc all in). delivery fees = dunno how much but dr ang told me 2 prepare cash $1000 for e hospital part (decent lah cos i paid $900+ for my stay in MAH).

Kelly,

I think i must go back and dig out my gynae charges. It seem like the charges is quite similar to ur ex gynae. Is ur gynae very old(experient), normally experient gynae will charge more ex.

My gynae charge $840, pkg start at 5th mth(most gynae start at 3rd mths). After delivery i think i still ve to pay her 1K plus. I remember we paid 1k+ in cash when i discharge from the hospital and when i go back for the 1st check up, we paid 300+(i think 750 claim medisave) to gynae. So my total cash pay out was 2k+.

evelyn,
$2K+ is still decent, mine was $3300 n i gave birth at 35wks leh. i tik i'll hit abt $3600 if i carried gabe 2 full term.
anyway, me not using her anymore. quite happy wif dr ang...cheap &amp; good. my ex-gynae, dr esther ng should b in her late 40s or early 50s. her machine so 'lok', no 3D/4D.

Kelly
Keira's weight is 1.8Kg. She is born at 32.5weeks. She stays in ICU for one day and switch to normal nusery on 2nd day (Lucky for us doc initally says maybe a week). She was discharged on the fourth day coz she was sucking her milk so well (greedy gal!)
I stayed in a 4 bedded rm so her bill is lower too. I think is about $500 cash. Cannot remember how much CPF I claim. Have to double check 2nite

Don't worry so much, Heard yr gynae is a very experience one so just leave it to him to handle.
OMG U gonna take the terrible jab *shaking when I thought of the pain*

Yuru
Clever mummy :p

Medusa
Er u r the 1st person I know that allow the maid to clean the floor once a week.
I found my floor unbearable even I mop twice a week. Hehe

Pcs,
hehe last time PT cleaner came once wkly only mah. So I tot continue same level of hygiene lor, save effort, water and detergent. :p Then can spend time on potty training mah, hehehe.

berry
yah, very amazed! i DUN tik he will participate in my SONG or STORY. i tik hes very into HIS own thing only...... like he will kiss u when he wants to BUT if u ask him too and at tat moment he dun wish to, he will NOT no matter wat. like when my sil wants him to kiss her or call her before shes willing to give him the toy hes eyeing, he will NOT, he will rather GIVE UP tat toy than to follow her instruction :p

laugh so hard at fayes "pay tis pay tis" hey i tik u BETTER sign her up tat dance class.... shes REQUESTING hor! smart gal
happy.gif

kelly
i do!!! a will also call his name and pretend i am looking for him BUT he dun really fancy tat. he prefers HIDE &amp; SEEK!! he really love it so most of the time we play H &amp; S with him.

littleprince
no doubt our tods have their own version of words *though not 100% accurate* but i REALLY love to listen! soooo adorable hor!

medusa
wah, tena really advance leh!!!!

i know wat u mean when u talk abt the brown squirrel issue, when quinn says "nana" i will say "yellow banana" then he will "yallow" then i say "yEllow BAnana" he says " low nana" :p

okie, time to share some of quinns new words *his version*

1. banana : nana *still not upgrade yet* :p
2. butterly : but-le-fy
3. windmill : windmill *can pro. it correctly most of the time BUT at times it will be minmeal.
4. tractor : tractor
5. fish : pish *i tik hes not very good at letter F.
6. prawn : pawn
7. more bread please : mor pease.
8. open : popen
9. lizard : lisard
10. plant : pant *without l*
11. flower : fuawer *i like it when he can diffentiate flower and plant, when he sees no flower he will say its plant.

Back