(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

blisse
yalor, lil devil only just mentioned it and rhyan is starting the screaming phase .. she will be laughing her head off if she knows .. next time must ask lil devil to update me more on what quinn does so tt i can be prepared to see rhyan doing it .. haha ..

ruffy / adeline
i saw the IKEA one .. but is it good for our bbs? though rhyan's head is somewhat pretty stable but if putting them on a sitting upright position in chair, i am afraid it may be difficult lor ..

anyone knows abt the bamboo chair and where to get it? it costs less than $30 too ..

adeline
ya, we share whatever we try .. hehe ..

Meldoy_vin,
welcome here! All the mummies here r very friendly
happy.gif

ur ger is so cute!

as for injection, i brought Carriane to GP for injections. As wat u mentioned, i fnd PD too exp and my brother told me not necessary to bring to PD as only injections. so actually depend on indivial as sometimes have a professional view is good!

Melody_vin,
I bring Ryan to the polyclinic for all his injections..and will bring him to the neighbourhood PD if he gets ill..

Littleprince,
Heard in the July thread the bamboo chair can be bought at Alexandra village.. not very sure leh.. maybe u can ask in there.

Lilprince, I have a high chair already, ~$150 rockable type that can lie flat cos that time at mum's place needed it. But I think if only for feeding purpose, basic will do? I heard IKEA's is fine cos so small/ compact... but no tray (may be messy and some kids may need toy station attached to their tray to encourage them to like it?).
No lah, now that I'm rested, shld thank u 4 encouraging me to fetch HB... that's the 1st time I took MRT with Tena and pram!
happy.gif
Maybe do more often, like Sharon says, can move a wee bit closer to ur toned arms (I wish! LOL!).
Berry, LOL, I airkiss ur Faye back! Yeah shld eat Pete's... one day.
Blisse, yah go out with HB better
happy.gif
less tiring, can take turns. U bot the Baby Can Read VCD single or set of several VCDs? I bot a set (forgot how many, haven't even open to see) ~$60 Kiddy Palace.
Vaingirl, Kelly, TBL, I also want to produce fast n close shop... but I don't want to "miss" tena's growth too (if my mum helps me or if I'm too tired during pregnancy).
I had c-sect, so if more than 2yr gap, I can change gynae to a more pro-VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesaerian) as well as watch my diet very carefully (so that bb will be smaller than Tena's 3.6kg birthwt)! Also cannot get pregnant at this present heavy wt, sure kanna GD I feel (am susceptible).
If I dun wait 2yrs, I'd have to slim real quick, then go off my slimming pills (there's an obscure/ somewhat suspect study which claims a link btwn consumption of slimming pills and... gay tendencies in the bb), let the pills get out of my system well. And go for c-section.
Another concern is... well, HB feels if I go for 2nd c-section, then we'd stop at 2 cos he read it's not healthy to be cut up at tummy so many times for women (seems women susceptible to more ops at tummy area when older). If VBAC, may consider 3 or more (he likes bbs, I'm not sure yet). But if VBAC, with the time lapse, I won't be able to have so many b4 I hit 35yrs old... and that's another set of considerations.
Adeline, u took BUS! Wow! I once thought of that, lucky didn't try, I will collapse.
Melody, LOL, ur bb's expression is cute!
Ruffy, talking abt 5-pt harness, used to think so troublesome, but now realised I should have gotten 5-pt harness instead of 3-point at waist harness for my pram. Cos sometimes I push pram down stairs, I realise it tips at quite an angle, dangerous if tena decides to hurl herself. So now I carry her and pram down stairs instead. Sigh.

I want a new pram! 5-pt harness, n light, n taut, full canopy.
Screaming- u mean high-pitched shrieks or crying? Tena started the shrieks some time back... at 1st only did that when HAPPY, but now, sad also shriek (but cry more often lah). Very high-pitched ear-piercing!

I need advice from mummies using FM, anyone use Frisco one and can I use the water straight from the hot pot to prepare FM? I really have no idea how to prepare if I give up bf.

Medusa,
u not so old lah.. maybe u get twins/triplets the next time so can early close shop?? heheh
happy.gif

Littleprince,
the ikea high chair they sell the tray for the front & the harness seperate price from the chair for the white one.

Emma,
no problem to use the water straight from the hot flaks/thermos etc..but just make sure it is not too warm/hot for the bb..my boy likes room temperature..so if too hot won't take the milk..so we just add 1/4 warm water and the rest cooled boiled water to his bottle before adding the powder.

medusa
i dun mind the IKEA one but is it suitable for our bbs' backs? somehow, rhyan sits slouching now leh think coz cannot straighten back yet ..

thank me ah, ok .. hehe

i dun mind bringing rhyan out via public transport but i cannot bring pram else i will never be able to make it up the bus .. lol ..

screaming - those kind of typical ahhhhh .. not happy one .. if u hear those older kids who scream when they want attention, thats the kind ..

MUSIC CDS- where can I find a large range of music CDs for bb? Like those kiddy songs, nuser rhymes, etc. Not VCD, just CDs.

Melody, hehe, cute expression on your bb's face!

Adeline/MT, I wanna bring faye to take the bus one of these days too hehe I think she'll enjoy it!

Emma,
Ryan is using Frisco2 & Similac advance follow-on.. maybe change him to Gain IQ/Frisco 3 next mth or so.
It depends on what's ur budget.. Frisco/Similac advance/ dumex mamil are okay. Enfalac can be quite hard on the stool.

berry

Music cds - i wld advise u to buy fm pasir malam .. lol .. when i just brought rhyan home, i bought fm cd shops and it cost +/- $20 per cd .. and we play everyday till the songs seemed boring and so expensive to buy so many ..

then, there was a pasir malam at my place and hb and i went down walk walk .. bought 3 for $10 cds and they were good .. non-pirated and alot of songs per cd and educational leh .. i play one in the car, one in the room and one in the living room, also learnt quite alot of new children songs now .. the songs talk abt months of the year, colours, body parts etc .. really good lor ..

littleprince,
hahha thats wat i m gg to tell u! tell little_devil to update u! hahah

Sharon,
sure no problem at all! u know we went 17days to Perth..all by ourselves too!

Medusa,
i bought only one first! yar usually go out with hb when bring Carriane. But i intend to bring her alone when i m clearing rest of my maternity leave. Maybe then we can meet up!
Me too thjinking of giving birth the next one soon! but then donno if to give birth next yr as my mil say next yr dog crash with hb, though i dont believe! yar me also csection, but wan 3 lei. That day i did ask my gyane, if the next one can i natural birth, he says all depends on condition. if bb is too big, if we able to etc. He told me now can try liao, but then at one hand, me tot of at least spend more time with Carriane. If i kena preg now, the time spent with her might b lesser as will experience those sickness again. Btw, my sis had 3 kids all by csection. That time, u on GA or epidural?

lil prince,
i got a high chair from a frien. it's fr peg pegro n it's padded so even if gab's head bounces back, it's ok. husband recently set it up, juz in case i wanna put gab in anytime. i tik he's getting bored lying in the bouncer.

yup, i got the Super Baby Food book too. i havent got a chance 2 start reading. I read the Itsy Bitsy Yoga 1st n cant stop. Tik i'll check on the SBF later tonite.

blisse
when did u go 2 perth? i was in margaret river, perth in jul 2003. did u visit the chocolate factory, somewhere near MR? i love MR. nice environment, lotsa wine n fantastic weather then.
we bought lotsa wine at dirt cheap prices n we got drunk during lunches. LOL
where did u stay in MR? i stayed in the Rose Cottage, B&B. very gd.
I actually go 2 Perth every yr since 2000 cos my bro n a few cousins are there. I didnt go in 2004 as i was preggie. Husband n i played golf everytime we r there n he was itching 2 go in 2004 but still didnt. We wanna go tis yr but c how 1st.

Sharon, wow our bb birth date so near tik can development milestone will be closed too! (like when to turn, crawl , take solid etc)

Wow see so many bb pictures so nice. Too bad my digital cam spolit cant download pic now. Yet to invest a new one. Can only use old conventional camera for my girl.
sad.gif

littleprice, blisseblisse, adeline
I feel better after hearing your feedback on both things. Thks!

injection:
I take from GP too!

medusa,
what is it abt in "Baby Can Read VCD "

blisse, mine csect epi. Dunno 4 wat... c bb come out then they knocked me out cos needed to inject some painful drugs via drip.
berry, hmm, i hate my nursery cds. My gf said get those with lyrics, can learn... but i din realise the kids' singing really singlish, quite horrible. not to mention grammar errors. *cringe*

emma,
u use lukewarm water 2 make FM n when u r going out, u bring cooler bag 2 keep ur EBM. i never do tat cos i dunno how long i'll b out n the ice pack only stays cool for max. 5-6hrs. i hate 2 b restricted on my shopping due 2 my son's EBM. no point n too stressful

melody_vin
welcome! i went for 5-in-1 cos i heard 6-in-1 jab not stable n most babies here who went for 6-in-1 kenna fever. i also bring my bb 2 PD for everything. i kia su parent so dun wanna bring my son 2 c GP or polyclinic. i willing 2 pay the extra cost for assurance.

btw, i tik GP n PD charges for jab is almost the same. u check around...some PDs charge a flat fee for jab, consultation n med.

hi mummies!

just came back... brought lucas for his 4th mth jab. lucas is soooo heavy!! he is 8.81kg and 65cm long. the PD said his weight is 97 percentile. told me not to start him on solid so soon or he'll be overweight in no time. her advice is to start when he is 6 mths old, which is when most babies weight gain start slowing down.

silky,
my last feed for lucas in the morning will be abt 7am. so abt 2 to 3pm, my breasts will be super full. that is when i miss lucas most! :p but i really don't have time to pump out.

medusa, blisse,
i also bought the Your Baby Can Read VCD for $59.90 less 20%. got it from JL sale. the whole set consists of 5 VCDs (i think)

ruffy,
ryan is so cute!! i can't wait to bring lucas for his first swim
happy.gif

medusa,
Sounds like u had a bad day yesterday. Nvm, today will be better
happy.gif

seagal,
Sweet gal u have
happy.gif

kelly,
The FP octopus looks big. SO cheap only? Thot normally FP toys r very ex...

berry,
Ya the ingredients for the brown rice do seem disgusting. When i 1st saw semen XXXX, i nearly freak out. But it seems that all these ingredients r very gd for bbies...
Regarding scores, think i score a miserable 0.5 man, for bfg only such a short while... but i've learnt to 'kan kai' oredi. So many of my collegues didn't BF n they assured me bbies will not lose out in any way. Why give ourselves so much stress over wat to feed our bbies rite?

sharon,
Sharwyn getting chubbier.
happy.gif
Sweet sweet gal gal. When i'm expecting my No. 2, i'll get u to send me her foto n i'll stare at it so that my bb will be as sweet as her...

junior,
Hmm...doesn't mean SAHMs have more time leh... SAHMs have many things to do too n they dun have break time like when we're working... Gd that u're perservering in ur bfg... Benefits JR... A lot of things that SAHMs do with their bbies, we working mums can also do. It's quality time that matters, not the quantity. A mummy can have many many hrs with bbies but the time with their bbies r not spent doing anything meaningful also no use leh... SAHMs also feel tired n can't possibly be enriching their bbies' lifes 24/7. So i dun agree that being a SAHM means more time to do many other things...

emma,
Ya, of cos u can use the water straight from the hot flask but must mixed with cooled boiled water. If not too hot will scald ur bb.

Medusa,blisse
Talking abt having 2nd, I also wish to have it at around 2 yrs gap as alot ppl said is more safe as baby and mother won't be too weak as well as can hve more time with my girl too.

But thinking of age !! sign....

yuru,
i tik i didnt chat wif u tat day. sorry, i must hv confused u wif may_may. my conversational mandarin can pass lah. how long hv u been in s'pore? u SAHM?

SLK,
like i said b4, lucas is HUGE but he's also super cute. wah, how can ur arms tahan carrying him?

CHEWING
gab has been chewing on everything he can get his hands on. he chews on his wrap towel, blanket, hanky, jacket...anything he can hold/grab

skyblue
wah liao, how can mark yrself so low? kieran is sooo smart, i look at the way he is flipping himself up like nobody's business .. and i think he is one of the first among similar mths old bb here to do tt leh .. and he is so smiley .. haha .. its so easy for me to make him smile ..

oi, must ask permission fm rhyan first before u can take sharwyn's photo to stare hor .. *joking*

wah .. seems like so many mummies here wanna a second one soon .. dun tempt me leh ..

EBM :
How hot is the water u used to warm up EBM, I used hot water as it warm up faster (around 3-5 min), but my girl still cry out loud for milk while waiting to warm up. The book mentioned lukewarm water to warm up but it will take very very long to make the refrigerated milk warm. How abt you gals how do u do it.

littleprince,

bamboo chair alot at chinatown and got different sizes.

Emma,

if you want to try my Ameda pump you can pop by my home on a weekday with your baby.

Yuru,

if you stop pumping the milk in the breast would be re-absorbed and your milk supply would stop also. I pump less than 60ml per day so now stop pumping and just breastfeed in the evenings when got milk supply.

silky, medusa,

the "your baby can read" vcds are not bad. my BIL lend them to me so we watched it but too soon for baby. would play for him when he is older.

afternoon mummies

me still in the midst of compiling the list

skyblue/berry/vaingirl/kelly and many others
can u pls PM the following details to me:
full name
mobile number
complete address

thanks

MT,
Can understand how you felt about your experiences. I will never take bus or mrt when I am with jr alone without hb...usu I will walk, drive or take cab!

Seagal,
You girl is sweet and chubby too.
Nursing tops: I got alot and spend alot too!!
You can get nice one online: www.iwantmilks.com or www.bosom-friends.com

Ruffy,
Ryan so cute and smart leh...btw, we have 2 pics of ryan and my hb...very nice. Will sent to you via email.

Blisse,
Ya, I am happy bfg jr...that type of feeling is 'shiok'.. u know what I am taking abt.
That 'Your baby can read'.. SLK got it at $59.90 @JL with 20%.

MT/ Skyblue/littleprince
I have plans for being SAHM, I will still send my jr to mom for at least some days so I can do my own things and do freelance work if it happens once day. And definitely I will bf my baby for long if I am a SAHM.

Littleprince,
Just realised our babies are now coming into the 'SCREAMING' phase! Berry's faye, Blisse's Carriane and JR all from the 'SCREAM CLUB'!!!

High chair:
I am also looking for another high chair for my hse. JR is currently trying the high chair at my mom plc... he quite enjoys it cos' he gets to sit with us when we have dinner. Of course, we have additional hands to support him when he is on the high chair.

Melody vin,
That's indeed a cute expression. It is like.. "halo! what are you doing?' I took a pix like that for jr before.
Thot I did post you a msg that we send JR to polyclinic for 5-in-1.

HOlIDAYING:
Envy you gals and bbies going to travel soon... I have to wait till Nov then can travel to Brisbrane and Sydney.

SLK,
Lucas is 8.81kg and 65cm long -97th percentile at 4mths! Wow, he is really big and tall! I want to carry him the next time we meet, can?? Btw, I was also advise to let jr start solid only after 6 mths.

EBM,
Silky, I used lukewarm water to warm up EBM. Advise that we shd not use hot boiling water on EBM.

Seagal,

if you can wear S Size nursing tops, I can pass you my new ones becos my milk supply is only at night while I am at home.

Kelly,
i went nov 2003. yar i went to the chocolate factory. yar i love MR the best. i stay at the MR hotel. very nice.
oh actually at times i find abit boring, so i wont go Perth again so fast..hahhah

Medusa,
i wanted epidural but my gynae dont allow me
sad.gif
i was so sad as i wanted to witness the very moment bb is borned. Actually till now i still feel sad as although i have given birth, i didnt experience wats contraction n the labour pain or the feeling of seeing the baby whom u have been carrying for 9mths!

SLK,
as usual, i would say "Ur LUCUS is really BIG!" hahahha
The VCD u got is cheap! i bought one qlready $15.90.

Music Cd
Just now i went PS Carrefour and buy a Music Cd. Only 48.90. The name is My First Nursery Rhymes

SLK,
Wow, Lucas is really big n tall. Think many pple advise to start solids at 6 mths cos bbies' digestive sys is supposedly not mature now... N esp now that mothers r encouraged to bf for at least 6 mths. If u notice, advertisemt for FM for bbies r not allowed cos dun want to encourage mummies to use FM. Many follow-on FM all start from 6 mths. SO i guess the same is also to be said for solids...

rochelle,
U mean the vcd is not suitable for bbies now? Wat's the content like?

thanks for all the info abt the high chairs, looks like i need to go hunting abit ..

kelly
acma got sell? i went in to search for this book but dun see it leh .. how much did u buy it for?

rochelle
u only latch bb once a day? no pumping or anything else? will bb fuss?

someone mentioned before abt the hair salon at forum (?) tt can get polaroid and certificate? can i know what is the address? i have a friend who is interested to bring her bb there for hair cut .. thks!

seagal, my gal was 3.45kg at birth... 3.135kg upon discharge... 4.8kg at 5 weeks (15 Jan)... and 5.4kg today... i've been told she is big for her age... dun worry cos diff babies have diff growth rate...

yuru, jean turns her head many times when she's fidgeting when lying on tummy... but when she sleeps, she will stay put on one side... usually left as she seems to like that side...

Re: BFg
Acherly, I'm one who did not encounter much problems BFg... the only major problem was my MIL making stupid comments when I only start bottle after 1 month of TBF... obviously Jean will have bottle rejection initially what... but MIL keep saying should have let her start bottle upon birth... initially I was not sure I will continue TBF but surprisingly so far so good... and ss is slowly establishing... who else is doing TBF or giving solely EBM here? I'm getting confused who is on TBF/PBF/TEBM/etc... maybe puff can include such info in the list too?

mummies, do ur babies move about in the cot in their sleep? i realised that jean really moves a great deal in her sleep... for eg... once i saved her wif her head stuck in the side of the bassinet of the playpen... luckily it's loose loose type and she scream for help... second time hubby caught her wif both her legs stuck by the side of the bassinet again!! both times happened at night... i'm so worried one day she struggle and dun call for help...

GOOD NEWS (for me lah)...
I can slip on my pre preg jeans leow!! hehe... except when button gotta breath in and a bit tight... hopefully can regain figure by CNY...
happy.gif

littleprince
u can get those bamboo chair at arab st

Fantasitc Sams #02-35 FORUM 583 ORCHARD ROAD
Tel: 737-9925

pay $5 for a polariod and 1st haircut certificate; otherwise it's for free (only on weekday)

jen
hehe, u so cute...also want to include inside the list whether mummies are on TBF/EBM/FM etc
good for u can wear your pre preg jeans; me still struggling to put it on!! my hips has expanded like crazy, dunno how i can "shrink" it back

slk
whoa! lucas is indeed big for his age

little prince
yingxin also likes to scream/yell nowadays especially when i put her down to change; she will only stop when i carry her *sigh*

emma
i feeding my girl friso 1; i use cool boiled water first then add hot water from thermal flask and finally pour in the milk powder

blisse
the haircut is free only on weekdays and they close at 7pm

the certificate indicates it's for the 1st haircut so i'm not sure whether they meant for the full month thingy or 1st visit at the salon; anyway, they will take down the baby's particulars

puff, cute meh?? useful info mah... then we can ask those pple for advice also... do u include the emails/baby names/DOB/etc too?

Hi Mummies,

those subscribe to Motherhood magazine recently
I called up them and asked abt my submission. Rem that time they say if we subscribe no more sling, puff rem they told u n i said i bochap n still send in my subscription! today i called n keisiao asked abt my subscription n when can i get the sling, they told me they will be gettng new batch of sling soon! Meaning we can get it, but then must get our collection letter first which he mentioned is gven after the issue of 2nd issue of magazine. Then i told them i need the sling urgently n can i get early. They say will give me a call tomolo. so Happy!!!

jen
my baby can rotate 360 degree while she is sleeping on her cot so now i dare not let her sleep there anymore; she is sleeping on the floor mattress

yes, i have already included baby's name and dob
regarding whether to include the info on tbf/fm; will have to ask the rest of the mummies

Back