(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

Yingzi, haha, you are so funny....but i think is a good example...next time I can tell that to whoever tell me not to drink coffee, if not baby turn black...hahaha.

Expecting_mum, oh, how come cannot eat too much bananan? It is becos is yellow, afraid of jaundice.

Gals, I think lots of us like potatoe chips har. May be our mouth feel tasteless that why like potatoe chips cos very tastey. Aiyo, now I very thirsty lei, nothing to drink in the office except plain water. I am going to die from dehydration loo.

Is there anyone here who is planning not to do the triple test for down syndrome? Hubby and me have decided not to do it.
happy.gif

expecting mum, I cant takr prune juice, it triggers my MS for at least a few hours. Nowadays I've been taking yogurt daily, hoping that it'll help.

yeeyee, go and buy ribena or honey to mix with plain water.

Ya yeeyee, i brought some instant packs of milo to my office, so when I dun feel like drinking plain water, I can make milo. If u got a fridge in ur office, can buy some juices oso.

Berry, I can't take yogurt oso..can't stand the milky and starchy feel...errghhh...it used to be my fav.

For me, I shld be conducting all the tests that gynae deem to be necessary. Did ur read the news yest..there is a 3D scan where they can detect if there is any abnormalities and at the same time, they can show clearly ur bb features, looks just like it was born...veri amazing..

Yingzi,my office got milo but I don't feel like drinking milo so went to buy a can of soya bean drink. My office got fridge but I don't wan to use cos the fridge very smelly.heehee

Yee Yee,

some say banana will cause a lot of flem....and some say it is too cooling....but my mum say can eat those we called "indian banana" ..dun eat those you can buy from ntuc ..del monte...

You all respond very fast, got a hard time picking up...
happy.gif

I also thought of waiting till the GSS to start buying, but now very tempting leh...
happy.gif

Also, got to consider that when June/July comes, my tummy should be quite big oredi (6-7 months, so quite difficult to squeeze w the crowd)...
see how, think we'll just buy when we come across something interesting.

bebechic,
me also doing triple test next gynae visit in 4 wks...should be doing the down's syndrome test too...

expecting_mum,
can eat bananas lah, just in moderation, and dun eat the del monte ones.

About the detailed scan, anyone knows when to do it ?

Ai yo! I cannot catch up with you girls liao!

Went for my first appt today. The gynae could see the waterbag only! "No breathing yet" he said.... He said I could be 5 weeks pregnant since my period is irregular.

Did a pregnancy test and the line was extremely faint.... Also did a blood test to see if it's going to grow. Have to go back on Tuesday again for a blood test in the morning and see him at lunch time for more conclusive result....

We were very dishearten and can only hope for the best.

Curly,

Mine also only saw waterbag and faint positive. Gynae thinks I'm ard 1 mth.

Why did your gynae ask you to do a blood test? When was your LMP? I am surprised cos mine said at this stage, see waterbag only is normal.

Hi joyful

Actually I also cannot remember liao.... Just checked with my hubby and he said that the blood test is to check the hormones which double very other day. So by next Tuesday, it would be 4x today's and the gynae would be able to tell if the bb's gonna grow....

My LMP was 26 Jan. The gynae said that maybe bec I ovulated late that's why I'm abt 5 weeks and not 7/8 weeks.

expecting_mum,
I'm going for my 4th mth scan on 03rd April ... ask u something.. has yr breast started secreting milk.. today I got a stinging feeling on my left nipple. then I went to squeeze the nipple and droplets of juices started coming out. it looks clear and not like milk at all. but when it dries up, it looks a bit light yellowish.. i quite worried cause at this time seems a bit early for my milk to come leh and at first thot it's milk but bcause of it's clarity, I began to doubt so..

Cubbie, read in some books that the breasts will start to secrete some stuff that's suppose to help build bb's antibodies. But I can't remember when, I'll look it up and inform you. Meanwhile, what u might want to do to stop worrying is to call the doc and ask.

Curly/Joyful

did u gals did a vaginal ultrasound to detect the waterbag ? Mine is faintly positive too..

Curly..

when u first tested positive at home, was it also faint positive ?

did your gynae give you any medicine to take ?

yeeyee, heather,
MS stop because i today 13 week liao. dun worry it will stop for you guys soon too!..or at least not as bad as first trimester la..my MS was light as well, occasionally feel like puking but nvr puke that kind..hehe...

angelia,
now you 11 weeks when you have gynae appointment? at 11 week, my gynae helped my bb measure the skin behind its neck, then the gynae say the width of it is within the normal range, so less chances of down syndrome.it was an assurance though not guaranteed guage la. so just relax, dun worry so much since you dunno wats thge outcome yet..

aurora, the triple test is the down syn test oredi right? which gynae you seeing?

curly, joyful,
i think the heartbeat/breathing can only be detected like in 7 weeks or more. so dun understand why your gynae wans you to do bloodtest. its not neccessary unless you are suppose to be in maybe 11 weeks or so and all you can see is a waterbag...weird...???!!!

Hi bebechic, I also had that test to measure the fold behind bb's neck. The nurse told me I've to do a blood test during my next visit. I ask her y n she jus told me normally at wk 14, gotta do blood test. For wat, she didn't say. Any idea?

Poohy,

Mine is ad scan so only see sac. Curly used v scan...clearer and can see bb heartbeat. I read that v scan is esp gd in early preg cos it offers clearer view. Gynae never offered me v scan...I oso don't noe got such thing before
lame.gif

bebechic,

I read that bb heartbeat only generally start on 6.5wk & onwards. My next visit wd be 8th wk. Gynae thinks ard this time, shd be relatively able to hear bb heartbeat (which would be very reassuring esp in my case). If wait till 11wk...i will be very anxious leh
crazy.gif

Curly has irregular M, the blood test could be another way to come up with more accurate date i think.

poohy, the test at home was very clear and I went to the GP to confirm it. I was given multi vitamins and calcium. I have my own folic acid which the gynae advised me to take twice a day.

bebechic/joyful, the gynae told us 2 possibilities - either I ovulated later than I thought, hence the small waterbag or I had suffered a missed miscarriage where there's no symptom. The blood test of BHCG is to determine whether the baby is dead.....

Cosmo,
Wah.. U still up at this time?! Anyway, the one u mentioned I noe it's called Colostrum.. but it's supposed to come at fm 4th - 6th mth.. mine seemed too early.. my sis asked me not to squeeze it out but it's really painful if I dun do so as it's like 'stuck' in my nipple going to explode liao..

expecting_mum,
U have cracked nipples.. better apply nipple cream soonest if not next time u breastfeed lagi painful one..

Curly, Joyful,
the bloodtest yr gynaes ordered I've been thru b4.. it's to determine if our pregnancy is a normal one .. if the IU/L is doubled every other day, it shows tt yr bb is a normal bb.. tt will justify the cause of concern for a small waterbag

Just to share something wif u gal... My sis told me tt those pregnancies wif bleeding in the 1st Tri all run a very high risk of premature birth.. She was admitted to KKH few days back cause she got irregular contractions and she's only in her 31st wk.. In her same ward, all those who r there all have history of bleeding in their 1st Tri.. and their all give birth btw their 28th wk - 34th wk.. So ladies wif this condition, pls take care of yrself really.. u would nvr want yr bb to kena put inside the blue container wif all the apparatus stucked on bb and bb also suffers cause the organs all not completely functional yet... so poor thing..today got 1 bb kena caesaren only 28th wk and have to b put in icu cause bb can't breathe.. very poor thing.. let's all pray for this bb .. God Bless this Baby!
sad.gif

Hi cubieBB, oh gosh, is that true? but wat can we do to prevent premature birth? Nobody wants their own bb to suffer I'm sure but this kind of thing we really can't do anything abt it rite?

CubbieBB,

My gynae didn't order a blood test on me. Maybe subseq visits.

A friend of mine also had bleeding in 1st Tri....her bb was overdue a few days before she finally give birth to a healthy big girl. I think it really depends on individual.

Curly, stay positive..and take care.

skyblue,
the bloodtest is for downsyndrome lor..its call the maternal serum test or sumthing like that. yah , will let you know your chances of having a down syn bb..and also test for thalesemia...(dunno how to spell)..wat else i dunno liao...i know test for 3 things la actually...me doing the test at 16 weeks..middle of next month..

curly,
wait for the results ok..likely bb is late since your menses is irregular..dun worry..

Hi joyful, thks for the reassurance. Feel better after knowing ur fren's case. For a while, it got me real worried...

Hi bebechic, is the bloodtest commonly known as triple test? Thot we will have a choice as to whether we want to take that test? Cos read from another thread that some mums do not want to do it. Wonder if it's painful...
uhoh.gif

good morning to all ladies

cubie BB,

oh,where can i get the nipple cream ?
somemore sometimes it get itchy.

are you sure about the premature birth ? I have a bit of spotting during my 8 weeks...does it consider bleeding....

Hi skyblue, also wondering abt the triple test... I dun like blood being drawn.

My next visit in 2.5 wks, my 12th week supposed to draw some blood for diabetes etc tests... I dun want to make appt, am procrastinating! Next visit supposed to measure baby's neck too... so not sure if I want another jab/ blood drawn a mth later for the triple test. I want to cry when I think of needles
sad.gif

skyblue, we dun plan to do the test for down symdrome as well. Our gynea also agrees with our decision. I think its called the triple test?

Anyone here with MS that peaked in the 10/11 weeks? I am starting week 11 and ms over the weekend was terrible. I thought i was over it and then ..... it started. Today still feeling nauseous. I will be going to australia during 13th week ... hopefully i will be okie then, else just pay money and lay in the hotel. so wasted!

Ladies,

think not all spotting case will result in premature birth, no prove for that yet.

i finally bought the Boots antenatal cream, quite nice and starting using last night. it takes a while to absorb though.

wendyl, how u feeling?

Hi Micky, what is Boots antenatal cream. Is it a strechmark cream?

BTW, anyone can recommend a good strechmark cream. Can we start using only in 9 weeks of pregnancy?

hee hee ..Yee Yee...i was going to ask the same question to micky....

yah..is it a sretchmark cream......

currently i am only using the nivea body cream tempoary...intend to get a sretchmark cream too.

yes, it is a stretchmark cream recommended by some of the ladies here, cost abt $18.30. can get in pharmacies

Expecting-mum, I heard mustala strech mark cream is not bad but I find it a bit expensive. I think is $49.

hi all,
i have the mothercare stretchmark cream. but don't really think it works. i think use for poisturising lor... yeeyee..yes can start using the cream now... i think elancyl or sumthing like dat is not bad too... its green color packaging can find in guardian pharm...cheaper than mustela.

i can find mustela in serangoon gardens guardian..but didn't buy coz i still haven finish my tube of mothercare..

berry, i cannot find the boots one..went to few watsons also cannot find. dun wan to spend so much on the cream. coz buddy told me its genetic..(which i read from somewhere) no matter wat cream you put..have means have dun haf mean dun haf one lor...see you lucky or not...kekeke..

bebechic, I'm not sure if its available at watsons, I know most mums gor theirs at guardian. Actually I think the main thing is to use a moisturising product to keep the tummy skin supple, dun necessarily have to be stretchmark cream I think.

afternoon berry,so u went to which gynae huh???his got his own clinic,located at where??i still have not finisalise which gynae to see leh??thought of TMC gynae only......

micky....i am feeling tired,would like to sleep most of the time......

hi all

i happened to chance upon this topic. How's everyone?
happy.gif

My EDD is 20 Sept. Anyone also due nearer this period?

I have this problem of getting a good confinement lady. Can I check how would mummies to be here gonna do ur confinement? With ur mum's help or engaging a confinement lady??

hi mom,

sounds weird when i type...like saying hi to my own mom..hahah...berry is 21 sept..i am 26 sept..near?

berry......ur gynae is Dr Paul fm Marsiling......is he gd???comfortable to talk to anot huh???what is his clinic operating hrs huh???

Back