(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

wendyl, I already said in my earlier post, my gynea's clinic is located at TMC, aka thomson medical centre. Refer above.
Yup, I'm 100% pleased with him. Very easy to talk to, patient and gentle, and he makes me feel very at ease. His consultations are also rather detailed and his fees are very reasonable. The clinic's no is 62542878.

bebechic...
just "interrupt" here hor... me actuali dun belong to ur edd period.. hehe... u can find boots at Guardian oso...
happy.gif

Hi bebechic, berry, yeeyee,

I'm using the Bodyshop's cocoa butter cream...seems ok so far. Recommended by my sis-in-law, and she only got a tiny stretchmark...hee..cheap oso, think it's $16.50, with a yummy smell...
happy.gif

I'm delivering at gleneagles, any gleneagles mommy ?

Hey bebechic, and berry

heehee, well, gonna be a mum so just called myself mom for simplicity...heehee :D

wow, very near...let's see who will deliver first..heehee...interesting
happy.gif

can call me PP too but dun think I can change my nick now that I have registered.
sad.gif

BTW, I will be delivering at Mt Alvernia. Anyone also delivering there??

me delivering at Gleneagles too!

wendyl, take more rest then. soon in few weeks time, we will step into our 2nd trimester

me also delivering at TMC...my gynea is Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC, I am seeing him at his clinic which is at Sun Plaza...

hi mom, my mother will be doing the confinement for me...anyway she has cause she is the one who keep requesting for grandchild :D

micky.....yup...i will...u also take more rest leh....

expecting_mum,i also deliving at TMC,curently my gynae is also Dr Ang......but hw u find him huh???

hi mom,
can..your userid..i think the one in bracket cannot change...but the nick can change..meaning like abc(mom)..hehe

anyway which gynae you seeing...me contemplating on Mt A also....

hi wendyl,

he is highly recommended by my husband's friends...
i find him very approachable and patient...so far i am quite satisfied with him.

<font color="aa00aa">hi all,</font>
so sorry, me today &amp; tmr on MC, so can't update the EDD list cos i left it in office.

<font color="aa00aa">bebechic,</font>
guess i'm wk 12 this wk. next appt is next Monday. my appt with gynae so far is at 2 wks interval &amp; i get a copy of the scan every time. the gynae will "auto" print 1 for us to bring back, somemore put in envelope
biggrin.gif

but not sure if after 1st trimester, frequency will cut down or not. will hv to wait &amp; see.

hmm.. maybe he thinks the bb is healthy so far, that's why he din mention anything to us yet
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">expecting mum,</font>
me oso got itchy nipple (only right side). then i feel my boobs growing not at same rate leh. like 1 bigger than the other
angry.gif

<font color="aa00aa">heather,</font>
dun worry too much. sometimes it might be in ur thoughts &amp; u'r "fulfiling" them, that's why ms got worse!

i was feeling a bit sick in SIN, but when i went Melbourne, guess the weather &amp; not so humid air there made me feel so much better, in fact, was perfectly fine. but when i came back, starts to feel a bit sick again. hiaz.. luckily now getting alrite
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">MOM,</font>
guess my mum is helping me with confinement as well
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">wendyl,</font>
me visiting Dr Adrain at CCK Central. clinic name is Thomson Women Clinic. heard he juz open a new branch at Seng Kang area.

He delivers @ TMC, MT A, and 1 other hospital which i dun remember which one. his pre-natal pkg is $550 &amp; u can take them up even at ur 1st visit, where others usu let u sign up only at wk 12~14 (2nd trimester).

so till now, after paying 50% of the pkg price, i din pay anything for the scans on every visit and my visit is at 2 wks interval. then hor, he'll auto print the scan to let us bring back every time
happy.gif

<font color="119911">on stretchmark &amp; stretchmark cream :</font> stretchmark can be lighten but CANNOT be prevented. it's in the genes. some pple won't get it even if they din apply anything at all, but some applied faithfully throughout the 9 mths, still kenna.

oh, btw, think i'll be going for TMC too
happy.gif

my cousin delivered there &amp; had all but praises abt the nurses &amp; service there.

hi angelia...

do take care and have a good rest...

it is very terrible to fall sick during your pregnancy.....especially during the first tri...where there is still MS.

i fall sick too during my first tri...wow...i couldnt sleep the whole nite...very miserable...

so do take care...

angelia,take good care of yourself and rest more.

me everyday walking round the entire office, somemore walk so fast, been always telling myself got to walk slower but so diff. but got things to rush, where got time to walk slowly? think when the tummy come out heavy liao, then i will walk slower.

yesterday kann woken by my hubby then after that toss and turn cannot sleep think is hungry! then lazy to wake up to make milo, force myself to sleep..

Hi bebechic, my gynae is Dr Ching KC. He is ok, quite friendly and approachable person. If u have any questions, he will answer with such details, sometimes, you will have to stop him
happy.gif

Hi Angelia, the charges for ur gynae is pretty low
happy.gif
Is he in his mid 40s already or a young dr?

Is anyone here given pills by gynae? My gynae prescribed calcium, fish oil, multi vits tablets for me. Today I tried taking them (have been procastinating but hubby kept on nagging at me). Oh yucks, maybe drank too much water so that the pills could go down my throat, so in the end felt nauseous the whole day. Sigh... so depressed. Even had a bad headache n heart beat faster than usual. Dun know if it is psychological or wat. Wat r the symptons of being allergic to certain kind of pills? I'm worried that I'm not suited to take these pills. Really no more courage to continue with the pills.

Hi angelia, u take care of urself...

skyblue, my gynea doesnt avocate taking unnecesary pills, he told me only to take folic acid till 2nd tri, then he'll give multi-vit. your case sounds bad, why not call up your gynea and tell him your reaction and see what he says? BTW, multi-vit chould already contain calcium right? If you take more yogurt/milk/cheese/broccoli, you should have all the calcium you and baby needs. If you increase your fish intake, you'll also have all the fish oils you both need. I think its fine to skip fish oil and calcium.

Hi skyblue,

my gynae is similar to yours. I was prescribed folic acid and duphaston in the 1st tri. Now in 2nd tri, I'm taking calcium, iron, fish oil and leftover folic acid from 1st tri. I just take all, since i've paid for it...
happy.gif
and also I dun really like to take fish and milk nowadays.

But if you feel uncomfortable after taking any pills, stop taking your medicine and inform your gynae immediately. See whether he can remove some of them or prescribe different dosage...

Angelia, u take care and get well fast!
happy.gif

Hi mum to be, I was on MC yest...urrghh...nowadays tend to fall sick so easily yet so difficult to recover from it.

expecting_mum,
Exactly...me still in 1st Tri and with a bad MS, yet still fall sick..realli feel so helpless and dreadful.

skyblue,
so far my gynae has not prescribe any pills to me yet, onli ask me to continue taking the folic acid which I bought from Pharmacy.

Mom,
Me will be delivering at Mount Alvernia, like the environment and heard from ppls tat the service and staff there are superb.

Heather,
We are in the same week. At times, I feel ok but sometimes the MS can be quite intolerable tat I need to try vomitting out to make myself feel comfy.

CubbieBB,
I heard abt tat oso..veri ke lian i find, cos not as if the mum wants it to be. Think the mummys wld feel veri miserable as well cos all mums are protective over their little ones too.

Skyblue,

Faster heartbeat could be a form of allergy. I have this sympton last time to a cough med and complained to the doc. When prescribed with other med...no such complains. Other more serious symptons of allergy include rashes, swollen eyes, and I think breathing difficulty

Hi Berry,

I was told that from 2nd tri onwards, calcium from food will not be enough for both mother and baby, thats y we need to supplement with calcium pills. Even when we are taking calcium pills, we should still continue to eat calcium rich foods.

As for fish oil, its safer to take the pill form because not all fish can be eaten, as we need to be sure of the mercury content. For me, my gynae gave me calcium, fish oil, iron (because of low blood count as I didn't eat enough meat)... and also multi-vit (pramilet). Every morning got to swallow down all these pills... sighh
sad.gif

skyblue, yes i think heart beating faster is not too right after eating medicine, you may want to call your gynae to let him know.

me went for my jab this morning, and doc decided to do my scanning instead of this sat, and the baby is now 32mm, so happy to know that it's doing fine..but the doc machine no good, cannot listen to heartbeat, only can see it flickering

expecting_mum...
I don't know leh, gynae gave me all these, so I tot everyone also same. I'm going into my 22nd week soon. All the pills are very big, except for the iron pills
sad.gif

But fish oil is optional, I took it just in case I didn't eat enough fish.

I don't feel hot or heaty yet... I've been forcing myself to eat lots of fruits.

hi amie...

i see...til now me only have muti-vitamins....

sigh...fruits...what kind of fruits you take?
i can eat a lot of my fav fruits....like watermelon - cooling, pineapple-cooling, mango,orange - causes flem...

expecting_mum,

I eat alot of apples and oranges. I used to hate oranges b4 I'm pregnant but simply love it now, especially when its cold. Apples I only eat those big pinkish ones. I also do take abit of watermelon, strawberry, papaya (rarely but I do eat abit), rock melon, pear (round brown ones). Oh yes, i eat alot of honey tomatoes too. Now i am craving for durians......

wendyl,

if given a choice, i would not want the jab, very very painful one coz the medicine is oil based. My was IVF baby, so doc has to take extra precaution. think the jab is for those who baby not very stable..

why you want the jab??

micky,

what is IVF baby???

not lah,thought can support n strengthern pregnancy mah....so thought wan to take jab lor

wendyl,

my baby is not conceived naturally, but rather in the lab, those type where they mix the sperm and egg together and when it becomes embryo then transfer to the mummy womb and hope that it implants...

micky,

so what does IVF stands for??? is your method to make baby better?? Can I also do????

mom,
I also giving birth in Mt A..Me due on 12th Sept 2004 .. mayb got chance to c u there too..

expecting_mum,
me also have itchy nipples.. now leaking colustrum too.. I've seen Robinson selling Mustela Nipple cream too leh but I not using..

cubbiebb, what is colostrum???? my nipple not itchy, mus i see a doc??

what is mustela nipple cream?? use for what one???

Halo, today I tried taking the pills again, minus the fish oil. Tried not to take too much water also to go with the pills. I also didn't take them at one go, like abt 2 every 5 mins. Felt better. Phew...
happy.gif

Hi amie, I heard that we shdn't take too many cold oranges. Will cause bb to have asthma.Better to be safe than sorry...

hee hee Wendyl, you sound very innocent... may I know how old are you?

Thanks skyblue, I'll refrain from taking cold orange for the sake of my baby... but I love it so much, feel more tasty if I take it cold
sad.gif

Btw, cold apples can or not?

skyblue, y dun take fish oil?? who give u fish oil??? can i also take? where mi can find the oil?? take for wat one??

n y cannot eat orange?? wat will happen???? i take one orange las night leh, how huh?????
sad.gif

amie, i am 18 onli........ got many tings to learn leh, dunno where 2 start leh, how huh ????

i tink i veyr worry mother leh.... eben hubby oso say leh......

TO WENDYL, you sound lk a lil' girl, u sure you're a MTB?? why you keep using so mani ?????????????in your posts? v irritating lah, your teacher neber teach u meh? Just one ? can leow, no need to use a million ????????? to get your point accross.

and can you please go and go some basic reading for some BASIC info? dun alwayz ask toopid question lah. Use some common sense and brains lah. and no nid to ............................... so long after your sentences.

u dun even know how to use your ..... and ??? properly, next time how to teach your children??????? use your brain, use your brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendyl, wow u married so young!
Don't worry too much about not knowing anything, I'm a 1st time mom too and we learn as we move along. Your gynae is there to help u, I'm sure your mum and MIL will take good care of you too.
For a start, y not spend some time reading up books on pregnancy?

passerby, mi tink u v rude leh...... i dunno wat u mean??? r u oso a preg?? wat is mtb????

amie, i dun noe how to use condom tat time, tats y preg lor.... no choice must marry!! i so worry about eberyting leh.... dunno wat to do???

wat book u do mean??? got name??

joyful, wat u mean i cannot eat ting everyone eat?? i tot all preg the same???? if got good ting i oso wan my bb to eat mah.........

Wendyl,

Eg1. Someone's gynae prescribes the pills cos they feel that their patient lack eg. iron, hormone, etc..If you are doing fine, your normal diet would provide you these nutrients.

Eg2. Also depend on whether your body can absorb..

For a start, find a gynae who can advise you better.

Hi girls

I am leaving this thread..... I had spotting yesterday and was admitted. My gynae did a D&amp;C this afternoon....

All the best to everyone!

Back